Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

What Video Game Are You Playing These Days?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Ironically, I was never that into gaming. But I liked NBA 2K series from EA sports, and Call of Duty 4 was sick. Also, Battlefield (don't know which version). Super Mario (classic). Role playing games like Alone in the Dark, The Hitman were cool, Space Quest, Police Quest, and Jordan vs. Bird. Oh and also, Michael Jordan in Flight (classic PC game from EA).

Ops I didn't realize this is for "these days", in that case none lol.

After Modern Warfare 2 I got sick of all the "USA #1 ARABS ARE ALL TERRORISTS!" Deal, I begun to feel I was buying something that supported the wars due to basically being propaganda of how high and mighty U.S soldiers are.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

:blink: This calls for a ban. Admins/Mods anyone????

Posted Images

• Veteran Member

Yeah those CoD and MW shooter games exist only to disinform the fledglings and make them believe that the military is doing something great around the world. Disarming rogue nukes, freeing hijacked innocents, fighting "terror" (of indigenous resistance forces whose countries are all occupied) and all sorts of Hollywood style bull. With some already existing dose of patriotism to that and you get the neo-crusaders.

But still, they're entertaining titles to play through once. Its like living through a movie. And at times you get to kill some actually despicable (Wahabi) terrorists, something that exists mostly in fiction. Because on ground they rather help them destabilize countries like Libya and Syria for invasion. Good fiction still, good escape.

P.S.: You can always play pirated versions and not support such idiocy. :P

• Veteran Member

Darksiders 2 (PS3 version)

Max Payne 3 (360 version)

Nice games.

As for Mass Effect 3, sure, it has the doom and gloom as was expected. But the endings are vague. The absence of companions' quests and lack of interactions is boring. Same old same old. I guess it may be because I have played ME and especially ME2 a lot more. To keep it short, imo ME2 remains distinctly the best. Even ME has its moments. ME3 is not polished all that much to be quite honest. But that still doesn't mean I'm unhappy with the sequel.

Dragon Age 2, now thats a disappointing sequel. They turned a great and evolved RPG game into an action hack and slash sort of a thing.

Edited by Darth Vader
  • Advanced Member

Nice games.

As for Mass Effect 3, sure, it has the doom and gloom as was expected. But the endings are vague. The absence of companions' quests and lack of interactions is boring. Same old same old. I guess it may be because I have played ME and especially ME2 a lot more. To keep it short, imo ME2 remains distinctly the best. Even ME has its moments. ME3 is not polished all that much to be quite honest. But that still doesn't mean I'm unhappy with the sequel.

Dragon Age 2, now thats a disappointing sequel. They turned a great and evolved RPG game into an action hack and slash sort of a thing.

Agreed. ME2 is the also the best for me. ME1 was still unrefined, but still a fantastic game. I actually carried over my paragon character from ME1 and ME2 for ME3, expecting some kind of awesome end to the trilogy..but it was a little lacking. I played it with the extended cut DLC as well. It was wrong of them to give us a choice for the end, we've already made a great number of choices over the three games that should contribute to what the ending would be, giving us a choice at the end just kind of throws that all out the window really. I ended up going with Synthesis, which I found was a little weird lol. I might check out the other endings, see what they are like. Overall I really enjoyed the game though.

I have Dragon Age 2, but I can't even bring myself to play it..it's just too different to the awesomeness that was Dragon Age.

• Veteran Member
I might check out the other endings, see what they are like.

Don't bother. All endings are pretty much the same. The reapers end and all the systems in the galaxy lose their mass effect jump gates or whatever those things are called and get cut off from each other due to the big zap from the secret weapon thing. However, you might enjoy some renegade decisions through the game. But imo ME2 renegade actions were a lot more satisfying.

• Advanced Member

Even though it's clunky and inconsistent online Gears Of War 3 I played loads of - so much fun with good company. Also wasted some hours on MW3 (and it's previous iterations) but that just seems empty after a while, true rinse & repeat with no teamwork and little variation.

Last few months all I've played is Pro Evolution Soccer (2011, skipped 2012 is didn't like the demo) in single-player mode (upped to Top Player setting).

I also dabbled briefly with Assasins Creed: Brotherhood as it's a gift (from a year ago!) and fired up Fallout: New Vegas but I just don't have the patience for longer games; soon as I dwell on the time it'll take I get morose and go back to a quick football fix :-(

ALI

• 5 weeks later...
  • Veteran Member

Even though it's clunky and inconsistent online Gears Of War 3 I played loads of - so much fun with good company. Also wasted some hours on MW3 (and it's previous iterations) but that just seems empty after a while, true rinse & repeat with no teamwork and little variation.

Last few months all I've played is Pro Evolution Soccer (2011, skipped 2012 is didn't like the demo) in single-player mode (upped to Top Player setting).

I also dabbled briefly with Assasins Creed: Brotherhood as it's a gift (from a year ago!) and fired up Fallout: New Vegas but I just don't have the patience for longer games; soon as I dwell on the time it'll take I get morose and go back to a quick football fix :-(

ALI

No way you play GOW?? I've played it since GOW 1. My favourite game ever, requires a lot of skill and teamwork to do well though!

• Advanced Member

I finished Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D for the 3DS yesterday! Amazing game!

I will be starting Final Fantasy 7 and 13 soon. And I am currently playing Battlefield 3. I want to play the new Pokemon White/Black 2 games also... and I preordered Blackops 2 for Ps3. lol...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Veteran Member

Civilization V: Gods and Kings. I'm revisiting the civ series after, oh, civ 1 I guess. And I like it. I still haven't played AC3, Dishonored and Black Ops but I definitely will once I get around to it.

I'm going to name Dark Souls, XCOM: Enemy Unknown and The Walking Dead as my personal favorite games of the year so far. And in that sequence, yes. Dark Souls' multiplayer specifically is actually what takes this season's DV's personal choice award. Its the perfect game to jump and murder all those masses of hip noob punks online. It reminded me of the early WoW days and all the fantastical glory and satisfaction in serial murder of gnomes spanning hours at the hands of my orc rogue in a dark and gloomy cemetery dungeon they had the audacity to set their feet into. They all always commit the unforgivable crime of polluting a RPG game with real life with their puke names, wrong character customizations, attitude, lack of role playing, etc. So if I catch you with a name like Billzwarriorz or PowahMage, then, buddy, you're not only dead, I will camp you as well and as long as it takes to motivate you.