Jump to content
In the Name of God بسم الله

What Video Game Are You Playing These Days?

Rate this topic


The Green Knight

Recommended Posts

  • Advanced Member

So I played my PS3 and Nintendo Switch.

I had a blast with Ring Fit Adventure and the new Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom on the Switch. On PS3 I enjoyed The Last of Us, Uncharted 1, and Metal Gear Solid IV.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

So I got Gran Turismo 5 and Final Fantasy X and X-II HD Remastered on PS3. So far I am enjoying both. PS3 games are relatively cheap for most of them. It opened my eyes after being a Wii owner for many years. I really love the PS3 a lot. It has become my favorite PlayStation. I do plan on getting a PS5 soon. I will be skipping PS4 since there is not much difference between it, PS3, and PS5.

Edited by ShiaOfMahdi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

I got Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands for my PS3 at a pawn shop. It's a great PS3/Xbox 360-era game. It looks pretty good. I will plan to get a PS5 Slim sometime after it comes out.

Edited by ShiaOfMahdi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member

Replaying RE4 remake for the 4th time, I will start playing the professional mode (most difficult mode) on a new game.Wish me luck. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
20 hours ago, ShiaOfMahdi said:

I will plan to get a PS5 Slim sometime after it comes out.

Yeah, that's actually a good idea, instead of the released ps5, wait for ps5 slim or pro and wait till you can purchase it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Diaz said:

Yeah, that's actually a good idea, instead of the released ps5, wait for ps5 slim or pro and wait till you can purchase it.

I will pick it up inshallah when it is on sale. I already got myself the new Zelda on the Switch and so far it is a fun game. Highly worth getting a Switch for along with several other games. The Switch OLED is the recommended model to get as a new buyer. I currently enjoy both my PS3 and Nintendo Switch. The Switch has a very fun library of first party exclusives worth checking out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrZtzGRAKrM

The latest Nintendo Direct. I am hyped for the new 2D mainline Mario game and the Princess Peach game. Also, the Metal Gear collection is coming to Switch and its great to play on the go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member

I finished playing Horizon Forbidden West. I loved it.

I recently bought A Plague Tale: Requiem. I started playing, its challenging. The story is interesting

Did anyone play Detroit: Become Human? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
29 minutes ago, Diaz said:

Yes, one of my fav. 

I have yet to play it. Inshallah when I get my PS5 alongside the Switch 2/Super Switch. Right now I am enjoying Zelda. My younger brother is like halfway through the game. It's a great game and worth playing on Switch. Next up is Super Mario Bros. Wonder and Super Mario RPG Remake. They're great games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

So I got a great deal on a Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 for $400. It's cheaper than a PS5 and Xbox Series S in Canada. I won't need a PS5 for many games for a while unless there's an exclusive that I can only get on PS5.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member

So I have tested a bunch of games on my RTX 3060. It runs well. Doom Eternal looks lovely with the ray-tracing. I won't need a PS5 or Xbox Series X/S since most games are coming to PC. I am still waiting for the Switch 2/Super Switch.

Edited by ShiaOfMahdi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
1 hour ago, ShiaOfMahdi said:

So I have tested a bunch of games on my RTX 3060. It runs well. Doom Eternal looks lovely with the ray-tracing. I won't need a PS5 or Xbox Series X/S since most games are coming to PC. I am still waiting for the Switch 2/Super Switch.

I used PlayStations for almost 2 decades, trust me PS5 is the worst PlayStation ever. No different between 4 and 5 except the prices and maybe the quality and the controller that’s all. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
12 hours ago, Diaz said:

I used PlayStations for almost 2 decades, trust me PS5 is the worst PlayStation ever. No different between 4 and 5 except the prices and maybe the quality and the controller that’s all. 

I'll say that PS3 was the last great era of PlayStation even though I owned a Wii and Wii U for the longest time. There were lots of great exclusives. Nowadays, the Switch has lots of great exclusives that make you want to own a Switch including Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (which my little bro beat last night) and the new Mario games. I still play my Switch regularly even if it is me playing Ring Fit Adventure and Nintendo Switch Sports. I also still use my PS3 as well. The Switch 2 will have lots of great games too, including Metroid Prime 4 which is highly anticipated.

Edited by ShiaOfMahdi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

So I got Shadow of the Colossus on PS3 since I heard that it was great on PS3 and better than the PS2 original. So far it is fun. There's a few games that come close to it. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Tears of the Kingdom are great games that come close to Shadow of the Colossus these days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Here is the latest Nintendo Direct.

I am excited for the Peach game which is now titled Princess Peach: Showtime. I am also excited for the Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door remake as well. Paper Mario TTYD is one of my all-time favorite GameCube games so I am getting it. The Nintendo Switch is getting tons of great new games.

 

Edited by ShiaOfMahdi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

So I got Uncharted 2 and 3 for my PS3. I hear that they're really great and better than the first one on PS3 and are among the best looking games on the system alongside The Last of Us on PS3. I am still waiting for PS5 prices to get reasonable in Canada to pick one up for the few exclusives alongside backwards compatibility with PS4. I am also looking forward to the next batch of Nintendo Switch games like Super Mario Bros. Wonder, Super Mario RPG remake, Princess Peach: Showtime!, and Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door remake. I plan on getting Super Mario RPG remake first and then Super Mario Bros. Wonder when it is on sale. The Nintendo Switch 2 is going to be coming next year so I am also going to wait for that.

Edited by ShiaOfMahdi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

So I played Shadow of the Colossus on PS3. It was fun and challenging. I am looking forward towards playing some Ring Fit Adventure next on the Switch.

