Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

R.i.p Sister Asha

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

My Goodness ! What a brave lady MashaAllah.... what shud I now say after reading Sis. Ruqayah and Sis. phoenix posts. I knew her but not so much may b I wasn't here much when she was active... that was a great loss indeed :cry:

I'm worried abt her daughter a lot Bro/Sis. can we get some info abt her please :(

Wassalam.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veteran Member

Inna Lillahay Wa Inna Ilaehe Rajeyoon.

It seems from some earlier posts that she was in poor health.

May God grant her the peace that so much eluded her in her life.

If there is any news of her daughter, will someone please post it here.

We hope and pray to God that she is suitably taken care of.

• Basic Members

Assalamu 'alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh dear Sister Asha.

I was deeply saddened on hearing of your recent tragic passing. You truly were a unique human being, with inner-qualities and character traits that are truly a rarity in the world of today’s society.

Never, in my life have I come across a human being with such wondrous qualities of warmth, compassion, benevolence, selflessness and generosity.

I consider you to be the personification of pure altruism, always placing others before yourself. If given a choice between an action, that produced a great benefit for yourself, and an action that would produce no benefit for yourself, but a small benefit for someone else, you would do the second.

However alongside these altruistic qualities, you also carried yourself with such courage, bravery, determination and fearlessness. Your constant battle with your illnesses, along with your unrelenting efforts to make society a “better place”, are truly a source of great inspiration.

I remember, my last ever conversation with you, where you said:

“i don't know that i can offer any help but i can certainly empathize. in all my life (44 years) this is the thing i have struggled with the most from the perspective of things i can totally control. i give til it hurts, then i find that i am not really helping anyone because I spread myself too thin. Then when my health problems prevent me from helping, i get nasty letters and even though i don't do it for personal gain, it still hurts when the people you have helped the most are those who treat you the worst. I'm dealing with that right now. But the one thing I do know is that if we aren't taking care of ourselves, then we can't be any good for anyone else.

I wish you the best brother. You sound like someone that anyone would be blessed to have in their lives.”

This clearly shows that you were a unique rarity. Battling a life-threatening illness, alongside offering the fruits of your wisdom and generosity to an unappreciative egoistical society, can’t have been easy. But Allah (SWT), witnesses all, and surely He shall reward you for your actions:

Imam Ja'far as-Sadiq (a.s.) said:

"One who responds to the entreaties of his believing brother in difficulties and makes him glad and helps him and fulfils his needs; then seventy two bounties become incumbent for him from Allah. One of these bounties is given to him in this world so that it can solve his worldly problems and the other seventy one are stored for him to remove the dread and difficulties of the Hereafter."

(Wasaelush Shia)

Imam Ja'far as-Sadiq (a.s.) has also said:

"If a person tries to fulfil the need of a believer and he completes it, the Almighty Allah writes in the scroll of deeds the rewards of a Hajj and Umra and Ihtikaaf of two months in Masjidul Haraam and fasts of two months. But if the need is not completely fulfilled the reward of one Hajj and Umra is written."

(Al Amr bil Ma'roof)

Imam Hassan (a.s.) said,

'I have not forgotten, but I have heard my father say that the Holy Prophet (s.a.w.s.) had said, "One who tries to fulfil the needs of his believing brother is as if he has for 9000 years fasted during the days and prayed during the nights.'

As the old Italian proverb goes:

“It is better to live one day as a lion than a hundred years as a sheep”.

This truly was a principle that you abided by, throughout your life. I only wish there were more like you, in today’s society, who also abided by such moral principles.

Your presence both in the virtual world of Shia Chat and in the real world shall forever be missed.

However the radiant light of your character shall be a source of inspiration to us all, forever more.

Until we meet again in the hereafter of paradise Insha’Allah……………

Wa alaykum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

Your brother.

"Verily, To Allah We belong, and To Him is Our Return"

Assalamu 'alaykum wa rahmatullah my dear brothers and sisters.

I would like to offer you all my sincere condolences, on what can only be considered a truly difficult time for us all at the least. However amongst us, is a human being whose suffering is unequivocal. The sole child of Sister Asha. This child has had to suffer the tragic death of a mother, at such a young age. I am extremely concerned for her well-being. I feel that we should take a leaf from the book of morality, that sister Asha abided by all her life, and ensure that this daughter is well-taken care of. We must not rest, until we find that an individual perhaps from amongst Sister Asha’s friends and family has taken on the noble responsibility of looking after the child. The first step is to contact “Pam”, the lady who made this announcement on the myspace page.

