Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

R.i.p Sister Asha

Rate this topic

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Advanced Member

May Allah bless her soul and grant her paradise

This is such sad news :( I questioned about her disappearance last week and I feared she would have passed away... God bless your soul sis Asha and may Allah protect and comfort your daughter

• Moderators

OK, thanks for the info

I'm upset about this. She deserved better than that.

I said this before and I'm saying it again now. So please take note.

IF A MUSLIM DIES ANYWHERE IN THE US OR CANADA AND THEY ARE NOT ABLE TO RECEIVE A PROPER BURIAL (because of lack of $ or no family to handle)

CONTACT ME (BY PM OR ANY OTHER WAY)!!!!

my email is jkassim99@gmail.com

I'll try to work out something. I have contacts here who handle these sorts of issues. Let's just put it that way.

Everyone please take note. I don't want this to happen again

Of course, if Sis Asha was a good muiminah (like I believe she was), she is better off than any of us right now and is receiving her reward from Allah(s.w.a)

That is not the point. If a muslim, and especially a shia man or women dies and their relatives don't know who to contact or how to give them A PROPER BURIAL

then that is a shame on our community and all of us. Walahi, the jews or christians would not have let this happen to one of theirs. Are they better than us?

Are we really that pathetic that their are 10 million of us in US/CANADA and something like this could happen? I wonder if someone has an answer to that.

I realize that I didn't know her personally and I don't live in the area, but someone should have taken care of this.

If they couldn't, they should have contacted someone who could. That's all I am saying. I am not blaming anyone

InshahAllah, they did the best they could. Allah Alim. Anyway, please make a note for next time. Salams,

Also,

Here is some info for you

www.islamicmemorialgardens.com, Islamic cemetary in Michigan. There is help available for burial arrangements and financing

I'll post more later...

• Advanced Member

^ i think the problem here was that sis Asha didn't have any muslim contacts in her life other than her online muslim contacts.....I may be wrong, but from what I've read on SC that seems to be the case. Even here, we were informed late July when a sis became inquisitive about her absence on the forum and she had actually passed away June 13th, so it was over a month before anyone here got to know about it.

You've highlighted a very important issue though, finances aside, what if a person's only muslim contact is with the online community? How can these things such as burial rights be dealt with better?

May Allah guide us all.

(salam)

• Site Administrators
If I disappear for some time, will someone please check up on me and my children?

Salams sis

A better way is to ensure that one of your kids knows whom to contact in an emergency. The contact person could be a reliable, trustworthy member of shiachat, someone who probably lives in your area/country/city.

Fi-Amanillah

• Site Administrators
My children don't even know how to use the phone, let alone send email and nobody Shia lives near me, let alone any member of shiachat!

Sis, Just share your phone number with someone like say ...... sis path. You guys can simply keep in touch and give each other a call every now and then. You can also keep a piece of paper with you which gives out the contact details of someone from shiachat in case of emergency and which has some sort of will...

(bismillah)

Salams sis

A better way is to ensure that one of your kids knows whom to contact in an emergency. The contact person could be a reliable, trustworthy member of shiachat, someone who probably lives in your area/country/city.

Fi-Amanillah

Sis, Just share your phone number with someone like say ...... sis path. You guys can simply keep in touch and give each other a call every now and then. You can also keep a piece of paper with you which gives out the contact details of someone from shiachat in case of emergency and which has some sort of will...

(salam)

ma'sha'Allah ta3ala my beloved brother, beautiful advices indeed.

• Advanced Member
My children don't even know how to use the phone, let alone send email and nobody Shia lives near me, let alone any member of shiachat!

Teach them how to use it in case of emergency, download skype and save all the important contact numbers there.. it's not that difficult I think, and children learn really fast. My son can already use computer and hes barely 3... but anyway sis...you're not ill or anything right? Inshallah you'll live long until your children grow up and get married.. :wub:

• Moderators

Sis Smiley (and others in this situation)

I think you should figure out which of your contacts lives the closest to you (even if that's 100s of miles away)

and stay in contact with that person on a regular basis. Also, give your kids this person's phone #.

You can't imagine how upset I would be (and many others here) if this happened to you.

I couldn't sleep last night because of this situation.

Please, Please, do this. You never know what will happen tomorrow.

None of us could have imagined a few months ago that we would be making this thread

If I am calculating correctly, I think Sis Path is the closest to you (based on my information)

Obviously she is a very reliable sis to handle this sort of situation.

Again, if anyone is in a similar situation to Sis Smiley, please do the same thing.

As long as one of your close reliable relatives or children can get ahold of one of us, we'll take it from there

Of course, I also think that making arrangements, such as making a legal will and purchasing a burial site will

make things alot easier on the ones who are doing the arrangements, and will ensure that your wishes are

carried out to the letter.

• Advanced Member

^I think we need to concentrate on the rest who will depart eventually, as indeed we all will. Some of us are lucky and belong to an organisation that will, at the very least, bury us, even though they may not be there during our lifetime. The rest are not so fortunate and I think this is an excellent idea i.e. establishing contact. Perhaps a separate topic could be created and pinned on the convert forumn?

