Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Ali Mahdi

Shocking Predictions

Rate this topic

Shocking Predictions

The man who predicted the 1987 stock market crash and the fall of the Soviet Union is now forecasting a revolution in America, food riots and tax rebellions - all within four years, while cautioning that putting food on the table will be a more pressing concern than buying Christmas gifts by 2012.

Gerald Celente, the CEO of Trends Research Institute, is renowned for his accuracy in predicting future world and economic events, which will send a chill down your spine considering what he told Fox News this week.

Celente says that by 2012 America will become an undeveloped nation, that there will be a revolution marked by food riots, squatter rebellions, tax revolts and job marches, and that holidays will be more about obtaining food, not gifts.

“We’re going to see the end of the retail Christmas....we’re going to see a fundamental shift take place....putting food on the table is going to be more important that putting gifts under the Christmas tree,” said Celente, adding that the situation would be “worse than the great depression”.

“America’s going to go through a transition the likes of which no one is prepared for,” said Celente, noting that people’s refusal to acknowledge that America was even in a recession highlights how big a problem denial is in being ready for the true scale of the crisis.

Celente, who successfully predicted the 1997 Asian Currency Crisis, the subprime mortgage collapse and the massive devaluation of the U.S. dollar, told UPI in November last year that the following year would be known as “The Panic of 2008,” adding that “giants (would) tumble to their deaths,” which is exactly what we have witnessed with the collapse of Lehman Brothers, Bear Stearns and others. He also said that the dollar would eventually be devalued by as much as 90 percent.

The consequence of what we have seen unfold this year would lead to a lowering in living standards, Celente predicted a year ago, which is also being borne out by plummeting retail sales figures.

The prospect of revolution was a concept echoed by a British Ministry of Defence report last year, which predicted that within 30 years, the growing gap between the super rich and the middle class, along with an urban underclass threatening social order would mean, “The world’s middle classes might unite, using access to knowledge, resources and skills to shape transnational processes in their own class interest,” and that, “The middle classes could become a revolutionary class.”

In a separate recent interview, Celente went further on the subject of revolution in America.

“There will be a revolution in this country,” he said. “It’s not going to come yet, but it’s going to come down the line and we’re going to see a third party and this was the catalyst for it: the takeover of Washington, D. C., in broad daylight by Wall Street in this bloodless coup. And it will happen as conditions continue to worsen.”

“The first thing to do is organize with tax revolts. That’s going to be the big one because people can’t afford to pay more school tax, property tax, any kind of tax. You’re going to start seeing those kinds of protests start to develop.”

“It’s going to be very bleak. Very sad. And there is going to be a lot of homeless, the likes of which we have never seen before. Tent cities are already sprouting up around the country and we’re going to see many more.”

“We’re going to start seeing huge areas of vacant real estate and squatters living in them as well. It’s going to be a picture the likes of which Americans are not going to be used to. It’s going to come as a shock and with it, there’s going to be a lot of crime. And the crime is going to be a lot worse than it was before because in the last 1929 Depression, people’s minds weren’t wrecked on all these modern drugs - over-the-counter drugs, or crystal meth or whatever it might be. So, you have a huge underclass of very desperate people with their minds chemically blown beyond anybody’s comprehension.”

The George Washington blog has compiled a list of quotes attesting to Celente’s accuracy as a trend forecaster.

“When CNN wants to know about the Top Trends, we ask Gerald Celente.” - CNN Headline News

“Gerald Celente has a knack for getting the zeitgeist right.” - USA Today

“There’s not a better trend forecaster than Gerald Celente. The man knows what he’s talking about.” - CNBC

“Those who take their predictions seriously ... consider Gerald Celente and the Trends Research Institute.” - The Wall Street Journal

“Gerald Celente is always ahead of the curve on trends and uncannily on the mark ... he’s one of the most accurate forecasters around.” - The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

“Mr. Celente tracks the world’s social, economic and business trends for corporate clients.” - The New York Times

“Mr. Celente is a very intelligent guy. We are able to learn about trends from an authority.” - 48 Hours, CBS News

“Gerald Celente has a solid track record. He has predicted everything from the 1987 stock market crash and the demise of the Soviet Union to green marketing and corporate downsizing.” - The Detroit News

“Gerald Celente forecast the 1987 stock market crash, ‘green marketing,’ and the boom in gourmet coffees.” - Chicago Tribune

“The Trends Research Institute is the Standard and Poors of Popular Culture.” - The Los Angeles Times

“If Nostradamus were alive today, he’d have a hard time keeping up with Gerald Celente.”

