Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
iloveahluhlbeyt

Shia Tattoo

Rate this topic

Hey, you guys! Eid Mubarak! (Yeah, kept all 30 fasts but this year they were sooo tough for some reason) I would appreciate some feedback. I know we've had that debate on tattoos nthe unanimous verdict is u CANNOT get one w/the names of Allah or Ahlul Beyt etc...however couldn't you get one that i the TITLE of one of the names of 5tan? Say , one that says "Ya Haider" or "Ghulam e Panjtan" or even a tattoo of Zulfikar (the sword of Imam Ali?) Or even a lion? Coz a)it WOULD give great protection.I notice jst saying their names gives me protection and help...the way things are these days we need all te help we can get, B)I wanna always remember in life (esp on those days when everything is [Edited Out]py n one's faith feels shaky) just who owns me (the 5tan) and it is Allah I work for. So...whaddya guys think?

(salam)

Regardless whether tatoos are haram or not and seeing you are after protection in your day-to-day life, why not wear one of the Ahraaz (plural of Hirz) which are usually worn around the arm or hung on a necklace like:

silverhirz-th.jpg

I am sure you can get your hands on one of these which contain certain duas and thikr which have been narrated from the Ahlulbayt(pbut) as being recommended to wear and carry with you all the time.

I mean, at the end of the day, if this type of protection (i.e. the Hirz) bothers you, you can take the necklace or armband off and thats it. But if you get to a stage where you've tatooed something on and your skin starts to sag, hence the tatoo become blurry or messed up; or even if you decide to get rid of it, it'll be hard and painful :)

If you think this is a better alternative but can't your hands on one of them, PM me and i'll help you out.

Regards,

Kumail

(salam)

Regardless whether tatoos are haram or not and seeing you are after protection in your day-to-day life, why not wear one of the Ahraaz (plural of Hirz) which are usually worn around the arm or hung on a necklace like:

silverhirz-th.jpg

I am sure you can get your hands on one of these which contain certain duas and thikr which have been narrated from the Ahlulbayt(pbut) as being recommended to wear and carry with you all the time.

I mean, at the end of the day, if this type of protection (i.e. the Hirz) bothers you, you can take the necklace or armband off and thats it. But if you get to a stage where you've tatooed something on and your skin starts to sag, hence the tatoo become blurry or messed up; or even if you decide to get rid of it, it'll be hard and painful :)

If you think this is a better alternative but can't your hands on one of them, PM me and i'll help you out.

Regards,

Kumail

Where can I get one of these, preferably in Canada if you know a place here. Thanks!

Salaams,

I have asked a few Ullamah and Maraje3 and the reply was makrooh not haram.

Sunnis believe it it haram not us.

Here is one of my many tattoo's but i must warn you that a good reason for them being Makrooh is that they are DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN addictive.

2gxivxv.jpg

Even then pain i find addictive and remember if you get one to make sure its what you want not what people think is good.

Make sure it means something to you.

Salaams

AWESOME! That is what I had in mind but far smaller.....me being a deliate l'il girl, I'd like a delicate l'il tattoo...but along those lines!

LOL ok - Are you in Oz?

If so, do you know any good tattoo artists bcoz if you need a direction or 2 let me know.

A little debate as to tattoos containing holy names:

A tattoo is UNDERNEATH your skin, this is why it does not wash out. It is not on top of your skin, it is simply visible from underneath.

It is just like having a glass with a holy name written behind the glass. Is it haram to touch the glass?

For this reason, even the tattoo of holy names is permitted, my friend even has a letter from Ayotullah Sistani confirming this.

Although I do not have such a tattoo, mine is just a sword with some non-holy inscription.

EXACTLY what I'd intended! hanks, bro! It's just...I have a really glam, pretty image....I wonder how a tattoo would work with that. then again, if 's really tiny it may work. Can you get tattoos in pretty colors like pink or violet or GOLD??? Yeah, I LOVE gold and red!

A little debate as to tattoos containing holy names:

A tattoo is UNDERNEATH your skin, this is why it does not wash out. It is not on top of your skin, it is simply visible from underneath.

It is just like having a glass with a holy name written behind the glass. Is it haram to touch the glass?

For this reason, even the tattoo of holy names is permitted, my friend even has a letter from Ayotullah Sistani confirming this.

