Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
iloveahluhlbeyt

Question Abt Ilm-e-jaffry

Rate this topic

Does any1 here know anything abt Ilm-e-Jaffry? It's really fascinating but not something I'd learn coz...dunno why, I just feel there are boundaries one shouldn't cross. From what I understand, it's based upon certain numbers and the letters they stand for? Or do I have that wrong? Any1 know what numbers those letters stand for? I'd like to know what my name adds up to for one thing. Is thee anyone here who knows the basics of Ilm-e-Jaffry?

Does any1 here know anything abt Ilm-e-Jaffry? It's really fascinating but not something I'd learn coz...dunno why, I just feel there are boundaries one shouldn't cross. From what I understand, it's based upon certain numbers and the letters they stand for? Or do I have that wrong? Any1 know what numbers those letters stand for? I'd like to know what my name adds up to for one thing. Is thee anyone here who knows the basics of Ilm-e-Jaffry?

(salam)

The Ilm al-Jafr (Knowledge of Jafr) is not accessible by anyone; it is rather a type of knowledge, exclusive to the Imams of the Ahlulbayt(pbut) which they inherit from one another. Thus, it is now with Imam al-Mahdi(ajtfs) and will reveal it when He(ajtfs) re-appears.

According to the narrations of Ahlulbayt(pbut), al-Jafr contains the knowledge of what was (i.e. past), what is (i.e. present) and what is to be till the day of Judgment (i.e. future). It is also mentioned that the Holy Prophet(pbuh&hf) taught it to Imam Ali(pbuh) who wrote it on skin and with his handwritting.

I hope this was of help to you.

Regards,

Kumail

A/c to Allamah Majlisi(ar), there are two sahih hadith in the chapter of jafr al-Jami, al-Kafi. . .

A number of our people have narrated from Ahmad ibn Muhammad, from ‘Abd Allah ibn al-Hajjal, from Ahmad ibn ‘Umar al-Halabi, from abu Basir who has

said the following: “Once I went to see abu ‘Abd Allah, recipient of divine supreme covenant, and said, ‘May Allah keep my soul in service for your cause, I like to ask you a question. Is there anyone else in this house that may hear my words? The Imam then folded the curtain between his room and the next room and looked into it. Then the Imam said, ‘O abu Muhammad, ask whatever you wish.’ “I said, ‘May Allah keep my soul in service for your cause, your followers say that the Messenger of Allah taught Ali, recipient of divine supreme covenant, a chapter of knowledge. From this chapter there open a thousand chapters.’ The Imam said, ‘The messenger of Allah taught Imam Ali, recipient of divine supreme covenant, a thousand chapters from each of which there open a thousand chapters.’ I then said, ‘This, I swear by Allah, is knowledge!’ He would mark the ground with his staff for a while. He then said, ‘That is knowledge but it is not that knowledge.’ The narrator has said that the Imam then said, ‘O abu Muhammad, with us there is al-Jami‘ah. Do they know what al-Jami‘ah is?’

“I then asked, ‘May Allah keep my soul in service for your cause. What is al-Jami‘ah?’ The Imam said, ‘It is a parchment seventy yards long by the yards of the Messenger of Allah. It contains his dictations from his very own mouth that were recorded onto it in the handwriting of Ali, recipient of divine supreme covenant. It contains all the lawful and unlawful, and all matters that people need. Even the law of compensation for a scratch caused to a person.’ He then stretched his hand toward me and asked, ‘May I, O abu Muhammad?’ I then replied, ‘May Allah keep my soul in service for your cause, I am entirely at your disposal.’ He pinched me with his hand and said, ‘The law of compensation for this much is also included therein.’ He looked angry. I then said, ‘This, I swear by Allah is knowledge.’ “The Imam said, ‘It certainly is knowledge but not that one.’ The Imam remained silent for a while and then said, ‘With us there is al-Jafr. Do they know what al-Jafr is?’ I then asked, ‘What is al-Jafr?’ The Imam said, ‘It is a container made of skin that contains the knowledge of the prophets and the executors of their wills. It is the knowledge of the scholars in the past from the Israelites.

“I then said, ‘This certainly, is the knowledge.’ The Imam said, ‘It certainly is knowledge but not that knowledge.’ The Imam remained silent for a while and then said, ‘With us there is the book (Mushaf) of Fatimah, recipient of divine supreme covenant. Do they know what Mushaf of Fatimah is?’ I then

asked, ‘What is Mushaf of Fatimah?’ The Imam said, ‘Mushaf of Fatimah is three times bigger than your Quran. I swear by Allah, not even a single letter therein is from your Quran.’ “I then said, ‘This, I swear by Allah, is the knowledge.’ The Imam said, ‘This certainly is knowledge, but it is not that knowledge.’ The Imam remained silent for a while and then said, ‘With us there is the knowledge of whatever has been, and the knowledge of everything that will come into being to the Day of Judgment.’ “I then said, ‘May Allah keep my soul in service for your cause, this, I swear by Allah, is certainly the knowledge!’ The

Imam said, ‘It certainly is knowledge but not that knowledge. I then asked, ‘May Allah keep my soul in service for your cause, what is the knowledge?’ The Imam, recipient of divine supreme covenant, said, ‘It is whatever takes place during the night and during the day, one matter after the other matter, and one thing after the other to the Day of Judgment.’”

---

Muhammad ibn Yahya has narrated from Ahmad ibn Muhammad from ibn Mahbub from ibn Ri’ab from abu ‘Ubayda who has said the following: “People from our group asked abu ‘Abd Allah, recipient of divine supreme covenant, about Jafr and the Imam said, ‘It is the skin of a bull which is full of knowledge.’ They then asked the Imam about al-Jami‘ah. The Imam replied, ‘It is a parchment that is seventy yards long with the width of a hide like that of the leg of a huge camel. It contains all that people may need. There is no case for which there is not a rule in it. In it there is the law even to settle the compensation for a scratch caused to a person.’

“I (the narrator) then asked the Imam, ‘What is the Mushaf of Fatimah?’ The Imam waited for quite a while. Then he said,

‘You ask about what you really mean and what you do not mean. Fatimah, recipient of divine supreme covenant, lived after the Messenger of Allah for seventy-five days. She was severely depressed because of the death of her father. Jibril (peace be upon him) would come to provide her solace and condolence due to the death of her father. Jibril would comfort her soul, inform her about her father, his place, of the future events and about what would happen to her children. At the same time Ali, recipient of divine supreme covenant, would write all of them down and thus is the Mushaf of Fatimah, recipient of divine supreme covenant.’”

---

A/c to Shaykh Behbudi, all the narrations in this chapter are daif.

w/s

Edited by Jondab_Azdi