Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Darth Vader

What Video Game Are You Playing These Days?

Rate this topic

I used to love video games but now my interests are limited to whatever is out on the New 3DS XL. 

I've been playing a lot of virtual console games lately, mostly Galaga and Super Metroid.

I need to continue on Rune Factory 4 though.

17 hours ago, baradar_jackson said:

I would love to, gentlemen, but I don't have the game.

Could one of you direct me to where I can download a "legal," "legitimate" copy of the game?

I don't know it has that game, but 'Oceanofgames' worked for me for a couple of other ones.

2 hours ago, Shaykh Patience101 said:

I don't know it has that game, but 'Oceanofgames' worked for me for a couple of other ones.

He said he wants a legal copy...unless those quotes aren't for emphasis. :P

@baradar_jackson if they aren't, then all you have to do is just search for the game on a torrent side. Though, if you do that, you can't play multiplayer because that requires an internet connection and...So, see if you like it but if you want to play MP, you need a proper copy.

Everyone else! So, who's down for a SC server? @Darth Vader, you have it, I think. @Gaius I. Caesar, you do too. Let's set up a time and get started.

Man I have a job now. It sucks all life out of my bones daily. So please pardon me, I can not. Besides, Civ 5 games -traditionally- are supposed to be hours long. And I know baradar and others are going to keep disconnecting or have problems staying connected and so on. If it was some FPS game or any game that did not demand a lot of time to be conclusive I might have a different opinion.

Vader you got a stupid office job again? What happened to the Vader I used to know?

@Khadim

Well that sucks. I ain't paying just to have the multiplayer mode, no matter how appealing it is. 

Why don't we bring Vader into the fold and play some Battlefield 1? I am salivating at just the screen shots of this game.

Do you use a dedicated GPU or an integrated one (basically, the one that comes with an Intel processor or a separate one by Nvidia/AMD)? Trying updating the graphics drivers. If you have the latest version, uninstall and re-install them. (You might also want to just go to Windows Update and check for updates, as Windows usually automatically gets the latest drivers for you).

40 minutes ago, Khadim uz Zahra said:

Do you use a dedicated GPU or an integrated one (basically, the one that comes with an Intel processor or a separate one by Nvidia/AMD)? Trying updating the graphics drivers. If you have the latest version, uninstall and re-install them. (You might also want to just go to Windows Update and check for updates, as Windows usually automatically gets the latest drivers for you).

Yeah, I have it set in my NVidia control panel. Sometimes I double check by right clicking and running with the NVidia driver. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it but it still shows a black screen.

Ibn AlShahid connect a different monitor or a tv and see if you get display. If you do then try installing your monitor drivers or tweak the resolution and refresh rate, set it to 59 or 60 hz and try with different resolutions. If a different display device also shows a black screen then press start and type in "dxdiag" and press enter. Any graphics problem should be listed there. Other things to try:- Install latest Directx and vcredist_x86. Sometimes microsoft updates mess up some dll files. Usually its either the display device running an unusual custom resolution / refresh rate or its directx.

50 minutes ago, Darth Vader said:

Ibn AlShahid connect a different monitor or a tv and see if you get display. If you do then try installing your monitor drivers or tweak the resolution and refresh rate, set it to 59 or 60 hz and try with different resolutions. If a different display device also shows a black screen then press start and type in "dxdiag" and press enter. Any graphics problem should be listed there. Other things to try:- Install latest Directx and vcredist_x86. Sometimes microsoft updates mess up some dll files. Usually its either the display device running an unusual custom resolution / refresh rate or its directx.

The display seems unlikely to be the problem because, from what I gather of his post, the black screen only comes when playing games.

Actually it was a headache of a few problems. I had an ipad that I thought I could use as a second monitor. I installed a program called Air Display and that messed up my whole system. After many uninstallations it finally worked. Thanks for all the help though.