Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
ShiaBrother1

Sunni Marriage

Rate this topic

I have strong feelings regarding this issue. A shia girl marrying a sunni guy is just as bad as Umm Khultum (as) marrying Omar (--) which although didn't happen but does evoke some bad feelings whenever the subject is discussed.

(wasalam)

You really cant use that example as a comparison... there are so many sunnis who truly love the ahlul bayt but unfortunately havent realised the right path... and obviously theres a reason why there getting married...

Unless the shia sunni marriage is for political reasons, its better not to do it and haram if you will be lead astray. Seriously there are enough shias. Whats the point of marrying sunnis? How can one get along with them? their theology, philosophy etc is all different. Life isnt all about falling in love and all that baloney.

I know of a couple, their children are big now and the husband is sunni and the wife is shia. They have co operation but its not a good setup at all. In general shia sunni marriages are unstable and its very irresponsible and quite idiotic to go fall in love and go marry a sunni as though they are the only person alive.

The only situation where shia sunni marriages are responsible IMO are the political marriages between community leaders to decrease enmity, and bring unity between Muslims. This too needs to be VERY carefully planned and monitored.

People look for deen and taqwa in their spouse but a sunni would be quite a bad choice for that. Seriously how gullible can people get? People get married with people form good families and backgrounds because they have their future generation in mind. Marrying sunnis will be like a disaster in that aspect.

When I marry, I will marry someone who will contribute to the upbringing of my child to be a slave of Imam Mahdi (as) . Marrying a sunni would be a negative thing in this aspect. People really need to think about their future generation when marrying and not just oh I feel in love [Edited Out]. Thats just narrow minded.

Having a happily ever after with a person who praises the oppressors, denies the right of the Ahlul Bayt (as) and has messed up laws (to name a few issues) is just plain sick. Our youth really need an awakening.

To the OP: If you are thinking of marrying a sunni, please dont do it. Theres no benefit to it. There are plenty of shias available for marriage who are way better overall than any sunni. These marriages are generally unstable and its a life long battle. In the beginning it might look all cute, lovely and dandy. If you are thinking of temporarily marrying a sunni then I guess its fine if the muta isnt too long but sunnis think its haram lol. :lol:

Edited by dingdong

Ok People let me tell you why i am asking this and what my worries are.

As you know i am Shia and My family is Sunni.

My sister who has been married for 8 years to a Sunni Guy is now shia alhamdullilah.

Her husband doesnt mind but say's his son who is 6 will have to be sunni and there is no Choice.

I am really worried about this and my sister is very upset.

Any advice?

Just like how the father is dominating and saying they have no choice in their son being sunni, just be stubborn and say no the son WILL be shia and the father has no choice in making him sunni. Give the father a taste of his own medicine. I find it weird how we expect our children to 'inherit' religion.

My sister who has been married for 8 years to a Sunni Guy is now shia alhamdullilah.

Her husband doesnt mind but say's his son who is 6 will have to be sunni and there is no Choice.

Any advice?

i think it is immature for either one of them to tell the other 'our son is gonna be sunni/shia and there is no choice' lol. what happened to la ikraha fid deen?

how about they agree that both of them are allowed to expose their beliefs to their son and he can decide what he wants to be when he is mature enough?

if i was ur sister i would not worry too much...if Allah wills for your nephew to be shia...he will be shia irrespective of what his father says.

i also think she is v. lucky her husband doesnt mind her converting to shiism.

i think it is immature for either one of them to tell the other 'our son is gonna be sunni/shia and there is no choice' lol. what happened to la ikraha fid deen?

how about they agree that both of them are allowed to expose their beliefs to their son and he can decide what he wants to be when he is mature enough?

if i was ur sister i would not worry too much...if Allah wills for your nephew to be shia...he will be shia irrespective of what his father says.

i also think she is v. lucky her husband doesnt mind her converting to shiism.

I agree. Please do Dua for him.

I dont want to see my nephew grow up being a supporter of Umar

Ok People let me tell you why i am asking this and what my worries are.

Any advice?

Salaamunulaykum wr wb.

Just as the husband says the son has no choice, tell the guy that life is filled with choices and you can't make all your sons choices for him, if you do it most likely will backfire and may turn the kid off the religion totally. So, tell the husband let anyone teach our son and whoever can teach him the best, then surely the son may make a wise decision. Keep in mind you'll need sufficient knowledge in turning the sunni husbands views around. So, inshaAllah all will be well soon.

Edited by gogiison2

Your sister is at an advantage here because however much her husband dominates, the child grows up learning what the mother teaches. His mother's lap is his first school so all she has to do is make him follow the right path as she does. The husband has no choice but to succumb as the child won't unlearn what he has already learnt.