- New York Post

See:

The above is not beyond the realms of probability, IMHO.

On other bulletin boards I see people arguing quite forcefully that it is entirely reasonable for bankers to have massive bonuses, because of their intelligence/hardwork. These same people also think that it is eminently reasonable for government to bail out failed banks.

Subsidies for other industries are, however, seen as being 'anti-competitive'. At some point ordinary people are going to say they've had enough of a 'heads I win, tails you lose' system, which favours some groups above others.

More generally, I've posted before how I can see a growth of nationalism around the world, which will mean a tough time for religious and ethnic minorities.

I think Communism, as a system, saw its comprehensive defeat, due to its drawbacks. What Celente could not write clearly is that now it's Capitalism's turn. Funny that man keeps conducting global experiments of such massive scales and keeps failing only because we have ignored the simplest basic principles about how things work, revealed by God since the birth of man. In this case, the golden rule is that injustice is destined to lose and that its presence in a system guarantees it's failure, even if stays afloat for a while.

Edited by Ibrahim Nakhaee

who successfully predicted the 1997 Asian Currency Crisis

Who was involved in that crisis? The man who was a major bank-roller for Obama, a man who has funneled millions of dollars into global and American civilian disarmament campaigns so that no person could defend themselves against tyrannical governments or common thugs: GEORGE SOROS, the Hungarian Jew.

His money was well spent it seems.

Senator Barack Obama's presidential campaign slogan, "the audacity of hope," should have instead been "the audacity of deceit." After months of telling the American people that he supports the Second Amendment, and only hours after being declared the president-elect, the Obama transition team website announced an agenda taken straight from the anti-gun lobby--four initiatives designed to ban guns and drive law-abiding firearm manufacturers and dealers out of business

link

As far as capitalism, it is merely the other side of the same coin, Heads, capitalism, Tails, communism. Both run by same group.

“There will be a revolution in this country,” he said. “It’s not going to come yet, but it’s going to come down the line and we’re going to see a third party and this was the catalyst for it: the takeover of Washington, D. C., in broad daylight by Wall Street in this bloodless coup. And it will happen as conditions continue to worsen.”

If things get as bad as they say (and I think it will), American Muslims need to get their heads straight and fill in the void of true leadership and guidance that will come out of this cataclysm. Myself and many other people I know feel that the system of this country is broken, and all we ever see in our media and politics is watered-downed, whitewashed [Edited Out] operating as mind control and propaganda. America needs a new, radical message, something different, and eventually, there will be several groups competing for influence - I suggest that Muslims start acting now before its too late.

this guy i wrong usa is gonna be world ruler for centuries to come. Who else is fit to take her place? nobody !

A large number of International Relations scholars would disagree with you.

I predict the fall of Wilayat e Faqih Regime, inshallah. Just wait until 2012.

I don't think so. :angry:

this guy i wrong usa is gonna be world ruler for centuries to come. Who else is fit to take her place? nobody !

Are you serious? Come on now....

Edited by Shia Engineer

I predict the fall of Wilayat e Faqih Regime, inshallah. Just wait until 2012.

Wishful thinking.

Open your eyes - US and the west, has their eyes on every Arab and every Muslim populated country. ( look at what they do to Pakistan (a secular state) regarding the Bombay attacks. Can you not see the hostile moves by our enemies). They will not rest until Islam is wiped out from this planet. While you wish the demise of the Islamic republic of Iran. Are there any people more evil than you?

Muslims like you are a problem.

You can tolerate your enemies to posses nuclear weapons (Britain, France US, and even Israel). But even though Iran does not want nuclear weapons you go round shouting --- 'Iran should not be allowed to develop nuclear weapons'

Sometimes I wonder if you people are really Muslims. Many of the Kafir we see are far better than Muslims like you.

I predict the demise of many Arab states and utter chaos in the Sunni Muslim world.

Lets see who will prove correct. ME or YOU.

Edited by Ali Fazel

A revolutionary situation in the US, given present circumstances, would be brutal and disasterous. While the system of the US collapsing is not going to be stopped, without a viable, just, and humane way of life foundationally present in the lives of the population of the US - which is artificially divided into many parts that have kept the system going - these parts will simply devour each other when they are 'let loose'. Muslims in the US are going to have an awesome responsibility in showing the way forward as individuals and as a community, lest they get swept up into the blender of a failed, dajjalic system.