Edited by ShiaOfMahdi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
On 9/29/2023 at 6:46 PM, ShiaOfMahdi said:

I am still waiting for PS5 prices to get reasonable in Canada to pick one up for the few exclusives alongside backwards compatibility with PS4

Something about the old games and consoles is so special. The ps3/Xbox 360 generation was a great one. But the ps4/Xbox one was about as far as I’ll go for now. I haven’t found any desire to buy the ps5 yet, I instead find myself searching for old consoles. The simplicity is unbeatable. But maybe it’s just an aesthetic/nostalgia thing, I just love the feel.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
3 hours ago, Mightyspunge said:

Something about the old games and consoles is so special. The ps3/Xbox 360 generation was a great one. But the ps4/Xbox one was about as far as I’ll go for now. I haven’t found any desire to buy the ps5 yet, I instead find myself searching for old consoles. The simplicity is unbeatable. But maybe it’s just an aesthetic/nostalgia thing, I just love the feel.

Same except that I had Wii, Wii U, and Nintendo Switch. I still play Nintendo Switch and its a good system if you're looking to play Nintendo's games both old and new as well as other games on the go or at home. The Switch is all about the adaptability and flexibility to your lifestyle.  The new Mario games are coming like Super Mario Bros. Wonder and Super Mario RPG Remake (which is remade from the Super Nintendo which came out towards that system's waning period when the PlayStation 1 was out and the Nintendo 64 was coming). They just had the new Zelda game Tears of the Kingdom and it's a great game and a great sequel to Breath of the Wild which is a must play even though the sequel TOTK is out. They also have Metroid Prime Remastered (which comes from the GameCube and Wii) with the rest of the Metroid Prime games coming soon along with Metroid Prime 4 next year inshaallah.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Diaz said:

I finished playing re 4 remake separate ways for the 10th time, now I’m taking break from games lol

I feel you too. I have a lot of work these days so I get very few times to play games. I do play my PS3 and Switch every now and then. The Switch and PC is where I play a lot of games. I mostly use the Switch for Nintendo's exclusives which are great and fun along with Ring Fit Adventure and Switch Sports. I will wait for PS5 prices to get reasonable to pick one up, other than that I will play my PC and the Switch as well as wait for the Switch 2 to come out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
1 hour ago, ShiaOfMahdi said:

Same except that I had Wii, Wii U, and Nintendo Switch. I still play Nintendo Switch and its a good system if you're looking to play Nintendo's games both old and new as well as other games on the go or at home. The Switch is all about the adaptability and flexibility to your lifestyle.  The new Mario games are coming like Super Mario Bros. Wonder and Super Mario RPG Remake (which is remade from the Super Nintendo which came out towards that system's waning period when the PlayStation 1 was out and the Nintendo 64 was coming). They just had the new Zelda game Tears of the Kingdom and it's a great game and a great sequel to Breath of the Wild which is a must play even though the sequel TOTK is out. They also have Metroid Prime Remastered (which comes from the GameCube and Wii) with the rest of the Metroid Prime games coming soon along with Metroid Prime 4 next year inshaallah.

I also have the wii, Wii U, and the Nintendo switch. The wii was in its own league in its days. But the Wii U I think really flopped somewhere along the lines. When it first came out it was super big and was supporting all the new games but it eventually kind of vanished even though I think the concept and actual game system was great. Nintendo knew what they were doing with the switch. The fact that they have revitalized so many classics like they have (while also keeping the same feeling you loved about the original) has given it so much life and versatility including the more interactive games that involve movement. I need to look into the switch 2 because I’ve actually never heard of it. 

Edited by Mightyspunge
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member

So Sony unveiled a new PS5. It looks shorter but the only problem is that it won't be getting any cheaper any time soon. I will be sticking with my gaming PC until the PS5 prices get cheaper. Also you can upgrade the base PS5 digital edition to physical with an $80 4K Blu-ray drive upgrade. My PC is pretty powerful with a Ryzen 5 3600, 32GB RAM, and an Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 12GB version. In the meanwhile, I will wait for Switch 2 and I will be saving up for that.

 

Edited by ShiaOfMahdi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member

So Super Mario Bros. Wonder is out. It has turned out to be a great 2D Mario game. Right up there with Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World. I am waiting for a sale to pick the game up. Right now I am hyped towards Super Mario RPG Remake, Princess Peach: Showtime!!, and Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door remake.

Edited by ShiaOfMahdi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

So Super Mario RPG remake has an overview trailer.

The game looks cool. Everyone including Peach looks lovely. Right now, I have been enjoying Super Mario Bros. Wonder which is a great 2D Mario game. My next hypes are for Princess Peach: Showtime!! and Paper Mario: TTYD remake as well as Metroid Prime 4.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member

So I beat Super Mario Bros. Wonder yesterday and have played Super Mario RPG remake. It's a great remake so far. I am still waiting for Princess Peach Showtime and Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door remake.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
On 11/18/2023 at 9:27 AM, ShiaOfMahdi said:

So I beat Super Mario Bros. Wonder yesterday and have played Super Mario RPG remake. It's a great remake so far. I am still waiting for Princess Peach Showtime and Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door remake.

Super Mario Wonder is fun. I haven't finished it yet, though. I've been playing it small bits at a time so I can cherish the experience longer.

As for Super Mario RPG Remake, I just bought that this morning. I played the original on the SNES so I am super nostalgic for this particular title. I hope it's faithful to the original as I have fond memories of it. I'm probably going to play it after I get home from work tonight.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...