Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
surfinjo

Iran arrests birds

Rate this topic

Surfinjo wrote:

WRONG!!!

The only pressgroup in Iran that is allowed to voice the official opinion of the Rahbar is Etelaat not the Tehran Times.

Get your facts right!

My facts are what I am attempting to get at.

Are you saying that the Tehran Times is a fraud and the statement in its About Us page is also a fraud?

This seems quite a serious matter really.

surfinjo:

My facts are what I am attempting to get at.

Are you saying that the Tehran Times is a fraud and the statement in its About Us page is also a fraud?

This seems quite a serious matter really.

The Tehran Times is the organ of the Islamic Propagation Organization which is a non-governmental instiution.It does NOT voice the official policies or opinions of the government!!!

The only newspaper that has been granted the right to voice the opinion of the Supreme Guide, Imam Khamenei, is Etelaat NOT the Tehran Times that is linked to a non-governmental institution.

Before stating non-sense get your facts right instead of making yourself look like an ignorant fool.

Before stating non-sense get your facts right instead of making yourself look like an ignorant fool.

I came here looking for the facts.

I was illustrating the realities of what is happening.

It would have been more appropriate if you had simply given the facts to begin with. But I suppose, like your kind generally, you don't even fart without your special guru, sorry cleric, saying it is haram.

It's people like me who are trying to save your sorry asses from forces that you cannot even begin to comprehend.

You can wander around with your sanctimonious head in the sand and convince yourself that anyone who doesn't follow your cleric's dogma is not worth saving anyway.

But I take the position that all life is sacred.

The Tehran Times is the organ of the Islamic Propagation Organization which is a non-governmental instiution.It does NOT voice the official policies or opinions of the government!!!

The only newspaper that has been granted the right to voice the opinion of the Supreme Guide, Imam Khamenei, is Etelaat NOT the Tehran Times that is linked to a non-governmental institution.

Is this the Islamic Propagation Organisation

The Islamic propagation organization was established on June. 21, 1981 the instruction of the late Imam Khomeini the leader o the Islamic revolution and later on the Islamic Consultative Assembly (Majlis) described the status of the organization as a public non-governmental establishment. In the letter sent by Imam Khomeini to Ayatollah Jannati instructing him to set up the organization, the main objective of Islamic propagation had been described as commending the good and prohibiting the evil.

If so, then even described as a non-governmental organisation, it would appear to be somewhat more significant, not to say influential than you seem prepared to admit.

Surfinjo wrote:

Is this the Islamic Propagation Organisation

The Islamic propagation organization was established on June. 21, 1981 the instruction of the late Imam Khomeini the leader o the Islamic revolution and later on the Islamic Consultative Assembly (Majlis) described the status of the organization as a public non-governmental establishment. In the letter sent by Imam Khomeini to Ayatollah Jannati instructing him to set up the organization, the main objective of Islamic propagation had been described as commending the good and prohibiting the evil.

If so, then even described as a non-governmental organisation, it would appear to be somewhat more significant, not to say influential than you seem prepared to admit.

Let me get it:

1. First you started off the whole topic about the whole bird issue. Then when you were shown that mechanical birds exist you moved to ....

2....blaming the journalist for the use of the word "arrested" because you believed the Tehran Times to be an official newspaper representing the IRI's official opinion

3. When you were again shown your own ignorance about the world of Iranian press you now blame the Tehran Times and the Islamic Propagation Organisation for being....influential

Now the crime is....influence...

You sound like someone who would blame the entire US government for a blunder on CNN or NBC or better blame Syllar from Heroes for George Bush's brainless policies...

Point is the Tehran Times speaks for itself not the IRI. As influential as it may be it doesn't represent the Supreme Guide's opinion which is voiced by Etelaat only.

Paul Elliot wrote:

Last month Iran slaughtered 1 million ostrich because they supported israel's existence in the region.

True actually. Paul Elliot was there, he is the only one who survived. My warmest condolences on the martyrdom of your 1 million brothers and sisters. It's ok to burry your head in the sand, any other ostrich would do it. :cry:

Paul Elliot wrote:

True actually. Paul Elliot was there, he is the only one who survived. My warmest condolences on the martyrdom of your 1 million brothers and sisters. It's ok to burry your head in the sand, any other ostrich would do it. :cry:

If i am a ostrich and you consider my meat to be kosher, go ahead and enjoy it. Lord Stephen be stoned forever, for he likes being a martyr.

Paul Elliot wrote:

If i am a ostrich and you consider my meat to be kosher, go ahead and enjoy it. Lord Stephen be stoned forever, for he likes being a martyr.

