Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Rawshni

A Sub-forum In The Health And Fitness Forum

Rate this topic

(salam)

Could it be possible to create Dialogue with DR Asad as a sub forum in the Heath and Fitness Forum. He is trained researcher and we can benefit a lot from his reseraching skills and knowledge to gain awareness of health issues.

The benfits would be:

Individual Health issues could get their own individual topics and would not get lost in one un-manageable thread..

The quality of the inpit from the doc would greatly enhance the standard of the Health and Fitness Forum

Discussions on individual issues could be more wide ranging

Better, more cogent, classified posting by members

Easy to locate information

____

Give it a thought

Thank you

Edited by Rawshni

^

He will find time. He like helping people. Just see the amount of effort he put into the Down's Syndrome thing.

Then, this is going to something to gain awareness and information, with him already having access to stuff others would have to search for long. He is a professional researcher.

Finally, this isn't an emergency ward where we'll be going for consultation or immediate treatment.

Simply making available knowledge.

bechara Doctor .... this poor lad i am afraid would be toooo busy ... Kion Doctor sab hein na :D pir mera bhi aik sub-forum ho ga .... where i would give all the good tips for living happily ;)

Too late to genetically transmutate you into anything.

He cannot experiment on us. He will be providing raw info, it will be up to us how we use it.

The idea is to use him as a valuable resource person since he is here. He has spent at leat ten to dozen years research health issues, the past three or four very intensive.

We all can benefit.

^ yea it's good idea to ask him all the questions now i am sure when he would be back to Karachi he would be charging darn $$$$$ for that :lol:

acha yaad aya,, britney spears was supposed to tour his facility Asab sab wou mubarik ghari ayi kah nahi? :huh:

Edited by Jaf

(bismillah) (salam) ,

Thank you sister Rawshni and dear brother and sisters in imaan! I will be more then happy to share what I have learn and to add to my knowledge..... Jaffy, that was just a joke, if she comes into my lab, do you think i would get a chance to do research. It will be all flashes and paprazz :dry:

I agree, it would really enrich the shiachat experience for everyone and add yet another feather in sc's cap why we stand head and shoulders above all over forums :)

He cannot, unless he is a psychologist or psychoanalyst, which he is not. His field is Pharmacology and Therapeutics; to experiment on anybody he would need their physical presence at his lab, or have them as volunteers to some clinical trials programme, both of which possibilities are too far a cry to be any real risk.

I support the idea. Dr Asad is is a God-gifted scholar and a very intelligent man. We can benefit from his wealth of knowledge no doubt. He puts an enormous amount of effort when asked about something and I have seen people learning a lot from him and so have I.

(bismillah) (salam) ,

Thank you sister Rawshni and dear brother and sisters in imaan! I will be more then happy to share what I have learn and to add to my knowledge..... Jaffy, that was just a joke, if she comes into my lab, do you think i would get a chance to do research. It will be all flashes and paprazz :dry:

so you take martial arts :squeez:

I take boxing and mixed martial arts (2 seprate classes not 1 :squeez: )

I'd like to get in the ring with you some day and if im losing maybe pull an illegal move :shaytan:

What if he experiments on us? (part of his research)

It would be fun if he would genetically mutate me into a superhuman. :P

I am not intersted in human in vivo experiments, tooooooooooooooooooOOOOoooo many legal glitches and it is just such a pain in the @$$ :squeez:

Inspired by spider man :D

:o :unsure: :mellow: Hmm...possibly.....

Nah, no worries :dry:

He cannot, unless he is a psychologist or psychoanalyst, which he is not. His field is Pharmacology and Therapeutics; to experiment on anybody he would need their physical presence at his lab, or have them as volunteers to some clinical trials programme, both of which possibilities are too far a cry to be any real risk.

Yup, true. Doing human trails is very very difficult, in fact 1 out of 100, 000 (with error range of my brain recall) drug make it to the phase clinical trial (1-IV, human). I personally would avoid gettign involve into that scenario, but if I have to do, I will make sure that they for good. No worries fellows :)

I support the idea. Dr Asad is is a God-gifted scholar and a very intelligent man. We can benefit from his wealth of knowledge no doubt. He puts an enormous amount of effort when asked about something and I have seen people learning a lot from him and so have I.

