In the Name of God بسم الله

What Video Game Are You Playing These Days?

Rate this topic

The Green Knight

• Advanced Member
On 11/23/2023 at 4:29 PM, JannahLM said:

Super Mario Wonder is fun. I haven't finished it yet, though. I've been playing it small bits at a time so I can cherish the experience longer.

As for Super Mario RPG Remake, I just bought that this morning. I played the original on the SNES so I am super nostalgic for this particular title. I hope it's faithful to the original as I have fond memories of it. I'm probably going to play it after I get home from work tonight.

So you've been playing Nintendo since SNES or even NES. I have played Nintendo since GBA SP, GameCube, Wii, and DS. I do enjoy Super Mario Odyssey, the sports games, Ring Fit Adventure, Paper Mario (the Thousand Year Door and Super Paper Mario especially), Zelda, and many other Nintendo games alongside PlayStation games like Final Fantasy VII, Uncharted, and God of War. I have a PS3 and Switch as my current consoles. I sold my GameCube and Wii because I wasn't getting the proper setup for them anymore. The Wii U I sold because I'd figure I would pass it on to someone who would want them. I do enjoy a lot of Switch and PS3 games. Princess Peach Showtime is my next hype as I am a slight fan of Peach alongside Daisy, Rosalina, and the Lumas.

Also Super Mario RPG remake is closer to the original. It's a better remake than Final Fantasy VII Remake.

Edited by ShiaOfMahdi

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, ShiaOfMahdi said:

So you've been playing Nintendo since SNES or even NES. I have played Nintendo since GBA SP, GameCube, Wii, and DS. I do enjoy Super Mario Odyssey, the sports games, Ring Fit Adventure, Paper Mario (the Thousand Year Door and Super Paper Mario especially), Zelda, and many other Nintendo games alongside PlayStation games like Final Fantasy VII, Uncharted, and God of War. I have a PS3 and Switch as my current consoles. I sold my GameCube and Wii because I wasn't getting the proper setup for them anymore. The Wii U I sold because I'd figure I would pass it on to someone who would want them. I do enjoy a lot of Switch and PS3 games. Princess Peach Showtime is my next hype as I am a slight fan of Peach alongside Daisy, Rosalina, and the Lumas.

Also Super Mario RPG remake is closer to the original. It's a better remake than Final Fantasy VII Remake.

Haha yes. I'm old enough that I was playing both NES and SNES. Mostly SNES as it was more my generation. NES was just a but before. I practically grew up playing video games. I played the original Playstation console as well and still play Playstation now on PS5.

• Advanced Member

I finished playing RE4 remake in professional mode with no bonus weapon, right now I have only 4 other trophies and then will get my first platinum trophy ever 

Edited by Diaz

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

So the Game Awards happened on Thursday. Baldur's Gate III won Game of the Year.

Nintendo didn't win sadly with Tears of the Kingdom but they got two awards with TOTK winning Best Action-Adventure Game award and Super Mario Bros. Wonder winning Best Family Game award so that's good. I do wish the Super Mario Bros. Movie could have won best adaptation since that was popular this year. I really enjoyed the Mario movie. I enjoyed Anya Taylor-Joy's voice as Peach since she sounded very Queen-like and I liked Jack Black being King Bowser Koopa.

• Advanced Member
On 11/25/2023 at 12:34 PM, Diaz said:

I finished playing RE4 remake in professional mode with no bonus weapon, right now I have only 4 other trophies and then will get my first platinum trophy ever 

Update:- I got my first ever platinum award. 

• Advanced Member
11 hours ago, JannahLM said:

I'm too much of a casual to bother farming for platinum trophies lol.

Re4 is the only game I’m planning to get the platinum because it’s one of my favorite games.

• Advanced Member

I just started playing Monster Hunter: World because a friend of mine wanted to play through it with someone. It's pretty fun and the monster designs, mostly having an interesting combination of features from both dinosaurs and various fantasy creatures, simply look amazing.

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, laithAlIRAQI said:

Currently playing resident evil 4 remake on the laptop

I hope u like it, it’s my favorite game of this year.

• Advanced Member
17 hours ago, laithAlIRAQI said:

Finished on the ps5:

God of War ragnarok Valhalla

Ghost of thushima 

House of Ashes.

Currently playing resident evil 4 remake on the laptop.

I am still waiting to get myself a PS5 alongside my decently powerful gaming PC for the exclusives. The Switch 2 is what I look forward towards when it comes to new consoles. I mostly am sticking with PC because they offer a better experience for a lot of games these days. I love Doom Eternal on my PC.

• Advanced Member
21 hours ago, laithAlIRAQI said:

Finished on the ps5:

God of War ragnarok Valhalla

Ghost of thushima 

House of Ashes.

Currently playing resident evil 4 remake on the laptop.

Ghost of Tsushima is a fantastic game. It's actually the first game I played on my PS5.

• Advanced Member
6 hours ago, JannahLM said:

Ghost of Tsushima is a fantastic game. It's actually the first game I played on my PS5.

