Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
bakr_umar

Got the names of the Companions of the Imam Mahdi

Rate this topic

It seems you just rant but do not read posts. If you read his posts, he's an out and out salafi.

No wonder you have a common ground and can sympathise with him. InshaAllah, then you are raised with him on the Day of Judgement.

prove that he's a salafi and i'll rip him apart

i havent seen anything suggesting he's an impure salafi-mujassim la-een

so prove this before hyperventilating

Edited by reformer

I can't be bothered proving such nonsense to someone is already suffering from comprehension problems and considers Shaykh Kulayni as a mushrik, while a salafi, his dear brother.

. .and plus, if he's so dear to you, you can ask him directly.

Edited by SpIzo

I can't be bothered proving such nonsense to someone is already suffering from comprehension problems and considers Shaykh Kulayni as a mushrik, while a salafi, his dear brother.

u can't be bothered or you haven't got proofs that he's a salafi

i have never said sheikh kulaini is mushrik but he was wrong

No, but it looks like you missed yourself.

here's a small gesture for you sister spizo

wsjtoouhqi.jpg

i don't hate you but i want you to be saved and to be adherent to the true teachings of ahlbeit and not to fall prey for the ugly beliefs of ghulat

you are not very extreme like many members here so there's hope i might be able to help u see the light of ahlbeit

. .and plus, if he's so dear to you, you can ask him directly.

Well, I'm a Muslim who loves ahl albayt (and I don't say that to please you) and loves the companions. I think both are people who can make mistakes, but the good in them and the good they contributed to the world is so overwhelming that we can only respect them. I also think that we talk too much about the past and cry too much on spilled milk instead to building good schools for our children and invest in our future. What does that make me? I like to say it makes me a Muslim.

Well, I'm a Muslim who loves ahl albayt (and I don't say that to please you) and loves the companions. I think both are people who can make mistakes, but the good in them and the good they contributed to the world is so overwhelming that we can only respect them. I also think that we talk too much about the past and cry too much on spilled milk instead to building good schools for our children and invest in our future. What does that make me? I like to say it makes me a Muslim.

well-said brother

Allah knows that i love sunnis , i just hate the salafi-takfeeri scum but i have no beef with sunni brothers

is the ibn your fathers last name or yours?

Ibn and bin both mean 'son of' so what is after the word ibn or bin is their fathers name. The spelling of the word in Arabic changes depending on where it is in the sentence. If it's at the beginning, it's written as alef-ba-nun, which we transliterate as ibn. If the word appears in the middle of a name, the alef gets left off - we sometimes write that as bin. Hope this was helpful to you.

Ya Ali Madad

Edited by zainab_

brother snafial

imam al-hussein and ali and others are dead meaning they no longer belong to this world with its dimensions but belong to an other world with other dimensions where they are alive

in sunni hadith it is recorded :

After the battle of badr, the Prophet addressed the corpse of infidels and poked them with his stick (among them abu jahl). Hazrat Umar wondered about the ability of the dead to hear. The Prophet replied that the dead can hear better than the living.

Ibn al-Qayyim al-Jawziyya was quoted to have said said in Al-basa'ir li-munkiri't tawassuli bi-ahli'l-maqabir p 22 as having written in his Kitab ar-Ruh: "When someone visit a grave, the dead person in the grave recognizes the visitor and hears his voice. He becomes cheerful and responds to his greeting. This is not peculiar to martyrs; it is the same for other dead people, too. This is not restricted to a certain time, either; it is always as such.

It is written in the Sahihain of al-Bukhari and Muslim: "Allahu ta'ala sent all the prophets to our Prophet on the Miraj night. He became the imam, and they performed two rak'as of salat." The salat includes bowing (ruku') and prostration (sajda). And this shows that they performed salat corporally, with their bodies. Musa's (as) performing salat in his grave also indicates this

i can give you many hadiths from sunni books

Edited by reformer

brother snafial

imam al-hussein and ali and others are dead meaning they no longer belong to this world with its dimensions but belong to an other world with other dimensions where they are alive

in sunni hadith it is recorded :

After the battle of badr, the Prophet addressed the corpse of infidels and poked them with his stick (among them abu jahl). Hazrat Umar wondered about the ability of the dead to hear. The Prophet replied that the dead can hear better than the living.