Shukran Akhi, I am just a student.....

so you take martial arts :squeez:

I take boxing and mixed martial arts (2 seprate classes not 1 :squeez: )

I'd like to get in the ring with you some day and if im losing maybe pull an illegal move :shaytan:

I am learning that as well and you don't wanna square off with me :o

The idea of health related awareness on very basic and very common issues through experts is appreciable.

But this is NOT to endorse any sort of e-help. Dr. Asad-77, with all his expertise aside, is not a replacement for a qualified expert in real-time.

I even advise my friends who seek distance medical help as minor as multi-vitamin tabs or follic acid etc to go their regular tested physicians for advice.

Edited by Scylla

You are absolutely spot on.

The purpose of the Dialogue and proposed sub-forum is to make available awareness and information in general.

Thjis is NOT ongoing to be an online clinic.

There is a lot about many issues that ASad can tell us; the intention isto learn that.

The idea of health related awareness on very basic and very common issues through experts is appreciable.

But this is NOT to endorse any sort of e-help. Dr. Asad-77, with all his expertise aside, is not a replacement for a qualified expert in real-time.

I even advise my friends who seek distance medical help as minor as multi-vitamin tabs or follic acid etc to go their regular tested physicians for advice.

I agree and I am not prescribing any medicine to any one.... Purpose of my articles is to explain lucidly, what is a particular disease, how it work and what possibly could be done to prevent, cure or avoid it. I am no expert in any thing, I am a student of Science and will be one till I die, Insha Allah!

Insha Allah you can keep track of my article, I back it up with proper references and give full credit to the original authors. You may also notice I just don't cut and paste from any website, I pick the ones that are the best known for the reliable data and from the most prestigious scientific journals. Please feel free to ask or point out any mistakes I have made :) I would seek pardon if I mislead any one, but chances of that are rare... Any ways than you and wish you good luck!

Asad, I dont intend to give any impression of high brow critic here. Lot of people have confidence in you and that must be for some reason.

For awareness programs to be successful, one has to work on the question how is something relevant to us. I hope you'd be addressing that in someway or the other. And I just dont know how you get the time to write all that stuff after doing what you do the whole day.

Online boards should be pure innocent FUN. :P

Wish you success too. :)

Salams,

We used to have an official doc.. Dr. Dani, answer questions in the "Ask the Doc" forum..

Are you officially a doc? :D What's your field?

Asad will anser fore himself but no, he is not a doctor, nor is the proposed sub forum envisaged to be a professional QA thingy.

Asad is PhD who researches new drugs.

The proposal is to create awareness about diseases about usually there is more chaff than grain out there.

Asad's profession as researcher in pharmacology and therapeutics gives him access to a lot much information which he can share with us here.

___

Your official medic was Doctor Danish-- Shiamed

Salams,

We used to have an official doc.. Dr. Dani, answer questions in the "Ask the Doc" forum..

Are you officially a doc? :D What's your field?

Alaikum Us Salam,

I am not an MD (Doctor of Medicine) or MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and a Bachelor of Surgery) nor I really wish to be one :mellow: Below are my credentials:

1) B.S., Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry

2) M.S., Organic Chemistry

3) M.S., Analytical/Forensic Chemistry

4) Ph.D., BioAnalytical Chemistry

5) Ph.D., Pharmaceutical Sciences (Drug development and delivery) (Current)

6) Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current)

I basically do every thing with medicine and hence happen to know little bit about diseases, how they happen and what could be done to cure and prevent it :)

BTW, I think I am very officially a Doctor (Philosophiæ Doctor) x 2, Insha Allah and you never know 2 may go over, if I don't get married ^_^

(bismillah) ,

Thank you sister :) Well, what you have written is heart ranching and I pray that your friend finds the cure soon! As per material you have provided, I believe she has one or multiple Neurological Disorders perhaps Neuromuscular/Motor Neuron Disorder! Ask you friend to see a neurologist (for the root cause) and an Pathologist or immunologist for the caused disorders! I cannot write you name of a drug as they needed to be prescribed and may or may not suit your friend!

Thank you. I know you cannot prescribe anything - but if you hear of any new medications for the interestitial cystitis part could you let me know so she can explore it? I will ask if she has seen a neurologist and/or immunologist. I know that at one point they thought she had MS, but have since ruled that out.