Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
OmairTariq

Proving The Other Sect Wrong

Rate this topic

Salam,

I'm neither sunni nor shia... Why? Cause my dad's sunni and my mom's shia... i've been exposed to both sects. i go to sunni mosques to ofer prayer and i also go to imam bargahs for majlish... and i don't consider myself either shia or sunni... i consider myself a MUSLIM.

Inshalla i'll be getting married soon to a shia girl. Though she is a bit more religious than i am and she tries to convet me to shiaism. I have no issues with that. i'm always open to learn more.

I wanted to tell you my background before asking the following question so that you can understand why i'm asking it.

I've been researching on Shia Sunni differences and all stuff related to it on net for past 6 months... And One thing that really confuses me is WHY ONE SECT TRIES TO PROVE THEMSELVES RIGHT BY PROVING THE OTHER SECT WRONG?

Why don't the both sects exist peacefully??? WHY?

I've been researching on Shia Sunni differences and all stuff related to it on net for past 6 months... And One thing that really confuses me is WHY ONE SECT TRIES TO PROVE THEMSELVES RIGHT BY PROVING THE OTHER SECT WRONG?

Salams

I believe we can find literate people (shia or sunni) living together in peace and harmony. Although its true that many people from both sides spend too much of their time and energy trying to prove each other wrong. That is the misfortunate of this ummah. We are accustomed to pulling each others leg. I hope this attitude changes with time. Hatred often exists in hearts when people know little about each other. If there is better communication and understanding, we should be able to 'exist peacefully'.

Having said that, I would like to mention that when we are having intellectual debates and discussions then I don't see any harm if we explain why we believe certain ideologies of each other to be right or wrong. Such discussions should not lead to fights and 'holier than thou' attitudes. Rather, these discussions should help pave the way for a Momin towards, what he or she believes to be, truth.

Fi-Amanillah

Edited by inshaAllah

Salams

This discussion has reminded me of the event of moakhat (religious brotherhood) - Yesterday was the anniversary.

I am sure many brethren are aware of this event but just in case:

After the migration from Makkah to Madina, the migrant muslims faced a number of difficulties including economic and social hardships. Realizing this and with the intent of eliminating difference of race, culture and status, the Prophet Mohammad(sawaw) decided to declare religious brotherhood among the migrants (Muhajireen) and the residents of Madina (Ansaar). This was in accordance with the instructions of Allah(swt) in the Quran where He says “Innamal mominoona ikhwa” (All momineen are brothers among themsevles). Prophet Mohammad(sawaw) gathered all muslims from the two groups and declared the concept which marked an important milestone in the Islamic History. In making one muhajir brother of one ansaar, the Prophet(sawaw) took special care of the compatibilities in their traits and nature. This way he made sure that they would easily get along as brothers and no conflict would arise between their personalities.

Some of the examples of this brotherhood are as follows:-

Hazrat Abu Darda(r.a.) was made the brother of Hazrat Salman Farsi(r.a.)

Hazrat Abuzar Ghaffari(r.a.) was made the brother of Hazrat Manzar bin Umair(r.a.)

Hazrat Huzaifa Yamani(r.a.) was made the brother of Hazrat Ammar Yasir(r.a.)

Hazrat Maasab bin Umair(r.a.) was made the brother of Hazrat Abu Ayub Ansari(r.a.)

Hazrat Salama bin Waqash(r.a.) was made the brother of Hazrat Zubair bin Awam(r.a.)

e.t.c

During this brotherhood, Imam Ali(a.s.) was not made brother of anyone. He(a.s.) had tears in his eyes at that time and looked with inquisition at Prophet Mohammad(sawaw). The Prophet(sawaw) held Imam Ali(a.s.)’s hand in his hand and declared in front of all Muslims that “Ali(a.s.) is my brother – in this world and the hereafter”.

- Thanks to webmaster@ziaraat.com for the reminder

Salam,

I'm neither sunni nor shia... Why? Cause my dad's sunni and my mom's shia... i've been exposed to both sects. i go to sunni mosques to ofer prayer and i also go to imam bargahs for majlish... and i don't consider myself either shia or sunni... i consider myself a MUSLIM.

