Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
ahmetsecer

Darwinism: The Worst So-Called Scientific -1

Rate this topic

DARWINISM: THE WORST SO-CALLED SCIENTIFIC DECEPTION –1

Materialism and the various ideologies and movements stemming from it represent one of the worst forms of corruption opposed to religion in the present day. The idea that encapsulates all these and that is their supposed scientific starting point and foundation is Darwinism. Since it was first proposed, Darwinism has become the basis for materialist and anti-religious ideologies and movements, and has literally been turned into a religion by the supporters of such ideologies. The great Islamic scholar Bediuzzaman Said Nursi drew attention to the fact that Darwinism will become the religion of the Dajjal (the Antichrist) in the End Times in these words:

“An impious movement emerging from the philosophy of naturalism and materialism will spread and strengthen by way of philosophy during the End Times, even to the extent of claiming divinity.”

Described by Bediuzzaman as “an impious movement emerging from the philosophy of naturalism and materialism,” Darwinism is a teaching that ascribes an independent power to nature, that claims that all of life is the work of blind chance rather than being created, and that seeks to turn people away from belief in Allah (God). The Concise and Expounded al-Kutub as-Sitta(The Six Books), a collection of the hadith of our Prophet (saas) and interpretations thereof, provides the following clarification of the subject:

“The most evident and worst characteristic of the corruption caused by the Dajjal in the End Times is its hostility to religion. Various humanist views and values that will appear in the End Times will seek to replace religion. This new religion will base itself on denial in order to eliminate every kind of current divine dominion... This is an anti-religious faith whose basic deity will be a material and human.”[ii]

Darwinists have always tended to portray the theory of evolution as scientific. They maintain that life formed out of inanimate substances and developed by way of evolution, and that all species gradually descended from one another. However, Darwinism has never proven a single one of these stages, and is a system of belief nonetheless loudly heralded as scientific. According to Darwinism, “chance” is the great fictitious mechanism of this whole fictitious process. Chance is the false deity of Darwinism. And Darwinists imagine that this deity can do the impossible. According to Darwinists, this false deity produced a living cell from muddy water, turned fish into tigers and bears into whales, and created their lungs out of nothing. Again according to Darwinists, who assume that human beings are entities descended from apes, this false deity bestowed intelligence, memory and skills on human beings and created human consciousness, which cannot be replicated in any form, from nothing. So much so that in doing all these things, chance somehow manages to behave in a controlled, planned and rational manner and to immediately take precautionary measures when necessary. According to Darwin’s theory of evolution, chance is a false creator behaving intelligently and in a planned manner.

This heretical theory that deifies blind chance has somehow been imposed on vast masses of people through demagoguery and fraud. The reason for this is the Dajjal. The characteristics set out in many of the hadith concerning the Dajjal become crystal clear when considered in terms of an ideology. That is why all ideologies and systems of thought that make illogical and groundless claims, that lead people to denial and turn them away from religious moral values and that encourage conflict between people are all manifestations of the Dajjal. Darwinism is the main ideology adopting this system of Dajjal. Allah, our Lord, describes those who follow the heretical system of the Dajjal as follows in a verse from the Qur’an:

The evildoers are indeed misguided and insane. (Surat al-Qamar, 47)

Once again, I will remind that "Darwinism" is a cooked up term that has no relevance to modern evolutionary theory. Darwin was the latest over 100 years ago, but is no longer.

Second, materialism and naturalism represent one potential metaphysical basis on which you could try to build an evolutionary theory. But it is by no means impossible to see an evolutionary theory built on foundations compatible with religion. The Catholic leadership and Shia scholars such as Ayatullah Murtadha Mutahhari have written extensively acknowledging this.

Mr. Ahmetsecer: Let me ask you a question:

When are you going to break from this game of dropping off other people's thoughts and then flying off again without engaging meaningfully with the counterarguments?

Once again, I will remind that "Darwinism" is a cooked up term that has no relevance to modern evolutionary theory. Darwin was the latest over 100 years ago, but is no longer.

Second, materialism and naturalism represent one potential metaphysical basis on which you could try to build an evolutionary theory. But it is by no means impossible to see an evolutionary theory built on foundations compatible with religion. The Catholic leadership and Shia scholars such as Ayatullah Murtadha Mutahhari have written extensively acknowledging this.

i studied a lot of evolution and sociobiology in college. certain aspects of evolution are impossible to deny, namely genetic phenotypic variability and the natural selection that acts on that variability. the rest of the theory is quite compelling. to dismiss it outright makes us seem ignorant. i am interested to hear what mutahari says on the subject, could you point me in the right direction? thanks.

one question i have. adam and eve. is it possible that the human biology evolved to its current state and then at that point Allah gave our biology a human soul? so we wouldn't actually be human before that time, just human-like. without the soul we would still be animals. highly intelligent animals, given our brains, but still not human, given the lack of soul. does this contradict with what the quran says? do we have to believe there was no human-like creature prior to adam? could the time of adam a.s been a couple hundred thousand years ago? it seems like with knowledge and with religion, something that supposedly adam brought with him, with these things come civilization. the first evidences of civilization are Sumeria or the Indus river valley, but that was only like 5 or 6 thousand years b.c., so 8000 years ago. according to wiki, the dna evidence indicates human like creatures existed as long as 200,000 years ago. if that is true, how do we resolve this with adam a.s.?

I have to admit, it is encouraging to see so many Muslims shooting down lunatics who don't believe in evolution. In my experience, Christians are, on average, not as advanced. This is probably because the creation story in the Bible is so specific and therefore so difficult to consolidate with science.

