Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Jaf

What Is Scientology

Rate this topic

well if you are a regular web surfer you would notice immense online advertisement of Scientology, last year i briefly went through their article posted on wikipedia after when i came to know that 'tom cruise' is now a follower of this religion... i would be interested to learn more on this ideology what seemed to me when i went through wikipedia article that it's founder was a famous science fiction writer and this religion or whatever is very close to a science fiction as well, they believe we arrived here on earth from another planet through ' spaceship ' and they dropped us here :o .... this really seems utter nonsense to me... however anyone could share more about this faith or anyone has met a real follower of Scientology ... they claim to be the fastest growing religion in the world... :o

The only way to understand Scientology properly is to get to know Hubbard's biography. He is the founder and he came up with absolutely everything in this cult and his motives are known. watch this on youtube and you will know everything:

Secret Lives: L. Ron Hubbard

well, like i said, you have to get to know the man behind it in order to understand the whole phenomenon. Before Scientology he used to be a science-fiction author, then he wrote a quasi-psychological book which he later developed into a whole self-help system called dianetics..and eventually he came up with the idea that he will make loads of money and power if he blends it all into one system and present it as a religion (tax exemptions for religious organisations had a lot to do with it).. so like i said, if you want to understand scientology you need to study Hubbard's life, because Scientology is all about him. watch the video.

scientology is the modern re-marketed "mormonism". they both overlap at far too many wacky beliefs for it to be a coincidence.

Hubbard himself had nothing to do with mormonism. He took his ideas from all sorts of places and came up with a lot of stuff of his own. There were no mormon leaders pulling strings in this case.

yea i today first time visited their official website, it was totally commercially motivated, asking people to buy his book to learn damn how foolish people can get who buy this idea

I think it was founded in 1952, and the initial aim was to be 'secular', later on did Hubbard claim it was a religion. I've read a few books on it, but quite honestly all I came away with was that it's a mere cult.

anyone who watches the series "my name is earl" look away now....

about 90% of the cast, crew and writers are ALL scientologists, the themes of the series are all based on scientology principles, its funded by scientologists AND is getting more and more open about its scientology-ness as the series continues!!!

dammit man i LOVE that series :(

Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes, Kelly Preston, John Travolta, Nacncy Cartwright... blah blah blah.. the list goes on are all Scientologists.

yea right, only thing that attracted me to know what the hell this thing is .... Tom cruise when i learnt ... however he converted to this religion when he married a woman who was scientologist ... however they are really advertising in a fashion like any other Commercial enterprise .... it's not hard to figure what their motives are .... anyone with an iota of wisdom can figure that they want to make money they want more and more money outta people who visit their websites

What!?! No way! Bart Simpson a scientologist!?!?!? :cry: :cry: :cry: My youth is coming back to life to kill itself :cry:

Yup thats the one :no:

anyone who watches the series "my name is earl" look away now....

about 90% of the cast, crew and writers are ALL scientologists, the themes of the series are all based on scientology principles, its funded by scientologists AND is getting more and more open about its scientology-ness as the series continues!!!

dammit man i LOVE that series :(

OMG really?!!? :o ....