Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
arshiraza

Michael Jackson Converted to Islam

Rate this topic

Pop singer Michael Jackson has converted to Islam and changed his name to Mikaeel.

The 50-year-old star, pledged his allegiance to the Koran in a ceremony at a friend's mansion in Los Angeles, the Sun reported.

Jackson sat on the floor wearing a tiny hat after an Imam was summoned to officiate -- days before the singer is due to appear at London's High Court where he is being sued by an Arab Sheikh, the paper said.

The star decided to adopt the new religion while he was recording a song at the home of his friend where a Jehovah's witness was brought up to help him through the ceremony.

Apparently the star of hits like The Way You Make Me Feel-was convinced by his producer and songwriter friends David Wharnsby and Phillip Bubal.

"They began talking to him about their beliefs, and how they thought they had become better people after they converted. Michael soon began warming to the idea.

"An Imam was summoned from the mosque and Michael went through the shahada, which is the Muslim declaration of belief," the source revealed.

Mikaeel is the name of one of Allah's angels.

"Jacko rejected an alternative name, Mustafa meaning 'the chosen one'", the source added.

The singer, who rarely ventures out without a mask, is due to give evidence on Monday in a 4.7 million pound lawsuit brought by Prince Abdulla Al-Khalif of Bahrain for defaulting on an exclusive recording contract.

http://buzz18.in.com/news/music/michael-ja...o-islam/98401/0

salam,

don't think they would show this in the news as MJ is popular all over the world. If he converted to Judaism (anything other than Muslim), then they would definately have shown it i'm sure.

When they did Celebrity Big Brother here a few years ago, his brother was on it. He used to pray regularly; but I don't think they showed him doing so, even once.

People will think when everyone is against muslims and they are all terrorists etc., how can someone like MJ become one? They will want to find out more and probably that's why no media coverage as such. Just my opinion.

ws

A long wait has been over now, the news of Michael Jackson conversion to Islam is confirmed now. At a conversion ceremony on 20th november, Michael jackson has officialy became a Muslim and changed his name to Mikaeel Jackson.

Edited by Zombie110

Well I'd wait to believe it until a paper that isn't a known story spinning tabloid reports it (seriously especially the sun). Maybe it's true, if it is good for him if he's serious, but I'll be believe it when I see a reliable source state it.

yep and a quick google search suggests it has been in the offing for some time now. congrats to the new mikhaeel. maybe he will come out with some good islamic pop.

He would provide us an official statement, come out on TV, provide an audio sound bite of him saying muslim revocation, anything...

Jimmy Cliff the Jamaican Raggae Music Singer Converted to islam, pls wikipedia this

Busta Rhymes too: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e6f_1185815399

Some says Will Smith also converted and many many western celebrities...

Some others says they are skeptical about A Neils Armstrong on the moon and hearing the Adhan

so I can hardly believe this kind of Hoaxes.

Lady Diana was murdered by the System before she converted to Islam or at least give Children to Dody Al fayed??? A Son of Giovanni Agnelli the Owner of FIAT motors is believed to have Converted to Shia 12ers and was murdered Also.

what do we muslims earn from it in a general view? Celebrity of islam? Why we the muslims are so complexed by such celebrity fiction.

If Michael Converted that's good for him and he should have made it clear and public though we know the mainstream western medias will never allow any favorable propaganda for islam, but there is Al jazeera English.

Anyway if paul elliot is Interested, may Michael Stay forever in Christianity or Judaism, this has nothing useful or valuable for us the muslims and even the world, mainly for us Shia Twelvers. We are the friends of Any one Converting to islam in general not only focussing on Celebrities, that is the Western Materialistic frozen Mind taught by the Churches of christianity.

Michael was the king of POP we never earned anything from him, not any single compassion, if today he converts and still hiding his faith, we still earn nothing from him.

The same way We the African blacks will not earn anything from this Slave born black guy so called elected president of USA ( his father was sold with a Scholarship and brought to america, his father have not been in america as a free man by his own means). I have nothing to do with Ayman Al zawahiri and his Wahhabi-nasibi filth, But In his Infamous statement on Al Jazeera he said only one truth : OBAMA is A House Slave and is a Shame for me an African citizen, he is the Black mask where the zionists are hiding their mischievous felony.

Excuze for dancing from Michael Faith to Obama's Muslim faith. but all in all, we should not indulge in Clebrity or Number seeking theory to justify the superiority of Islam.

Islam of Ahl ul bayt's is The Right path for any sincere human being . let the deniers say whatever they want, just confront them with Qur'an and the Sunnat of holy prophet muhammad (pbuh) and his Ahl ul Bayt Masumeen ( as). we like it or we dislike it, Islam is the fatest growing Religion in the World. Western People are converting to islam and all over the world, day to day, thousands of people are converting to islam. But look at the Muslims and their actual Situation, it is a boat heavily loaded with Wood fire. Not only the boat is not manoeuvrable but in case of Fire, it will be consumed except the Shia twelvers. That is my proselitism opinion about Muslim Shia 12ers.

Maa Salaam

P.S for tose interested i can provide a list of Famous Converted muslims from Religious Scholars, Sports men, Politicians, Military Officers, Scientists ... but I don't think We can take it as a Pride of superiority, just a reality of Islam's truth.

Edited by mohalamine

he may say he has converted to islam but how many terrorists say they are muslims what do you think Allah swt sees them as surely he is the most just he would not see them as muslims what makes mj any different, this guy just wants attention and publicity or is realising that his life is finally coming towards an end with his skinny dead nose.

God bless Michael Jackson who gave us such songs as :

1 Man in the mirror

2 Heal the world

3 Who is it?

4 Will you be there?

5 Don't stop till you get enough!

6 She is out of my life

7 I can't stop loving you

8 Librarian girl

9 Billie Jean

10 Earth Song

11 Blood on the dance floor

12 Can you feel it?

13 U r not alone!

14 Stranger in Moscow

15 Dirty Diana!

16 Give in to me

17 They don't care about us!

Each time they make fun of Micko Jacko, i shed a tear like an indian, the red one.

naa no denying that songs like man in the mirror and heal the world, leave me alone, who is it,,they r piece of art. u guys ever heard , punjabi ppl mite understand " Nachan da chaj avay te o vi ibadat ae"

Edited by Sunain