I have yet to play it. I don't have a PS4 or a PS5. I am still waiting for PS5 prices to get more reasonable to pick one up. Right now I have a powerful gaming PC with a Ryzen 5 3600, 32GB RAM, and an Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 12GB version so I don't need a PS5 at the moment. Still waiting for more exclusives to justify owning one to complement my already moderately powerful gaming PC that blows a PS5 away in the graphics department. I only ever play Doom Eternal on my PC and the graphics look amazing with the ray-tracing.

Edited by ShiaOfMahdi

• Advanced Member
8 hours ago, ShiaOfMahdi said:

I have yet to play it. I don't have a PS4 or a PS5. I am still waiting for PS5 prices to get more reasonable to pick one up. Right now I have a powerful gaming PC with a Ryzen 5 3600, 32GB RAM, and an Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 12GB version so I don't need a PS5 at the moment. Still waiting for more exclusives to justify owning one to complement my already moderately powerful gaming PC that blows a PS5 away in the graphics department. I only ever play Doom Eternal on my PC and the graphics look amazing with the ray-tracing.

I prefer console gaming, mostly because the friends I game with are all console gamers. Not all games are cross-platform, thus if I had a PC I would not be able to game with most of my friends.

• Advanced Member
On 12/21/2023 at 6:11 PM, JannahLM said:

That was great ! Did you kill the uncle in the end? I actually spared his life because I thought I was being noble and performing some kind of great deed out there forgetting its just a game and the uncle was a massive snake!!!!!!! 

Edited by SO SOLID SHIA

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, SO SOLID SHIA said:

That was great ! Did you kill the uncle in the end? I actually spared his life because I thought I was being noble and performing some kind of great deed out there forgetting its just a game and the uncle was a massive snake!!!!!!! 

I did kill him, yes. Damn, massive spoiler for those reading that haven't played the game, though. That ending was so heartbreaking too.

Edited by JannahLM

• Advanced Member
1 minute ago, JannahLM said:

I did kill him, yes. Damn, massive spoiler for those reading that haven't played the game, though. That ending was so heartbreaking too.

I guess you're right it's a massive spoiler, but hey we've been given hadith books that tell us what's going to happen in the end of times.. I would have preferred to have it as a surprise. 

I hope they make a part 2. Best game I've played in a long while.

• Advanced Member
1 minute ago, SO SOLID SHIA said:

I guess you're right it's a massive spoiler, but hey we've been given hadith books that tell us what's going to happen in the end of times.. I would have preferred to have it as a surprise. 

I hope they make a part 2. Best game I've played in a long while.

There is apparently a sequel in the works, although I have no idea what they will do for it as the island was saved from the Mongols in the end. Perhaps some more localized threat will take centre stage? Idk.

That said, I'd love to revisit the game and do more exploration simply because of how gorgeous the game world is. There's a lot of stuff I never did get around to completing or exploring. Open world games are just so time consuming.

• Advanced Member
15 minutes ago, JannahLM said:

There is apparently a sequel in the works, although I have no idea what they will do for it as the island was saved from the Mongols in the end. Perhaps some more localized threat will take centre stage? Idk.

That said, I'd love to revisit the game and do more exploration simply because of how gorgeous the game world is. There's a lot of stuff I never did get around to completing or exploring. Open world games are just so time consuming.

I think they should go down a more interesting realm now and don't forget the whole story line changes depending on what you decided to do in the first one. I reckon for anyone who spared the uncle... The uncle goes to the British for help and brings a whole army over to  conquer Japan so they can set the groundworks for westerners to Fetishise Anime.. Like you'd see a whole conspiracy created by the uncle and British conspirators drawing anime characters to destroy the Samurai guidelines that have been reformed by Jin Sakai...something mad like that 

Edited by SO SOLID SHIA

• Advanced Member

Just got back to a daily routine with Ring Fit Adventure on Nintendo Switch. It's a fun way to get a workout in the winter time at home. Also enjoyed playing Doom Eternal on my pretty powerful gaming PC.

• Advanced Member
On 11/25/2023 at 6:16 AM, JannahLM said:

I was playing both NES and SNES. Mostly SNES as it was more my generation. NES was just a but before

Oh yeah same here!!! My favourite games were Super Mario World, donkey Kong Country, killer instinct, super street fighter 2, Mystical Ninja!!! I got the mini version and just installed a lot of games in there 

• Advanced Member
1 minute ago, SO SOLID SHIA said:

Oh yeah same here!!! My favourite games were Super Mario World, donkey Kong Country, killer instinct, super street fighter 2, Mystical Ninja!!! I got the mini version and just installed a lot of games in there 

Omg, Mystical Ninja! The memories! I keep hoping Nintendo will re-release it, but I doubt they will so I'll have to find an emulator instead since the SNES emulator on Switch doesn't have it.

• Advanced Member
1 minute ago, JannahLM said:

Omg, Mystical Ninja! The memories! I keep hoping Nintendo will re-release it, but I doubt they will so I'll have to find an emulator instead since the SNES emulator on Switch doesn't have it.

