Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Aabiss_Shakari

Hazrat Ali (as) Versus Shaikhain Before Quran

Rate this topic

Guest Zahrah
and is Zaid better than the Imams ?

and beter than abubakr for that matter...

name is not important the Sha'n of Nozul is important. at the time of the prophet saww it was rally percieved to whom which vrse is addressed, but through time the Mal'oun hands of Omawi and others tied hard to rendered these sha3aa3er.

one can awaken someone who is sleep, but cannot awaken someone who is pretending to be sleep

Guest Zahrah
Inshallah I will be able to participate more here and give some verses in praise of Ali (as) .

(salam)

Jazakallah, EnshaAllah :)

Whether Imam Ali (as) was a CHILD,ADULT, or BABY, he would have accepted Islam.Abu Bakr was just another adult, that believed Muhammed (pbuh) , but Imam Ali (as) was indeed the first man.

(salam)

I have a quetionhere. when exactly abubakr said his shahada. was he ever against Prophet saww before he enters Islam?

Ãóæú ßóÙõáõãóÇÊò Ýöí ÈóÍúÑò áøõÌøöíøò íóÛúÔóÇåõ ãóæúÌñ ãøöä ÝóæúÞöåö ãóæúÌñ ãøöä ÝóæúÞöåö ÓóÍóÇÈñ ÙõáõãóÇÊñ ÈóÚúÖõåóÇ ÝóæúÞó ÈóÚúÖò ÅöÐóÇ ÃóÎúÑóÌó íóÏóåõ áóãú íóßóÏú íóÑóÇåóÇ æóãóä áøóãú íóÌúÚóáö Çááøóåõ áóåõ äõæÑðÇ ÝóãóÇ áóåõ ãöä äøõæÑò {40}

[Quran 24:40] Or like utter darkness in the deep sea: there covers it a wave above which is another wave, above which is a cloud, (layers of) utter darkness one above another; when he holds out his hand, he is almost unable to see it; and to whomsoever Allah does not give light, he has no light.

This verse gives a graphic picture of darkness (infidelity) in the depths of ocean, wave upon wave, and on top of all, dense dark clouds.

In verse 35 the likeness of the divine light is as "light upon light" unto which the believers are drawn to be rightly guided, and in contrast, in this verse, the disbelievers are overwhelmed in utter darkness; and darkness is not a reality but a negation of reality.

The darkness over darkness alludes to the persistent disbelief of the infidels, the depth of ocean is the dark chamber of a disbeliever's heart, the wave over wave is the thick cover of disbelief under which the obstinate mind of the disbeliever works, and the "dark clouds" is the seal of infidelity with which the disbelieving heart is closed up and locked for ever. A man who belies and rejects the message of Allah presented to him with clear signs and decisive arguments can go no where but to the bottom of utter darkness.

The Holy Prophet said:

"My followers will cross the bridge of sirat guided and aided by the light of Ali, and Ali by my light, and I by the light of Allah. Those who are not attached with us shall not have the light to cross it, because to whom Allah does not give light, for him there is no light."

Aqa Mahdi Puya says:

Verses 123 of An-am and 52 of Shura, together with this verse, clearly indicate that the light of guidance comes from the divine source-prophets, Imams and the revealed scriptures. Even the proper understanding of the revealed scriptures requires divine endowment of knowledge as per verse 32 of al Fatir.

I have a quetionhere. when exactly abubakr said his shahada. was he ever against Prophet saww before he enters Islam?

(salam)

For that, I know some books that talk about the history of Abu Bakr before he accepted Islam.According to some of the books, Abu Bakr was very good friends with the unbelievers, Christians, and Jews, and before and after he accepted Islam, he had a thirst to rule...I hope you see some kind of connection here with verse [9:40] in the Qu'ran.It is true that Abu Bakr was mentioned in this verse, but was he really in danger, or was it only the Prophet (pbuh)?Well, anyways, there are explanations on that verse, and they show you how that verse doesn't PRAISE Abu Bakr (even with the tranquility part...Allah put the sakinah on the Prophet (pbuh) because the Prophet (pbuh) was the one in danger).

Here is verse [9:40] (The "he" that is in green is the Prophet (pbuh) and the "he" or any other word that is in red is Abu Bakr):

"If ye help him not, still Allah helped him when those who disbelieve drove him forth, the second of two; when they two were in the cave, when he said unto his comrade: Grieve not. Lo! Allah is with us. Then Allah caused His tranquility to descend upon him and supported him with hosts ye cannot see, and made the word of those who disbelieved the nethermost, while Allah's Word it was that became the uppermost. Allah is Mighty, Wise." [9:40]

I hope I answered your question.

(salam)

Grieve not. Lo! Allah is with us. Then Allah caused His tranquility to descend upon him and supported him

Jazak Allah. This is realy a valid point that they attribute this part of the Ayat to Abu Bakar while factually Prophet (pbuh) was addressed by Allah.