1. I don't eat ostrich so no point offering me your meat.Sorry for spoiling your masochism.

2. I am a Shi'a and the meat I usualy would eat is halal not kosher.

3. I have doubts as to the relevance of mentioning St. Stephen and his glorious martyrdom in the context of a conversation about birds. Your triviality has an aftertaste of blasphemy. Leave St. Stephen for more elevated conversations if you don't mind as you don't have a monopoly over Jesus (as) or his great disciples.

Paul Elliot wrote:

1. I don't eat ostrich so no point offering me your meat.Sorry for spoiling your masochism.

I am a masochist only with women.

2. I am a Shi'a and the meat I usualy would eat is halal not kosher.

Ostrich is kosher?

3. I have doubts as to the relevance of mentioning St. Stephen and his glorious martyrdom in the context of a conversation about birds. Your triviality has an aftertaste of blasphemy. Leave St. Stephen for more elevated conversations if you don't mind as you don't have a monopoly over Jesus (as) or his great disciples.

Discuss politics here. For interfaith dialogs, use the interfaith forum.

Surfinjo wrote:

Let me get it:

1. First you started off the whole topic about the whole bird issue. Then when you were shown that mechanical birds exist you moved to ....

2....blaming the journalist for the use of the word "arrested" because you believed the Tehran Times to be an official newspaper representing the IRI's official opinion

3. When you were again shown your own ignorance about the world of Iranian press you now blame the Tehran Times and the Islamic Propagation Organisation for being....influential

Now the crime is....influence...

You sound like someone who would blame the entire US government for a blunder on CNN or NBC or better blame Syllar from Heroes for George Bush's brainless policies...

Point is the Tehran Times speaks for itself not the IRI. As influential as it may be it doesn't represent the Supreme Guide's opinion which is voiced by Etelaat only.

Do you have to distort points to suit your purpose?

I cited the report.

I linked to the Tehran Times.

I asked if such reports can give the impression that Iran is dominated by backwards fools.

Your claim that the Tehran Times doesn't speak for the Islamic Propagation Organisation is specious since it is the official voice. Moreover, the IPO was established by Khomeini to be independant of government influence. But its voice is influential, of that there can be little doubt.

Does such reporting from such an influential organisation paint a picture of Iran as somewhere that cannot be trusted with advanced technology?

The report was also cited in a number of other outlets:

Arabian Business.com

Sydney Morning Herald

The Australian

Fox News

The Age.com

France 24

Yahoo

Edited by surfinjo

Do you have to distort points to suit your purpose?

I cited the report.

I linked to the Tehran Times.

I asked if such reports can give the impression that Iran is dominated by backwards fools.

Your claim that the Tehran Times doesn't speak for the Islamic Propagation Organisation is specious since it is the official voice. Moreover, the IPO was established by Khomeini to be independant of government influence. But its voice is influential, of that there can be little doubt.

Does such reporting from such an influential organisation paint a picture of Iran as somewhere that cannot be trusted with advanced technology?

The report was also cited in a number of other outlets:

Arabian Business.com

Sydney Morning Herald

The Australian

Fox News

The Age.com

France 24

Yahoo

kingk.gif

kingk.gif

What is so screwy about referencing a number of links to the same story.

Are you attempting to discredit me simply because I asked an awkward question?

Is it not permissable to question the actions of an organisation initiated by Khomeini?

Or do you simply have a problem answering questions?

Imam Khomeini (ra) did not initiate the IPO. It was founded under his inspiration. The Khomeini familyl has no link to it nor is the government of the IRI directly involved in it. End of story.

You want to read the Rahbar's opinion read Etelaat.

Every country rounds up the bad birds. Iranian police also arrested some first class frequent flyers.

These were Israeli pigeons that did not have Iranian visas.

Ya Ali Madaad !!

Edited by malik

What is so screwy about referencing a number of links to the same story.

Are you attempting to discredit me simply because I asked an awkward question?

Is it not permissable to question the actions of an organisation initiated by Khomeini?

Or do you simply have a problem answering questions?

You show hostility through your post and you are debating worthless issues -what reaction do you expect from others.

Every country rounds up the bad birds. Iranian police also arrested some first class frequent flyers.

These were Israeli pigeons that did not have Iranian visas.

Ya Ali Madaad !!

:!!!: --- Israeli pigeons without Iranian visa :!!!: ----

I like the one about arresting chimpanzees because they look like Bush.

Edited by Ali Fazel