Although I do not have such a tattoo, mine is just a sword with some non-holy inscription.

Honestly a couple years back I wanted to get a tattoo of a Qur'an sura which would start at my right wrist, spiral up my arm, around my back and chest, down my left arm and end at my left wrist. Needless to say that would be very hard to cover up at work unless I wore long sleeves, my mom would kill me, my dad would disown me...my sisters would think I was rebelling.

God knows people like to think a lot of things but I never really thought about why I wanted it. I wasn't really practicing, so I didn't really think much of the haraam aspect but just that I thought Arabic script was beautiful so why not beautify my body with it? Why not? But with the same respect, why? I never asked myself that...It seemed like I wanted to give meaning to myself. Considering that I didn't have much meaning at the time, and even now I'm a bit confused about certain things, it's easy to give meaning to other things...we give value to other things all the time, our salaat, our fasts, the words of the Qur'an, the hadith...but I suppose when it comes to putting script on ourselves or things of that nature...there's no hatred in what's being put on, but the idea that we ourselves haven't given ourselves enough meaning, so we need to attribute meaning to other things and embed them into our own being...

will they truly give us any more meaning...

even if it's just for the fun of it, or despite how much meaning we give to it? People don things all the time...but why...to beautify...to make something of themselves...

when truly they were already something to begin with, but they lost the essence for they thought they were trees needing to be ornamented but know trees are naturally beautiful they do not need to be decorated for that which is natural is most beautiful and it's around everywhere...

but it's hard to be yourself when everyone wants you to be somebody other than who you are...

then you gotta show that you aren't their manufactured idea and be something other than what people want of you...so then you become daring, and go crazy with tattoos like bikers & all that, of course I got no hate for them I think that's pretty gnarly but at the same time, y'know, they were alone, so they wanted to do their own thing, and in the end, they found people like them, because they were wanting to be their own person and walked their own path and of course they found their own community with like-minded people and truly that's wonderful for anyone who's belonged and if you're in a community that's harmonious well Masha'Allah. It's funny when people try to go against the flow of what other people want of them, because in the end they end up doing what their peers or elders wanted of them anyway...to be a somebody. And it's because you've aspired to be something other than what you were you pile on excesses and think they're true to your nature, when truly your nature's to just be as you are and not have so many facets of life attached because of the labels people wanted to put on you...instead you put on labels of your own desire, and in that aspect, nobody's truly themselves...

because it was all about desires...and Islam isn't about desiring something that's already ours, something that's natural, for that which is love is most natural and we shouldn't desire love...when it's already in us...though the idea of stabbing myself a thousand times with ink seemed like a good form of it at the time...

I mean seriously that has to do something to our skin in the long run, I mean I know there's like thousands of cancers out there and well God knows if anything was found in the ink in tattoos it'd cause a horrible effect for tattoo parlors and God knows they rake in some pretty crazy business in the US considering the people of the US are known as rebels and if they knew the cancerous effects of such ink they'd probably go out of business and well that's just another economic imbalance for the land of the free thus the world but not really...

wait we're talking about tattoos...

um...

I think I'm done? Back to you Sister Betty Watcher.

SALAAMUWALAYKIUM

I AGREE WITH THE BROTHER TATTOOS ARE VERY ADDICTIVE IN THE PAST YEAR IVE GOT 4 ALLREADY (ALL TO DO WITH MY NATIVE IRAN) AND I PLAN TO GET MORE INCLUDING TWO BIG ZULFIQARS ON MY BACK

THE FIRST 2 ARE MY TATTOOS

post-49644-1223385358_thumb.jpg

post-49644-1223385437_thumb.jpg

HERE ARE SOME INTERESTING ONES IVE COME ACROSS LOL

post-49644-1223385463.jpg

post-49644-1223385484.jpg

post-49644-1223385505_thumb.jpg

I PLAN TO GET THE TWO ZULFIQARS ON MY BACK WITHOUT THE WRITING AND ALSO MUCH MUCH BIGGER

PS TO THE AKHIS WHO POSTED THEIR TATTOOS ABOVE THEY LOOK AMAZING MAN!!!

