Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

How Did Your First Day Fasting Go?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salam,

Well today is my first day fasting and I ate spaghetti and strawberry oat smoothie for sahar. It's almost 11 am now and my stomach is already making noises lol. But I think I'm going to be fine... I have class until 17:30 so I'll be home at 19:00... sleep for a bit and eat iftar.. l ^_^

I'm so excited... this is my first time fasting until 9pm lol

• Advanced Member

Wasn't that hard as I though it would be for yesterday's fast...thats only because I stayed home all day though...

Since I'm going out and starting school today though, time will pass quicker but its gonna be really hot out...around 32 Degrees :(

• Advanced Member

^You're in Australia??

Here in Holland fajr is like around 4:50 and iftar is around 9pm something... but thank god its raining (17 degrees) I thought it was going to be hot since it had been summer the past few days and people were half naked on streets... lol

• Advanced Member

Yes I am. You are lucky it isn't hot.

Then Imagine a 12 year old kid fasting from 4:30am to 9:15pm in a 42 degrees summer day. It was very terrible, I would almost faint by the end of the day. Alhamdellah for everything.

^You're in Australia??

Here in Holland fajr is like around 4:50 and iftar is around 9pm something... but thank god its raining (17 degrees) I thought it was going to be hot since it had been summer the past few days and people were half naked on streets... lol

• Advanced Member

Alhumdolillah my first fast wasnt too bad. i think my body had begun getting used to fasting because i fasted during the last days of shaban, so i didnt really feel it.

although today i am feeling a little restless since i have to be at work and i cannot just lounge around in my house :P.

• Veteran Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

I started Fasting on friday for the last three days of Shaban, so the first day wasn't so hard on me.

I was woken up at 4:30 for sehri by my dad and I had cereal (Reese's Puffs are made of win) with some juice and some medicine. The day went by fairly well and finished reading (well just about) my book for English and then I got read for an iftar party. The iftar was probably the most intense part of my day. I had to break later without anyone knowing. So when they all started breaking, i went downstairs, put food into my plate and raced up stairs. The whole time i was making dua no one came upstairs. Longest 12 minutes of my life.

Pray for me today. Cause I'm at home and I won't be so lucky.

• Advanced Member
(bismillah)

(salam)

I started Fasting on friday for the last three days of Shaban, so the first day wasn't so hard on me.

I was woken up at 4:30 for sehri by my dad and I had cereal (Reese's Puffs are made of win) with some juice and some medicine. The day went by fairly well and finished reading (well just about) my book for English and then I got read for an iftar party. The iftar was probably the most intense part of my day. I had to break later without anyone knowing. So when they all started breaking, i went downstairs, put food into my plate and raced up stairs. The whole time i was making dua no one came upstairs. Longest 12 minutes of my life.

Pray for me today. Cause I'm at home and I won't be so lucky.

Bro, why don't you break fast at sunnis time when it is permissible by your marja.

Q-It is permissible to break our fast with our Sunni brothers ;that is when the sun sets.

A-It is permissible, but it is better to wait for the eastern redness as a voluntary precaution.

(24/9/2007A.D - 12 Ramadan 1428Hij -- Web-site mailing list http://www.bayynat.org.lb)

ws.

Edited by Jondab_Azdi
  • Advanced Member

Salam All,

Ramadhan Mubarak ... well for me every thing is fine we started on Monday but am kind of bored here coz this year i came back here with ma sis n bro so we r here 3 only no mumi no dadi :( it is so bad .... but in general since am going to work so dunt feel hungry much but when i get back to home i start cooking n then i feel hungry :blush: n here is so hoooooot 42-45 degree :cry: ... but am excited, finally ramadaaaaaaaaan :)

All pray for me

Khoda Hafiz

Fari

Edited by fari
  • Advanced Member

My first day of fasting went very well Subhannallah, I made a big lengthwise poster that said Ramadan Mobarak and hung it up to surprise my dad when he came home I also tied some ribbons around the house, the decorating really helps keep your mind off your hunger ^_^

Edited by yurmuslimfriend

Alhamdo Lillah it is 2nd Ramdhan here in US and Fasts are going really fast :P I am spend all day in the lab and hence usually don't get to much distraction from hunger or thirst, it is just caffeine that make me :wacko: few hrs before iftar! In Sahri, I usually eat fried egg with bread, drink coffee and/or milk and plenty of water ^_^

• Advanced Member

Today was the second day of Ramadan here. I had spinach and tomato omlette, brown rice, and raspberries, with some tea and water for suhoor, worked all day, bought a house, gave away some furniture, broke fast with dates and water, then ate honey mustard chicken, rice, and sweet potato for supper, with orange juice and water. Later, after I've finished digesting, I'm thinking of having a glass of milk.

Edit: Oops, I just gave away my computer desk chair! :dry:

Edited by smiley
  • Advanced Member

My first day was allright I guess.... I was home at 18:30 and then the fatigue and hunger attacked!! lol.. so I laid down 1,5 hours before iftar.... it was the longest fast I've ever had and I hope I'll get use to it :D

It was so nice when I broke my fast... that was the beauty of Ramazan.. a sip of warm sweet tea and something my MIL made with dates (sauteed with oil and flour).. and I felt like its just so beautiful.... I love Ramazan!(but Im looking forward to flee to other country when it falls on summer within few years.. lol)