Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Is there such thing as true love?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salam

There are thousands of movies, poems, and books dedicated to love. Yet i find the entire concept fake, nothing but exaggeration. i want to know Islamicly is there such thing as love between man and women before marriage? And How to you know its love not some other feeling?

• Advanced Member

Salam aleikum

Word love means many things.

Love is to like something very much.

Love is to have passion towards something.

Love is to want good for somebody.

Love is to want somebody be happy.

Love is to be merciful and fair for some.

God is loving some when poeple has guidance and knowledge, meaning they do good deeds whit understanding.

Yes there can be halal love before marriage, but haram love is haram love. Person knows if he loves somebody or not, if he likes her, wants her to be happy, wants make good to her and wants to be merciful and fair to her. If man wants thise to woman before marriage, then he loves her. Also, if the woman wants same things to his future spouse then she loves him too.

Those movies are only abotu passion, and human being is capable to have passion towards any thing, even it could be harmful to himself.

Salam aleikum.

Edited by Ali Askari
  • Unregistered

in islam and reality is that love starts after marriage , u should control and stop your self , loving a non mehram, just wait a bit and make her your mehram first , then do love her as much as u can :wub:

Edited by Beloved
  • Advanced Member

I was in love with my husband before marrying him, and even after marriage, im still in love with him.

True love does exists. When you cant think of marrying anyother person except him or cant think of any other person except, than its love.

Same happened with me, i cudnt even think of marrying anyone else except him, and intentions were pure so Alhumd. Allah got me married to him and im happy to have him in my life.

Islam allows the person to choose whom they want to marry, if you want to marry someone than its not a sin. But than, get married as soon as possible.

True love comes natural. Theres nothing wrong in love marriage. Both can win and both can fail, it just depends on how you carry it.

• Unregistered

If you are really looking for adventure and if you want to feel the heat and want to be burn in it , just do nikah and let your wife live with her parents . . . . . and stay away for a while . . .

Edited by Beloved
  • Advanced Member
If you are really looking for adventure and if you want to feel the heat and want to be burn in it , just do nikah and let your wife live with her parents . . . . . and stay away for a while . . .

dude i'm a girl! AND its just a question...i dont waant any adventure

Salam

There are thousands of movies, poems, and books dedicated to love. Yet i find the entire concept fake, nothing but exaggeration. i want to know Islamicly is there such thing as love between man and women before marriage? And How to you know its love not some other feeling?

Salaams

Ofcourse there is.

I believe one of the greatest Islamic Love Story is Nabi Sulayman and Queen Sheba/Bilkis. He had her totally spellbound.

Being in love is a great great feeling as long as its Islamically centred. But you have to make sure that your core values are as halaal as possible and yes your love will be tested. If your core values are Islamically sustainable, you will Inshallah overcome all the obstacles.

If not, the love will wither and die. And yes it happens.

salaams

• Advanced Member

Good asnwer by brother Knightstempler.

Islam doesnt isolate a person from liking someone and wanting to marry him/her. Hazrat Khadija(ra) liked the character of the Prophet(PBUH) and sent a proposal to him.

So, theres nothing wrong in liking someone and wanting to marry them, just send a marriage proposal and get married.

But everyone is differrent and thinks differently and view things different. For many, who never loved anyone, love wud be just a story tale, but the ones who have experienced it knows best.

Love is not lust at all. Love is all about caring, understanding and honestly.

Edited by *Love AhleBayt*
  • Advanced Member

Love for Allah

The definition of belief in the Qur'an is complete devotion to Allah and Allah alone. The Hereafter is absolutely inescapable. The believer is devoted to Allah because he knows he will certainly give an account of everything he did in the world.

Everything a person owns in the world such as health, intelligence, beauty, wealth, career, good standards of living, spouse, children, and other blessings such as food and clothing are all from Allah and is defined by Allah down to the finest detail. There is no provider other than Allah.

The true believer knows this undeniable fact and so loves and glorifies Allah ceaselessly. Surely the one who has given everything is deserving of the greatest love and respect. He never dares to attribute the source of these blessings to any worldly being, to himself, or anyone else, nor does he love any being as he loves Allah.

Allah is most compassionate and most merciful to mankind” (Qur’an 22:65)

When people forget Allah and pay no heed to the true religion, they begin to love and chase after objects in life thinking they exist independent of Allah, deceived into thinking that these objects have an existence outside of Allah, who is the One who actually originates them. In Qur’anic terms, being devoted to objects independent of Allah is associating partners with Allah.

For a believer, the good things in life given to him by Allah, is merely ways to get nearer to Allah. He does this by praising Allah for each and every blessing no matter how disguised it may be. For example, the believer is grateful to Allah for his healthy heart and eyes, this leads him to work more righteously in life as Allah requires him to do so. If he 'loves' anything or any being in life, he does so only so he can increase in his love for Allah and to render thanks to Him. Indeed, that is the purpose of all the blessings Allah has provided people.