Ãóæú ßóÙõáõãóÇÊò Ýöí ÈóÍúÑò áøõÌøöíøò íóÛúÔóÇåõ ãóæúÌñ ãøöä ÝóæúÞöåö ãóæúÌñ ãøöä ÝóæúÞöåö ÓóÍóÇÈñ ÙõáõãóÇÊñ ÈóÚúÖõåóÇ ÝóæúÞó ÈóÚúÖò ÅöÐóÇ ÃóÎúÑóÌó íóÏóåõ áóãú íóßóÏú íóÑóÇåóÇ æóãóä áøóãú íóÌúÚóáö Çááøóåõ áóåõ äõæÑðÇ ÝóãóÇ áóåõ ãöä äøõæÑò {40}

[Quran 24:40] Or like utter darkness in the deep sea: there covers it a wave above which is another wave, above which is a cloud, (layers of) utter darkness one above another; when he holds out his hand, he is almost unable to see it; and to whomsoever Allah does not give light, he has no light.

This verse gives a graphic picture of darkness (infidelity) in the depths of ocean, wave upon wave, and on top of all, dense dark clouds.

In verse 35 the likeness of the divine light is as "light upon light" unto which the believers are drawn to be rightly guided, and in contrast, in this verse, the disbelievers are overwhelmed in utter darkness; and darkness is not a reality but a negation of reality.

The darkness over darkness alludes to the persistent disbelief of the infidels, the depth of ocean is the dark chamber of a disbeliever's heart, the wave over wave is the thick cover of disbelief under which the obstinate mind of the disbeliever works, and the "dark clouds" is the seal of infidelity with which the disbelieving heart is closed up and locked for ever. A man who belies and rejects the message of Allah presented to him with clear signs and decisive arguments can go no where but to the bottom of utter darkness.

The Holy Prophet said:

"My followers will cross the bridge of sirat guided and aided by the light of Ali, and Ali by my light, and I by the light of Allah. Those who are not attached with us shall not have the light to cross it, because to whom Allah does not give light, for him there is no light."

Aqa Mahdi Puya says:

Verses 123 of An-am and 52 of Shura, together with this verse, clearly indicate that the light of guidance comes from the divine source-prophets, Imams and the revealed scriptures. Even the proper understanding of the revealed scriptures requires divine endowment of knowledge as per verse 32 of al Fatir.

ãیŸ ÕÏÞÿ

(salam)

Just another quick point to make with verse [9:40]:

"If ye help him not, still Allah helped him when those who disbelieve drove him forth, the second of two; when they two were in the cave, when he said unto his comrade: Grieve not. Lo! Allah is with us. Then Allah caused His tranquility to descend upon him and supported him with hosts ye cannot see, and made the word of those who disbelieved the nethermost, while Allah's Word it was that became the uppermost. Allah is Mighty, Wise." [9:40]

It says that Allah helped him when the those who disbelieve drove him forth.Allah is referring to the Prophet (pbuh), and is talking about the event in the cave.Allah said he helped HIM, and not THEY.Muhammed (pbuh) was with Abu Bakr in the cave, so if Allah helped Abu Bakr too, He would have said "still Allah helped them when those who disbelieve drove them forth".

This means that Abu Bakr wasn't in danger, which is saying something.If Abu Bakr wasn't in danger, why was he "scared"?

Was he faking it after all?

Well, (salam)

Jazak Allah nice point brother YaHossain :)

(salam)

Thanks.I was just reading the verse and I kinda noticed that.

I'm asking a scholar about the verse so I can further understand how it doesn't praise Abu Bakr.

(salam)

(salam)

(bismillah)

I could not find out in the praise of Shaikhain but wanted to share something about Usman Bin Afaan.

æóÅöÐóÇ ÏõÚõæÇ Åöáóì Çááøóåö æóÑóÓõæáöåö áöíóÍúßõãó Èóíúäóåõãú ÅöÐóÇ ÝóÑöíÞñ ãøöäúåõã ãøõÚúÑöÖõæäó {48}

[Quran 24:48] And when they are called to Allah and His Messenger that he may judge between them, lo! a party of them turn aside.

The hypocrites wanted to go to the judge who they thought was likely to give judgement in their favour. If their case was incontestable, and justice was on their side, they readily came to the Holy Prophet, knowing that he was just and would judge in their favour, even against his own people. But if they had done wrong, they would go to some one who would tip the balance in their favour.

The real fact is that their guilty conscience forewarned them not to go before a just judge.

