Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
The Green Knight

What Video Game Are You Playing These Days?

Rate this topic

By the way, I often get this feeling that Dark Souls is so adorable (despite being all dark and depressing) because it cleverly contains within it a few but fundamental woes of life. The tyrannical oppression, helplessness and loneliness, hollowness and insanity, the frustrating status quo, and so many different npc's stuck foolishly at various places being right and correct in their own. And the big bosses, witches, traitors and all the backstabbing. The only choice in the game is at the end and again, just like life, when you have the power of choice you can either be like all the rest out for the selfish struggle, or you can be like the literal fiery sun which gives warmth and light to all indiscriminately at nothing but your own personal and final expense. This available choice without suggestion is the beauty of it.

Or maybe I think too much.

By the way, I often get this feeling that Dark Souls is so adorable (despite being all dark and depressing) because it cleverly contains within it a few but fundamental woes of life. The tyrannical oppression, helplessness and loneliness, hollowness and insanity, the frustrating status quo, and so many different npc's stuck foolishly at various places being right and correct in their own. And the big bosses, witches, traitors and all the backstabbing. The only choice in the game is at the end and again, just like life, when you have the power of choice you can either be like all the rest out for the selfish struggle, or you can be like the literal fiery sun which gives warmth and light to all indiscriminately at nothing but your own personal and final expense. This available choice without suggestion is the beauty of it.

Or maybe I think too much.

so touching. such poetry. You must have started watching anime's without telling us.

so touching. such poetry. You must have started watching anime's without telling us.

>.<

No, rather it could be precisely because I do not indulge in anime and avoid feeding my brain such pointless garbage as much as humanly possible!~ And I find your mention of anime right after that piece of philosophy unfathomably insulting to Dark Souls, life, the sun, the woes, the darkness, even insanity and everything therein.

Edited by Darth Vader

I played Mario Power Tennis yet again on the GameCube. All I can say is that I love it. I was playing the GameCube original. Not that horrible New Play Control version on the Wii. It is good.

18128.jpg

Now here is a video of me unboxing my Princess Peach edition Wii Remote Plus and my Smash Bros edition GameCube Controller.

This is the first time you guys on here have a chance to hear my voice.

Edited by pwwnd123

I got Mario Kart Double Dash!!, F-Zero GX, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl today. I love Mario Kart: Double Dash!! and F-Zero GX. They are good. I like Smash Bros. Brawl.

It is good game if you are super board. I've not played for long time and this is a good start, not too challenging but it is sufficient for me. It is MMORPG but one can play it alone all the way, there are tasks and story line to follow.

Nothing inappropriate so far, no blood shedding nor nudity or bad language , just simple rpg game. It was featured recently on one of mac games sites because it was made free, so i thought i'd give it a try!

I just unlocked Toad and Toadette in Mario Kart: Double Dash!! for the GameCube yesterday. I got pass the Flower Cup and Star Cup in 150cc mode with Toad and Toadette. It was a pain with Peach and other characters.

As we all know the legendary Silent Hills game has been cancelled and that was a really sad day. However, there has been a successor that goes by the name of Allison Road and i must say, it is the most beautiful atmospheric looking game i have seen also the horror aspects within it are just brilliant.

Here is a video demo of it.

And here is a kickstarter page.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/allisonroad/allison-road-first-person-next-gen-survival-horror

Edited by syeduddin

Ugh, I wish I could Total War: Atilla but I don't have a computer still. Really fascinated with the new Empires of Sand DLC.

You're living in the past. Atilla will soon be old news; the name of the game these days is Warhammer. And, may I say, that while I'm not a big fan of the Total War series, Warhammer is looking very good. It'll be released soon.

You're living in the past. Atilla will soon be old news; the name of the game these days is Warhammer. And, may I say, that while I'm not a big fan of the Total War series, Warhammer is looking very good. It'll be released soon.

I saw Warhammer and quite frankly, I wasn't too impressed, I ironically felt that it was stale and antiquated already but I did like the concept of the magicians, really unique but ultimately, it's not going to save Warhammer for me. Plus, if you ask me, Warhammer shouldn't be mixing with Total War and from what I've seen, reminds me of a rip-off of World of Witchcraft. Honestly if we are going to have another fantasy games, give me another Elder Scroll game instead of a Warhammer game. If I ever do get Warhammer, I definitely modifying it beyond recognition to the point it might as well be a new game.

Edited by Gaius I. Caesar

I saw Warhammer and quite frankly, I wasn't too impressed, I ironically felt that it was stale and antiquated already but I did like the concept of the magicians, really unique but ultimately, it's not going to save Warhammer for me. Plus, if you ask me, Warhammer shouldn't be mixing with Total War and from what I've seen, reminds me of a rip-off of World of Witchcraft. Honestly if we are going to have another fantasy games, give me another Elder Scroll game instead of a Warhammer game. If I ever do get Warhammer, I definitely modifying it beyond recognition to the point it might as well be a new game.

Fantasy is a setting, not a genre. Total War: Warhammer is a strategy game and Elder Scrolls is role playing. I don't see your point in wanting one over the others... apples and oranges...

So, I'm assuming you prefer Total War to remain entrenched in historical events? I honestly don't see the difference. Unlike previous games, where you have the same unit across civilisations (Roman cavalry vs Egyptian cavalry) or just different names across civiliations with no meaningful changes between them, you now have each race possessing entirely different troops and a versatile range of creatures that perform the same function that only one type of unit was performing in previous games. I wouldn't call that sort of flexibility and complexity stale or antiquated. Whether the units are real or fictional doesn't matter. What does is how it affects gameplay and the mechanics and this change brings a lot more depth to the game so I love the idea, at least.

As we all know the legendary Silent Hills game has been cancelled and that was a really sad day. However, there has been a successor that goes by the name of Allison Road and i must say, it is the most beautiful atmospheric looking game i have seen also the horror aspects within it are just brilliant.

Here is a video demo of it.

And here is a kickstarter page.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/allisonroad/allison-road-first-person-next-gen-survival-horror

That is such a realistic looking game. It looks like something in real life.

I just played Smash Bros. Brawl for the Wii. It was on Subspace Emissary mode. I have been playing Melee at school for like a month or two on each Wednesday at lunch time.

And the rumors were true. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess got it's HD remaster. Now we have two Zelda remasters/remakes like with the 3DS.

Edited by pwwnd123

Here is a good gamer I found.

Green Ham Gaming

He does make some nice videos. He is a good gamer.

He does censor his profanity.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmWRcMQyU-mGL1VRo2J3FuQ

He is worth subscribing to.

This is my favorite video by him.

Edited by pwwnd123

Here is a good gamer I found.

Green Ham Gaming

He does make some nice videos. He is a good gamer.

He does censor his profanity.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmWRcMQyU-mGL1VRo2J3FuQ

He is worth subscribing to.

This is my favorite video by him.

Aww. Fallout 4 stuff! :wub:

Edited by Khadim uz Zahra

pwwnd are you a fan of the Fallout series?

All the nerds are going nuts about the release of the 4th game. I haven't played any of them. Khadim or pwwnd can you enlighten us as to what it's about, and what are the gameplay mechanics?