Ibn al-Qayyim al-Jawziyya was quoted to have said said in Al-basa'ir li-munkiri't tawassuli bi-ahli'l-maqabir p 22 as having written in his Kitab ar-Ruh: "When someone visit a grave, the dead person in the grave recognizes the visitor and hears his voice. He becomes cheerful and responds to his greeting. This is not peculiar to martyrs; it is the same for other dead people, too. This is not restricted to a certain time, either; it is always as such.

It is written in the Sahihain of al-Bukhari and Muslim: "Allahu ta'ala sent all the prophets to our Prophet on the Miraj night. He became the imam, and they performed two rak'as of salat." The salat includes bowing (ruku') and prostration (sajda). And this shows that they performed salat corporally, with their bodies. Musa's (as) performing salat in his grave also indicates this

i can give you many hadiths from sunni books

I was wondering for a while about what your problem is. I just found out your problem. You have base Aqaid and from there you don't want to grow. We shias do not think that Ahle bayth have Ilme ghayb independent of themselves. Allah swt let's them a.s. know what they want to know. He swt is their teacher and protector.

So, what is the problem in that dude.

You know what Imam Sadiq a.s. said: Do not argue much with our enemies who are ignorant. If you do so, you will become more ignorant than them.

Ya Ali Madad

I was wondering for a while about what your problem is. I just found out your problem. You have base Aqaid and from there you don't want to grow. We shias do not think that Ahle bayth have Ilme ghayb independent of themselves. Allah swt let's them a.s. know what they want to know. He swt is their teacher and protector.

So, what is the problem in that dude.

You know what Imam Sadiq a.s. said: Do not argue much with our enemies who are ignorant. If you do so, you will become more ignorant than them.

Ya Ali Madad

If that is the case, Do you think that all of the ancestors of the Imams were perfect, or were they just pious muslims? If they were just pious muslims why did their offsripgs became perfect? (I'm talking about the Imams, because the Prophet (pbuh) is, well, A Prophet)

Edited by snafial

If that is the case, Do you think that all of the ancestors of the Imams were perfect, or were they just pious muslims? If they were just pious muslims why did their offsripgs became perfect? (I'm talking about the Imams, because the Prophet (pbuh) is, well, A Prophet)

Salam

Is prophet not an imam, e.g., ibrahim a.s.

Did rasoolallah saww not say that Ali and myself are from the same noor.

Did Allah not say in Quran that ahlulbayth are pure

According to my belief. Masoom are only 14. The father of rasool Allah or imam Ali were not masoom but from the best tribe of Arab and these were the people who were selected by Allah for the cause of establishing the religion through mohammad saw and protecting it through Ali a.s.

Remember, ibrahim a.s prayed to Allah swt for imamat in his family.

There are many instances to prove it however you are here not to learn and accept but to find fault with others and laugh on them. Sometimes, you guys do a lot of favour, you present ahadith from our imams which we did not know. I thank u for that.

And don't be jealous and do not let your ego overpower you because our imams can be your imams as I know that life without an imam is like herd without a sheperd.

Ya Ali

Edited by siraatoaliyinhaqqun

According to us Shi'as, Ali [as]'s father was a wasi.

CHAPTER 40

THE BELIEF CONCERNING THE ANCESTORS OF THE PROPHET

Says the Shaykh Abu Ja'far: Our belief concerning them is that they were believers (muslimun) from Adam down to Abdu'l-lah, his (Prophet's) father, peace be on him, and that Abu Talib and the Prophet's mother Amina bint Wahb were Muslims.

And the Prophet, on whom be blessings and peace said: I am derived from (the bonds of) matrimony and not from any unlawful union (sifah), from Adam downwards.

And it is related that 'Abdu'l-Muttalib, peace be on him, was a hujjat and Abu Talib was his wasi.

http://www.sicm.org.uk/index.php?page=suduk/Suduk40

siraatoaliyinhaqqun:

Remember, ibrahim a.s prayed to Allah swt for imamat in his family.

I know that Ibrahim (pbuh) prayed to Allah for imamat in his family, but I also know that his prayers were answered in verse (2:124): “And (remember) when his Lord tried Abraham with (His) commands, and he fulfilled them, He said: Lo! I have appointed thee an imam for mankind. (Abraham) said: And of my offspring (will there be imams)? He said: My covenant includeth not wrong-doers.” Can you explain to me this verse, even though I think it is self-explanatory?

I honestly do not want to offend you, but some aspects of the traditions must be rethought so that we can stand on a more common ground. What do you think?

Whizbee:

According to us Shi'as, Ali [as]'s father was a wasi.

