Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

What Video Game Are You Playing These Days?

Rate this topic

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

:blink: This calls for a ban. Admins/Mods anyone????

Posted Images

• Veteran Member
8 minutes ago, laithAlIRAQI said:

Dark souls 3. Sons of dogs lorian and lothric are impossible to defeat.

Ooh, those guys are hard. It's best to light your ember and get the NPC at the door to help. Even then, you might not make it. :P You need to be good at dodging to survive those guys and learn to use the pillars around the place to block some of their more dangerous attacks. Also, use the NPC and don't attack him yourself at the start so he concentrates on the NPC and you can keep hitting it. Once the brother joins and get on top of him, you do the same and, at first, keep dodging until the NPC attacks so that he will be facing her and you can get behind him and attack the brother on the back. It is crucial to more or less ignore the one brother and keep hitting the brother on the back. Also, needless to say, upgrade your weapons to the max and use the more powerful spells and pyromancies in your arsenal.

Edited by Khadim uz Zahra
  • Veteran Member
On 11/2/2016 at 10:13 PM, Khadim uz Zahra said:

Well, I've played both Dark Souls 2 and 3 and I rarely ever used a shield because 1) this is one of the very, very few series that even includes a shield in the game so I'm just not used to playing with a shield

*had to manually switch off the wanabe detector alarm*

Yeah.. uhm, no shield in dark souls? Why how l33t of you good sir!~

=/

• Veteran Member

l33t? What, that doesn't mean I was good at it. In fact, Dark Souls 3 was my first Souls game and it took me 2-3 hours, I think, to get past Iudex Gundyr - of course, at that point, since I chose to be a pyromancer, my shield wasn't too good anyway and I couldn't get a better one because it was the tutorial section. Plus, at the start, on The Wall, even the bloody low-level stooges were killing me and every time I saw an enemy, I was shaking in my boots. I learned how to play the game with all its idiosyncrasies, and relying mostly on rolling, after a long time.

Edited by Khadim uz Zahra

what npc at the door? Theres no npc or summon sign, and i cant summon anyone since i dont have ps plus. my weapons are the refined uchigatana at level 9 and the profaned greatsword at level 9. tho the greatsword is too slow for the boss, so im stuck with uchtigatana. Im not using any pyromancy, i think im screwed lol.

Edited by laithAlIRAQI
  • Veteran Member

Why on earth are your weapons level 9? You should have Level 10 weapons by now. And, yes, there is a summon sign right outside their door for Sirris of the Sunless Realms but, as I just found out on the wiki, you need to have completed her quest. You can also have a summon sign for Orbeck of Vinheim (the guy you buy sorceries from) but you also need to have completed his quest by giving him all four sorcery scrolls and then buying every sorcery in his inventory. Yes, you really shouldn't be using a greatsword. I barely ever used greatswords 'cause they're too damn slow - except for the Farron Great sword, 'cause of that AWESOME moveset, which blows my mind every time. The Uchigatana is good enough, I suppose, though I prefer the Dark Sword or Arni's Straight Sword if you have a very good luck stat. You should also infuse your weapons to get more out of them - if you haven't already. The boss is hard so you will die multiple times but, well, that's the point of the game, no?

• Veteran Member

He's pretty hard. As with the two Princes, dodging is VERY crucial because he attacks very suddenly and you need to die many, many times just to get the hang of his animations. When he's on the dragon, make sure to NOT lock on because the dragon moves very fast very suddenly and the lock will mess up your angles, making it so you don't even see him coming. Always stay far away from the dragon until you hit him and be wary of when he starts spewing fire. This is also a very good opportunity to attack him, though, as it can be easily read and if you roll into the dragon's body, you'll be behind the neck and thus avoid any fire. Then, you can start hammering his head (which takes extra damage). Just doing this two or three times and going all out on attacking his head with everything you've got should take care of the dragon.

After that, you fight the Nameless King himself and, like I've said, he's pretty fast but it's now more of a traditional duel than with the dragon - it's actually kinda easier. Just be careful and read him properly as he attacks hard and fast. Of course, you should also use lighting protection buffs to protect yourself during the fight. He's also weak to lighting himself so using the appropriate weapon buff will also help. It was definitely one of the most scary fights - especially the way he comes when you ring the bell and how you're literally fighting on clouds.

On the other hand, he's optional and you can always skip him.

• Veteran Member
14 minutes ago, laithAlIRAQI said:

The cleric beast, the mini gun guy, father Gascoigne and the blood starved beast.