SALAAMUWALAYKIUM

Salam Wal Ikram,

Tatoos are meaningless, anyone who thinks that they are a form of protection need to delve a little deeper and see what is beneath the surface.So many contradict themselves by behaving in a improper manner yet flaunting that they are shia. A shame really. Anyone who thinks he/she is immune is living in a fantasy world. Tatoos are nothing but a fashion statement and if it wasn't, you wouldn't flash it to the world that you have a tatoo. I wonder if people are going to be judged by the size of their holy tatoo as opposed to the content of their heart?? I wonder whether Imam Mehdi atf will see the faith of a person based on his tatoos?? Imagine being buried with a tatoo, taking something from this world into the next. I think its time we wake up and see what the material world is doing to us.

Fi Amanillah

Salam Wal Ikram,

Tatoos are meaningless, anyone who thinks that they are a form of protection need to delve a little deeper and see what is beneath the surface.So many contradict themselves by behaving in a improper manner yet flaunting that they are shia. A shame really. Anyone who thinks he/she is immune is living in a fantasy world. Tatoos are nothing but a fashion statement and if it wasn't, you wouldn't flash it to the world that you have a tatoo. I wonder if people are going to be judged by the size of their holy tatoo as opposed to the content of their heart?? I wonder whether Imam Mehdi atf will see the faith of a person based on his tatoos?? Imagine being buried with a tatoo, taking something from this world into the next. I think its time we wake up and see what the material world is doing to us.

Fi Amanillah

Aw truly you are right for idolators are not fanciful but what is wrong with FLASHING that which is beautiful for LIGHT is FLASHY isn't it and we love those who are quick on their feet, y'know roadrunner...he always stuck his tongue out 'cause he was upsetting wile E coyote, y'know, that genius who thought he knew everything but he couldn't catch up to the road runner, ever? Y'know, it doesn't matter how much you know, but if you can't catch up with the one you're chasing, because you look for SO many ways to get him...

then you never will...

'cause the only time Road Runner ever acquiesced to Wile E Coyote was when Wile E Coyote failed, and he was in pain...whether blown up or busted to bits or what not

but the road runner was there, coming off side from the camera, to be with him in that moment of need....

and then he stuck out his tongue and ran away again...

that's the problem with doing everything you think is right, because it ends up hurting you in the end...

but that's not what we're talking about we're talking about...what was it...tattoos...whether people end up being judged is up to Allah to decide but if you look at a picture, y'know the tattoos, of course you'd think they were cool on the get go but it's only because we give value to the tattoo as a negative manifestation that it hurts our imaan, because the truth is...they look beautiful, but we see them as ugly.

I mean come on, don't you look at Arabic script and think it's beautiful? Can you IMAGINE anyone saying it looks UGLY? That is just incomprehensible...

but then again beauty really is in the eye of the beholder and I know I did behave as a hypocrite, I know you're not pointing fingers but I'll point at myself and say yeah, I went through some issues, I figured I don't need tattoos, but that doesn't mean I still won't appreciate what other people have because they love them for their reasons and if they're happy, I'm happy.

I don't wanna bring any hate on something people love I'm just tellin' my story but if people got love for it, I'm not gonna school them, that's what Imams and scholars are for...I'd rather let someone who's up in the hierarchy of Islamic Jurisprudence handle it...

telling people about what's haraam and what's not, it gets so tiring sometimes, they don't listen, they usually never will 'cause they got their own thing going on, but it's all good 'cause if they're in harmony with what they're doing or anything that's harmonious, then of course we're in equilibrium, but if someone throws us off balance, then that's not good...even though we have a preconceived notion of what is correct, it's better to just leave it as is because in the end we're supposed to be one community who's harmonious and if we tell someone something is haraam even though they like it, it throws them off balance, and we can't convince them of anything otherwise.

We can try...

but y'know when we try, we usually always fail...so just GIVE UP and SUBMIT, isn't that what Islam's all about submission? AHAHAHA, okay that wasn't funny...wait

YES IT WAS

but DrEaMa I think you're awesome so I entitle myself to be funny with you *gives you tiny umbrella*

*dashes off*

Edited by Ahmed25

Salam Wal Ikram,

Fi Amanillah

WS

Ahhh you sound JUST like my grandmother, how old are you?

They are not meaningless, they are symbols. ;)

How are they improper? According to YOUR culture?

They may be a fashion statement, is fashion haram?

Your body does not go with you from this world to the next, so you are wrong again.