I don't know under what circumstances people marry sunnis. I won't for one. I'd prefer being a spinster all my life than marry the followers of the enemies of Ahlul Bayt (as). It's so important that your lineage has to be pure otherwise there are cent per cent chances of going awry here as well as in the hereafter.

Tu na Sunni banega na Shia banega , Mussalmaan ka awlaad hai Mussalmaan banega.

The children born of Sunni-Shia marriages will be neither Sunni nor Shia. They will be Muslims. Becasue their parents are Muslims.

Arn't you the guy who convert to sunnism when both parents were shia for a girl?

Oh my Allah this dunya is turning upside down and all you people worry about is this such stupid pety stuff

Shakes head.

i agree with you brother. we must look at each other as muslims and not as shia or sunnis. by doing so we will have a better bond of muslim brotherhood. i am a sunni but i never mention it, i look at myself as a muslim, and i have no problem marrying a shia girl. all i want my children to believe in Allah, i and the mom cud guide them how to be better muslims. and come on brothers lets not discriminate against each other by calling each other shia sunni. we are all worshipers of Allah. remember brothers muhammad and ali didnt teach us to fight among our brothers, and if we do fight with each other, how we gonna show our faces to ali and muhammad on the day of judgment. may Allah bless all of us.

Salaam Alaikum Sister's.

I have a Question.

Any Shia sister here or any Shia sister you know who are married to a sunni are happy and your / their children are follower's of Ahlul Bayt (as) ..?

My Aunt was married to a Sunni man. Unfortunately only one out of four children was Shia. Rest of the three one son and two daughters are Sunni. Rather they do not like Azadari and other Shia rites and ceremonies. Therefore, i always oppose Shia-Sunni Marriages.

My Aunt was married to a Sunni man. Unfortunately only one out of four children was Shia. Rest of the three one son and two daughters are Sunni. Rather they do not like Azadari and other Shia rites and ceremonies. Therefore, i always oppose Shia-Sunni Marriages.

I see. Both practicing? How was each parents Knowledge about Islam?

salam to all brothers and sisters

i didnt know in which forum i can write my post bc i have 2 issues in front of myself

that connected to each other. by the way i want u all to help m.

im a shia girl with a very religious shia family. i met a boy 1 year ago who is originally pakistani

and sunni too. at first we were just a friend bt then we start loving each other so much and still we love

each other and want to marry bt u know i feel there is something wrong inside me. from one side i love him so much

from another side when im thinking about his leaders i meam abu bakkr and umar and ... i hate him.

he is a wonderfull boy and understand m so much, he never discuss with m about differencess in our religions

he believe w r mature and can find our true way and everyone is happy with his own religion.

at first i didnt have any problem bt now i cant, its hard for m to rise my childeren alone without their father company

bc he accepted that our childeren be in my religion.

now i think i have 2 ways: encourage him and guid him to become a shia, forget him forever :cry: bt its a nightmare for me.

i dont want to think about second option unless i dont have any solution for that.

so i want big help from you and tell me how i can do this, i mean guiding him bc i know its very difficult

and unfortunatly bc i was born as a shia i dont have so much information more than someone who converted to convince

him bc of that i want help from you.

i will be happy and thankful to know about ur ideas

salam to all brothers and sisters

i didnt know in which forum i can write my post bc i have 2 issues in front of myself

that connected to each other. by the way i want u all to help m.

im a shia girl with a very religious shia family. i met a boy 1 year ago who is originally pakistani

and sunni too. at first we were just a friend bt then we start loving each other so much and still we love

each other and want to marry bt u know i feel there is something wrong inside me. from one side i love him so much

from another side when im thinking about his leaders i meam abu bakkr and umar and ... i hate him.

he is a wonderfull boy and understand m so much, he never discuss with m about differencess in our religions

he believe w r mature and can find our true way and everyone is happy with his own religion.

at first i didnt have any problem bt now i cant, its hard for m to rise my childeren alone without their father company

bc he accepted that our childeren be in my religion.

now i think i have 2 ways: encourage him and guid him to become a shia, forget him forever :cry: bt its a nightmare for me.

i dont want to think about second option unless i dont have any solution for that.

so i want big help from you and tell me how i can do this, i mean guiding him bc i know its very difficult

and unfortunatly bc i was born as a shia i dont have so much information more than someone who converted to convince

him bc of that i want help from you.

i will be happy and thankful to know about ur ideas

ask him to come on here and ask ALL of his questions:)

regarding shia and sunni

you can't make someone convert, it's gotta come from them

ask him to come on here and ask ALL of his questions:)

regarding shia and sunni

you can't make someone convert, it's gotta come from them

u know when i want to discuss about that he always say w cant realize what is true and just ulma can do that bc they studying and searching for many years and know every thing better than us. how w can discuss when w dont know so much about every side of ISLAM. how i can push him to think about being wrong in this way?

do u know any pakistani sunni ulema who convert to shia? to motivate him to think about this issues

thanks so much