Inshalla i'll be getting married soon to a shia girl. Though she is a bit more religious than i am and she tries to convet me to shiaism. I have no issues with that. i'm always open to learn more.

I wanted to tell you my background before asking the following question so that you can understand why i'm asking it.

Salaam Brother,

I do agree that we should not spend time fighting and arguing with other muslims trying to prove them wrong. Having said that i wish to add one more thing. When it comes to us, we definitely need to ask ourselves what is true Islam ? did the prophet intend to have different sects in islam? or is there ONE TRUE ISLAM. As individauls i beleive it is our duty to do research and convince ourselves that we are on the right path. Inshallah when you do that brother you will see that We the followers of AhlulBayth are following the True Islam.

Khudahafiz.

...........United Islamic States...........OR.....United states of hilalistan.........

Just imagine such a united region with another super power ..The Islamic block comes into existence what will be the situation of muslims........

Lets promote unity..?

Edited by rambo007

...........United Islamic States...........OR.....United states of hilalistan.........

Just imagine such a united region with another super power ..The Islamic block comes into existence what will be the situation of muslims........

Lets promote unity..?

Assalamalaikum,

I believe the point was that one should try and show why one believes what one does and not simpy focus on why the other shouldn't believe what he/she does.

Welcome to Shiachat Omar Tariq.

I've been looking forward to post about this whole thing.

I feel that there is no need of unity between Sunni and Shia because we're already united.

The problem is the third party who will mostly identify themselves as Sunnis, but they're actually Wahabies. These people are violent and they preach and adhere to extremism. It helps them to spread their influence as they have control over the Ka'ba in Hijaaz so they attempt to brainwash as many pilgrims as they possibly can. Their scholars consider the rest of humanity as kafir so they keep issuing takfeer for all. They comprise terrorist organizations that slaughter Sunni and Shia alike.

I present you as evidence the misfortune of all innocent peaceful civilians who died in bomb blasts in countries like Pakistan, Iraq, WTC above others.

And this is why I always question the unity preaches here on SC. We're living in harmony with our Sunni brothers in real life. Sure, one can debate the controversial issues anonymously on internet. It doesn't kill anyone. So unity with Wahabies who have guns pointed at us and suicide belts readied on their bodies is a bloody joke to me, and such an endeavour albeit noble is not possible to beginwith, atleast in our countries. Perhaps it'll be feasible in countries like USA and UK where the Wahabi extremism is neutered thoroughly with severe attrition so they'll act nice there because they don't want to be killed/deported/thrown into jail.

So what they're doing is wrong, and its a proof in itself of their wrong ideologies. It should be condemned strongly imho.

Just my 2 cents.

P.S.: I can make mistakes so please correct me if there is something wrong with my views.

assalam-o-allaikom

it is true that we should respect other people.but should this mean that we should not even talk about what is right and what is wrong?

:) Right and Wrong!!!!

So do you think we have the right to judge people and say who's right and who's wrong. I thought only God can do that...

Assalamalaikum,

I believe the point was that one should try and show why one believes what one does and not simpy focus on why the other shouldn't believe what he/she does.

Isn't our believe is between us and God... Why do we need to show it? Whats the point in that?

(bismillah)

(salam)

Most of the muslims prefer to live in peace with each other without digressing into shia sunni split. Its usually the rogue elements within a community who stir up such controversies because such people are fitna mongers. The sane minded should simply ignore such folks and get on with their lives in peace.

assalam-o-allaikom

{smile.gif Right and Wrong!!!!

So do you think we have the right to judge people and say who's right and who's wrong. I thought only God can do that... }

no brother i am not talking about the right to judge people.i am saying rather asking should we not find which is the true path?no doubt the respect element should be there.

is it not that hazrat ibrhim (as) proved his point against namrood by saying that GOD rises sun in the east ,can he rise it in the west?and for this namrood had no answer.

Sunni Shia Bhai Bhai

Doosri Jamaat Kahaa Se Ayee

=D Siraf aik Ummah Hai, aur sahre hai Muslimeen!

Nare TAKBIR!

There should be more unity! But we need to stop having these fitna mongers (from either side) declaring Takfir on their brothers and declaring them Mushriks.

May Allah (swt) Guide us All! Ameen ar-Rabb-ul 'Alimeen.