Imam Jafar bin Muhammad as Sadiq said:

"These three verses were revealed about a dispute that emerged between Ali and Uthman. Ali agreed to abide by the Holy Prophet's decision. Abdur Rahman bin Awf advised Uthman not to appoint the Holy Prophet as the judge because he would decide the issue in Ali's favour. He suggested the name of Ibn Shayba who was a Jew. Uthman then refused to go to any one save Shayba. Shayba told Uthman: 'What! Do you doubt the integrity of the Holy Prophet who, as you Muslims say, says and does only that which Allah commands him to do. Your refusal to go to him amounts to blasphemy."

(salam)

(bismillah)

I could not find out in the praise of Shaikhain but wanted to share something about Usman Bin Afaan.

æóÅöÐóÇ ÏõÚõæÇ Åöáóì Çááøóåö æóÑóÓõæáöåö áöíóÍúßõãó Èóíúäóåõãú ÅöÐóÇ ÝóÑöíÞñ ãøöäúåõã ãøõÚúÑöÖõæäó {48}

[Quran 24:48] And when they are called to Allah and His Messenger that he may judge between them, lo! a party of them turn aside.

The hypocrites wanted to go to the judge who they thought was likely to give judgement in their favour. If their case was incontestable, and justice was on their side, they readily came to the Holy Prophet, knowing that he was just and would judge in their favour, even against his own people. But if they had done wrong, they would go to some one who would tip the balance in their favour.

The real fact is that their guilty conscience forewarned them not to go before a just judge.

Imam Jafar bin Muhammad as Sadiq said:

"These three verses were revealed about a dispute that emerged between Ali and Uthman. Ali agreed to abide by the Holy Prophet's decision. Abdur Rahman bin Awf advised Uthman not to appoint the Holy Prophet as the judge because he would decide the issue in Ali's favour. He suggested the name of Ibn Shayba who was a Jew. Uthman then refused to go to any one save Shayba. Shayba told Uthman: 'What! Do you doubt the integrity of the Holy Prophet who, as you Muslims say, says and does only that which Allah commands him to do. Your refusal to go to him amounts to blasphemy."

Lol where do you find these??

Well, thanks for another verse!

(salam)

Lol where do you find these??

Well, thanks for another verse!

(salam)

(salam)

Brother, I am student of Islam and i have some spiritual teachers who guide me through their books. I just choose the things relevant to the topic and share with all. While sharing i give it place in my mind :). Try this link this is "Aqa Mehdi Pooya" (a.r) Commentary of Holy Quran.

http://www.al-islam.org/quran

(salam)

Brother, I am student of Islam and i have some spiritual teachers who guide me through their books. I just choose the things relevant to the topic and share with all. While sharing i give it place in my mind :). Try this link this is "Aqa Mehdi Pooya" (a.r) Commentary of Holy Quran.

http://www.al-islam.org/quran

(salam)

Thanks, great link!

æóáóÞóÏú ÂÊóíúäóÇ ãõæÓóì ÇáúßöÊóÇÈó æóÌóÚóáúäóÇ ãóÚóåõ ÃóÎóÇåõ åóÇÑõæäó æóÒöíÑðÇ {35}

[Quran 25:35] And certainly We gave Musa the Book and We appointed with him his brother Haroun an aider.

Refer to the Ta Ha : 9 to 98 for Musa and Harun and Muhammad and Ali, also refer to the al Baqarah : 51; Bara-at : 41 and Maryam : 53; and Ali Imran : 52 and 53 for dawat dhil ashirah in which Ali was appointed as the supporter and successor of the Holy Prophet right from the beginning of the open declaration of his prophethood.

Aqa Mahdi Puya says:

According to verse 5 of al Muzzammil the prophetic mission (receiving orders, instructions and revelations from Allah and conveying them to people) is a heavy burden or onerous responsibility because of which Musa asked for a supporter and his request was granted, and likewise Ali was given to Muhammad as said in verses 1 to 4 of al Inshirah. The verses of the Quran mentioned in this connection assert that the supporter should have the same qualities and purification of soul as the person who is supported has.

The Holy Prophet said:

"Ali is my brother here and in the hereafter. He is from me and I am from him. I and Ali are from the same light."

The Holy Prophet said:

"O Ali, you are to me as Harun was to Musa, but there is no prophethood after me."

(Refer to the commentary of Baqarah: 51 and Maryam: 53).

The following is a traditionally transmitted invocation by the Holy Prophet:

"O Allah, my brother Musa begged You saying: 'O my Lord, delight my heart and make my task easy and undo the knot in my tongue so that they may understand my talk and appoint from among my kinsmen Harun, my brother, as my wazir and strengthen my back with him and make him participate in my mission.' You inspired him: 'We shall soon strengthen your arm with your brother and make you both dominant.' O Allah, I am Your servant and Your messenger Muhammad. I beg You to delight my heart and make my task easy and appoint from among my kinsmen Ali, my brother, as my wazir."

It is reported that in response to this prayer verse 55 of al Ma-idah was revealed.

(salam) Brother Aabiss_Shakari

I just have a question about this verse...

