Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Aabiss_Shakari

Hazrat Ali (as) Versus Shaikhain Before Quran

Rate this topic

this is a very important andunfortunately neglected part in shia doctrine. even in my university theology book it is written that the reason we havd no Prophet A after Prophet saww was that Din was complete and there was no need for anybody else as a Prophet, while the reason is , in fact, that we had Imam Ali A and A'ematol Ma'sumin A as the successors of the Holy prophet saww and there was no need for any other Prophet.

Jazak Allah Zahrah. Indeed a very nice point.

Guest Zahrah
The Holy Prophet said:

"Verily I am the Imam among you. After me, Ali will be your Imam. After him, his sons in his progeny will be your Imams. Whosoever remains attached with them shall be saved and shall obtain salvation. Those who disassociate themselves from them shall go astray and will certainly be lost."

See, it is not finished yet. it is going on. it is Imamat. what Ibrahim A was appointed as after a long time of being Prophet A( I suppose)

Edited by Zahrah

I applaud the patience and generosity of people actually putting up with this joker, every time he gets an answer he doesn't then answer with reference or proof, instead just like the above he always writes his own view opinions based on what he believes in with zero support for it from Holy Qur'aan or Sunnah. Don't believe me then go through any thread and what you'll see from him is "nope, don't believe that", "this is my view" or "not the way I see it".

He's so ignorant he posted this to support his personal views:

663. Ibn `Umar (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: The Prophet said, "It is obligatory upon a Muslim to listen (to the ruler) and obey whether he likes it or not, except when he is ordered to do a sinful thing; in such case, there is no obligation to listen or to obey.''

[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Now tell me, where does that leave the rulership of Yazid (LA)? Yazid didn't order Imam Hussain (as) to do a sinful thing, he asked for a political bayah and the Imam (as) refused. According to this narration though Imam Hussain (as) was (mazhallah) wrong and should have obeyed the ruler? Astaghfirullah, you people are truly incompetent, even when trying to post a hadeeth in defence of your flimsy Char Yari sect you usually end up making things even worse for yourself (still laughing at your narration about KBW by the way).

Just for once try and answer the above without your usual waffle about "dunya worldy political khalifa" and "nope, that's your deduction" rubbish - if that hadeeth is accurate then was Imam Hussain (as) wrong to not obey Yazid (LA)?

ALI

Yazeed wasnt in control of the entire Islamic empire yet , and if we use the word 'IF' for Imam Hussien a.s. it will make us not be pleased with the Will of Allah SWT .

Dont compare it just shows the amount of knowledge you have both islamically and historically .

its so easy to refute people who think they can split religious atoms .

Guest Zahrah
Yazeed wasnt in control of the entire Islamic empire yet , and if we use the word 'IF' for Imam Hussien a.s. it will make us not be pleased with the Will of Allah SWT .

:!!!:

1.he had started to collect allegience, and he did it. which means people accepted him to be their ruler. in another word he was the caliphah.

2. he was crowned by his own father who was the former calipha of Islamic Ummah. what is the replacement of a calipha? A potato?

3. if he did not have the whole control how could he have arranged to kill Imam A while he A was still in Medina?

4. why he decided to have a war with Imam A? After all he was not a caliph and according to the contract his la'natollah father had signed with Imam Hassan A, he was in immunity as long as his father had never chosen him as his replacement.

5. why Imam A wanted to raise a fire on someone who is not after calipha? he could simply gather his own allegiances and very easily get rid of him as an outlaw in Islamic Ummah.

Dont compare it just shows the amount of knowledge you have both islamically and historically .

its so easy to refute people who think they can split religious atoms .

Shame on you, you're so ignorant and deviated you're now making me feel sick. Every single time you trip up (and it's happened lots so your knees must be in pretty bad shape) you never respond with any reference or verifiable text, just your own opinion which, to be frank, is totally worthless to everyone here.

Where's your refutation? You made a claim that disobeying the caliph is totally forbidden for Muslims unlesss he asks you to commit a sin, now PROVE IT rather than arrogantly stating you have more knowledge.

