Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

What Are Some Shia Views On Omar And Ayesha?

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member

Because in the history book of Tabari we read that Umar threatened to burn down the house of the Household of the Prophet (pbuh) along with several sahaba in it. And Ayesha because she openly waged a war against the Khalifatullah of her age and Amir al Mumineen Ali ibn abi Talib (as) which resulted in the killing of muslims.

And mind you, not all shi'a curse them.

• Veteran Member
I noticed some shias dislike Omar and Ayesha?

"Some" would be an understatement.

Shias do not like many of those whom other Muslim brothers and sisters simply adore.

As suggested, do a search and read through for your answers. There are hundreds of threads in this forum on this and related topics.

• Advanced Member

(salam) It's not a matter of liking or not liking them. We feel that they, just like everyone else, are subject to criticism and we look at their actions during & after the life of RasulAllah (sas) with objectivity and careful research. We feel it is a must because we cannot take just anyone as role models or leaders. We feel that none are qualified or capable of leading Islam except the Ahlul Bayt (as). As a role model, we look at certain companions and if they were always devoted to the Holy Prophet, then we take them as role models, if they were not, then we don't. Also, I hear so often that people accuse the prophets of the past of committing sins (God forbid) and criticize them, so why are we not allowed to look at historical figures and see what they did? Some would say this is history and it doesn't matter. That's true to an extent, however, we need to look at history to see who to follow and to learn from their mistakes. Judgment day I will be saying, "Nefsee, Nefsee", and I will barely be able to remember my own name, therefore, it is not our concern to say any person is going to heaven or hell, that is up to Allah. Historically, regarding Omar and Aisha, it (the history) is there. As the previous person mentioned, Tabari's history and many other "Sunni" books contain that info. However, it is not for us to make a smear campaign against anyone, the history is there. If our Sunni brothers agree, fine, if they disagree, that's fine too. It's not for us to condemn anyone, but we feel that we have a duty to defend the sanctity and personalities of Ahlul Bayt because they are the most deserving of it and were the most righteous as history clearly showed, without a doubt. InshaAllah that helps answer your question.

Edited by Fadlallah79
  • Advanced Member
Do not worry. Umar (ra) did so much for Islam, that even these sins that even if he somehow did commit would not prevent him from the highest of Firdaws.

waqqas you sound so much like nasibis who attempt to defend muawiyah ibn abi sufyan(la). One of these nasibis most common attempted defences for the evil deeds of muawiyah ibn abi sufyan(la) is to claim "but muawiyah(la) did lots of good for the Muslims". Usually they only attempt to block up these absurd claims by saying that muawiyah(la) increased the "Muslim" (really Arab) empire. So in reality they are claiming that being a tyrannical dictator that rules over a large swath of land (i.e. an empire) allegedly is a meritful deed all by itself; in the eyes of al-Islam! The same types of claims usually common from sunnis and nasibis about umar ibn al-khattab. That is chiefly that he "increased the Muslim (i.e. Arab) empire". Umar invaded Persia, Egypt, Palestine, etc. But is very clear that he had no goal of spreading Islam (umar was a panarab racist who is shown in sunni books to have banned non-Arabs from even entering Madinah!). In his evil terroristic invasion; umar ibn al-khattab just wanted worldy honor, money, and booty (i.e. alleged "spoils of war"; in this case his terrorist invasions and genocides). That is pretty much just like george w. bush invading Iraq today to try to occupy it and steal it's oil.

Edited by Abdul-Rahman Brent
  • Advanced Member
Do not worry. Umar (ra) did so much for Islam, that even these sins that even if he somehow did commit would not prevent him from the highest of Firdaws.

Thats injustice, how can he be before bin Laden. Atleast bin laden didnt burn the house of Sayyeda Fatima Zehra (sa). And he spent so much of his wealth in waging so many wars and the poor man is living a comfortless life living in caves drinking camels milk.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Salaams

Ya Ali Madad

We hate Umar and Ayesha because of the hardships they put the Prophet and his beloved Ahlul Bayt through.

If someone killed your mother what would you think of them?

Well Umar took part in the killing of the mother of true islam (Bibi Fatima (as)) so thats what we think of them. There is nothing wrong in hating the enemies of True Islam.

Wasalaam

• Advanced Member

I noticed that sunna people seem to like aisha.... can you tell me for why, in light of varying ahadeeth and facts of history, that anyone could like her?

i mean really... how is that even possible?