The protection/immunity thing is a limited belief, some ppl believe it, I don't.

Rather than judging other people, correct yourself first.

I've dealt with self-righteous types like yourself before.

There is no basis in your claims, other than cultural negativity (the same cultural negativity my Grandmother has.)

Culture changes, tattoos are no longer seen as a bad thing.

Salam.

Edited by Hassan2jz

I was thinking of getting the Zulfiqar on my left arm (from my shoulder to the end of my bicep). However, decided against it just because of the pressure of having an Islamic icon on you 24/7. It would make me feel abit odd in certain situations, so to speak.

Well, obv I wouldnt get a gi-normous tattoo to flaunt "I'm Shia!!! Gimme a medal!" :!!!: I was thinking a real tiny one on my shoulder blade so it's not vissy to public. However...I mean life is very long. I may regret that when I'm like, 42, ya know? N purity of body, mind, soul, heart holds a lot of weight with me, so....dunno....

WS

Ahhh you sound JUST like my grandmother, how old are you?

They are not meaningless, they are symbols. ;)

How are they improper? According to YOUR culture?

They may be a fashion statement, is fashion haram?

Your body does not go with you from this world to the next, so you are wrong again.

The protection/immunity thing is a limited belief, some ppl believe it, I don't.

Rather than judging other people, correct yourself first.

I've dealt with self-righteous types like yourself before.

There is no basis in your claims, other than cultural negativity (the same cultural negativity my Grandmother has.)

Culture changes, tattoos are no longer seen as a bad thing.

Salam.

Salam Alaykum,

Firstly I'm going to disregard the personal attack and reply back to you based on your false assumptions. Secondly I am far from being cultural, probably of the same culture as you. Religion and culture do not mix, we should only follow what Allah swt has commanded us to do and nothing else. Brother you should know better, living in Australia and seeing the so called 'Shia Shabeb' flaunting their big tattos, Quran hanging from review mirror pumped music so loud that not just the suburb can hear but the whole state itself. Religion is not what you are, its who you are! I was not in anyway suggesting or passing judgement with anyone on this thread. So once again, maybe you should give me the benefit of the doubt before you jump the gun presumptuously delegating the worse of what was projected. I never said Tattos are haram, I never said its a bad thing, frankly I was giving an honest opinion. When you get buried are they carrying your soul to the grave or your body?? Your soul does not rest until your body is in the soil. I'm glad you think of me as mature enough to say I think like your grandma, not bad for a 22yr old. :)

Fi Amanillah

Aw truly you are right for idolators are not fanciful but what is wrong with FLASHING that which is beautiful for LIGHT is FLASHY isn't it and we love those who are quick on their feet, y'know roadrunner...he always stuck his tongue out 'cause he was upsetting wile E coyote, y'know, that genius who thought he knew everything but he couldn't catch up to the road runner, ever? Y'know, it doesn't matter how much you know, but if you can't catch up with the one you're chasing, because you look for SO many ways to get him...

then you never will...

'cause the only time Road Runner ever acquiesced to Wile E Coyote was when Wile E Coyote failed, and he was in pain...whether blown up or busted to bits or what not

but the road runner was there, coming off side from the camera, to be with him in that moment of need....

and then he stuck out his tongue and ran away again...

that's the problem with doing everything you think is right, because it ends up hurting you in the end...

but that's not what we're talking about we're talking about...what was it...tattoos...whether people end up being judged is up to Allah to decide but if you look at a picture, y'know the tattoos, of course you'd think they were cool on the get go but it's only because we give value to the tattoo as a negative manifestation that it hurts our imaan, because the truth is...they look beautiful, but we see them as ugly.

I mean come on, don't you look at Arabic script and think it's beautiful? Can you IMAGINE anyone saying it looks UGLY? That is just incomprehensible...

but then again beauty really is in the eye of the beholder and I know I did behave as a hypocrite, I know you're not pointing fingers but I'll point at myself and say yeah, I went through some issues, I figured I don't need tattoos, but that doesn't mean I still won't appreciate what other people have because they love them for their reasons and if they're happy, I'm happy.