Muslims in the US are, unfortunately, in no place to show the way forward --- most of the leadership is tied up with the system, and/or have been acting like Uncle Toms --- there are a few exceptions here and there - but these are, thus far, small groups. Amongst both Shi'a and Sunni there is a tendency to remain silent out of fear of the state, and to retreat into their respective cultural enclaves (this includes both born in USA and immigrant Muslims ). The exception to these tendencies have been marginalized not only by the state, but also by the Toms - and are refused platforms to speak at the mega conferences, and denied fund raising opportunities. The result is a very dismal state, with little or no ideological understanding of the US system, and what the way forward might look like.

The way forward will emerge by people who remained true to the principles of justice, but it is not going to come from US Muslims.

More like a revolution overdue for Canada. Obama is more than a revolution for Americans.

Canada feels the effects of the global financial crisis but not as strongly as there are not the drastic financial swings. There is not the panic that seems to be emerging in the states; people in general, appear to feel a lot more secure than their American neighbours.

Global financial crisis ripples across Canada

When markets crumble, no one is immune - not even Canadian organizations

From its genesis in the U.S. housing market, the so-called credit crisis has extended its reach across industry verticals and geographies around the world. What does this mean for Canada?

Ramesh Swamy, a senior manager in Deloitte's Financial Advisory practice, explains. "Canada's economy generally mirrors major U.S. trends, with a 12-to-18-month lag in areas like housing. However, just as our market peaks tend not to climb as high, our valleys tend not to dip as low. That means Canadian businesses will continue to be affected by the U.S. meltdown, just not as drastically."

The Canadian shield

As American icons like Lehman Brothers, Merrill Lynch and American International Group (AIG) topple, Canadian companies, policy-makers and consumers are questioning the stability of our domestic foundations. Yet Canada's markets appear to be shielded by our traditional conservative stance.

Canada's mortgage market is fundamentally different than its U.S. counterpart. While sub-prime mortgages represent over 20% of all mortgages in some American cities, less than 5% of Canada's mortgages are sub-prime, according to industry statistics cited by the CBC.

Similarly, more prudent fiscal management and tighter credit policies are likely to limit default rates, which are spiraling out of control south of the border. According to BusinessWeek, U.S. default rates for Alt-A loans, which are extended to people with better than sub-prime credit, have climbed from 3% up to 15%. For their part, 30% of sub-prime loans are now delinquent, up from 10% historically.

That said, Canada is by no means immune. "Real estate markets that were too hot are bound to see a downturn, as will certain regions," Swamy asserts. "And several Canadian industries have already been hit, including net exporters, the financial sector, forestry operators, fisheries, manufacturers and airlines."

Edited by Maryaam

Muslims in the US are, unfortunately, in no place to show the way forward --- most of the leadership is tied up with the system, and/or have been acting like Uncle Toms --- there are a few exceptions here and there - but these are, thus far, small groups. Amongst both Shi'a and Sunni there is a tendency to remain silent out of fear of the state, and to retreat into their respective cultural enclaves (this includes both born in USA and immigrant Muslims ). The exception to these tendencies have been marginalized not only by the state, but also by the Toms - and are refused platforms to speak at the mega conferences, and denied fund raising opportunities. The result is a very dismal state, with little or no ideological understanding of the US system, and what the way forward might look like.

The way forward will emerge by people who remained true to the principles of justice, but it is not going to come from US Muslims.

Many of our African American brothers and sisters in the US are more than willing to act decisively and show a way forward, but unforunately, they are ignored by many of the leaders of the immigrant Muslim communities in the US, because they are deemed to be "not Muslim enough". Many Arab and Pakistani/Bengali Muslim immigrants to the US think that they have some sort of monopoly on Islam, and they are trying to present their cultural manifestations of Islam as the mainstream version. I am sick and tired of the fact that converts here have to change their names, dress a certain way, or speak more Arabic in order to be accepted in the community. The cultural Islam of the immigrant community is dead and tired, and in this new globalized world, it is completely irrelevant.

I don't expect anything from the immigrant community at this point, not only because they are reluctant to challenge the state and say things like they are (making them, as you said, Uncle Toms), but they are even reluctant to participate in American life.