You said that in response to the prayer verse 55 of al Ma-idah was revealed.Was it revealed to Musa (as) or Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) because you are saying that after the prayer it was revealed.

I'm just a bit confused :wacko:

Well thanks, and (salam)

(salam) Brother Aabiss_Shakari

I just have a question about this verse...

You said that in response to the prayer verse 55 of al Ma-idah was revealed.Was it revealed to Musa (as) or Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) because you are saying that after the prayer it was revealed.

I'm just a bit confused :wacko:

Well thanks, and (salam)

It was revealed after the prayer of Hazrat Muhammad (pbuh). You did not notice let me bold it :)

"O Allah, my brother Musa begged You saying: 'O my Lord, delight my heart and make my task easy and undo the knot in my tongue so that they may understand my talk and appoint from among my kinsmen Harun, my brother, as my wazir and strengthen my back with him and make him participate in my mission.' You inspired him: 'We shall soon strengthen your arm with your brother and make you both dominant.' O Allah, I am Your servant and Your messenger Muhammad.I beg You to delight my heart and make my task easy and appoint from among my kinsmen Ali, my brother, as my wazir."

Prophet (pbuh) referred to himself in bold part...

It is reported that in response to this prayer verse 55 of al Ma-idah was revealed.

It was revealed after the prayer of Hazrat Muhammad (pbuh). You did not notice let me bold it :)

"O Allah, my brother Musa begged You saying: 'O my Lord, delight my heart and make my task easy and undo the knot in my tongue so that they may understand my talk and appoint from among my kinsmen Harun, my brother, as my wazir and strengthen my back with him and make him participate in my mission.' You inspired him: 'We shall soon strengthen your arm with your brother and make you both dominant.' O Allah, I am Your servant and Your messenger Muhammad.I beg You to delight my heart and make my task easy and appoint from among my kinsmen Ali, my brother, as my wazir."

Prophet (pbuh) referred to himself in bold part...

(salam)

Thanks.

Lol, haven't you noticed that whenever we have a hadith with Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) saying that Imam Ali (as) is his successor, it always says "Ali is the master of the faithful"..Some might wonder why he didn't just say "master of the Muslims"...Muhammed (pbuh) obviously knew some were going to go against him after his death, and he knew only the faithful wouldn't.

(salam)

(salam)

Thanks.

Lol, haven't you noticed that whenever we have a hadith with Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) saying that Imam Ali (as) is his successor, it always says "Ali is the master of the faithful"..Some might wonder why he didn't just say "master of the Muslims"...Muhammed (pbuh) obviously knew some were going to go against him after his death, and he knew only the faithful wouldn't.

(salam)

Lol i got your point. Yes who did not accept "Khilafah of Imam Ali (as)" were not muslims :)

Guest Zahrah

I hope I answered your question.

(salam)

wowwwwww. I wish I could upload my pic here so that you could see my impressin on this. look just how ignrant some people are. the verse is shouting who is it addressing while some ignorants just want to say "it is abu bakr". and it is not strange while they claim greater thng for him that he definitel doesnt deserve any inge of them.

tnx brother yahossein :) , and sorry for replying late. cuz im busy with university classes and dont relly have time to check here more often. Im gonna spend a whole summer on this if Im alive and God give me the Towfiq ;) (ensha'Allah)

Guest Zahrah

This means that Abu Bakr wasn't in danger.Was he faking it after all?

yes, he was. I have heard in the cave he would amke noises to attract attentons, Prophet saww tells him not to do so. when he was not in danger from Kuffar, it means that he must have been one of them himself

Edited by Zahrah

Guest Zahrah
(salam)

Thanks.I was just reading the verse and I kinda noticed that.

I'm asking a scholar about the verse so I can further understand how it doesn't praise Abu Bakr.

(salam)

good for you. you are already great. I feel far less than anybody else around here like you or brother Khurram.

JazakomaAllah

Guest Zahrah

He suggested the name of Ibn Shayba who was a Jew. Uthman then refused to go to any one save Shayba. Shayba told Uthman: 'What! Do you doubt the integrity of the Holy Prophet who, as you Muslims say, says and does only that which Allah commands him to do. Your refusal to go to him amounts to blasphemy."

we read in the sixth Ziarat of Amiralmo'menin A in Mefatih that Çááåã ÔÛá ÇáÙÇáãیä ÈÇáÙÇáãیä

which means "God, busy oppressors with oppressors". it is not important what name we are carrying. our actions show better who we really are.

