Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Scars

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

(salam),

I'm not sure if this has already been asked in this forum, if so, then maybe inshallah someone can point me to the where the link is located but...

My friend's sister had something on her face and she scratched it and now she has some scars on her cheeks. They are very recent scars so they arent too embedded in her skin.

Is there any other remedy she can use besides going to the doctor?

Does anyone know if Mederma really works for scars? because I have heard some people say that it does and some say it does nothing.

Jazakallah :)

^^^ Salam, My father told me once and has been tested by many people; rubbing coconut water (fresh, not caned) on the scars work magically specially for the burnt scars!

There are many topical scar creams and gels available, some work for few and not for others. I recommend to go and seek help from local pharmacist, this always works, at least for me :)

so would u say purchasing mederma is a bad idea?

how about using coco butter?

i'm trying to find other ways than the doctor because i dont know if my friend's sister can actually go to the doctor....

(salam)

I know several people who have had a lot of success with Mederma for scars and stretch marks. However, you need to apply it regularly (I think it says 2-4 times a day) for it to work properly. I think it is good to try. I had a very large scar on my wrist (no, I was not slitting my wrist lol) and I used it for several months and the scar improved a lot. Although I still have the scar, it is much smaller now and doesn't scare kids like it used to ;)

• Advanced Member

Try calendula...works VERY VERY well with healing scars...esp facial scars...I'm talking within days alham! And if you really want results you can get some manuka honey and put it on there as well but that's a bit unrealistic because manuka honey doesn't dry up after like calendula, and its effectiveness is still not that much more than just calendula alone. Gd luck.

wasalam