Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
satyaban

Election in USA

Rate this topic

I started a thread about the US election dripping with sarcasm but I would like to keep this one serious and mature. I will need you all’s help to do this. So how about answering some questions for me:

1. Why did so many citizens participate or did they?

2. Why was there no rioting by the crowds who showed up in huge numbers?

3. Why didn’t undercover police and others attempt to disperse the large crowds who were in opposition to the present gov’t, who are Republicans?

4. Why were there no assassinations or cars blown up to kill key members of the opposition?

So many people on this site criticize our democracy blah blab blah when we have transitions of power without people being murdered for their ideas or assassinated because they are women, jailed for rocking the boat (fitna) or person’s not being allowed to run by a group of unelected mullahs, which is bogus democracy.

So why is the US different?

Peace

Satyaban

Democracy does not belong to the US and the US is not the best democracy. For all the good points advocates of this idea point out, in reality, and the US is a case in point, there are many bad points that are fatally contradictory to the very ideals a utopian democracy seems to stand for.

Another point...the very fact that you make your comparison of US democracy with autocratic and theocratic socieites is an indicament of the thinking of advocates of US style democracy and shows their limited understanding of this concept and their appreciation of what it is.

If you prefer a to overlook the fatal flaws in the US system then, in answer to your rhetorical enquiry: Yes, November the 4th, 2008 was a momentus occasion. But more discerning observers would have noted that in fact, it was and will be more of the same.

Edited by Ali86

As Jerry Springer, a successful Jewish entertainer, has said; each presidential election is kind of a referendum on the current government. Thus, this election was a referendum on Mr. Bush's. The people voted because they were desperate for anything different, even if they didn't know or could not be sure exactly what.

The American people are a little docile when it comes to standing up for their rights. How else can subsequent administrations get away with the ridiculous and detailed taxation programs with very limited benefits? In many other countries, they have a culture of coming to the streets, if need be, to protest.

3. Why didn’t undercover police and others attempt to disperse the large crowds who were in opposition to the present gov’t, who are Republicans?

Because they control through media, not undercover police generally. However, the Democrats do use agencies like the IRS almost like the Soviet Union used the KGB. They sent the IRS after personalities like Joe the Plumber and Bill O'Reilly, etc.

4. Why were there no assassinations or cars blown up to kill key members of the opposition?

They are more civilized. They used character assassination, defamation and slander through various media outlets.

So many people on this site criticize our democracy blah blab blah when we have transitions of power without people being murdered for their ideas or assassinated because they are women, jailed for rocking the boat (fitna) or person’s not being allowed to run by a group of unelected mullahs, which is bogus democracy. So why is the US different?

Well, maybe an Iranian can answer that.

(salam)

It is always good when people participate in the political system. This election was historic not only for the USA, but for ppl all over the world.

I am glad that we did not see the repeat of 2000 election with Florida like recount or massive voter fraud like the 2004.

More power to the people. Our only hope is that Obama will not disappoint us like President Bush Jr.

Edited by Zareen

I started a thread about the US election dripping with sarcasm but I would like to keep this one serious and mature. I will need you all’s help to do this. So how about answering some questions for me:

So many people on this site criticize our democracy blah blab blah when we have transitions of power without people being murdered for their ideas or assassinated because they are women, jailed for rocking the boat (fitna) or person’s not being allowed to run by a group of unelected mullahs, which is bogus democracy.

So why is the US different?

Peace

Satyaban

The orientalist mentality (and I mean that in the most negative connotation) of your posts always brings a smile to my face. Ignorance is always comical.

A translation of the message Satyaban is trying to give the members of the forum: He is telling you that America's society and political system are better than yours, and he is citing this election as proof of this. He is telling you that you, the backwards Muslims, kill each other and fight amongst yourselves, while Americans know how to have elections with acceptable voter turnouts without much incident.

However, it seems that Satyaban has forgotten a few small details. Talking to some Americans, you would get the impression that they think they are the only country in the world that has elections, or females as candidates, or blacks as elected heads of state. News flash: it isn't. There are countries in the world who are centuries ahead of America in this regard -- but for some reason, when America gets around to it, it suddenly becomes "historic". And those who don't suffer from these delusions still conveniently forget to realize that many times, in the countries (specifically the Middle East, in regimes such as Sauid Arabia, Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Kuwait, Bahrain, Iraq, Lebanon, etc) where police do disperse large crowds to intimidate the populace, or where opposition members are assassinated and threatened (and imprisoned and tortured), many times it is done with clear US (and Israeli) backing of the regimes that engage in these practices.

America manages to have elections under circumstances where no one in the world is capable of interfering in its internal affairs, and yet America entitles itself to interfere in everyone's affairs -- often with the aid of its military force and the taxes of its people. You want to show off? Try holding elections without incident while the superpower of the world is doing everything in its power to derail a free democratic process and support those it calls "moderates" (who are usually the worst of criminals).