Guest Zahrah
Lol i got your point. Yes who did not accept "Khilafah of Imam Ali (as) " were not muslims :)
whenever we have a hadith with Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) saying that Imam Ali (as) is his successor, it always says "Ali is the master of the faithful"

and we've got this term in Quran saying یÇ ÇیåÇ ÇáÐیä ÂãäæÇ ÂãäæÇ [ya ayyohallazina Amanou, Amenou], "o thou the believers, believe" I dont know who is this verse addressing, but it supports what you just said :)

wowwwwww. I wish I could upload my pic here so that you could see my impressin on this. look just how ignrant some people are. the verse is shouting who is it addressing while some ignorants just want to say "it is abu bakr". and it is not strange while they claim greater thng for him that he definitel doesnt deserve any inge of them.

tnx brother yahossein :) , and sorry for replying late. cuz im busy with university classes and dont relly have time to check here more often. Im gonna spend a whole summer on this if Im alive and God give me the Towfiq ;) (ensha'Allah)

(salam)

Yeah it's quite sad people remain to say this aya praises Abu Bakr.Inshallah Allah will guide them.And the thing I like most is that we have soooo many ayas praising Imam Ali (as) and yet the our Sunni brothers and sisters only have this aya, and we have proven it doesn't praise Abu Bakr right after they introduce it.We will never be proven wrong because we are right :D (I'm not sure if that made sense or not)...

yes, he was. I have heard in the cave he would amke noises to attract attentons, Prophet saww tells him not to do so. when he was not in danger from Kuffar, it means that he must have been one of them himself

This is exactly what I heard when I asked somebody I know about this aya, so I spread the info ;)

good for you. you are already great. I feel far less than anybody else around here like you or brother Khurram.

JazakomaAllah

Thank you.I'm still asking a scholar because of the tranquility part... Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) seemed calm so why would he need the sakinah.. Inshallah I'm going to have my answer tommorow or after tommorow.Oh and anyways, I've hardly been participating here, only asking questions or sticking to the same aya that someone already said before...I think brother Aabiss_Shakari has given A LOT of info here and I thank him for that..I've learned so much here.

and we've got this term in Quran saying [ya ayyohallazina Amanou, Amenou], "o thou the believers, believe" I dont know who is this verse addressing, but it supports what you just said :)

Where'd you find that aya?? :D

(salam)

In Quran 42:23 Allah almighty says..

Ðóáößó ÇáøóÐöí íõÈóÔøöÑõ Çááøóåõ ÚöÈóÇÏóåõ ÇáøóÐöíäó ÂãóäõæÇ æóÚóãöáõæÇ ÇáÕøóÇáöÍóÇÊö Þõá áøóÇ ÃóÓúÃóáõßõãú Úóáóíúåö ÃóÌúÑðÇ ÅöáøóÇ ÇáúãóæóÏøóÉó Ýöí ÇáúÞõÑúÈóì æóãóä íóÞúÊóÑöÝú ÍóÓóäóÉð äøóÒöÏú áóåõ ÝöíåóÇ ÍõÓúäðÇ Åöäøó Çááøóåó ÛóÝõæÑñ ÔóßõæÑñ {23}

[shakir 42:23] That is of which Allah gives the good news to His servants, (to) those who believe and do good deeds. Say: I do not ask of you any reward for it but love for my near relatives; and whoever earns good, We give him more of good therein; surely Allah is Forgiving, Grateful.

Similarly Allah almighty says in Quran 25:57

Þõáú ãóÇ ÃóÓúÃóáõßõãú Úóáóíúåö ãöäú ÃóÌúÑò ÅöáøóÇ ãóä ÔóÇÁ Ãóä íóÊøóÎöÐó Åöáóì ÑóÈøöåö ÓóÈöíáðÇ {55}

[shakir 25:57] Say: I do not ask you aught in return except that he who will, may take the way to his Lord.

So love with Ahl ul bait (as) is "Sabeel" (The straight path). True path is path of Ahl ul bait (as).

Discussed a bit here >>>> http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php?sh...4946351&hl=

Aqa Mahdi Puya says:

All the prophets who were sent before the Holy Prophet conveyed the message and guidance from Allah to the people, but obviously as commanded by Allah did not ask of them any recompense for the toils of the prophethood. Only the Holy Prophet had the unique distinction of receiving Allah's command to say to those of his followers who want to take the way to Allah. As said in Shura : 23 "No recompense do I ask of you for this (the toils of the prophethood) except the love of (my) relatives (Ahl ul Bayt)."It implies that the Ahl ul Bayt is the only means of access to Allah. Therefore whoso pays the recompense derives benefits for himself as made clear in verse 47 of Saba. The Holy Prophet's recompense is only due from Allah.