I don't wanna bring any hate on something people love I'm just tellin' my story but if people got love for it, I'm not gonna school them, that's what Imams and scholars are for...I'd rather let someone who's up in the hierarchy of Islamic Jurisprudence handle it...

telling people about what's haraam and what's not, it gets so tiring sometimes, they don't listen, they usually never will 'cause they got their own thing going on, but it's all good 'cause if they're in harmony with what they're doing or anything that's harmonious, then of course we're in equilibrium, but if someone throws us off balance, then that's not good...even though we have a preconceived notion of what is correct, it's better to just leave it as is because in the end we're supposed to be one community who's harmonious and if we tell someone something is haraam even though they like it, it throws them off balance, and we can't convince them of anything otherwise.

We can try...

but y'know when we try, we usually always fail...so just GIVE UP and SUBMIT, isn't that what Islam's all about submission? AHAHAHA, okay that wasn't funny...wait

YES IT WAS

but DrEaMa I think you're awesome so I entitle myself to be funny with you *gives you tiny umbrella*

*dashes off*

Salam Alaykum,

I understand what you are saying, I do believe however there may have been a misconception somewhere along the lines of what I said. Brother failure is for those who aim to fail, did Ahul Bayt a.s ever just give up?? indeed not, so asking me to submit to something against my own values and beliefs wouldn't be rational. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, I happen to have one and with that comes a right to share a thought. I didn't come on here trying to convince others to have belief in my opinion on the subject, but rather share a view. Arabic script is indeed beautiful, no dispute, but that doesn't mean that it needs to be shown to the world carved on your body especially when you represent such a perfect religion. For that reason, if I happen to have the sword of Imam Ali a.s on my arm while entering a forbidden place, what image would I represent? nothing but a mockery to Islam. That is my point, don't pretend to represent something that you don't intend to follow, because it is just degrading.

Fi Amanillah

Salam Alaykum,

Firstly I'm going to disregard the personal attack and reply back to you based on your false assumptions. Secondly I am far from being cultural, probably of the same culture as you. Religion and culture do not mix, we should only follow what Allah swt has commanded us to do and nothing else. Brother you should know better, living in Australia and seeing the so called 'Shia Shabeb' flaunting their big tattos, Quran hanging from review mirror pumped music so loud that not just the suburb can hear but the whole state itself. Religion is not what you are, its who you are! I was not in anyway suggesting or passing judgement with anyone on this thread. So once again, maybe you should give me the benefit of the doubt before you jump the gun presumptuously delegating the worse of what was projected. I never said Tattos are haram, I never said its a bad thing, frankly I was giving an honest opinion. When you get buried are they carrying your soul to the grave or your body?? Your soul does not rest until your body is in the soil. I'm glad you think of me as mature enough to say I think like your grandma, not bad for a 22yr old. :)

Fi Amanillah

WS.

Personal attack? I don't see any, you may have misconstrued my Grandma comment, I was merely making a point.

Personal attacks= you are an idiot, stupid etc. Key difference.

I know religion and culture don't mix.

Your reason for being against tattoos has nothing to do with religion. You have created a stereotype/generalisation in your mind which has impacted on your objectivity. Your opinion is blatantly biased.

To me it seemed that you were passing judgement, if you didn't mean it, your post came across this way (and not just to me given the other guys reaction.)

Salaam.

WS.

Personal attack? I don't see any, you may have misconstrued my Grandma comment, I was merely making a point.

Personal attacks= you are an idiot, stupid etc. Key difference.

I know religion and culture don't mix.

Your reason for being against tattoos has nothing to do with religion. You have created a stereotype/generalisation in your mind which has impacted on your objectivity. Your opinion is blatantly biased.

To me it seemed that you were passing judgement, if you didn't mean it, your post came across this way (and not just to me given the other guys reaction.)

Salaam.

Salam Alaykum,

A tit for tat, You may not see in how I veiwed your post, therefore it doesn't rule out that it wasn't present. Yes, I know your Grandma comment was a way of insulting me, but I thought of adding a nice comment from you to make it some what more rosy. I haven't created anything, I have only commented on what is reality. You didn't even object to the examples I used but instead ranted on about how bais it was. Brother I wasn't passing judgement, so for the second time I hope that it has been made CLEAR. I wonder how you concluded that my opinion is not based on religion, did you happen to read my post or did you just skim through? I simply stated that people who wish to be true shia followers aka people who follow a religion, need to understand what they represent, Tattos are not representations of who we are, because if that was the case society has been introduced to a whole different image.