Im pretty sure it was in the store.. No? When I was playing that silly Wii U I bought it from there, it's still actually loaded on my Wii u. But one of the best games ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get yourself a snes mini 

• Advanced Member
11 hours ago, SO SOLID SHIA said:

Im pretty sure it was in the store.. No? When I was playing that silly Wii U I bought it from there, it's still actually loaded on my Wii u. But one of the best games ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get yourself a snes mini 

Nintendo Switch is much better than the Wii and Wii U in my opinion but I still have my favorites on the Wii like the Super Mario Galaxy games and some of the Mario sports games like Mario Sports Mix and Mario Super Sluggers. The Nintendo Switch is the system I spent more time with, arguably more than the GameCube (which I still love). I never had a Nintendo 64 though, I was a PS1 guy growing up early on but I do love Super Mario 64, The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time (though part of me loves Wind Waker on GameCube), Banjo Kazooie games, and GoldenEye 007 even though I only got to play Mario 64 on a friend's N64 and played the others on emulator. I still think the PS1, PS2, and PS3 eras of Sony were the best.

Edited by ShiaOfMahdi

• Advanced Member
6 hours ago, ShiaOfMahdi said:

Nintendo Switch is much better than the Wii and Wii U in my opinion but I still have my favorites on the Wii like the Super Mario Galaxy games and some of the Mario sports games like Mario Sports Mix and Mario Super Sluggers. The Nintendo Switch is the system I spent more time with, arguably more than the GameCube (which I still love). I never had a Nintendo 64 though, I was a PS1 guy growing up early on but I do love Super Mario 64, The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time (though part of me loves Wind Waker on GameCube), Banjo Kazooie games, and GoldenEye 007 even though I only got to play Mario 64 on a friend's N64 and played the others on emulator. I still think the PS1, PS2, and PS3 eras of Sony were the best.

You're right, the switch is definitely better than the Wii and Wii U.. I think they were 2 of the most pointless consoles in the line, but I still have them. I have all the Nintendo consoles from the NES up until the switch.  Ocarina of time is a brilliant game big up yourself for knowing that one!!!!!!! And goldeneye what an absolute banger. Did you ever play time splitters 2 on game cube? Or any of the Prince of Persia series? Prince of persia 2 warrior within was probably the best game I ever played and it was kind of like big brother to assassins creed. Anyways man you got good taste in games which means you're probably a great pious Muslim too. Take care 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Got half an hour worth of exercise in Ring Fit Adventure. I also am playing more PC these days since getting a PS5 is very expensive here in Canada. I was lucky to get an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 for $400 + tax for my already powerful PC with a Ryzen 5 3600 and 32GB RAM. I love PC gaming since the online is free and I use Steam to get my games on PC. I also like how games like GTA can get mods and stuff.

Edited by ShiaOfMahdi

• Advanced Member
4 hours ago, ShiaOfMahdi said:

So Princess Peach Showtime got a new trailer.

I am more than hyped about this game. I will get it inshallah. I just hope for Daisy and Rosalina to get games too.

That actually looks pretty decent! At first I was like OH HELL NO they're just trying to emasculate Mario like they did to the ghostbusters . Looks DOPE though!!!!!!

Have you played the new Prince of Persia? That looks sickkkkk bruv!!!!!!

• Advanced Member
On 1/23/2024 at 10:34 PM, SO SOLID SHIA said:

Have you played the new Prince of Persia? That looks sickkkkk bruv!!!!!!

No. But I do have Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands on my PS3. It's a great game. I also had the Sands of Time for GameCube. I will try to get it on PC when it is on sale.

• Advanced Member
On 11/25/2009 at 5:18 AM, Hiz Eminence said:

Assassin's Creed 2!!!!!!!

yeh rite real funny, u lucky i feel so bad for u i had to throw the matches, since u lost your wife, and your son got kidnapped i had to show u sum luv so u could get thru yo crisis. now your homeless at the library on shiachat. too bad u had to sell your playstation 4 crack, so now i have no way ov liftin up yourself esteem. have a nice life

Al FATIHA for my brother 

We used to play streetfighter all night !!!

I do miss him but I used to beat him all the time !!!!

• Advanced Member
On 1/28/2024 at 5:04 PM, ShiaOfMahdi said:

No. But I do have Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands on my PS3. It's a great game. I also had the Sands of Time for GameCube. I will try to get it on PC when it is on sale.

I only ever played Prince of Persia (2008). It seemed different from the rest but it was pretty easy and fun. 

• Basic Members

Nice to see an entertainment post.

I and my children play together.

Moto Rider Go: Highway Traffic, Commandos, Doom 2 (a very old game), and some other games, I don't remember their names.

• Advanced Member
On 2/7/2024 at 1:33 PM, Shian e Ali said:

I only ever played Prince of Persia (2008). It seemed different from the rest but it was pretty easy and fun. 

My friend has that one. I never got to play it though. I also have The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Tears of the Kingdom on Nintendo Switch. They're both amazing.