Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Sucide

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

I agree with BintAlHoda - God helps those who help themselves. It might be a good idea to see a doctor, counselor, or therapist, as there may be something more than just feeling hopeless going on. Feelings of hopelessness, despair, and lack of motivation are often just symptoms of bigger problems, from a chemical imbalance to a physical ailment, or even suppressed emotional issues that can be worked out with a therapist. I also highly recommend exercise - if you start feeling bad, go out and take a walk, go ride your bike, or go for a run - the endorphines that are released through exercise act as a mood elevator, and you'll feel better afterward. Plus, if you're outside, you can reflect on the beautiful nature that God created, and how God cares about each of these little plants, insects, trees, animals, clouds, etc - that we often take for granted. How much more then, would He care about you? I'd also recommend being around people as much as you can, focusing on others, helping others - you'll be amazed at how quickly you forget your own problems when you put yourself aside and turn your attention to others. Your problems may not seem quite so bad after spending some time with others, and you may feel in a lighter, happier mood.

I'm a brand-new revert to Islam, so I obviously have a vast amount to learn about duas, the Quran, and the teachings of Prophet Muhammad and the Ahl-Bait, but at the very least, whenever I feel depressed or down, I say the shahada to myself. I always feel better. I also remember all the sacrifices and hardships the Ahl-Bait suffered, and that makes me realize that my situation isn't so bad - if they can endure all that they did, surely I can handle my life.

I also wonder what is going on in your life to make you feel this down. Many times environmental, social, and other external factors can bring us down and make us lose hope. They can also easily distract us from God if we spend so much time thinking and worrying about everything. Remember that God is in control of all that, and how we handle our lives is a test of our faith in God. I would also advise you to not put God 'in a box' by telling Him that you expect an answer of whether or not He heard your prayers. Instead of commanding God to act in a certain way, you should simply ask God to help you - to help you through this difficult time, to help you have faith, to help you believe in Him, to help you find hope, etc. etc.

I wish you the best, and I hope what I and the other posters have said will help in some way. I'm so glad that you reached out for help before making a tragic mistake.

• Advanced Member
What if one commits suicide ? Will he be thrown straight into hell ? Even if he is very pious , read quran daily , pray , fast in shabban and rajab , pray tahajud , namaz imam - e- zamana , zairat warsa ? all daily .. Just curious to know

Just ask yourself. Did Janabe Zainab commit suicide after Kerbala, or did any of the survivors after Kerbala try to commit suicide?What could happen worse than what happened with them?

If you check out the lives of people,you will find many who should have committed suicide by now, but they haven't, then why are you losing hope? You need a psychiatrist alongwith prayers, as he will give you medicines to get out of depression and Allah(S.W.T) will make those medicines effective for you and make you have a positive outlook towards life.

I also face depression, but suicide is not a solution. Bro, I understand what you are going through.

Edited by Hopeful
  • Veteran Member
I'm free to give my opinions on this public forum. And don't call me [edited] bana....its a personal insult which is unislamic, which kind of makes you look hypocritical whilst trying to give 'Islamic' advice at the same time.

And Jund - this topic is about suicide, not about what I am.

Hey, Editor,,, why don't you edit out the word "hypocritical" as well,

she's basically calling me a hypocrite. isn't that worse than calling someone "stupid" ????

Edited by Muslim Queen
  • Basic Members

Nobody on this planet faced more depression, hardship then the Imams/Prophet (a.s.) or the Holy family in general. These people had to spread the word of Allah around, knowing the consequences if they did not, and the consequences they could face from others.

I mean if anyone thinks there life is bad, im sure there is always somebody worse off then you. If you are going to commit suicide because you think your life is a mess, your leaving this world, and entering hell. I mean would you rather be miserable for another 20-30years, or burn in hell forever? I bet I know what option I would take.

What could possibly make you want to commit suicide? Money? A girl? Family? Im really confused here. I know people in debt 500 000$ and they never think of suicide.

• Advanced Member
Hey, Editor,,, why don't you edit out the word "hypocritical" as well,

she's basically calling me a hypocrite. isn't that worse than calling someone "stupid" ????

Chill dude...urs was a 'personal attack' as the mod put it....my comment was not. B)

• Advanced Member
Salam brothers

Thanx for every kind words.Im trying hard to get life back on track.

Thanx again

Khudda hafiz

salam

Praise be to Allah that is good to hear may Allah bless you and help you with every issue that may arise, and life will get back on track for you inshallah may you truly be blessed

• Advanced Member

salam, danishaskar you mentioned something about worried of committing a thousand sins, which i doubt is that high but i'd guess it's around 5 bad acts in different categories. well here is the deal pick the most severe and bad act you think you'll committ and ask earnestly to God to help you with that, for example oh Allah i sincerly ask thee to help me in my struggle with smoking and go on day by day living that situation and see wheere it goes. if you want help from god in this way then you have to take all the other stuff out of your head, because you will get too worked out on it.