CHAPTER 40

THE BELIEF CONCERNING THE ANCESTORS OF THE PROPHET

Says the Shaykh Abu Ja'far: Our belief concerning them is that they were believers (muslimun) from Adam down to Abdu'l-lah, his (Prophet's) father, peace be on him, and that Abu Talib and the Prophet's mother Amina bint Wahb were Muslims.

And the Prophet, on whom be blessings and peace said: I am derived from (the bonds of) matrimony and not from any unlawful union (sifah), from Adam downwards.

And it is related that 'Abdu'l-Muttalib, peace be on him, was a hujjat and Abu Talib was his wasi.

http://www.sicm.org.uk/index.php?page=suduk/Suduk40

From your explanation, is it fair to say that all of the ancestors of the Imams are believers?

Edited by snafial

siraatoaliyinhaqqun:

I know that Ibrahim (pbuh) prayed to Allah for imamat in his family, but I also know that his prayers were answered in verse (2:124): “And (remember) when his Lord tried Abraham with (His) commands, and he fulfilled them, He said: Lo! I have appointed thee an imam for mankind. (Abraham) said: And of my offspring (will there be imams)? He said: My covenant includeth not wrong-doers.” Can you explain to me this verse, even though I think it is self-explanatory?

I honestly do not want to offend you, but some aspects of the traditions must be rethought so that we can stand on a more common ground. What do you think?

Whizbee:

From your explanation, is it fair to say that all of the ancestors of the Imams are believers?

Allah appointed Abraham as an imam for mankind and promised imama in his offspring and the convenant of Allah is not for wrong doers because we call imam as imam al mutaqeen, and therby any wrongdoer whether sunni, Shia, Christian or whoever will not have Ali and his sons as imams.

Ya Ali madad

The ancestors of Ali [as] also happen to be the ancestors of the Prophet [saw].

So you answer my Q.

Is it fair to say that all of the ancestors of the Prophet [saw] were not believers?

The ancestors of Ali [as] also happen to be the ancestors of the Prophet [saw].

So you answer my Q.

Is it fair to say that all of the ancestors of the Prophet [saw] were not believers?

I don't know why you don't wanna give me a straight answer, but I think I can safely say that your answer is yes. Can you give me the name of the grandfather of Imam Jaafar's mother?

I don't know why you don't wanna give me a straight answer, but I think I can safely say that your answer is yes. Can you give me the name of the grandfather of Imam Jaafar's mother?

Prophet (SAW) said (excerpt):

O Ali! Allah has chosen us and has made our birth clean. From the time of Adam,

all of our fathers and mothers were conceived legitimately. Only those who are

conceived legitimately love us.

Source: Amaali of Saduq, p301; Beshart al-Mustafa, ch2, h39

Oh dear u have seriously misinterpreted the ayat. It is talking about convenant not being on wrong doers and it is about followers and not ancestors of imams or rasoolallah.

I invite you towards wilayah of Ali Ibne abu talib a.s. If you are not interested then please do not bother us and we have no unity with wrongdoers.

Ya Ali madad

Allah appointed Abraham as an imam for mankind and promised imama in his offspring and the convenant of Allah is not for wrong doers because we call imam as imam al mutaqeen, and therby any wrongdoer whether sunni, Shia, Christian or whoever will not have Ali and his sons as imams.

Ya Ali madad

You twisted the meaning of the ayah. Please, be objective! Where does Allah mention the followers of Imams in the ayah, the ayah addresses two parties: Abraham and his offspring. I don’t disagree that Allah answered his prayers in (29:27): “And We bestowed on him (Abraham) Isaac and Jacob, and We established the prophethood and the Scripture among his seed, and We gave him his reward in the world, and lo! in the Hereafter he verily is among the righteous.” I mention this to be fair to you.

Back to (2:124), is your explanation from your head or do you have credible tafseers backing your explanation? Let me give what two major Sunni tafseers say (Ibn Katheer and Al-Jalailain). They agree with my response, and Ibn Katheer does mention Ayah (29:27), hopefully this tells you something about our integrity. Plus, they both explain that those from the offspring of Abraham (pbuh) who are Dhalemeen are not going to be Imams (btw Imams in the ayah is not the shia concept of Imams). Proof? Well, I think you can get the proof from many apects:

1) My previous question: “Can you give me the name of the grandfather of Imam Jaafar's mother?” I have a feeling that no one will answer this question, so let me give you the answer, Abu Bakr (ra). No comment.