A simple question to highlight the stupidity of the narration as well as the stupidity of you. On both counts you've again ended up with egg on your face but even worse; instead of answering the question you're now second guessing Allah (SWT).

Their must be far more knowledgeable sunnis than you but I guess most of them are at school right now.

ALI

Guest Zahrah

sometimes, I think "let him ask, maybe he is to be a real shia if he is not, or he might convert to shiiism and meet salvation" this is the only thought that let me stay in such forums. I dont mean I help them to meet salvation....not at all.... I myself am in need of guidance, but staying here means that shia belief is alive and working. it means that shiism is welcoming, automatically this raises the nuber of bodies' encountering with shiism, and mathematically it increases the number of acceptances.

otherwise, Im the same, pig, dog, Zionist, hujjati dude, that people dare call me here.

Ya Ali

sometimes, I think "let him ask, maybe he is to be a real shia if he is not, or he might convert to shiiism and meet salvation" this is the only thought that let me stay in such forums. I dont mean I help them to meet salvation....not at all.... I myself am in need of guidance, but staying here means that shia belief is alive and working. it means that shiism is welcoming, automatically this raises the nuber of bodies' encountering with shiism, and mathematically it increases the number of acceptances.

otherwise, Im the same, pig, dog, Zionist, hujjati dude, that people dare call me here.

Ya Ali

(wasalam)

I have no problem with people who have genuine desire for discourse, an exchange of ideas & opinions. We would no doubt disagree i nthe end but during the course maybe learn more about each other and our beliefs and what makes us tick.

However, people like this have zero intention for knowledge sharing or insight. All he does is post the most absurd things, never backs up what he says with any reference and, disturbingly, claims things that no other sunni does, such as knowledge of the name of the current world Imam of all Muslims, that Yazid (LA) was appointed by Allah (SWT) and all the evil and barbarity in the World is willed by Allah (SWT).

And I hope no-one is calling you a dude sister, that's just not on!

ALI

æóáóÞóÏú ÂÊóíúäóÇ ãõæÓóì æóåóÇÑõæäó ÇáúÝõÑúÞóÇäó æóÖöíóÇÁ æóÐößúÑðÇ áøöáúãõÊøóÞöíäó {48}

[Quran 21:48] And certainly We gave to Musa and Haroun the Furqan and a light and a reminder for those who would guard (against evil).

Furqan means that which distinguishes between good and evil, any heavenly scripture and the knowledge therein.

Muttaqin are those who safeguard themselves against evil with full awareness of the laws made by Allah.

Aqa Mahdi Puya says:

Since the Holy Prophet declared that Ali was to him as Harun was to Musa it should follow as an irrefutable corollary that whatever was granted to Musa was granted to Muhammad, and whatever was granted to Harun was granted to Ali. Please refer to Baqarah: 51; Bara-at: 41 and 42; Ta Ha: 9 to 98 and Maryam: 53.

Shame on you, you're so ignorant and deviated you're now making me feel sick. Every single time you trip up (and it's happened lots so your knees must be in pretty bad shape) you never respond with any reference or verifiable text, just your own opinion which, to be frank, is totally worthless to everyone here.

Where's your refutation? You made a claim that disobeying the caliph is totally forbidden for Muslims unlesss he asks you to commit a sin, now PROVE IT rather than arrogantly stating you have more knowledge.

A simple question to highlight the stupidity of the narration as well as the stupidity of you. On both counts you've again ended up with egg on your face but even worse; instead of answering the question you're now second guessing Allah (SWT).

Their must be far more knowledgeable sunnis than you but I guess most of them are at school right now.

ALI

Nope no comparison , Yazeed was only in control of Syria as In Shaam at the time it did not apply to the people of Hijaz which means Imam hussien had thhe right to refuse what he saw as unfit and a tyrant .

the problem was he was double crossed when he reached Kufa the shia there already sold out to yazid , so we have 3 Murderers

1 yazeed who gave the order

2 ibn ziyad who carried it out

3 the Shia of Kufa who betrayed him a.s. .