I rest my case.

Fi Amanillah

Salam Alaykum,

A tit for tat, You may not see in how I veiwed your post, therefore it doesn't rule out that it wasn't present. Yes, I know your Grandma comment was a way of insulting me, but I thought of adding a nice comment from you to make it some what more rosy. I haven't created anything, I have only commented on what is reality. You didn't even object to the examples I used but instead ranted on about how bais it was. Brother I wasn't passing judgement, so for the second time I hope that it has been made CLEAR. I wonder how you concluded that my opinion is not based on religion, did you happen to read my post or did you just skim through? I simply stated that people who wish to be true shia followers aka people who follow a religion, need to understand what they represent, Tattos are not representations of who we are, because if that was the case society has been introduced to a whole different image.

I rest my case.

Fi Amanillah

Salaam.

You argue that having a tattoos are NOT representations of who we are. You also state that Shia Followers need to understand what THEY represent. Implicitly, you argue tattoos do not represent Shiasm.

Your argument is absolutely fallacious and preposterous.

First of all, I do not claim that these tattoos will improve my faith or are part of the ideal image of Shia Islam.

Secondly, who are you to say what the image of Shia Islam is? You loosely associate people with tattoos with loud music in cars etc. This has nothing to do with the image of Shia Islam, just your opinion on certain individuals.

Your argument is based on assumptions. You say we should do everything Allah has commanded, I agree, I would further add that we are permitted to do anything that Allah has allowed.

So I fail to see your overall point....what are you trying to say? Tattoos make us look bad? haha.

To me it seems you are ranting about your view of society, I don't judge individuals. It is up to them to have a tattoo, have a religious symbol in their car and also listen to some loud music.

Now you see how my argument about you being biased ties together ;)

Peace.

Edited by Hassan2jz

You argue that having a tattoos are NOT representations of who we are. You also state that Shia Followers need to understand what THEY represent. Implicitly, you argue tattoos do not represent Shiasm.

Yes, they are not representations of who we are because someone who has a tattoo of the sword of Imam Ali a.s yet happens to have a boorish attitude is doing nothing but a disdain illustration to what we should be representing. Its a contradiction, you want to prove your shia, do it by practice and not by label.

Your argument is absolutely fallacious and preposterous.

Again your opinion, I am sure there are other ways of addressing an issue brother without having to throw crude comments

First of all, I do not claim that these tattoos will improve my faith or are part of the ideal image of Shia Islam.

Secondly, who are you to say what the image of Shia Islam is? You loosely associate people with tattoos with loud music in cars etc. This has nothing to do with the image of Shia Islam, just your opinion on certain individuals.

No you didn't, but you did state that there are others who do find it a form of protection. I don't have to be someone to have an opinion. I loosely associate people with tattoos< what is wrong with looking at the truth of a matter.

Your argument is based on assumptions. You say we should do everything Allah has commanded, I agree, I would further add that we are permitted to do anything that Allah has allowed.

Its not based on assumptions, your whole post has been based on assumptions. There is a difference between Halal and Makrooh, As Ya Gharib stated a tatto is Makrouh. If a tattoo is Makrouh it means that it isn't much liked by Allah swt and should be avoided. So are we really doing what pleases Allah swt, or finding a way to fulfill our desires.

So I fail to see your overall point....what are you trying to say? Tattoos make us look bad? haha.

You fail because your turning a blind eye, That my friend is something I cannot help you with.

To me it seems you are ranting about your view of society, I don't judge individuals. It is up to them to have a tattoo, have a religious symbol in their car and also listen to some loud music.

I didn't judge individuals, your obviously trying to justify because you have one. you didn't see me naming anyone did you? it was all general talk. I couldn't careless who has a Tatto and who doesn't, it has no value to me.

Now you see how my argument about you being biased ties together ;)

And the ripe apple just turned rotten

Peace.

Wa Alaykum Salam

Fi Amanillah

Yes, they are not representations of who we are because someone who has a tattoo of the sword of Imam Ali a.s yet happens to have a boorish attitude is doing nothing but a disdain illustration to what we should be representing. Its a contradiction, you want to prove your shia, do it by practice and not by label.