Edited by Aabiss_Shakari

Guest Zahrah

(salam)

Yeah it's quite sad people remain to say this aya praises Abu Bakr.Inshallah Allah will guide them.And the thing I like most is that we have soooo many ayas praising Imam Ali (as) and yet the our Sunni brothers and sisters only have this aya, and we have proven it doesn't praise Abu Bakr right after they introduce it.We will never be proven wrong because we are right :D (I'm not sure if that made sense or not)...

you know what is still more sad? this fact that tey are firm in their kufr, but we shias are not firm in our eeman. once Imam Hassan A said to his sahabah that nagged about his not ding anything :i am erady to exchange 10 of ou with 1 sodier of Mu'awiah, bc they are firm in their kufr, and your not fir in ur eeman

Guest Zahrah

Thank you.I'm still asking a scholar because of the tranquility part... Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) seemed calm so why would he need the sakinah.. Inshallah I'm going to have my answer tommorow or after tommorow.Oh and anyways, I've hardly been participating here, only asking questions or sticking to the same aya that someone already said before...I think brother Aabiss_Shakari has given A LOT of info here and I thank him for that..I've learned so much here.

I meant both of you. btw his name is Khurram. ;)

Where'd you find that aya?? :D

íóÇ ÃóíøõåóÇ ÇáøóÐöíäó ÂãóäõæÇú ÂãöäõæÇú ÈöÇááøåö æóÑóÓõæáöåö æóÇáúßöÊóÇÈö ÇáøóÐöí äóÒøóáó Úóáóì ÑóÓõæáöåö æóÇáúßöÊóÇÈö ÇáøóÐöíó ÃóäÒóáó ãöä ÞóÈúáõ æóãóä íóßúÝõÑú ÈöÇááøåö æóãóáÇóÆößóÊöåö æóßõÊõÈöåö æóÑõÓõáöåö æóÇáúíóæúãö ÇáÂÎöÑö ÝóÞóÏú Öóáøó ÖóáÇóáÇð ÈóÚöíÏðÇ {136}

[Pickthal 4:136] O ye who believe! Believe in Allah and His messenger and the Scripture which He hath revealed unto His messenger, and the Scripture which He revealed aforetime. Whoso disbelieveth in Allah and His angels and His scriptures and His messengers and the Last Day, he verily hath wandered far astray.

æóÇáøóÐöíäó áóÇ íóÔúåóÏõæäó ÇáÒøõæÑó æóÅöÐóÇ ãóÑøõæÇ ÈöÇááøóÛúæö ãóÑøõæÇ ßöÑóÇãðÇ {72}

[Quran 25:72] And they who do not bear witness to what is false, and when they pass by what is vain, they pass by nobly.

Aqa Mahdi Puya says:

In these verses those righteous persons have been described who have earned the right to pray to Allah to appoint them as Imams to guide the pious. Imam Jafar bin Muhammad as Sadiq gave as under:

"This verse refers to the holy Ahl ul Bayt from among whose offspring twelve Imams, one after another, were appointed by Allah."

(salam)

Ok so now I have finally gotten my answer about verse 9:40.. This is going to be my last point on 9:40 before I find a new verse praising Imam Ali (as) Inshallah...So firstly here's the verse:

If you will not aid him, Allah certainly aided him when those who disbelieved expelled him, he being the second of the two, when they were both in the cave, when he said to his companion: Grieve not, surely Allah is with us. So Allah sent down His tranquillity upon him and strengthened him with hosts which you did not see, and made lowest the word of those who disbelieved; and the word of Allah, that is the highest; and Allah is Mighty, Wise.[9:40]

Ok so now the only arguement somebody might say is that Allah put down his tranquility upon Abu Bakr and not the Prophet (pbuh)..Here's why that's not true...First I need to give an example of something:

Let's say I had two friends named Alex and Mike, and I wanted to talk about them, so I wrote:

Alex is my friend.He is cool.He goes to school.He is ten years old.He is very funny.

Now you're under the impression that I'm talking about Alex in these sentences, but what if I was talking about Mike is one of the sentences..I obviously can't do that though because I would have to indicate that I wanted to talk about Mike by saying his name or something..

This is exactly what's happening in verse 9:40..Allah keeps saying him meaning the Prophet (pbuh) so Allah would have indicated he is putting his tranquility upon Abu Bakr by maybe saying "Allah sent down his tranquility upon his companion" rather than "Allah sent down his tranquility upon him".

Now something someone would argue is that why would Allah put his tranquility upon the Prophet (pbuh)...Surely the Prophet (pbuh) is the one who knows Allah is with him at all times..Well it so happens that there is a verse from the Qu'ran that proves THAT wrong too:

Then Allah sent down His tranquillity upon His Messenger and upon the believers, and sent down hosts which you did not see, and chastised those who disbelieved, and that is the reward of the unbelievers.[9:26]

So there's a verse where Allah says he put his tranquility upon His Messenger (pbuh), and notice in both verse 9:40 and 9:26, it says the arabic word sakinah, so that shows that Allah is using the same word, and same meaning:tranquility.

Addding this proof with all the other proofs that prove this verse not to be praising Abu Bakr is more than enough.. Inshallah truth will always be found..Well I'm going to be looking for another good verse in praise of Imam Ali (as)...