For example, the believer may love his spouse, this makes the believer thank and love Allah even more and in no way does he consider this love to have originated from any other than Allah. It is all from Allah. In this way, everything on earth is given to us so we can be more devoted to Allah, and follow His commands as described in the Qur'an. If the believer looses anyone or anything of attachment in the world, he really has not lost anything so long as he has love for Allah and continues to be devoted to Him.

When love for objects or human figures, living or of the past, take an independent standing outside the realm of Allah, a person's purpose of living is faulty and he is only following his own vain desires and not Allah. For instance, a person acquires material wealth without duly thanking Allah or a person who ‘idolises’ an individual due to love for that person outside and beyond the love of Allah, for instance, celebrities, football players, scientists, and thinkers or religious figures.

Have you considered the one who has taken his own desire as his god? Allah has, knowing him as such, allowed to be strayed? Sealing his ears and heart and covering his eyes – who can guide such a person after Allah has done this? Will you not take heed?” (Qur’an 45:23)

The believer’s only motive on earth is to earn the good pleasure of Allah and only Allah’s approval, no one else’s.

Having now seen the kind of superior understanding of faith and way of life of a true believer, it becomes easier to see that disbelievers are always committing great wrong when they consume Allah's blessings without making it a way to increase in love of Allah and draw nearer to Allah. Indeed, they are arrogant about accepting Allah as the originator of the blessings and deny Him altogether. They begin to venerate human beings and themselves for every blessing they are given and chase after objects thinking they are outside of Allah's originating power.

"Yet, there are those who chose to worship others beside Allah as rivals to Him, loving them as they should love Allah, but the believers have greater love for Allah" (Qur'an 2:165)

Knowing that Allah is the source of every single blessing on earth, the true believer derives the greatest pleasure from the worldly blessings Allah has provided for him, while also earning Allah's Paradise in the Hereafter.

The hidden idolatry committed by most people is because their hearts do not reflect on the Qur'an which calls them to true faith. They therefore have given themselves no possibility of bringing themselves to true faith. Only the Qur'an explains to people the true sense of faith.

Unfortunately, this form of hidden idolatry we are discussing is not just restricted to disbelievers. Even many so-called Muslims, who think they are practicing religion, also fall into this hidden idolatry. For example, some Muslims profess their love for Prophet Muhammad readily and are full of praises and glory for the Prophet. Amazingly, the same does not hold true for Allah. Upon a closer analysis, we find that their case is no different from all the other ignorant people who fail to accept true faith in Allah and fail to love and glorify Allah independent of anything else.

Islam is purely and simply a complete surrendering of ones soul to the Almighty Creator and His purpose in Creation. This is actually a comprehension more than anything else. Only the Qur'an provides accurate information on how to attain true faith and comprehension, which is free of corruption, the kind required by Allah in order to be successful in the Hereafter.

All Muslims must make sincere attempts to understand what true faith is by taking serious responsibility to study faith directly from the Qur'an, before it is too late. Until a person does this, there can be no chance of true faith.

aceofhearts

• 3 weeks later...
He had her totally spellbound.

And she had him spellbound too.

I believe that Allah has chosen and created a partner for us in heaven and it is only up to you to find her or him here.

Hazrat Adam (as) spent countless years searching for his one and only true love Hawwa (as) when they were both thrown out of Jannat to here.

And it is only after they met and married and then repented on Jabal Rehmah that they were forgiven. By saying that true love is only for Allah is like being ungrateful towards him because we are actually being Grateful to Allah by loving what He has created for us.

• Veteran Member

actually i LOVED your posts sister "love ahlebayt"(Mrs F);).....this iS exactly what lovE means...

besides...for those who say its haram...it's nothing but a pure FEELING just like any other feeling(happiness..sadness...anger..)....and we just cant stop or control emotions guys.... :wub:

pEACE...and LOVE.. ^_^

Edited by FaTiMa miRzaDa
  • Advanced Member

i loved my husband before we married and to me true love does exist it clears wrong doings and makes one appriciate what they do have!! there must b elove in amarriege and for those that say true love i sonly for Allah i must tell yall that this means you are turning away that which Allah has given us!!

nope doesnt exist between humans... the only true form of love is from Allah(swt) towards his creation... no matter what we do and how ugly we get in our actions its only Allah that still provides us food and shelter and gives us His blessings... He (swt) declared Himself that He loves His creation more than 70 mothers... i think thats enough to know what True love actually is... for the people who are saying that love is when you cant think of marrying som1 else umm seriously lol that doesnt even make sense... i bet if your partner doesnt talk to you for more than a week you will be pissed at him/her and think of so many different things against them... lol hell if you take only 1 of the 3 basic needs from your partner lol we will see how much love there is... while its only Allah(swt) that no matter what you do He will still help you...

if true love did exist than why didnt Allah(swt) promised you same partners in after life too, why He(swt) told you that you will have so many horeys in heavens... its because life here is temporary, partners here are temp, love here is temp (just your hormones acting up)... lol i hate lecturing but somtimes ppl are too western influenced...