2) If the Imams have ancestors who are believers from the time of Adam (alaih alsalam), how do you explain these verses: (6:74): “(Remember) when Abraham said unto his father Azar: Takest thou idols for gods? Lo! I see thee and thy folk in error manifest.” And verse (9:114): “The prayer of Abraham for the forgiveness of his father was only because of a promise he had promised him, but when it had become clear unto him that he (his father) was an enemy to Allah he (Abraham) disowned him. Lo! Abraham was soft of heart, long-suffering.”

If you tell me that when Allah says Father he really means uncle, then give me one place where father is used to refer to uncle in Quran.

You twisted the meaning of the ayah. Please, be objective! Where does Allah mention the followers of Imams in the ayah, the ayah addresses two parties: Abraham and his offspring. I don’t disagree that Allah answered his prayers in (29:27): “And We bestowed on him (Abraham) Isaac and Jacob, and We established the prophethood and the Scripture among his seed, and We gave him his reward in the world, and lo! in the Hereafter he verily is among the righteous.” I mention this to be fair to you.

Back to (2:124), is your explanation from your head or do you have credible tafseers backing your explanation? Let me give what two major Sunni tafseers say (Ibn Katheer and Al-Jalailain). They agree with my response, and Ibn Katheer does mention Ayah (29:27), hopefully this tells you something about our integrity. Plus, they both explain that those from the offspring of Abraham (pbuh) who are Dhalemeen are not going to be Imams (btw Imams in the ayah is not the shia concept of Imams). Proof? Well, I think you can get the proof from many apects:

1) My previous question: “Can you give me the name of the grandfather of Imam Jaafar's mother?” I have a feeling that no one will answer this question, so let me give you the answer, Abu Bakr (ra). No comment.

2) If the Imams have ancestors who are believers from the time of Adam (alaih alsalam), how do you explain these verses: (6:74): “(Remember) when Abraham said unto his father Azar: Takest thou idols for gods? Lo! I see thee and thy folk in error manifest.” And verse (9:114): “The prayer of Abraham for the forgiveness of his father was only because of a promise he had promised him, but when it had become clear unto him that he (his father) was an enemy to Allah he (Abraham) disowned him. Lo! Abraham was soft of heart, long-suffering.”

If you tell me that when Allah says Father he really means uncle, then give me one place where father is used to refer to uncle in Quran.

Nice try.....research before you challenge next time:

Ãóãú ßõäÊõãú ÔõåóÏóÇÁ ÅöÐú ÍóÖóÑó íóÚúÞõæÈó ÇáúãóæúÊõ ÅöÐú ÞóÇáó áöÈóäöíåö ãóÇ ÊóÚúÈõÏõæäó ãöä ÈóÚúÏöí ÞóÇáõæÇú äóÚúÈõÏõ ÅöáóÜåóßó æóÅöáóÜåó ÂÈóÇÆößó ÅöÈúÑóÇåöíãó æóÅöÓúãóÇÚöíáó æóÅöÓúÍóÇÞó ÅöáóÜåðÇ æóÇÍöÏðÇ æóäóÍúäõ áóåõ ãõÓúáöãõæäó {133}

[shakir 2:133] Nay! were you witnesses when death visited Yaqoub, when he said to his sons: What will you serve after me? They said: We will serve your god and the god of your fathers, Ibrahim and Ismail and Ishaq, one Allah only, and to Him do we submit.

[Pooya/Ali Commentary 2:133]

1t should be noted that Ismail, who was a paternal uncle of Yaqub, has been cited as the father of the descendants of Yaqub, and also in the following verses:

Ali Imran :84

Nisa: 163

An-am: 85 to 88

Sad : 45 to 48

It is evident that people used to address a paternal uncle as father. In the same way Ibrahim had addressed Azar, his uncle, as father.

The message of Allah, Islam,. is continuous, for all times.

http://www.al-islam.org/Quran/

Nice try.....research before you challenge next time:

Ãóãú ßõäÊõãú ÔõåóÏóÇÁ ÅöÐú ÍóÖóÑó íóÚúÞõæÈó ÇáúãóæúÊõ ÅöÐú ÞóÇáó áöÈóäöíåö ãóÇ ÊóÚúÈõÏõæäó ãöä ÈóÚúÏöí ÞóÇáõæÇú äóÚúÈõÏõ ÅöáóÜåóßó æóÅöáóÜåó ÂÈóÇÆößó ÅöÈúÑóÇåöíãó æóÅöÓúãóÇÚöíáó æóÅöÓúÍóÇÞó ÅöáóÜåðÇ æóÇÍöÏðÇ æóäóÍúäõ áóåõ ãõÓúáöãõæäó {133}

[shakir 2:133] Nay! were you witnesses when death visited Yaqoub, when he said to his sons: What will you serve after me? They said: We will serve your god and the god of your fathers, Ibrahim and Ismail and Ishaq, one Allah only, and to Him do we submit.