It is our moral duty to ensure the well-being of Sister Asha’s daughter.

Words must be turned into action, as soon as possible.

“I give til it hurts……… though i don't do it for personal gain”
- Sister Asha - December 2007.

(bismillah)

(salam)

"I was born and raised Catholic, though not in a very pious family. At the age of five, I had a revelation that the Catholic belief in the trinity is false. You probably know that is a fundamental belief of Catholics so I struggled for years trying to convince myself of the validity of the trinity. However, I kept going back to the fact that this revelation came to me when I was five, and it was not due to any outside influences who were trying to influence my thinking. In fact, at that point I didn't know anyone who was not Christian. So I believe this came from Allah." (2007, 20, sep late sister Asha)

This is the beginning of the first pm she wrote to me after I had asked her whether she was a newly convert at that time as I was a pretty new convert at that time, this only shows what a blessed soul she was ma'sha'Allah ta3ala, she was five years old and get a vision, a revelation, a miracle of Allah, may Allah bless us others with the Mercy and Light her heart possessed and may she be forgiven her sins and granted eternal paradise and no torment nor any hellfire.

Brother fiasco, you should have linked a halal farewell song, an Islamic nasheed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9HIEZN7XHk...feature=related

Or maybe an Islamic short movie about death:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzEzoTm4JoA (soon I will upload it with translation in'sha'Allah)

Or maybe the reminding of the Ever-Greatness of Allah Ta3ala!

BROTHERS AND SISTERS, why are you all still so sad, think about how much this beautiful soul suffered in this life and yet lived life lika a Lioness of Allah, today she is in'sha'Allah free from all of that:D

May Allah bless her with paradise, and may her daughter be in reliable and merciful and caring hands and may she also walk the path of the beheaded Imam of the oppressed, peace be upon him, and Allah bless all oppressed brothers and sisters and may we all be forgiven our sins and guided to the straight path.

Allahu Akbar

Allahu Akbar

Allahu Akbar, Takbir!

• Veteran Member

(salam)

Me and a few other ShiaChatters are here in Iran right now and decided to check out the forum and this is the first thing we read at the top and we are all shocked here. I'm so sorry to hear about her death, as far as I know she had a little daugther as well.

Innalilahi Wa Innailiahi Rajioon. We will keep her in our prayers in Masjid Jamkaran and at the haram of Bibi Masooma Qum (sa).

• Advanced Member

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raaje'oun!

Sad to hear this, Inshallah will pray for her at the Haram of Lady Masooma . I did not know her that well but she was a very nice person and always spoke compassionately with others.

May Allah bless her soul!

• Advanced Member

Salam Aleikum!

I sent one of her friends on myspace a message asking about her daughter and burial...

(well actually, sis armans wife sent it for me because the verification code wasnt working for me)

and this is the reply I got,:

thank you so much yes I was very close to carla and she died on friday june 13 and from what we know she died of congestive heart failure.. and no she didn't get that buriel she wanted but a nice service none the less she was cremated her daughter cheyanna is ok she is with carla's mom .. yes carla was a damn good woman and we know that she's fighting new battles in heaven ..........thanks for writing me........

WSalam.

• Advanced Member
^She was cremated???? Why on earth would they cremate her, even Christians don't do that :S

Maybe because the burial is more expensive because you have to pay for the grave space???

Cremation is awful, dead bodies are very sensitive to touch, let alone fire!!! She felt it all the way!!!!!!

:cry: God have mercy!! :cry:

• Banned

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE CONTACT THEIR MARJA TO UNDERSTAND IF THERE IS ANYTHING WE CAN DO FOR SOMEONE WHO HAS NOT RECIEVED A MUSLIM BURIAL AND CREMATED?!?! ANY DUAS, ANY THING AT ALL???

oh my god this is the god DAMNED worse thing ive ever heard....are they [Edited Out]ING stupid?!?!?!?!

(salam)

Surely Allah tests and puts the best of people in hardest of situations because He wants to prove to the rest that they deserve a higher station in Heaven. That is why our Imams especially Imam Hussain were tested so hard and thats why sis Asha lived such a hard life and her cremation was just another test for her :cry:

Inshallah, higher of status, probably one of the 313.

• Advanced Member

This is such heartbreaking news, I've read some of her old posts and she came across as a warm and very compassionate person - I'll miss her terribly, it's a huge huge loss ( personal loss ), even though i've never had the good fortune to interact with her.

Dearest sis, may eternal peace be yours. Ameen.