• Advanced Member

^ yeah it's true, love between man and woman is always conditional (although people who are in love do say something like.. "I love you unconditionally" bla blah)

true love, apart from love for God or ahlul bayt is I think love of parents to their children.. mother especially. You always love your child unconditionally no matter what, and it doesn't matter if they don't love you back or treat you badly because you'll always love them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Basic Members

I believe that Allah has chosen and created a partner for us in heaven and it is only up to you to find her or him here.

Hazrat Adam (as) spent countless years searching for his one and only true love Hawwa (as) when they were both thrown out of Jannat to here.

And it is only after they met and married and then repented on Jabal Rehmah that they were forgiven. By saying that true love is only for Allah is like being ungrateful towards him because we are actually being Grateful to Allah by loving what He has created for us.

Awesome this an absolute answer even m in true love n there were so many chances that v could have been segregated but Allah TA'ALLA n MOLA ALI helped both ov us to such an extent that the opponents had to repent v both do get away frm the biggest hurdles so very easily MASHALLAH if u like som1 go n tell u r parents if they dun agree then try 2 make them if u truly love eachother.Luv is a passion created by Allah TAALA just like all other passions i.e;anger hatred etc v experience all ov them why cant v experience love but it shud b true both of them shud nt think of ne 1 else except 4 eachother thats it there is a hell ov difference b/w luv n lust Allah TAALA DOES NOT help the fake ppl.mind it!!

• Basic Members

Awesome thumbs up!! exactly it entirely depends on ur ownself.even i luv some1 n our parents knw secondly if ur luv is true then Allah TAALA N MOLA ALI DO help u just as v r helped.there were so many chances that v cud've been segregated but again as v were sincere 2 eachother Allah TAALA n then MOLA ALI helped us n nw the opponents r regretting.For God's sake there is a hell ov differnce b/w luv n lust.lust is obviously nt supported by Allah TAALA n the ppl r ruined who r indulged in lust.n the most imp point is that Allah is the creator ov everything includin passions v experience 4 instance anger,hatred etc why can't v experience luv when it is nt with bad intension.everything depends upon ur intensions n ur innerself.true luv binds 2 ppl n it is then true luv wen both ov them can't even think of ne1 else except eachother.n the one who said that is this a site to post such topics then why nt if som1 wants 2 knw sumthin frm Islamic point of view then wt is the prb?In Islam it is imp 2 ask frm a girl b4 her marriage that whether she agrees or nt or if she like sum1 Nikkah is nt jaiiz widout girls permission.mind it!

Edited by Kaneez-e-AHLE BAIT
  • Basic Members
I was in love with my husband before marrying him, and even after marriage, im still in love with him.

True love does exists. When you cant think of marrying anyother person except him or cant think of any other person except, than its love.

Same happened with me, i cudnt even think of marrying anyone else except him, and intentions were pure so Alhumd. Allah got me married to him and im happy to have him in my life.

Islam allows the person to choose whom they want to marry, if you want to marry someone than its not a sin. But than, get married as soon as possible.

True love comes natural. Theres nothing wrong in love marriage. Both can win and both can fail, it just depends on how you carry it.

What do you mean by pure intentions ? Intention of not having sex ?

Salam

Why are you so confident about that you will get the right answer through only islamic views?

What we call love, is universal.

And you appearently mean love between a man and a woman, amongst the things it could mean.

I have no experience, but i would like to think that there is only devotion and loyality towards ones family.

And these virtues produces a good feeling. We can call it love.

Love between a man and a woman, before and after marriage is the same. Marriage is only a contract. Which say that you are now bound to a family. Without a contract, there are no steady points which one can attach his emotions to.

I am a beliver in the following Chinese wisdom. It means; "what is and what isnt cause eachother to exist". Duality. Therefore without duality, there exists nothings ... such as love. There then exists compassion, which is an exaggerated form of responsibility.

"Being and non-being create each other.

Difficult and easy support each other.

Long and short define each other.

High and low depend on each other.

Before and after follow each other."

• Advanced Member

There is indeed true love.

However, that sort of love is not known by most people.

It is forbidden for those who do not know sinless Imams.

Reject Ali and you will be deprived of knowing what true love is.

Its not my rule.

God denies it to all His enemies.

Ya Ali Madaad!!

• Advanced Member
Salam

true love .. . hm, I'd like to think so, but love at first sight, no way, love is something that takes time to build and its based on respect, but honestly isnt it overrated anyways?