There are people, such as Imam Adul Alim Musa, who I have a great deal of respect for, but calling for America to be transformed into an Islamic "shariah" state by 2050 is not going to get anyone anywhere. The Islam that will succeed in the new century will be an Islam that has the same passion and energy of the first communities of Mecca and Medina, not an Islam that is obsessed with legalism. Islam needs to be presented as a viable liberation theology if it is to provide any spiritual or moral leadership in America.

We need homegrown Muslim leaders in the US who know and understand America, and will make Islam relevant for the problems faced by people HERE. I am not saying that we should ignore the plight of our Muslim brothers and sisters overseas, but we cannot divert our attention or resources to problems in other countries when we have tons of them here in our own backyard.

To get a better idea of what I'm talking about, watch the following talk given by Prof. Sherman Jackson, a Muslim scholar in the US:

Edited by bkt900

Seems to be a toss-up between deflation and hyper-inflation. Either extreme can lead to social unrest.

Last week the Fed began printing money to buy mortgage debt directly. The aim is to drive down the long-term interest rates used for most US home loans. The Bernanke speech is being put into practice, almost to the letter.

No doubt, such reflation a l’outrance can “work”, but what is the exit strategy? The policy leaves behind a liquidity lake. The risk is that this will flood the system once the credit pipes are unblocked. The economy could flip abruptly from deflation to hyper-inflation.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/comment...s-extremes.html

Many of our African American brothers and sisters in the US are more than willing to act decisively and show a way forward,

Aside from those associated with people such as Sheikh Musa that you mentioned - I don't find most of the AA leadership to be much different - they have also collaborated with the establishment sometimes more sometimes slightly less than the immigrant Muslims. Part of the reason for this, as Sheikh Musa has pointed out - is that the AA leadership themselves got co-opted by the immigrant Muslims, and left the AA neighborhoods were they were based, some others such as Siraj Wahaj (from what I've been told by Shi'a friends who have visited the masjid he leads, and from others) - are outright anti-Shi'a - and I have no time for those kinds of people.

However, having said that - I do find the dicothomy created esp. post 9/11 between "immigrant" and "born in the USA" Muslims to also be problematic, given that it is used as a way to nationalize Muslims in the US to identify primarily with US - and only secondarily with the Muslim umma worldwide --- be clear, I said identification, not sharing in culture or politics. That primary American identification does, however, leads to all kinds of dysfunctional Muslim politics such as taking a less active position about American responsibility for the slaughter of Muslims worldwide. And inviting Homeland Security to have tables at their conferences - in the name of "participating at all levels of American life, politics, institutions."

I agree that Muslims need to understand how the US functions, its politics, its culture, and to have a social justice viewpoint that is international - not nationalistic - and in that respect, Malcolm X had it right - because he engaged at both national and international levels. Because to live in the US and to strive for justice, means necessarily having an international perspective and solidarity - nationalism is bad enough elsewhere, in the US context it is especially lethal.

And relating this to the topic at hand, Sheikh Musa has been insisting for some years, that Muslims have to be ready to step in - when the "sucker goes down" (to quote bush (la) ) - unfortunately, with few exceptions, US Muslims are far from ready --- we have not even begun to clarify our ideological position re: the economy, capitalism, and its manifestation of imperialism.

Aside from those associated with people such as Sheikh Musa that you mentioned - I don't find most of the AA leadership to be much different - they have also collaborated with the establishment sometimes more sometimes slightly less than the immigrant Muslims. Part of the reason for this, as Sheikh Musa has pointed out - is that the AA leadership themselves got co-opted by the immigrant Muslims, and left the AA neighborhoods were they were based, some others such as Siraj Wahaj (from what I've been told by Shi'a friends who have visited the masjid he leads, and from others) - are outright anti-Shi'a - and I have no time for those kinds of people.

Exactly - and it because of certain segments of the immigrant community that some brothers have been infected by the anti-Shia poison. Aside from the sellouts, most of the AA Muslim community is quite non-sectarian, they just need better leadership and a louder voice. The reason why I am so hostile towards these immigrant Muslim communities is because they want to establish their own version of Islam here on American soil, an Islam that is mostly Sunni, Arabist, legalistic, and hostile to Shiism. The Islam that should gain a stronghold here should be one that is reborn, renewed, and completely non-sectarian, not the Arabist cult of the Wahabbis.