[Pooya/Ali Commentary 2:133]

1t should be noted that Ismail, who was a paternal uncle of Yaqub, has been cited as the father of the descendants of Yaqub, and also in the following verses:

Ali Imran :84

Nisa: 163

An-am: 85 to 88

Sad : 45 to 48

It is evident that people used to address a paternal uncle as father. In the same way Ibrahim had addressed Azar, his uncle, as father.

The message of Allah, Islam,. is continuous, for all times.

http://www.al-islam.org/Quran/

Well, nice try, too. In Arabic: every word is taken into its default meaning unless there is what proves otherwise (the case with the ayah you pasted), we call that in Arabic (qareenah). For the father of Abraham (pbuh) that qareenah is not available, so we take the default meaning. Keep in mind that the verses mentioning Abraham (pbuh) calling his father (ya abate) are many [(6:74), (9:114), (19:42), (21:52), (26:70), (37:85), (43:26)]. So, you have to give me the qareenah; otherwise, you can manipulate the Quran whichever way you want.

But, you know what. You don’t have to worry yourself with all that. Let’s talk about Abu Bakr (ra) being the grandfather of Imam Jaafer’s mother. What do you think about that?

Edited by snafial

Well, nice try, too. In Arabic: every word is taken into its default meaning unless there is what proves otherwise (the case with the ayah you pasted), we call that in Arabic (qareenah). For the father of Abraham (pbuh) that qareenah is not available, so we take the default meaning. Keep in mind that the verses mentioning Abraham (pbuh) calling his father (ya abate) are many [(6:74), (9:114), (19:42), (21:52), (26:70), (37:85), (43:26)]. So, you have to give me the qareenah; otherwise, you can manipulate the Quran whichever way you want.

But, you know what. You don’t have to worry yourself with all that. Let’s talk about Abu Bakr (ra) being the grandfather of Imam Jaafer’s mother. What do you think about that?

Salam

According to Allah swt the family runs through a father and we know who the father of imam sadiq a.s. Was. Their birth cannot be compared to other peoples birth because they belong to the family of rasoolallah saww.

When it comes to humanbeings like us: it is Allah swt's mashiyath that a momin can be born from a kafir and a kafir can be born from a momin.

E.g of first would be mohammad ibne abubakar.

I don't normally debate with Sunnis and I don't want to debate with you because you have clear agendas that you are not here to learn but to argue.

Being a Shia is not easy and to be a shia there should be will of Allah swt that someone becomes a Shia.

May Allah swt guide you

Salam

According to Allah swt the family runs through a father and we know who the father of imam sadiq a.s. Was. Their birth cannot be compared to other peoples birth because they belong to the family of rasoolallah saww.

When it comes to humanbeings like us: it is Allah swt's mashiyath that a momin can be born from a kafir and a kafir can be born from a momin.

I don't normally debate with Sunnis and I don't want to debate with you because you have clear agendas that you are not here to learn but to argue.

Being a Shia is not easy and to be a shia there should be will of Allah swt that someone becomes a Shia.

May Allah swt guide you

According to Allah swt the family runs through a father

According to Allah is a big word man, are up to it? Plus, Imams are connected to the prophet (pbuh) only through Fatima (ra), by saying that the mother isn't important, you are obliterating one of the Pillars in Shiasm. So again, do not manipulate rules to fit your ideas, manipulate your ideas to fit the rules.

Being a Shia is not easy

With all due respect, I totally agree. But isn't Islam a mercy from Allah, if you think so, why that mercy is not easy? Please, stop listening to your mullas' saying that you are too stupid to understand your religion.

Did Ali (ra) make Bayia to a Kafir? Do you see why being a Shia is not easy? because you have to believe that you are better than the Imams.

Edited by snafial

According to Allah is a big word man, are up to it? Plus, Imams are connected to the prophet (pbuh) only through Fatima (ra) , by saying that the mother isn't important, you are obliterating one of the Pillars in Shiasm. So again, do not manipulate rules to fit your ideas, manipulate your ideas to fit the rules.