(salam)

1. First paste a holy verse of holy Quran which you believe is in the praise of Ali (as) or Shaikhain (ra).

(salam)

I just noticed something.. The main reason why nobody is able to get any verses in praise of Shaikhain in the Qu'ran is because they were elected by people...Imam Ali (as) was chosen by Allah (swt) so obviously he's going to have praises in the Qu'ran :D

Subhan Allah brother. May Allah reward you Mashallah. Very great post :yaali:

Thank you. Right when the scholar gave me the answer I came here to spread the proof :D Inshallah nobody will ever think there is any verse in the Holy Qu'ran that praises the Shaikhain...

(salam)

(salam)

(bismillah)

æóÊóÝóÞøóÏó ÇáØøóíúÑó ÝóÞóÇáó ãóÇ áöíó áóÇ ÃóÑóì ÇáúåõÏúåõÏó Ãóãú ßóÇäó ãöäó ÇáúÛóÇÆöÈöíäó {20}

[Quran 27:20] And he reviewed the birds, then said: How is it I see not the hoopoe or is it that he is of the absentees?

These verses narrate the story of Saba or the queen of Sheba of the Bible (refer to chapters 10 and 11 of I Kings) whose Arabic name was Bilqis. Hudhud (hoopoe) is a light, graceful bird, with a yellow crest on its head. This bird served Sulayman as an efficient scout, and also used to discover water beneath the surface of the earth, as if a X-ray device was fixed in its eyes.

Tafaqqad literally means to find out a defect, but in verse 20 it is used for making an enquiry.

When Sulayman took a muster of the birds, he did not find the hoopoe, because he had a good reason for his absence. At that time he was surveying the vast realm of Saba, the queen of Sheba, where he went along with another hoopoe who met him while he was flying to report to Sulayman and (the other hoopoe) gave him an explicit description of the grandeur of her dominion, after hearing the might and glory of Sulayman's kingdom. Sulayman's hoopoe came back and told him what he saw, particularly about their religion that she and her people were the worshippers of the sun.

It is desirable (mustahab) to prostrate one's self in adoration before Allah after reciting verse 26.

To test the hoopoe's report Sulayman wrote a letter to Saba; and asked the hoopoe to go and deliver his letter to her and bring her reply.

Sulayman expressly began his letter with bismillahir rahmanir rahim, on which is based the true religion of unity of Allah, and invited her and her people to the true faith, not for worldly conquest but for the spreading of the light (guidance and wisdom) of Allah.

The queen, after consultation with her courtiers, decided to send a few gifts to Sulayman in order to find out that Sulayman was not like ordinary kings who conquer by violence. When her embassy came to Sulayman with the gifts, he refused to accept them because firstly Allah had given him better than that which He had given her, and secondly he was expecting her submission to the true religion. He told the embassy that soon his army would drive them forth from there, disgraced and humbled. After the embassy had departed he asked his chiefs: "Who can bring me her with her throne, before they come to me in submission." A large, powerful jinn offered his services and assured Sulayman that he would do it before he would rise from his council. However strong and big a creature might be, it was not possible for him to go to a distant land and bring her and her throne in a few moments, unless the jinn had supernatural powers to do it. Although the jinn had boasted of his strength and supernatural power, yet when a man who had knowledge of the book said that he would bring them to him within the twinkling of an eye, Sulayman gave him permission. Soon the Queen, with her throne, was before him. See Rad: 43 to know about him who had the knowledge of the book. It is reported by Abu Ishaq Thalabi that Abdullah bin Salam asked the Holy Prophet to give the name of the man who had knowledge of the book and brought the queen of Sheba with her throne within the twinkling of an eye. The Holy Prophet said: "It was Ali."

It is stated in Minhaj al Sadiqin and Umdat al Bayan that then the Holy Prophet said to Ali:

"O Ali, you helped all the prophets of Allah incognito (concealed from view), and you help me in propria persona (in person) manifestly."

Ali ibn abi Talib is known as mazhar al aja-ib and mazhar al ghara-ib because, as willed by Allah, he used to appear in different forms to carry out divine plans under very special circumstances. These two epithets are exclusively reserved for Ali. Even today the true believers invoke Allah to send him for help. The famous dua, known as Nadi Ali, which the Holy Prophet recited, as commanded by Allah, at Khaybar refers to Ali as mazhar al aja-ib. Ali ibn abi Talib is also known as mushkil kusha, the remover of hardships. In every age, to many persons he comes personally to remove hardships. Through his name great spiritual achievements are attained. The Holy Prophet, and after him, Ali are acknowledged as the most superior possessors of the spiritual powers.

Aqa Mahdi Puya says:

The last sentence of verse 40 asserts that man's submission and devotion to Allah is in his own interest. Allah is supreme in glory. He is self sufficient. He is free of all needs.

