Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Baby Showers

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

ive never been 2 one, but i would lovvvvveeeee it :rolleyes: ermmm, i think if i was doing if for my sis or some1 really close i would just go over the top and get soome sort of list of what the couple need for the baby and tell the quests so they no what to buy so no one comes along with the same gifts.

what do u need help on?

• 3 months later...
(salam)

ohh so thats what a baby shower is... what i initially thought was the party is held to celebrate the occasion AFTER the baby is born (instead of before).. lol

Waalaikum Salam,

Brother when I heard about it, I thought it is about giving shower to a baby :lol: But never got the idea why it is done in front of many people :!!!: :P

• Advanced Member

its a party for the mom to be, she gets presents for herself or for the baby to be. the organizers usually plan games and stuff.

the last one i was at, the mom to be got like baby clothes and big huge toys, it was nice.

one thing to remember is if she has a kid from before, get something for that kid instead, cuz he/she will feel left out... and most likely cry/throw a tantrum :P ive seen it happen

the other one i was at, was much bigger, more ppl, etc. and they had games and stuff but if u have games u have to keep everyone organized, its harder wen theres a lot of people.

• Advanced Member

salam

oh i just looooveee baby showers!!! :wub:

they are so fun, i actually just came back from my sis in law's baby shower :D. we decorated the place with lots of pink [pink tool, pink rattles and pink toys etco] and played games like baby bingo, and guess how big her tummy is, and one raffle game. it was all a lot of fun and then we cut a cake and had dinner. plus she was registered at babies r us so people just bought her gifts from the registry.

so thats all one does at a baby shower, and its a relief i am sure to get all that stuff for your baby, especially if this is your first one :)

happy showering! :P

• Advanced Member

salams

from what i have seen in baby showers, gifts for the new baby are given to the parents, games in groups are played such as:

Babies first words (token given to a right answer)

dress a person in the group as a baby then have a run way show(prize given)

Guess the width of the mother carrying the child/ren

& most importantly food =)

all in all baby showers are fun :)

• Advanced Member

^^^ I am sitting here ever so glad I have not ever had to play any of the games at baby showers you just spoke of, lol. Here we just eat there is always a huge cake and ice cream and whatnot, the representitive of the mother to be registers what gifts she wants or needs at a store of her choosing, tells everyone who is invited what store, then the people who want to purchase gifts can see (online these days) what was already purchsed from the list and what is still needed so there are not multiple items of the same type purchased. Since expectant mothers are usually young and the couple just starting out in life the baby shower is a way for the couple to be able to afford the necessary start-ups you need when you are first bringing a new baby into the home and it is always a great excuse to have a party!

Most people bring diapers, and a new outfit. With the expense of disposable diapers this is usually the best thing to buy. Some women these days are simply asking for only diapers, saying they care for no other gifts!

• Advanced Member

in india it is known as "godd bharai"

it is usually done during 1st pregnancy mostly after 5th or 7th month

it is celebrated among ladies only.....(the to be mother is gifted with some cash and clothes)

after the function there is a delicious feast like biryaani, samosa, sweets, etc !!!!!!!!!!

• Advanced Member

Baby Showers are fun! I went to one when I was in CA and they had like, all these fun games for aunties LOL I had to watch aunties in shalwar kameezes jumpin around during the sack race... :lol:

Desi's have this thing too, I think it's called godh bharai or something...