With all due respect, I totally agree. But isn't Islam a mercy from Allah, if you think so, why that mercy is not easy? Please, stop listening to your mullas' saying that you are too stupid to understand your religion.

Did Ali (ra) make Bayia to a Kafir? Do you see why being a Shia is not easy? because you have to believe that you are better than the Imams.

Some people can never accept Haqq. I am not in a position to argue with you. Impure people cannot accept ahlulbayth and cannot understand Quran or Ahadith from Mohammad wa Aale Mohammad.

If you are here to learn then be humble and if you are here to argue, argue with someone else because my time is precious to be wasted on lovers of Abubakar and Umar.

Ya Ali Madad

Edited by siraatoaliyinhaqqun

^That's true.

Ja‘far al-Ju‘afī narrates from al-Imam al-Bāqir (a): “The Mahdī will rise up…along with 313 men and fifty women without any previous arrangement among themselves, like separate clouds clustering in the sky, one after another. This is the meaning of the verse where God says, ‘Wherever you may be, God will gather you together. God is capable of all things.’ (Quran, 2:128). They will pledge their allegiance to the Mahdī between the Black Stone and the Station of Abraham, and the Mahdī will rise up with them from Mecca.â€�

-Bihar al-Anwar, Volume 52, Page 223

Imām al-Bāqir (‘a) said: “By God, three thousand or so will come and there will be also fifty women from among them.

-‘Ayyāshī, Tafsīr ‘Ayyāshī, vol. 1, p. 65; Nu‘mānī, Ghaybah, p. 279.

Well, nice try, too. In Arabic: every word is taken into its default meaning unless there is what proves otherwise (the case with the ayah you pasted), we call that in Arabic (qareenah). For the father of Abraham pbuh.gif that qareenah is not available, so we take the default meaning. Keep in mind that the verses mentioning Abraham pbuh.gif calling his father (ya abate) are many [(6:74), (9:114), (19:42), (21:52), (26:70), (37:85), (43:26)]. So, you have to give me the qareenah; otherwise, you can manipulate the Quran whichever way you want.

Ayatollah Jawadi Amoli {hA} :

åá ßÇä æÇáÏ ÇáäÈí ÅÈÑÇåíã (Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã) ãæÍÏÇð¿

Åä ÚäæÇä «ÇáÃÈ» ßãÇ íØáÞ Úáì ÇáÃÈ ÝÅäå íØáÞ Úáì ÛíÑå ßÇáÚãø ÃíÖÇð¡ æ åÐÇ åæ ãäÔà ÇáÊÑÏíÏ Ýí ÞÖíÉ ÇáäÈí ÅÈÑÇåíã ãä Ãä ÃÈæå åá ßÇä ÂÒÑ ÚÇÈÏ ÇáæËä Ãã áÇ. ÝÇáÐí íÙåÑ ãä ÇáÂíÉ

«æ ÅÐ ÞÇá ÅÈÑÇåíã áÃÈíå ÂÒÑ ÃÊÊÎÐ ÃÕäÇãÇð ÂáåÉ»(1)¡ æ ÇáÂíÇÊ 42 ãä ÓæÑÉ ãÑíã¡ æ 52 ãä ÓæÑÉ ÇáÃäÈíÇÁ¡ æ 70 ãä ÓæÑÉ ÇáÔÚÑÇÁ¡ æ 85 ãä ÓæÑÉ ÇáÕÇÝÇÊ¡ æ 26 ãä ÓæÑÉ ÇáÒÎÑÝ¡ æ 114 ãä ÓæÑÉ ÇáÊæÈÉ æ ÛíÑåÇ¡ Ãä ÃÈÇ ÇáäÈí ÅÈÑÇåíã áã íßä ãæÍÏÇðº ÃãÇ Ãä åÐÇ ÇáÃÈ åá åæ äÝÓ ÇáæÇáÏ Ãã ÛíÑå¡ æåá Ãä æÇáÏ ÇáäÈí ÅÈÑÇåíã åá ßÇä ãæÍÏÇð Ãã áÇ¡ ÝáÇ íãßä ÇÓÊÙåÇÑ Ãí æÇÍÏ ãä åÐíä ÇáãØáÈíä ãä ÇáÂíÇÊ ÇáãÔÊãáÉ Úáì ÚäæÇä «ÇáÃÈ»º æ áßä íãßä ÇÓÊäÈÇØ ßáÇ ÇáãØáÈíä ãä ÂíÉ ÃÎÑì ãÊÖãäÉ áßáãÉ ÇáæÇáÏ áÇ ßáãÉ «ÇáÃÈ»º Ýíãßä ãÚÑÝÉ Ãä ÂÒÑ ÚÇÈÏ ÇáæËä áã íßä æÇáÏ ÇáäÈí ÅÈÑÇåíã¡ æ Ãä ÇáÔÎÕ ÇáÂÎÑ ÇáÐí åæ æÇáÏ ÇáäÈí ÅÈÑÇåíã æ ÇáÐí áã íÐßÑ ÇÓãå Ýí ÇáÞÑÂä¡ ßÇä ãæÍÏÇð¡ áÇ ãÔÑßÇðº ÝÞÏ ÞÇá Çááå:

