In the Name of God بسم الله

I Eat My Fries With...

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salam,

Well I know most people in US eat their fries with the boring ketchup. Dutch people eat their fries with a lot of different sauce and my favourite sauce is mayo with peanut sauce sprinkled with onion. Its heavenly... :D so delicious

post-14862-1217430040_thumb.jpg

Now I know many of you will say that it's not healthy but fries are healthy if you eat is as a meal, not as a snack.. and of course, you shouldn't eat it too often :)

post-14862-1217430055_thumb.jpg

fries with mayo

post-14862-1217430080_thumb.jpg

Fries, mayo, and ketchup

and there are other types of sauce like curry sauce and sauce they made up so I don't know the names :D

post-14862-1217430105_thumb.jpg

Ok for any of your french fry junkies out there, if you prefer them spicy, might i take the liberty to recommend a very quick recipe.

Take a between 1 and 2 T Sp of Margarine.

Heat in frying pan for a couple of minutes until margarine melts. Not too hot.

Add french fries in frying pan

sprinkle spanish paprika on the fries (add to taste - maybe 1 teaspoon's worth)

stir fry for a couple of minutes

et voila.....you have poussin chips kenyan style.

• Advanced Member

Those photos are totally unappealing. :sick:

I sometimes use ketchup, if the fries are not that good and they need to have their taste covered up. Usually I have my fries plain, or with just a little salt, or for some kinds of fries, salt, brown vinegar, and ketchup. Mayo on fries is like eating a bread sandwich to me. Why would you want to put more grease on an already greasy food?

• Advanced Member

this is kinda off-topic....so i apologize in advance mrs. Arman

^psht you even have to add a pakistani twist with the masala and hot sauce with fries?? :P

umm...

just ketchup with pepper :D

mayo+fries?? :Hijabi:

doesn't sound too appealing

yea.....whats wrong with adding pakistani twist to fries, it aint like y'all canadians own fries :dry:

• Advanced Member
this is kinda off-topic....so i apologize in advance mrs. Arman

yea.....whats wrong with adding pakistani twist to fries, it aint like y'all canadians own fries :dry:

we don't own it...apparently, the "frenchies" own them

but..its so ironic since french fries were originally invented in Belgium not french...soo it should be called belgian fries, not french fries :dry:

:blush: sorry for the off-topicness

• Advanced Member
I have fries daily lol ! Usually with barbecue sauce, taco sauce, or melted cheese.

I'm not a fan of ketchup..

Melted cheese??? Hmm.. I'd love melted cheddar cheese on em

I like that too, it's not healthy but I usually don't eat them anyway

Hot sauce is good too, and also vinegar is good like Smiley said

Or mixing mayonaise and ketchup (perhaps side by side)

Yeah.. I mixed mayo with ketchup too AND sprinkled onion.. It's better actually

I used to eat my fries with ketchup only until I came to Holland and I fell in love with the mayo and peanut sauce on my fries. Seriously it's soo yummy... you ketchup eater don't know what you're missing..

tourists that visited Amsterdam and ate fries would know what I mean.. :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member
Don't eat fries with mayyonnaise. You will become a redneck.

seriously, its too much fat. its gonna kills ya man seriously dont done did this this gona hut u yanawameeeenbathat?

Some fat won't kill you. It's not like I eat fries everyday, I move a lot and I'm not fat and won't be anytime soon..

never had fries with vinegar, how does one do it? do sprinkle the vinegar on top or dip it in a small container of vinegar? what type of vinegar? doesnt that make the fries go soggy?

you sprinkle some vinegar on the fries just after you fried them, don't do too much vinegar... I use normal vinegar from store

ahnatuurazijn1.jpg

and no it wont make the fries soggy unless you sprinkle 1 glass of vinegar on top of it lol

• Advanced Member

I usually prefer them plain and salty or with melted cheese, not really a fan of ketchup. They can taste great with chaat masala and a side of chai though!

The best french fries I have ever had were from the Great Steak and Potato Company... Those fries are absolutely in a league of their own. They fry them in peanut oil and the combination of flavors is totally mind-blowing. :wub:

great_steak_img2a.jpg

• Advanced Member

salam,

i used to eat it with ketchup or in sizzlers with garlic/schezwan n other sauces but i dont eat it anymore. it wud still say its unhealthy...cos they taste grt lol.. n once u eat it its tempting so one cannot stop it .. my half of the days cals goes in tht fried stuff ... if its baked then i wud still prefer .. but baked r nt so tasty as fried..once a while if i feel like eating then i do it ....