In my experience, Christians are, on average, not as advanced. This is probably because the creation story in the Bible is so specific and therefore so difficult to consolidate with science.

I find it the other way around. Christians usually are more knowledgeable, but then I don't live in America, so all the Christians I know are well informed individuals. Catholics have it from the pope that evolution is probably true, and prods and CofE take most of the bible metaphorically anyway.

The majority of Muslims are happy with evolution too and this poll partly confirms it on this site. (hoping someone will bump my thread :))

Also welcome to the forum. You will enjoy talking to some of the people here. I often find myself in hysterics over what people manage to squeeze from their brains on to their keyboards on this site. I particularly enjoy the demon possession and dream interpreting :)

I find it the other way around. Christians usually are more knowledgeable, but then I don't live in America, so all the Christians I know are well informed individuals. Catholics have it from the pope that evolution is probably true, and prods and CofE take most of the bible metaphorically anyway.

This must be a poor reflection on America then because most American Christians do not believe in evolution:

44% of Americans do not people believe in evolution (they believe God created us in present form)

36% Believe in theistic evolution

14% Believe in naturalistic evolution

http://www.gallup.com/poll/21814/Evolution...ent-Design.aspx

Meaning: safely assuming most of those religious people in America are Christian, that means 44/(44+36) = 55% of them do not believe in evolution as of May 11th 2008.

I've encountered them on other forums, in my local newspaper's comment sections, and in person. It is incredibly frustrating. And as of 1990, Kansas was 89% Christian, so you can imagine my predicament.

http://www.adherents.com/adhloc/Wh_170.html#427

Most people here (in America) are what should be called fundamentalist Christians, meaning they take the Bible literally and they think God guides them and talks to them, often through the Bible.

Also welcome to the forum. You will enjoy talking to some of the people here. I often find myself in hysterics over what people manage to squeeze from their brains on to their keyboards on this site. I particularly enjoy the demon possession and dream interpreting :)

Thank you! I appreciate the welcome I've received so far and am generally impressed with the site and the people on it.

I'm curious about something about you in particular: it says "Permanently Banned" next to your name but I notice that you are still posting. How is that? Have I missed some kind of joke?

This must be a poor reflection on America then because most American Christians do not believe in evolution

The one fact that a four year old child living on the high altitude planes of Tibet, with no contact with the outside world could tell you. It gets too much media attention being the only country in the world where they take creationism seriously. If anyone in Europe was to think of a group of people that vehemently disbelieved in evolution, you would invariably get Americans.

I'm curious about something about you in particular: it says "Permanently Banned" next to your name but I notice that you are still posting. How is that? Have I missed some kind of joke?

You get to change what it says there to whatever you like after you post a few times....

It gets too much media attention being the only country in the world where they take creationism seriously.

I agree that American cultural issues in general shouldn't get so much press coverage but, you have to admit, it is a bit disconcerting to know that almost half of the people in a country controlling one of the most powerful military forces on Earth don't have good critical thinking and research skills.

Edited by Logos

one question i have. adam and eve. is it possible that the human biology evolved to its current state and then at that point Allah gave our biology a human soul? so we wouldn't actually be human before that time, just human-like. without the soul we would still be animals. highly intelligent animals, given our brains, but still not human, given the lack of soul. does this contradict with what the quran says? do we have to believe there was no human-like creature prior to adam? could the time of adam a.s been a couple hundred thousand years ago? it seems like with knowledge and with religion, something that supposedly adam brought with him, with these things come civilization. the first evidences of civilization are Sumeria or the Indus river valley, but that was only like 5 or 6 thousand years b.c., so 8000 years ago. according to wiki, the dna evidence indicates human like creatures existed as long as 200,000 years ago. if that is true, how do we resolve this with adam a.s.?

Brother/Sister Photi

From what I have come to accept is that the Quran does not talk specifically about dates of the Big Bang

or that of human existence

It does mention Adam and how he was formed by clay (however you would like to interpret that)

but turning from Clay into Adam could itself be an interpretation of evolution or in your staunch belief an indirect form of -natural selection

I believe the truth is somewhere to be found in that corner and i do not believe the Quran has certain limitations the bible has (for instance the hardheaded belief that the world is only a few millenia old) although many (failed) creationists have tried to prove it..

My bet is on intelligent design

In my honest opinion we need more scholars or biologists/zoologists that are like Lemaitre and his knowledge of physics and astronomy that accurately proved Einstein wrong when it came to the universe being ever expanding. They almost didn't take him seriously..because he was ofcourse a cleric However we simply do not have the scholars fit enough today to conduct such tests and engage in such intensive research in this field the same way lemaitre did.

Edited by Rubaiyat

These evolutionists.. who gave them the right to force feed evolution into our minds when we dont believe in it?

Who gave anyone the right to impose one's belief on others? There's no compulsion in religion and atheism.

"Evolutionists" do not force feed the theory of evolution to those who do not believe in it. The theory is simply put out in reading material and one can chose whether to accept or reject the idea, just as one choses to do with any religion. It is actually less force-fed than religion in my personal opinion.

The idea of evolution is also not the idea that everything happened by chance, as the poster of this forum wrote. Natural selection actually makes alot of sense when thought about from a logical standpoint and not a spiritual one. I'm not saying that it is completely correct, but it also cannot be dismissed as totally false. It should be a respected idea...a theory. Theories can be scrutinized, but please do not put false statements into the your critique.