Ã- «æ ãÇ ßÇä ááäÈí æ ÇáÐíä ÂãäæÇ Ãä íÓÊÛÝÑæÇ ááãÔÑßíä æ áæ ßÇäæÇ Ãæáí ÞÑÈì»(2).

È- «æ ãÇ ßÇä ÇÓÊÛÝÇÑ ÅÈÑÇåíã áÃÈíå ÅáÇ Úä ãæÚÏÉ æÚÏåÇ ÅíÇå ÝáãÇ ÊÈíøä áå Ãäå ÚÏæ ááå ÊÈÑà ãäå»(3)¡ Ãí áã íÓÊÛÝÑ áå ÈÚÏ Ðáß.

Ì- ÞÇá ÇáäÈí ÅÈÑÇåíã (Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã) Ýí ÏÚÇÁ áå Ýí ÚåÏ ÇáßÈÑ æ Ýí ÃæÇÎÑ ÍíÇÊå: «ÑÈäÇ ÇÛÝÑ áí æ áæÇáÏíø æ ááãÄãäíä íæã íÞæã ÇáÍÓÇÈ»(4).

ãä åäÇ íãßä ÇÓÊäÈÇØ ÇáãØáÈíä ÇáãÔÇÑ ÅáíåãÇ: ÃÍÏåãÇ åæ Ãä ÂÒÑ ÚÇÈÏ ÇáæËä áã íßä æÇáÏ ÇáäÈí ÅÈÑÇåí㺠áÃäå ÊÈÑà ãä ÂÒÑ ÈÚÏ Ãä ÊÈíä áå ÔÑßå æ ÚÏÇÄå ãÚ Çááå¡ æ áã íÓÊÛÝÑ áå ÈÚÏ ÐÇß¡ æ ÇáãØáÈ ÇáÂÎÑ Ãäå ÇÓÊÛÝÑ áæÇáÏíå Ýí ÚåÏ ÇáßÈÑ¡ ÝíÙåÑ ÃäåãÇ ßÇäÇ íÓÊÍÞÇä ÇáÇÓÊÛÝÇѺ Ãí ßÇäÇ ßÓÇÆÑ ÇáãÄãäíä ãä Ãåá ÇáÅíãÇä áÇ ãä Ãåá ÇáÔÑß.

1- ÓæÑÉ ÇáÃäÚÇã¡ ÇáÂíÉ 74.

2- ÓæÑÉ ÇáÊæÈÉ¡ ÇáÂíÉ 113.

3- ÓæÑÉ ÇáÊæÈÉ¡ ÇáÂíÉ 114.

4- ÓæÑÉ ÅÈÑÇåíã¡ ÇáÂíÉ 41.

ÊÓäíã (ÇáÊÓäíã)¡ Ì 1¡ Õ 117.

http://arabic.esraco.net/main.asp

Translation:

Question: Was the father of Prophet Abraham [as] a monotheist?

The word ‘Ab’ can refer to the biological father as well as to the uncle or others. In the case of Prophet Abraham the question is whether Azar the idol worshipper was his biological father or not? What is apparent from the verse [6:74] ‘And when Abraham said to his Ab (father) do you take idols for gods?’ and verses 19:42, 21:52, 26:70, 37:85, 43:26, 9:114 and others is that the ‘Ab’ of Abraham [as] was not a monotheist. However it is unclear from these verses whether the ‘Ab’ was his actual biological father or someone else, and whether the biological father of Abraham was a monotheist or not. We are unable to come to any one of these conclusions from these verses that use the word ‘Ab’, but we are able to use another verse that uses the word ‘walid’ (biological father) instead of ‘Ab’ {which is a more general term} to give us the answers. From this verse (that uses walid) we come to know that Azar the idol worshipper was not the biological father of Prophet Abraham [as] but someone else who was a monotheist but whose name hasn’t been mentioned in the Qur’an. Allah swt has said:

(i)
[9:113]
It is not (fit) for the Prophet and those who believe that they should ask forgiveness for the polytheists
, even though they should be near relatives, after it has become clear to them that they are inmates of the flaming fire.