Is the US really different? No, there is nothing intrinsically different or unique or special inherently ingrained in Americans that is lacking in anyone else around the world. What does distinguish the US, however, is its hypocrisy. It claims to support freedom and derails it. It claims to support democracy and undermines it. It claims to support elections and opposes them.

But that isn't what Satyaban wants to hear. He wants to hear the usual praise of Uncle Sam that comes from the slave-minded Uncle Toms of the world. It makes him feel better.

Bro Learned

Excellent rebuttal I have to say. Yes I will agree that there is definite American and Israeli complicity in creating social upheaval in many countries who dont have any say at the very ballot box of their aggressors and meddlers of their internal affairs.

For the benefit of a cunning Satyaban, can we see the argument the other way. Considering that immediately post 9/11 when there was mayhem on American streets and Sikhs confused as Taliban were killed by Americans, its entirely possible the semblance of a peaceful society can degenerate into something ugly.

In your expert opinion, what circumstances would break the peaceful fabric of this society? Would it take a crunching economic loss where money is scant and the plastic is valueless. How about military losses in the regions there are messing in? Finally, would an anti-zionist candidate create any kind of mayhem considering that America has never produced an anti-zionist candidate in 60 years. I have to say, in terms of political ideologies, its the only absolute in the universe which utterly defies the laws of physics.

How would such views (appended link) impact American society if they became popular?

America Needs an anti-zionist candidate (Link)

(salam)

tried my best to understand what you trying to say but i failed sorry

I want members opinions on why elections in America are not accompanied by the hijinks and tragedy such as

1.Why was there no rioting by the crowds who showed up in huge numbers?

2.Why didn’t undercover police and others attempt to disperse the large crowds who were in opposition to the present gov’t, who are Republicans?

3.Why were there no assassinations or cars blown up to kill key members of the opposition?

4. Why was there such a high voter turnout?

America has been criticized on this site for not being a democracy and many other things. I would like to hear the opinions of those same people in view of out latest election. Our successors are not the sons of previous president a la Syria, successors and leading candidates are not killed as in Lebanon and Pakistan, nor do posible candidates have to be approved by a not elected religious body as in Iran. Our elections are transparent and open to all citizens.

Peace

Satyaban

Bro Learned

Excellent rebuttal I have to say. Yes I will agree that there is definite American and Israeli complicity in creating social upheaval in many countries who dont have any say at the very ballot box of their aggressors and meddlers of their internal affairs.

For the benefit of a cunning Satyaban, can we see the argument the other way. Considering that immediately post 9/11 when there was mayhem on American streets and Sikhs confused as Taliban were killed by Americans, its entirely possible the semblance of a peaceful society can degenerate into something ugly.

In your expert opinion, what circumstances would break the peaceful fabric of this society? Would it take a crunching economic loss where money is scant and the plastic is valueless. How about military losses in the regions there are messing in? Finally, would an anti-zionist candidate create any kind of mayhem considering that America has never produced an anti-zionist candidate in 60 years. I have to say, in terms of political ideologies, its the only absolute in the universe which utterly defies the laws of physics.

How would such views (appended link) impact American society if they became popular?

America Needs an anti-zionist candidate (Link)

Mayhem on American streets? Hardly...

Actually, when you consider it, just how many Sikhs and Muslims were killed in the aftermath?

This nation has gone through extreme upheavals before (the depression, with unemployment at 25% or more, defeats such as Vietnam, relatively high inflation in the late 70's etc.), and yet social structures always held. What do you suppose it is that gives the social fabric a comparatively high resiliency?

Mayhem on American streets? Hardly...

Actually, when you consider it, just how many Sikhs and Muslims were killed in the aftermath?

This nation has gone through extreme upheavals before (the depression, with unemployment at 25% or more, defeats such as Vietnam, relatively high inflation in the late 70's etc.), and yet social structures always held. What do you suppose it is that gives the social fabric a comparatively high resiliency?

lol - it aint over yet so i would approach it with a heavy dose of caution. If history teaches us one absolute, its that imperialists have the worst of ends.

Learned,

You are partially correct. I was looking for the response of those who debase America’s democracy and continue to do so or how they would change their tune after such a wonderful election and of course a peaceful transition and transfer of power. But what do I get but immature comments and comparisons to fantasies that of course do not exist. Those who do not respect America’s democracy, I do not claim it is perfect, are simply blinded by jealousy, envy and hate. Obama was brought to the presidency by the masses and financed by the masses. Elected by a mandate, not in an election where there was only one person on the ballot or somehow received 99% of the vote. Not in an election where the opposition was murdered or jailed and not in a rigged election where candidates must be approved by an unelected group who think they know better than the citizens what is good for them.

Peace

Satyaban