Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
The Green Knight

What Video Game Are You Playing These Days?

Rate this topic

On 12/28/2016 at 7:57 PM, Hassan Y said:

Ya I switched to 2007 version when it came out and got 124 cmb in like 4 months lol, but I quit a year ago because the game just got boring.

Ahh you should join back if you have some time. They have a bunch of nice updates. I just rejoined after a 6 month break. 

Replaying Zelda's Majora's Mask. The final five minute countdown with the dark shaky atmosphere and impending moon crashing still gives me chills and catharsis to this day.

Within video games, nothing has given me such fear but clarity in the realization of my existence. 

Highly recommend to all.

Here is the aforementioned. On the eve of the festival, the moon will crash in five minutes, and everything in the world will perish...

Edited by magma

Breaking News:

I have downloaded Thief (Gold) from GOG.com and replayed through the first 3 levels already. This is the game, the daddy of all stealth games, it is the game which made me buy a 5.1 surround sound system back in the day. Its old, but gold.

Man our civilization was great. Our cities had paved streets and lamp posts long before when London was still flowing in mud. The Muslims got carried away, too worldly, kept murdering the Ahl al-Bayt and became lost in fanaticism. So now Satan has overpowered Arabs and the region has become depleted uranium dumping grounds.

23 hours ago, Dhulfikar said:

Now days resident evil series is already dead. 

I disagree. 0-4 were excellent. 5 and the revelations were terrible. 7 took inspiration from Silent Hills P.T and you can see that it has the same feeling. It's worth a shot, my download is finishing soon. Might give it an hour run this weekend.

1 hour ago, Ibn Al-Shahid said:

I disagree. 0-4 were excellent. 5 and the revelations were terrible. 7 took inspiration from Silent Hills P.T and you can see that it has the same feeling. It's worth a shot, my download is finishing soon. Might give it an hour run this weekend.

I think 5th and 6th one were awesome however I've recently seen muslim gamers complaining that there were a "Quran" on the floor in the library in a DLC called lost in a nightmare. Also some have been complaining because they included the masjid Al nabawi Door in DMC3.

3 hours ago, Ibn Al-Shahid said:

Many disagree the decision they made with Re 7. I feel like 7 is not even an resident evil game, just an fps horror game with name of resident evil for marketing. The inspiration of Silent Hills P.T is based on how much people loves the idea and that it was cancelled (boost the sales), so lets just copy it because we don't know how should we make an innovation resident evil game.

Edited by Dhulfikar

I think 5th and 6th one were awesome however I've recently seen muslim gamers complaining that there were a "Quran" on the floor in the library in a DLC called lost in a nightmare. Also some have been complaining because they included the masjid Al nabawi Door in DMC3.

Like this

Capcom is horrible company.

48 minutes ago, Dhulfikar said:

Capcom is horrible company.

Indeed but Idk if it was intentionally. Back in 2007 they deleted a sound'shouting 'Allahu akbar' in Zack & Wiki because fans though it was offensive.

1 hour ago, alHussein said:

Indeed but Idk if it was intentionally. Back in 2007 they deleted a sound'shouting 'Allahu akbar' in Zack & Wiki because fans though it was offensive.

They know very well it is sacred for Muslims, and still they used it.

20 hours ago, pwwnd123 said:

Has anyone preordered the Nintendo Switch?

Don't do it. Wait for them to start giving a pack-in game. (the Zelda game perhaps)

BioShockTC_Bio1_AndrewRyan_Statue_05.jpg

I mentioned before that I was playing Bioshock Infinite. Well I finished that a month or so ago. And I decided to play the original Bioshock. I have played a little and it's really great but the game is so damned stressful that I have a hard time starting it up and playing it. I find it far more unnerving than all those horror games out there. The world of Bioshock may be fictional but it feels undeniably real. Ryan's ideas are alive and well in our world; Bioshock just presents it in a very stark, unflattering light and in stylized fashion.

I love it but I dread playing it. Does that make sense? (PS please no spoilers kthx)

PPS I know I'm late to the party, but I don't care because I got a physical copy of the game complete in box for $2.17. You can't buy a beating for that much.

Edited by baradar_jackson

On 01/28/2017 at 9:49 AM, baradar_jackson said:

I mentioned before that I was playing Bioshock Infinite. Well I finished that a month or so ago. And I decided to play the original Bioshock. I have played a little and it's really great but the game is so damned stressful that I have a hard time starting it up and playing it. I find it far more unnerving than all those horror games out there. The world of Bioshock may be fictional but it feels undeniably real. Ryan's ideas are alive and well in our world; Bioshock just presents it in a very stark, unflattering light and in stylized fashion.

I love it but I dread playing it. Does that make sense? (PS please no spoilers kthx)

PPS I know I'm late to the party, but I don't care because I got a physical copy of the game complete in box for $2.17. You can't buy a beating for that much.

One of the best fps games ever made. Rare that a fps has a great story to go with the graphics. If you like this and feel like you need more dreadful eerie atmosphere in your life play the Metro series. Top 5 shooter.

On 28.1.2017 at 10:49 AM, baradar_jackson said:

Don't do it. Wait for them to start giving a pack-in game. (the Zelda game perhaps)

BioShockTC_Bio1_AndrewRyan_Statue_05.jpg

I'm not that interested in FPS games, but the original Bioshock was something interesting and very good game with interesting story.

6 hours ago, P. Ease said:

One of the best fps games ever made. Rare that a fps has a great story to go with the graphics. If you like this and feel like you need more dreadful eerie atmosphere in your life play the Metro series. Top 5 shooter.

Gameplay-wise it's also quite unique. It's like they stuck a whole RPG into an FPS game.

But mostly I am drawn to it for how terribly disturbing it is. It's not just a shock value nonsense; it is disturbing because it expresses some unfortunate truths.

Bioshock isn't just a video game; it is an affirmation of the very notion of video games. It's too bad that Irrational Games isn't around anymore.