(ii)
[9:114] And Ibrahim asking forgiveness for his Ab was only owing to a promise which he had made to him;
but when it became clear to him that he was an enemy of
Allah
, he declared himself to be clear of him
; most surely Ibrahim was very tender-hearted forbearing.

(iii) Prophet Abraham [as] supplicated to
Allah
in his old age
saying
[14:41] Our Lord! Forgive me
and my parents
and believers on the day when the account is cast.

From these verses we can conclude two things. Firstly, Azar the idol worshipper was not the biological father of Prophet Abraham [as] as he 'declared himself to be clear of him' once it became evident that he was a polytheist and enemy of Allah swt, and he never asked forgiveness for him after that. Secondly, he sought forgiveness for his parents (walidaya) when he was an old man*, showing that they were worthy of forgiveness, i.e. they were believers and not polytheists.

--------------------

*We know that the prayer for forgiveness of his parents in 14:41 was said in Nabi Ibrahim's [a] old age because he prays for his sons as well, and he had these sons when he was an old man. This is the whole passage:

[14:39] Praise be to Allah, Who has given me in old age Ismail and Ishaq; most surely my Lord is the Hearer of prayer:

[14:40] My Lord! make me keep up prayer and from my offspring, O our Lord, and accept my prayer

[14:41] Our Lord! Forgive me and my parents and believers on the day when the account is cast

Edited by .InshAllah.

Salaam Aleikum,

Thank you .InshAllah. about this clarity of Abraham ‘Ab’ meaning. It was in Oct 22 2007 when i talked about this issue but didnt get answer, but now with patience i now understand the meaning of this verse :) .

There were some Sunni hadith says about the Real name of Abraham Father which is Tarakh:

Ibrahim ( as ) was the son of Tarakh. When Tarakh was 75 years of

age, Ibrahim ( as ) was born to him.

Sunni reference: al-Bidaya wan Nahaya, by Ibn Katheer, v 1 p 139

But the problem is that if we read what Bible and OT says, we can clearly get their viewpoint of what Did Tarakh believed.

"The Book of Joshua reports that Terah worshipped other gods. (Josh. 24:2."

Jewish Tradition

The Midrash regards Terah as wicked. (E.g., Numbers Rabbah 19:1; 19:33.) Rabbi Hiyya said that Terah manufactured idols and told the following account: Terah once went away and left Abraham to mind the store. A woman came with a plateful of flour and asked Abraham to offer it to the idols. Abraham took a stick, broke the idols, and put the stick in the largest idol’s hand. When Terah returned, he demanded that Abraham explain what he had done. Abraham told Terah that the idols fought among themselves and the largest broke the others with the stick. “Why do you make sport of me?” Terah cried, “Do they have any knowledge?” Abraham replied, “Listen to what you are saying!” Terah then delivered Abraham to King Nimrod for punishment. (Genesis Rabbah 38:13.) The Zohar says that when God saved Abraham from the furnace, Terah repented. (Zohar, Bere[Edited Out] 1:77b.) Rabbi Abba b. Kahana said that God assured Abraham that his father Terah had a portion in the World to Come. (Genesis Rabbah 30:4; 30:12.)

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terah

Edited by Zufa

In the book 'Ethos of the Prophets from Adam to khaatam' by Taaj Langroodi [published by Ansariyan], the father of Prophet Ibrahim (a) is given as Tarih, son of Nahur, son of Sharugh, son of Arghu, son of Faligh, son of Abir, son of Shalikh, son of Kenan, son of Arfkhshath, son of Sam, son of Noah.

It is also written that when Prophet Ibrahim (a) was expelled by Namrud, he (a) took along with him, his wife Sarah, his cousin Lut (a) and his father, Tarih and from Babylon, they settled in Haram in north-east Al-Jazeera.

Under Prophet Lut (a), it's given that he was the son of Harem, son of Tarih and was thus the nephew of Prophet Ibrahim (a).