Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

African American Shia in Michigan

• Basic Members
No, i'm working on creating a community program there to build youth leadership insha'Allah and my target demographic are Muslims and Afro Americans.

Detroit has a long history of african american muslims. The nation of Islam started here, and as that group, led by WD Muhammad moved more towards orthodox islam, many african americans did the same. There is a significant black muslim population here in detroit. However, the overwhelming majority are sunni. Havent met a black shiaa before. But there are some blacks that pray jumaa at my mosque which is predominately shiaa.

• Advanced Member
Detroit has a long history of african american muslims. The nation of Islam started here, and as that group, led by WD Muhammad moved more towards orthodox islam, many african americans did the same. There is a significant black muslim population here in detroit. However, the overwhelming majority are sunni. Havent met a black shiaa before. But there are some blacks that pray jumaa at my mosque which is predominately shiaa.

Shukran akhi, may Allah swt reward you..

Can you find out if they are Shia for me please and also find out if there are many others?

This project is really important..

Massalaama,

Adonis