Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
adeebhyder

CAN A SUNNI GIRL LOVE SHIA BOY AND MARRY HIM

Rate this topic

Salam Aleikum

It is permissible. I think this boy should teach this girl about imaamat before they got married, and have her oppinions about ahlulbayt (as). Thise kind of marriages have high tendency to produge confused chilren that dont know how to believe and what to believe about.

Salam.

A Sunni girl and my mother's brother were getting married, but broke up. The Sunni girl first said she wud follow the religion fully, but than refused to attend Majlises and particiapate in the shia lectures, so my uncle refused to marry her. And i think his decision was right.

She was a confused person. but overall, if the girl is ready to follow the right path, than why not, you can marry her.

People who doesnt respect Ahle-Bayt and respect the Holy month of Muharram and Safar shouldnt be the part of the family of Shias.

A Sunni girl and my mother's brother were getting married, but broke up. The Sunni girl first said she wud follow the religion fully, but than refused to attend Majlises and particiapate in the shia lectures, so my uncle refused to marry her. And i think his decision was right.

She was a confused person. but overall, if the girl is ready to follow the right path, than why not, you can marry her.

People who doesnt respect Ahle-Bayt and respect the Holy month of Muharram and Safar shouldnt be the part of the family of Shias.

That was probably for the best that they broke up. I'm in favor of Shia/Sunni marriages but only if both sides agree to respect the other. I'm not talking about converting from one to the other but to at least respect the other's wishes.

In this case it would appear that neither was she going to become Shia nor was she going to be respectful of him being Shia. Better to break it off in the start then get married and then have a daily disaster which can lead to major problems the least of which would be a divorce.

^yea, we all respected his decision. The girl seemed confused. She showed no respect to the Holy Month of Muharram.

Now hes happily married with a Shia. If the sunni girl respected Muharrams, problem wudnt have occured. But whatever happens, happens for good.

Allah is the only One worthy of love. We should love everyone else out of love of Allah for His sake. Many people have a distorted concept of what love is. When teenagers talk about love, they are actually pointing towards hormones, desires, lust and natural feelings which come at that age.

As far as marriages between Shia and Sunnis, they are makrooh so obviously its better to avoid them. A person really trying to get close to Allah wouldnt do the makrooh acts for the sake of Allah. I dont think theres any point in trying to justify these marriages as the marjas have given their final word and they know more about Islam, society, have more experience in life and wisdom etc.

We should learn to control our nafs and our emotions/desires and refrain from these marriages for the good of our society. Controlling the nafs is not only about controlling the base desires. Lastly these marriages can be haram if theres the fear of going astray. Sunnis have a massive and open flaw which has a major affect on our lives. And that flaw is denial of Imam Ali's (as) wilayah and not disassociating from the enemies of the Ahlul Bayt (as).

There are a million threads on this topic, just look in the Social and Family Issues forum!

Answers from ulama are included in those threads.

Please, let's not start another argument on this one!

There are approx. 450 threads already on the same topic "shia-sunni marriage". There is absolutely no need and no room for any further topics on the same issue. This debate has been discussed to its limit. Please use search.

(salam)

i want advice from all sunni-shia brother & sisters.one sunni lady love me so much & want to marry me as i am a shia.we are agreed that we will respect all life eachother schools of thoughts.after engagement she is very much changed in the positive sense.she started attending majalis,when i asked that if u have any questions regarding shia-ideology.i am ready to answer u.she asked some question which were raised by her family members & others she used to observe from her childhood.when i answered she was convinced.she is very helpful,mature,educated and a good hearted lady.now i only think what my children will acquire after having shia-sunni parents.i need your kind advice on this.

Jaza-kallah-e-khair

(wasalam)

Its not haraam but come on lets be realistic here... Whats the guarantee that the girl u love will be completely shia? since the mother is responsible for the upbringing of the children what is the guratantee that she will raise them as proper shias? Think about your daughter... you'll have hell of a problem marrying her in to a good shia family with her entire mothers side being sunni, no shia family would be too keen to marry a girl who's half family is shia and half sunni. You may make decisions out of so called love now but you need to think about the circumstances of your children because in the end they are the ones who suffer.

Allah is the only One worthy of love. We should love everyone else out of love of Allah for His sake. Many people have a distorted concept of what love is. When teenagers talk about love, they are actually pointing towards hormones, desires, lust and natural feelings which come at that age.

As far as marriages between Shia and Sunnis, they are makrooh so obviously its better to avoid them. A person really trying to get close to Allah wouldnt do the makrooh acts for the sake of Allah. I dont think theres any point in trying to justify these marriages as the marjas have given their final word and they know more about Islam, society, have more experience in life and wisdom etc.

We should learn to control our nafs and our emotions/desires and refrain from these marriages for the good of our society. Controlling the nafs is not only about controlling the base desires. Lastly these marriages can be haram if theres the fear of going astray. Sunnis have a massive and open flaw which has a major affect on our lives. And that flaw is denial of Imam Ali's (as) wilayah and not disassociating from the enemies of the Ahlul Bayt (as).

(salam) Indeed a very nice reply. JazakAllah brother...

I dont see why they shouldnt get married.

Personally right, your supposed to be a good muslim before being a good sunni/shia.

like if she doesn what the prophet and the quran says, thats her being a good muslim.

but if your views dont get on, like if the lad wants her to go to majlis and she wont, then maybee you shouldnt get married, cos it will lead to arguments.

& you should both check out each others sects man, you should properly know what shia's are like and he should know what sunni's are like, unless you want your marriage to turn out like a wrestling match lol.

eurghh my reply sounds well messed up, but you should get what i mean :wacko:

I am also stuck in some thing like this,but my issue is not the shia sunni thing but some thing different,kind heart will always accept the HAQ so i dont see any thing wrong in marrying kind hearted sunni girl.I request all my brothers and sisters here please pray for me,I really need prayers coz this issue is giving me sleepless nights and i cant help it.