However, having said that - I do find the dicothomy created esp. post 9/11 between "immigrant" and "born in the USA" Muslims to also be problematic, given that it is used as a way to nationalize Muslims in the US to identify primarily with US - and only secondarily with the Muslim umma worldwide --- be clear, I said identification, not sharing in culture or politics. That primary American identification does, however, leads to all kinds of dysfunctional Muslim politics such as taking a less active position about American responsibility for the slaughter of Muslims worldwide. And inviting Homeland Security to have tables at their conferences - in the name of "participating at all levels of American life, politics, institutions."

Cooperating with the US government, in most cases, is a big no no in my book. As you put it, these people are Uncle Toms; we need leaders who need to stand firm and ATTACK the mainstream media for its negative portrayal of Islam (not physically), and stand against government propaganda. Every single time some terror attack or bomb goes off, organizations like CAIR jump in and tell everyone how sorry they are and how much they condemn the attacks - they do this because certain forces in this country think that Muslims need to speak out every single time some other "Muslim" thousands of miles away does something stupid. This is complete BS; we need leaders who will say that Muslims have absolutely nothing to apologize for and that the mainstream media and US government can stick such sentiments up their pipe. By "condemning" terror attacks, we are acknowledging those mass murders as our co-religionists, and that is a huge mistake.

I agree that Muslims need to understand how the US functions, its politics, its culture, and to have a social justice viewpoint that is international - not nationalistic - and in that respect, Malcolm X had it right - because he engaged at both national and international levels. Because to live in the US and to strive for justice, means necessarily having an international perspective and solidarity - nationalism is bad enough elsewhere, in the US context it is especially lethal.

Malcolm X was the perfect example of the ideal Muslim American leader. If we want change to take place at the international level, we must first change America itself. As Sheikh Musa said, "if you invite America to Islam, you invite the world to Islam". As I mentioned before, we need the development of a viable liberation theology derived from Islam, and looking at figures such as Malcolm X or even Ali Shariati would be a good start.

And relating this to the topic at hand, Sheikh Musa has been insisting for some years, that Muslims have to be ready to step in - when the "sucker goes down" (to quote bush (la) ) - unfortunately, with few exceptions, US Muslims are far from ready --- we have not even begun to clarify our ideological position re: the economy, capitalism, and its manifestation of imperialism.

Give it a few more years, and inshallah, we'll get there. This is something we need to do, whether or not the immigrant community is willing to support us.

Edited by bkt900

A revolutionary situation in the US, given present circumstances, would be brutal and disasterous. While the system of the US collapsing is not going to be stopped, without a viable, just, and humane way of life foundationally present in the lives of the population of the US - which is artificially divided into many parts that have kept the system going - these parts will simply devour each other when they are 'let loose'. Muslims in the US are going to have an awesome responsibility in showing the way forward as individuals and as a community, lest they get swept up into the blender of a failed, dajjalic system.

I have always feared that if there were any unrest or instability in the US, much of it would simply fall apart, since so much of social order (such as family bonds, neighborhood ties, religious ties etc) has been lost in a lot of places. Perhaps some places which still have these support systems would do ok, but in many places, it would be every person for themself. Of course, there does seem to have been a spirit of resilience among people in the past and of coming together when it was necessary.

Muslims in general have more of a spirit of communality than some other peoples in America, and this is something that is very crucial in times of need. However, I'm not sure how much leading Muslims in the US can really do. Aside from the fact that only a fraction of the Muslims really live the social values taught by Islam, Muslims are still a very small minority. To ourselves, we seem like a very big group, because we see each other time. But to most other people, we're just a speck on the map, and a speck that many don't have much regard for.

I have always feared that if there were any unrest or instability in the US, much of it would simply fall apart, since so much of social order (such as family bonds, neighborhood ties, religious ties etc) has been lost in a lot of places. Perhaps some places which still have these support systems would do ok, but in many places, it would be every person for themself.

This was all by design, not by chance.

Those who hated what America was have truly succeeded in their plan.

It is a sad thing to see a once proud and powerful people so debased, so weak, so degenerate.

Shiny baubles were dangled in front of them, so they were mesmerized by those who control what they see.

It took some generations but eventually they came to think as the storytellers told them to think.

The results are all about you.

Edited by Fool4God