• Advanced Member
^She was cremated???? Why on earth would they cremate her, even Christians don't do that :S

Do you think all Christians really follow the rules of their religion? Lots of people do cremation these days, not just Hindus. *sigh*

It's not her fault and InshAllah she won't suffer the consequences of it because she didn't choose to be cremated.

• Advanced Member

If it was her wish or if it was in her will that she wanted an Islamic Burial... but she didn't get it. what should be done?

should it be accepted that way?

I will try to find out from an alim- not my marja'but i have the contact number of this Alim in Najaf so I'm going to try to contact him and find out, InshaAllah.

if only she didnt get cremated- something could've possibly been done. =/

Whats done is done many muslim shuhadaa were burnt alive many times throughout history doesn't diminish their status or level of imaan and their good deeds. In fact it would be a sin to think that her status has diminished just because she was cremated against her knowledge or will.

(wasalam)

(bismillah)

(salam)

1:st of april she wanted to share this message with us as someone had shared it with her, so now I copy and paste her thread to you all in'sha'Allah ta3ala:

"Someone shared this with me and I want to share it with my shiachat family

I dreamt that I went to Heaven and an angel was showing me around. We walked side-by-side inside a large workroom filled with angels.

My angel guide stopped in front of the first section and said, "This is the Receiving Section. Here, all petitions to Allah said in prayer are

Received."

I looked around in this area, and it was terribly busy with so many angels sorting out petitions written on voluminous paper from people all over the world.

Then we moved down a long corridor until we reached the second section.

The angel said to me, "This is the Packaging and Delivery Section. Here, the blessings the people asked for are processed and

delivered to the living persons who asked for them."

I noticed again how busy it was there. There were many angels working hard at the station since so many blessings had been requested and were being packaged for delivery to the people on Earth.

Finally at the farthest end of the long corridor we stopped at a door of a very small station. To my great surprise, only one angel was

seated, idly doing nothing. "This is the Acknowledgment Section," my angel friend quietly admitted to me. He seemed embarrassed. U asked, "How is it that there is no work going on here?"

"So sad," the angel sighed. "After people receive the blessings that they asked for, very few send back acknowledgments thanking Allah for their blessings."

"How does one properly acknowledge Allah's blessings?" I asked.

"Simple," the angel replied. "Just say, 'Thank you, Allah.' He knows what's in your heart."

"What blessings need to be acknowledged?" I asked.

"If you have food in the refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof overhead and a place to sleep you are richer than 75% of this world.

If you have money in the bank or in your wallet or spare change in a dish, you are among the top 8% of the world's wealthy ."

"And if you get this on your own computer, you are part of the 1% in the world who has that opportunity."

Also ......

" If you woke up this morning with more health than illness you are more blessed than the many who cannot play with their children or will not even survive this day ."

"If you have never experienced the fear in battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation, you

are more fortunate than 700 million people in the world."

"If you can attend a mosque or church without the fear of harassment, arrest, torture or death, then you are envied by and more blessed than over three billion people in the world."

"If your parents are still alive and still married you are very rare and fortunate person."

"If you can hold your head up, smile and feel happy.....you are not of the norm. You're unique to the majority of those in doubt and despair."

"If you can read this message, you just received a double blessing in that someone cares about you and thinks you are special. Plus, you are more blessed than over two billion people in the world who cannot read at all."

ATTN: Acknowledge Department from Asha: Thank you Allah for everything you have blessed me with. A special thank you for giving me the ability to share this message and for giving me so many wonderful brothers and sisters to share it with."

(Sister Asha 01/08-08

I didnt know Sis Asha all that well, but her posts were always very thoughtful and challenging. Inshallah, we will all pick up right where we left off in our conversations and discussions when we see her again, resting in the peace of the next world.

May Allah make her transition easy, as her pain in this world is now gone.

• Banned

ATTN: Acknowledge Department for Asha

Thank you Allah for allowing us to benefit from her company, her warmth, her spirit and her humanity, to have known her only for a short time is better than to not have known her at all. her whole life was a struggle and pain, her death was too, and even in burial her trials did not finish.

Ya Allah thank you, and please....let her cremation be the last suffering she has to endure in this life or the next. truly i dont know of anyone who deserves to be wished "rest in peace".

:cry:

• Advanced Member

Al-Fatiha

Innaa Lillaah wa innaa Ileihi rajioon, la haula walaa quwwata illaa Billaahil Aliyyul Adeem. Hasbiollaahu wal ni'mal wakiil.

May Allah forgive her sins, and let her enter paradise, in sha'a Allah. May Allah bless her and her daughter in sha'a Allah.