Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Poll - Ramadhan Cooking Competition

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

(salam)

Time to vote for your favourite entry! Original thread where you can view all the recipes is here:

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=234951517

Some things you guys might want to take into account when voting:

-How it looks

-Presentation (no this is not the same thing as how it looks)

-Taste (obviously you cannot taste it, however, make a judgement about how you think it might taste).

-Originality

-Healthiness

-Cost-effectiveness (are the ingredients too expensive?)

-Religiousness (consider that recipes which include ingredients that are mustahab to eat should gain extra points in your calculations)

-Practicality of the recipe (eg: how many ingredients used, what ingredients used, does it require random cooking appliances that noones ever heard of and so on). Linked to practicality are -

-Time (how long it takes to make)

-Ease (how easy is it to make)

You have exactly 12 days to vote. Good luck to everyone :)

wasalaam

• Unregistered

non of the above, baghair khaey k say bata saktay hain bhala , may to usko vote donga jo paka kar khelaeay ga.

^ its in urdu, dont ask me to translate.

Edited by Beloved

LOlz, thats true :D Well, Insha Allah if you happen to come to Atlanta, gimme buzz, I will make you some chicken :P

OK, I will translate that for ya so no one else feels dumb :angel:

non of the above, how can we tell without eating, I will give vote to whom will cook and let me eat :lol:

OH, my Vote goes to Dr. Asad' Spicy Chicken :!!!: -_-

non of the above, baghair khaey k say bata saktay hain bhala , may to usko vote donga jo paka kar khelaeay ga.

^ its in urdu, dont ask me to translate.

Edited by Dr_Asad_77

• Unregistered
LOlz, thats true :D Well, Insha Allah if you happen to come to Atlanta, gimme buzz, I will make you some chicken :P

OK, I will translate that for ya so no one else feels dumb :angel:

non of the above, how can we tell without eating, I will give vote to whom will cook and let me eat :lol:

OH, my Vote goes to Dr. Asad' Spicy Chicken :!!!: -_-

daktar saien :angry: tarjomo q kio vio theo pio

Anyways, cook and pack and send to me as early as possible, i ll taste and check on the first come first basis. Hurry up you has just a few days to win my vote ;)

• Advanced Member

Well I voted for inshaAllah's eggs because they are simple, healthy, cheap, quick etc. and most importantly I might have to live on them when I go to university. :cry:

The important things are fulfilled by it:

-Healthiness

-Cost-effectiveness

-Religiousness

-Practicality of the recipe

-Time

-Ease

Edited by dingdong

• Banned

i vote inshallah - women cooking? thats like giving a guy a prize for driving a car!

inshallah deserves to win because:

(1) hes a dude that cooked decent, honest food

(2) it looked freakin delicious

(3) he did it himself, and invented it himself, not reading out of gordon ramseys cookbook

(4) points for desi-fying a well known recipe

(5) the condiments were a good choice to accompany the egg

(6) out of all the dishes, id rather eat his. i trust that he washed his hands before he stared cooking and cant be so sure for the rest of you filthy peasants!

• Advanced Member

Ohh man Ruqayah's chocolate and mango cake, Ahoo's Firni, Ahoo's Ta-chin, and Ahoo's rollet were one of the most i considered the most even though i tried not to be biased :D ohh not to mention others were good too but not as good as theirs!

Sister Fadaka, may I borrow 25$ -_- I was making plans to spend 100$ but I will try to be limited :cry: Atleast I should get recognition for buying a camera for this competition, cooking specially to take pics and post (still forgot to put my name tag :wacko: ) along with my reipe...... :squeez: :squeez: :squeez:

Edited by Dr_Asad_77

• Advanced Member

Fadak, those meat pies look way better than mine. Dude, you're awesome!

I don't know who to vote for - all of you guys have done a great job! Is there an option for 'all' ? :unsure: yalla admins, be generous, 100 bucks to each, it's Eid's gift. haha.

• Advanced Member

Uhh.............the other thread's closed. Otherwise I would have liked to give a fitting :P reply to some.

Edit: Grrrrrrr, "quick edit" never seems to work for me.

Anyway, I just thought I would add this bit of information:

As to firni/phirni, it is the name for rice porridge in India, Pakistan (although in India it is more popularly known as kheer) AND also Iran (at least three of our family friends called the dessert so). Maybe the Afghans call something else as firni. And I just googled the word and the results are very much for RICE porridge!

firni

feerni

-_-

Edited by phoenix