The queen was lodged in another building of the palace. To make the queen see the fallacy of outward appearance the floor of the palace was made of slabs of smooth glass that glistened like water. When she was brought into the palace she thought it was water, and tucked up her clothes to pass through it, showing her bare feet and ankles. Sulayman told her the real fact. She then realised that she had been wrongly worshipping the creation of God, the sun, deceived by outward appearance, instead of worshipping the creator. At once she submitted herself to Allah, the Lord of the worlds, whom Sulayman worshipped.

And those who disbelieve say: 'You are not a messenger'. Say: Allah is sufficient as a witness between me and you and he with whom is the knowledge of the Book. "(Surah Ra'ad Ayat 43)

Abou Sa'id Khidary says: "I asked the Prophet (p.b.u.h.) about: the Qur'anic phrase: 'said he with whom was knowledge from the Book', (which is found in the story of Solomon) . He answered: 'He was the inheritor of my brother Solomon and replaced him. ' I inquired: 'Whom is it (the above verse )talking about and to whom allusions are being made ?' He answered: 'He is my brother Ali Ibn Abi Talib (a.s.) '. " (Al- Mizan) The author of Atyab- ul- Bayan claims that we may say the objective in mind of 'the knowledge of the Book' is the greatest Name of Allah, of which 'As if- Ibn- Barkhya the inheritor of Had rat Sulayman, only knew a faction and not more. And Amir- ul- Mu'mineen Ali (a.s.) , as well as other Immaculate Imams (a.s.) , knew all in its entirety except what was kept by Allah for Himself. Some Islamic traditions denote that the relationship of the Qur'anic phrase/ min- al- kitab/ to/ 'ilm- ul- kitab/ is just like a drop with respect to a green sea. Certainly, when one of the companions of Had rat Sulayman, who had some partial knowledge of the Book, could at a glance revoke the throne of the queen of Saba before him, how mighty one might be if he possesses all the knowledge of that Book!

According to the quotations, as we said, the objective in mind about whom he has the knowledge of the entire Book is Had rat Ali (a.s.) and Ahl- ul- Bayt (a.s.) .

For further information about these quotations refer to Tafsir Nour- uth- Thaqalayn, Tafsir Burhan, Tafsir Safi, and Tafsir Kanz- ud- Daqa'iq.

I wonder how fanatic people can be ? The topic was titled the proclamation of Ali in the Quran while his small name was not mentioned even for a single time within thousands of words mentioned by Almighty Allah in the whole Quran . I found the name of so many Prophets and their friends , relatives and also of some others . I even found the name of Zaid , one of the companion of the Prophet Muhammad but not of Ali . Same applied to Abu Bakar and Umar .

To find Ali , Abu Bakar or Umar , we have to ransack the tafsir and hadith books written by the alien people who even didn’t see Prophet Muhammad ,Ali, Abu Bakar or Umar nor hear a single word from their mouths . Hence my request: please change the title of the topic to :

“ Hazrat Ali (as) versus Shaikain before the street books .......”[/b]

I wonder how fanatic people can be ? The topic was titled the proclamation of Ali in the Quran while his small name was not mentioned even for a single time within thousands of words mentioned by Almighty Allah in the whole Quran . I found the name of so many Prophets and their friends , relatives and also of some others . I even found the name of Zaid , one of the companion of the Prophet Muhammad but not of Ali . Same applied to Abu Bakar and Umar .

To find Ali , Abu Bakar or Umar , we have to ransack the tafsir and hadith books written by the alien people who even didn’t see Prophet Muhammad ,Ali, Abu Bakar or Umar nor hear a single word from their mouths . Hence my request: please change the title of the topic to :

“ Hazrat Ali (as) versus Shaikain before the street books .......”[/b]

(salam)

Brother, I just want to say that the Qu'ran doesn't have to say the name of someone to be talking about them, and if somebody's name is mentioned, it doesn't mean they are superior...For example, the Qu'ran is almost always talking about/to Prophet Muhammed (pbuh), yet the Qu'ran only says the name Muhammed (pbuh) 4 times "within thousands of words mentioned by Almighty Allah"...

Also, if the Qu'ran actually said the name Ali (as), then would there really be any Sunnis? And also with Abu Bakr or Umar.. We need to know who the Qu'ran is talking about by taking in the context...For example most of us know that verse 2:207 is talking about Ali (as), while verse verse 9:40 mentiones Abu Bakr, though none of them mention them by name.Just because Zaid is mentioned, it doesn't mean he's more superior to Ali (as) or Abu Bakr.. You have to PROVE that point because the mentioning of the name doesn't mean anything.

And also, to know who's praised more (Ali (as) or Shaikhain), we also need to use authentic hadiths that both Sunnis and Shias accept without question.. This is why the Shias have the habit of getting proof from Sunni hadiths that they think is authentic and true.

Well (salam)