Jazakallah

Its not haraam but come on lets be realistic here... Whats the guarantee that the girl u love will be completely shia? since the mother is responsible for the upbringing of the children what is the guratantee that she will raise them as proper shias? Think about your daughter... you'll have hell of a problem marrying her in to a good shia family with her entire mothers side being sunni, no shia family would be too keen to marry a girl who's half family is shia and half sunni. You may make decisions out of so called love now but you need to think about the circumstances of your children because in the end they are the ones who suffer.

It's allowed if she accepts the shia school of thought completely, but as social issue pointed out by this sister, is valid. When some one is going to marry his daughters, the social pressure will apply and people will not give preference.

It's allowed if she accepts the shia school of thought completely, but as social issue pointed out by this sister, is valid. When some one is going to marry his daughters, the social pressure will apply and people will not give preference.

(salam)

i want advice from all sunni-shia brother & sisters.one sunni lady love me so much & want to marry me as i am a shia.we are agreed that we will respect all life eachother schools of thoughts.after engagement she is very much changed in the positive sense.she started attending majalis,when i asked that if u have any questions regarding shia-ideology.i am ready to answer u.she asked some question which were raised by her family members & others she used to observe from her childhood.when i answered she was convinced.she is very helpful,mature,educated and a good hearted lady.now i only think what my children will acquire after having shia-sunni parents.i need your kind advice on this.

Jaza-kallah-e-khair

(wasalam)

assqalm u aliakum brother i want to ask but hw u hav conveinced ur parents for this?????coz i m even d same situation and wanted some solutions plz reply on wat basis v can conveince coz i also wanted to get convert into shia but fear bcz of my family nd relatives ...plz reply hwz ur partner has conveinced her parents???plz reply

BismiLlah-e-Rehman` nr Raheem

Asalamoalkim ,

Amma Baad

Dekho Bhaio sb se pehle mai ye batana chahta hun apne bhaio or behno k Mohabbat-e-ahl-eBait Dil se hoti hai zuban se nhe. agar mai majlis sunta hun matam karta hun to zahir hai k mai Mola-e-kainat k ghum ka barabar ka shareek hona chahta hun ( wo bat aur hai k meri umar bhar ki bhi takleef or ghum, Ranj-e-Ali ka 1 katra b nhe) tab he mai Alh-e-bait se qurbat rakhta honga? nhe esa nhe hai. agr mai majlis mai na jawon matam na karun ansu na bahaon, pr ye b ho sakta hai k dil se shayad mai un ki mohabbat mai itna dewana hota hon k dil ki bat dil tak he reh jati ho..

to zaroori nhe k hm majlis mai jayain or matam karain tab he sabit hoga k hm Qurbat wale hain. ( ye baat b theek hai k agar UNHE chahte ho to Aazmaish do qk wo Allah ko chahte hain or un k Rasool S.A.W.S ko jb Allah ne un se Mohabbat ki Aazmaish li to hm kon hain dosto?. jo mohabbat rakhte hain un ka zuban or dil ka iqrar aik he hota hai chahay muhabbat show karain ya nahe.

dusri baat bhai ne puchi k Sunni larki shia larke se shadi kar sakti hai k nhe...?

Bilkul kar sakti hai , Shia koi Kafir to nhe k Sunni na kar ske. ye to hamari bad bakhti hai k hm sb groh(groups,firkah) mai bat gae hain.

Achi baat ye hai k jab us se shadi karo k Qurbat-e- Ahl-e-Bait na rakhta ho aur shadi k baad us k dil mai itna badlawo ajae k wo Ahl-e-Bait ki Mohabbat mai giraftar ho jae to es se achi baat aur kon c hogi ?

pr agar hum ye kahain k nhe yaar wo larki sunni hai mai shia hon wo majlis per nhe jati aur mai usay talak de dun ya rishta na karun to es se kisi ko fark nhe parega pr agr rishta ho jae or shadi k bat larki ya larka Mohabbat mai giraftar ho jae to sb se bari Ajar ki baat hai,

Thnx hope k ye jawab ap ko convince kar de

TO LALALA12:

the way you talk about shia men like their gods compared to sunnis is wrong. I am sunni and am in love with a shia and we will marry soon. I love him because he is a good person and respects me. Allah said that only one group of muslims will enter jannat, some people take this to mean either the sunnis or the shias but that is wrong! The group Allah speaks of is put simply the good muslims. If you are a good muslim you will enter jannat if you aren't you wont. Allah loves everyone and as long as you are marrying a good muslim it is irrelevant wether they are sunni or shia. So before you complain about their not being enough shia men you should start judging people on how good a muslim they are and how they respects their fellow muslim brothers and sisters.

I'm against any kind of shi'a with sunni marriage, the sunni one has to change their wrong beliefs BEFORE marriage.

The prophet (s) and his progeny (as) have told us time after time again that whether we marry someone, must be based on their faith, not "love". Two to five years into your marriage all these 'lovey dovey' feelings will be 'forgotten' and pushed aside for important things about life (e.g. what on earth are your children going to believe -> and NO there is NO SUCH THING as children decide on their own, they do not, take it from me, they will end up very confused children). If this sunni person does not change, you are setting yourself up for misery.

I'm all for political unity, but respect is a different matter. I can not have respect for someone who follows a lineage of those who ignored the prophet (s) at his death bed and murdered the progeny (as) of the prophet (s). Regardless of whether most of them are not aware of this, which should be a hint to you that they never were interested in faith to even bother...

Once confronted with the truth, a truth seeker will accept the truth and reject falsehood... confront the sunni with the truth and see what happens.