• Advanced Member

I just read the entire thread. Subhanaallah my heart aches so much right now. May Allah forgive sister Asha of all her sins and reward her many times for her good deeds. May she be raised to a high place and jannah and May Allah protect and guide her daughter. I never got to know her on a personal level but her posts were filled with wisdom, thought, and passion. Her website is also a great testament as she was someone who fought against injustice. Lupus is a very difficult disease to live with and I hope she's in a better place now.

Abu Hadi makes an excellent point. Unfortunately, even if people contact a masjid for burial they may be DENIED!! subhanAllah. So I'd suggest all of us, including myself seriously make arrangements and get our wills written out so that when we die (and we can die at any second) there is a plan in place for ourselves and our children and our families. May Allah give us a long healthy life.

Edited by Madre de Zahra

• Moderators
I just read the entire thread. Subhanaallah my heart aches so much right now. May Allah forgive sister Asha of all her sins and reward her many times for her good deeds. May she be raised to a high place and jannah and May Allah protect and guide her daughter. I never got to know her on a personal level but her posts were filled with wisdom, thought, and passion. Her website is also a great testament as she was someone who fought against injustice. Lupus is a very difficult disease to live with and I hope she's in a better place now.

Abu Hadi makes an excellent point. Unfortunately, even if people contact a masjid for burial they may be DENIED!! subhanAllah. So I'd suggest all of us, including myself seriously make arrangements and get our wills written out so that when we die (and we can die at any second) there is a plan in place for ourselves and our children and our families. May Allah give us a long healthy life.

Salam Alekum,

I'll tell you what, if someone contacts a masjid for this purpose, and they are denied, I think it would be appropriate for that person (not people who hear it second hand because that would be gheeba) to post the name of the masjid (including location), the person they talked to, and the alim that is in charge of that masjid. I haven't heard of someone being directly turned down (as this is one of the main purposes of a masjid and those who work there should know this), but I have heard of people getting the 'run around' and then some prominent members of the community having to interceed on their behalf.

I will say this, for all the faults of the Dearborn community (and there are many), if Sis Asha lived in this area, I can gurantee 99.9% this would not have happened. There have been similar situations to hers that happened here and were taken care of, with a little drama in between, but the point is that they were taken care of. We do a good job of handling births, weddings, and deaths. It's the parts in between that many here can't seem to handle.

• Advanced Member

I completely agree with bro Abu Hadi.

Please, anybody who needs, please contact me so that if something happens to you, a Muslim is there for support and knows how to do things properly. My heart has seriously just broken into a million pieces after reading that she was cremated... and against her own wishes! The friend very clearly states in the message that sis Asha didn't want her burial to be this way.

Subhan'Allah, this is really sad. May Allah (swt) forgive all of us for this... I feel like I've failed in my duty to her.

*sigh*

Insha'Allah this will not happen to any one of us.

Wasalaam

• Moderators
Perhaps, someone you could ask Brother Simba. As he was explaining to me that an organzation can't burry someone who hasnt paid their burial fees... ? perhaps in another topic ?

In short, the masjid either pays for the burial (for that person) from sadaqat that has been allocated for this purpose, or a collection is taken from the community and the cemetary extends credit to a community orgaization that is collecting the funds. This happens all the time here.

I don't want to go into details, as this is OT for this thread( I started another thread in 'General Discussions'). If anyone wants more info, we can start another thread about it.

May Allah(s.w.a) shower his blessings and mercy on Sis Asha, her daughter, and her family during this time of trials and may Allah(s.w.a) and Sis Asha forgive us for failing her during this crucial time.

Edited by Abu Hadi

In one of her messages to me few months back, she expressed that her only concern was her daughter and what would become of her after she's gone.

My advice for all reverts/converts -- who are in virtual isolation -- is to try their level best to integerate in mainstream muslim communities for their sake and for their childrens sake.

My plea to all immigrants -- of non-western ethnicities -- is to be a lot more accomodating.

Edited by Ibn-e-Reza

It's disgraceful and disgusting that a person could be treated this way. There seriously needs to be some kind of convert outreach programme, with three main purposes:

1) Help new converts settle into muslim life, help them integrate into a community and make friends.

2) Help them find someone to marry.

3) Help them after death.

On my to do list....

• Moderators

I talked to my father-in-law last night. He is an alim. He said that there is a certain kind of Salat Al Mayyit that you can do without the body being present.

He did this Salat on the soul of Sis Asha last night.

• Advanced Member
It's disgraceful and disgusting that a person could be treated this way. There seriously needs to be some kind of convert outreach programme, with three main purposes:

1) Help new converts settle into muslim life, help them integrate into a community and make friends.

2) Help them find someone to marry.

3) Help them after death.

On my to do list....

Keep us updated on what you get started, and let us know where we can help.

I talked to my father-in-law last night. He is an alim. He said that there is a certain kind of Salat Al Mayyit that you can do without the body being present.

Thank you, brother. I feel better knowing that.

• Advanced Member

Thank you so much for letting us know. Inshallah her soul will sense it somehow :(

that was very kind of your father in law..