Edited by Imed14
  • Advanced Member
Imam Ali forgave her. Whose example do you follow?

Where is your proof?

And even if he did because of the great imam (as) he was

then why did she still remain friends with Marawan ?

Why did she not allow Imam Hassan (as) to be burried next to his grandfather?

Wasnt she the step grandmother?

Why she didn't accept them as her own children, she had no child of her own. Why she didnt stay at home and look after the orphans, she knew they were on the right path. But instead she was closer to Marwan whom she had no relation, whom the Prophet (pbuh) cursed.

If Aisha repented and had good relations with her step grand children and stayed at home like Allah (swt) told her.

Prayed to Allah to forgive her and never repeat her actions, stayed away from Marwan, Mauwiyah and the rest then no shia would say anything. They will respect her and love her for the sake of Allah and his Prophet just like we do for the other wives.

Also Shia's dont talk bad of her. We only say the truth and everyone should do the same instead of taking religion from her when clearly she was in the wrong!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Sahih Bukhari Volume 9, Book 88, Number 220: Narrated Abu Maryam Abdullah bin Ziyad Al-Aasadi: When Talha, AzZubair and 'Aisha moved to Basra, 'Ali sent 'Ammar bin Yasir and Hasan bin 'Ali who came to us at Kufa and ascended the pulpit. Al-Hasan bin 'Ali was at the top of the pulpit and 'Ammar was below Al-Hasan. We all gathered before him. I heard 'Ammar saying, "'Aisha has moved to Al-Busra. By Allah! She is the wife of your Prophet in this world and in the Hereafter. But Allah has put you to test whether you obey Him (Allah) or her ('Aisha)."

• Veteran Member
I noticed some shias dislike Omar and Ayesha? Why is this the case??

I'm going to give you my views which may or may not represent the view of all Shi'i.

'Umar ibn al-Khattaab

'Umar is disliked by the Shi'a because he threatened to burn the house of Imam 'Ali (saa) & Fatimah az-Zahra (sa) - many narrations indicate he set the house on fire and slammed the door on Zahra (sa) causing her to miscarry her unborn son Muhsin (raa). It is also narrated that Zahra (sa) cursed 'Umar (and Abu Bakr) in each of her prayers after informing them that they have incurred her anger. Also cause he is a usurper of Imam 'Ali (saa)'s right.

[Though I have a question: did she say this before or after they attack her (sa)?]

Btw, can anyone actually gimme the narrations (Shi'i ones) where it narrates Fatimah (sa)'s attack?

Aisha binte Abu Bakr

'Aisha is known to have been very disobedient to Rasoolullah (saww) and causing him grief and incurring his anger several times. She also waged war against the Imam of her time (as well as the political Khulafa) Imam 'Ali (saa). I do not show her any disrespect and I still call her Umm'ul Momineen because she is Rasool (saww)'s wife. Imam 'Ali (saa) treated her well and did not disrespect her after she waged war with him - so I choose to follow in his example - though I do not take my deen from her.

• Advanced Member

and Qur'an also reprimands her (surah at-Tahrim) and warns her (and other wives) of double punishment for open transgression (surah al-Ahzaab ayat 30). Qur'an does NOT say she is infallible, or even to be taken as an example to follow. And everything in Qur'an is a lesson for us, one can easily grasp the concept that Aisha's bad behaviour is no small matter, to be overlooked and elevate her status in spite of it, since it is included in Qur'an, protected by Allah (SWT), for all time.

Edited by Aliya
  • Banned

sis aliya we need to go no further than your signature to answer this thread:

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)&HP said to Imam Ali (as) "None loves you except a believer, and none hates you except a hypocrite." Narrated by Muslim, al-Nasa'i, and Ahmad

[Edited - user warned]

Edited by Renaissance_Man
  • Advanced Member

(salam)

What is there to like about Umar and Ayesha?

Umar had very little religious knowledge about Islam (refer to his numerous erroneous rulings on Salat, Al Quran, Divorce etc). Ayesha caused death and destruction with her fitna. She started the first civil war, destroying everything her husband build - the Muslim brotherhood.

And both of them fought the two most important people in the life of the Holy Prophet(sa).

Edited by Zareen
  • Veteran Member

Why does it matter? How about you stop hogging your perception of Shia with whatever unimportant distractions the Mullah wants you to think.