You can tackle two areas Forbidden forest or hemwick. Hemwick is easier then forbidden forest so I advise doing that first to level up more before doing forbidden forest. Hemwick has the easiest boss in the game.

11 minutes ago, Martyrdom said:

You can tackle two areas Forbidden forest or hemwick. Hemwick is easier then forbidden forest so I advise doing that first to level up more before doing forbidden forest. Hemwick has the easiest boss in the game.

None of those areas show up on the headstone, so I don't know what to do. 

• Veteran Member

Recently got an Xbox 360. It was the highest model (200 gb version), was cheap, and came with a bunch of games.

Before triggering anyone's misplaced zeal and taasob for a gaming platform, let me explain my logic:

1) it is super cheap and the games are super cheap. With the price of an Xbox 360 you can't buy a PC that can run minesweeper properly, let alone Battlefield 3.

2) In spite of its technical inferiority, I can play games that are optimized for the hardware, and have physical copies of them for dirt cheap (cheaper than a steam sale cheap). And because they are physical, nobody can tell me 5 years later that I need to re-buy the game I already bought. Huzza!

I am very satisfied with my purchase so far. So far I have mostly played Sonic and Sega All stars racing, Ridge Racer 6, NBA 2K13, Madden 25 (with Barry Sanders on the cover!!!!), and Call of Duty 2.

I plan on playing Bioshock in the near future. Copies can be found for one or two dollars, complete. That's less than a cup of coffee. So yes, this is a good time. 

I will be laughing all the way to the bank if any of these one or two dollar games become highly sought after nostalgic collector's items in a few years. :D

• Advanced Member

When time flies by, first party Nintendo games for the Wii will go up in price. This has happened with GameCube games.

I really want to get Super Smash Bros. Melee but it is too expensive. But I did play it during e-Sports at school with some friends. It was fun. I have mostly Mario games that I could find. Mario Power Tennis cost me 25 bucks at a used game store. Some of my other first party stuff for the GameCube goes a bit more than what Power Tennis cost me.

Nintendo products tend to be collectors items.

Edited by pwwnd123
  • Veteran Member

Been playing Bioshock Infinite.

Flawless experience so far. Compelling world, great visuals, foreboding atmosphere. And the whole idea of a world that seems ideal but which has deeply rooted corruptions and horrors just beneath the surface... it really does it for me.

But I admit I'm a scaredy cat and that all that ambient sound, crows, lights flickering and overall cult atmosphere scares the dickens out of me.

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, baradar_jackson said:

Been playing Bioshock Infinite.

Flawless experience so far. Compelling world, great visuals, foreboding atmosphere. And the whole idea of a world that seems ideal but which has deeply rooted corruptions and horrors just beneath the surface... it really does it for me.

But I admit I'm a scaredy cat and that all that ambient sound, crows, lights flickering and overall cult atmosphere scares the dickens out of me.

Which Bioshock?

• Veteran Member

I have no tasob nor I get triggered at console vs PC no more than I am able to get triggered by a cheap sunni mullah failing at comparative religion vs shia. All I have is a sigh and a shaking of head or a facepalm at best for kiddies like baradar who will never know the thrill of a first person shooter deathmatch because consoles usually don't use mice. How you people play with those miserable little pads is beyond me but what I do know is that a good mouse with a high enough resolution and polling rate was/is always in possession of anyone who plays Quake 3 Arena for instance or Unreal Tournaments or CS or CoD or the likes (first person shooters aka fps games) versus other players online or over a lan. I know I know you have played CoD just fine and even shot your cousins while using a gaming pad but I was talking about competitive gaming. So baradar this just might have been the hidden reason for your inferiority complex while you have probably been buying a console in attempt to be prodigal or something. Oh well. No infact you are unable to install games and manage a PC and work your way around windows, isn't it? You told me once I remember. And thats fine. Have fun. Switch on the console and pop in the disc and have at it bro. Nobody is triggered by that.

Next, need I mention Witcher 3 in full graphics? What consoles can handle that? None right. So you see there really is no competition. In order to have competition there has to be common grounds granted that would be "gaming" in this case. But pixelated pointless games or excuses of gaming being done over the family lounge TV is really only for amateurs. I bet you have no idea how it was to play the Thief series in surround sound seated in a dark corner of your own room being fully immersed in its world to such an extent that you forget about all the rest happening around you. Its difficult to explain. But thats okay bro. More power and Ya Goku madad to you.~

Edited by Darth Vader