Again your opinion, I am sure there are other ways of addressing an issue brother without having to throw crude comments

No you didn't, but you did state that there are others who do find it a form of protection. I don't have to be someone to have an opinion. I loosely associate people with tattoos< what is wrong with looking at the truth of a matter.

Its not based on assumptions, your whole post has been based on assumptions. There is a difference between Halal and Makrooh, As Ya Gharib stated a tatto is Makrouh. If a tattoo is Makrouh it means that it isn't much liked by Allah swt and should be avoided. So are we really doing what pleases Allah swt, or finding a way to fulfill our desires.

You fail because your turning a blind eye, That my friend is something I cannot help you with.

I didn't judge individuals, your obviously trying to justify because you have one. you didn't see me naming anyone did you? it was all general talk. I couldn't careless who has a Tatto and who doesn't, it has no value to me.

And the ripe apple just turned rotten

Wa Alaykum Salam

Fi Amanillah

WS.

Meh, just going around in circles. Not in the mood to argue any further.

You are against them I am for them, let us leave it at that.

Those tattood guys make me so sick. It's not even about haram halal makruh anymore, leave me out of the debate. It just has to do with the fact that you look like a westernized rockstar wannabe. Big cross across the chest, mary on the shoulders and jesus on the back, but hey! it's all symbolic! really! omg.

Edited by P. Ease

P EASE I HOPE UR NOT REFERRING 2 ME?

AS FOR THE REST OF YOU LOL THE HARAM POLICE NEED TO STOP BEING WAHABI LOOK IF YOU DONT LIKE TATTOOS OR THINK THEY ARE HARAM THEN DONT GET ONE THOSE OF US WHO DO LIKE TATTOOS AND DONT SEE THEM AS HARAM (NO RELIGIOUS ITEMS ETC) WILL GET THEM IF WE PLEASE

Wa wr wb.

Don't waste your money on tattoos. Give to those who cry while praying to Allah asking "where are those who claim they love you."

Salam.

Don't waste your money on:

- A nice house.

- A nice car.

- Nice clothes.

- Nice food (you should eat dry bread, salt and dates.)

- Anything that is not a necessity.

You see where I'm going with this? :!!!:

Those tattood guys make me so sick. It's not even about haram halal makruh anymore, leave me out of the debate. It just has to do with the fact that you look like a westernized rockstar wannabe. Big cross across the chest, mary on the shoulders and jesus on the back, but hey! it's all symbolic! really! omg.

LOL. What a [Edited Out]py little whingy post.

Westernised, maybe a bit, I live in the West.

Rockstar wannabe, not really I hate rock music. And they aren't the only one that get tattoos.

Harden up a little, is that all it takes to get you sick?

Salam.

Don't waste your money on:

- A nice house.

- A nice car.

- Nice clothes.

- Nice food (you should eat dry bread, salt and dates.)

- Anything that is not a necessity.

You see where I'm going with this? :!!!:

LOL. What a [Edited Out]py little whingy post.

Westernised, maybe a bit, I live in the West.

Rockstar wannabe, not really I hate rock music. And they aren't the only one that get tattoos.

Harden up a little, is that all it takes to get you sick?

Wa wr wb.

There is nothing wrong with a modest house, reliable transportation, clean clothes, healthy lifestyle...I am talking about needless tattoos and wasting your money. So, yes I do think I know where you're going with this....let's agree not to be extravagant and give more to the ones that are helpless or near helpless. For instance, a widow with 8 young daughters, and we call ourselves shias, shias of what, while we spend on things like tattoos? I think you know where I'm going with this...

Edited by gogiison2

Wa wr wb.

There is nothing wrong with a modest house, reliable transportation, clean clothes, healthy lifestyle...I am talking about needless tattoos and wasting your money. So, yes I do think I know where you're going with this....let's agree not to be extravagant and give more to the ones that are helpless or near helpless. For instance, a widow with 8 young daughters, and we call ourselves shias, shias of what, while we spend on things like tattoos? I think you know where I'm going with this...

Salam,

I can see your point for sure, but you have applied it out of context. My point was simply that tattoos aren't the only bit of extravagance in our lifestyles.

So to claim that one should abstain from getting tattoos done on the basis that it is extravagant is a null point.

Your point only becomes valid if one lives in a very modest house, has an economical cheap car, wears no-brand clothes, eats the very basics etc.

Has.

Edited by Hassan2jz