Ya Ali

Salvation is through Allah SWT mercy and the mercy to all worlds Mu7ammad SAWAS period .

If loving the Ahlulbayt a.s. is rafdh then i am the first of the raafhidis and if loving the sa7aaba is Nasb then i am the first of the Nasibis .

case closed

Guest Zahrah
Nope no comparison , Yazeed was only in control of Syria as In Shaam at the time it did not apply to the people of Hijaz which means Imam hussien had thhe right to refuse what he saw as unfit and a tyrant .

the problem was he was double crossed when he reached Kufa the shia there already sold out to yazid , so we have 3 Murderers

1 yazeed who gave the order

2 ibn ziyad who carried it out

3 the Shia of Kufa who betrayed him a.s. .

Salvation is through Allah SWT mercy and the mercy to all worlds Mu7ammad SAWAS period .

If loving the Ahlulbayt a.s. is rafdh then i am the first of the raafhidis and if loving the sa7aaba is Nasb then i am the first of the Nasibis .

case closed

I dont pay attention to names. names wont bring you salvation. Ideas, beliefs, faith, ... these are what guarantee your salvation. Faith has been introduced by Allah jj and whoever who chooses a man made substitute for it, wont see its face at all. you'd better read quran and history of Islam with a closer attention. you must exclude the fabricated Ahadith, and extract the reliable ones. if you go on only based on your own reasoning, without getting use of knowledge, you will mislead on the way. Brother Kishmat is right. do you want guidance, get use of its means, why do you neglect ahadith? you were absolutely not born in times of the prophet saww, you have not perceived his time, so how are you going to get to know the right path? A PHILOSOPHER NEEDS TO KNOW THE ELEMENTS OF PHILOSOPHY, NO PHILOSOPHER HAS BECOME A PHILOSOPHOR WIOUT LEARNING THOSE ELEMENTS. if you are philosophizing anything you have to know the field. you only pop up ideas, based on nothing..

Guest Zahrah
(wasalam)

I have no problem with people who have genuine desire for discourse, an exchange of ideas & opinions. We would no doubt disagree i nthe end but during the course maybe learn more about each other and our beliefs and what makes us tick.

However, people like this have zero intention for knowledge sharing or insight. All he does is post the most absurd things, never backs up what he says with any reference and, disturbingly, claims things that no other sunni does, such as knowledge of the name of the current world Imam of all Muslims, that Yazid (LA) was appointed by Allah (SWT) and all the evil and barbarity in the World is willed by Allah (SWT).

And I hope no-one is calling you a dude sister, that's just not on!

ALI

you're right. he gets to talk without any base, I dont know what he wants! May God guide us all!!! that is why Im afraid to go sunni sites./ Because I am frightened to get used to their baseless way of reasoning and after some time lose my senses all.

and here's where I have been called a dude (post 65):

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php?sh...p;#entry1843558

Ya Ali

Edited by Zahrah

Guest Zahrah
Since the Holy Prophet declared that Ali was to him as Harun was to Musa it should follow as an irrefutable corollary that whatever was granted to Musa was granted to Muhammad, and whatever was granted to Harun was granted to Ali. Please refer to Baqarah: 51; Bara-at: 41 and 42; Ta Ha: 9 to 98 and Maryam: 53.

:cry:

Jazak Allah brother

when I see Qur'an has not mentined the Holy name of Imam Ali A, while as Prophet saww sai in Qadir sermon "any Ayah, that has got "thou the believers" (یÇ ÇیåÇ ÇáÐیä ÂãäæÇ) And is addressing the true believers is in the honor of the Ali A", I get really sad. you know why? because it shows that these people were such great enemies of Amiramo'menin A that if they would only find a verse in the name of him A, they would never believe in God as well.

O! GOD! how oppressed my dear Amiralmo'menin was! and How oppressed he still is!

Ya Ali

I dont pay attention to names. names wont bring you salvation. Ideas, beliefs, faith, ... these are what guarantee your salvation. Faith has been introduced by Allah jj and whoever who chooses a man made substitute for it, wont see its face at all. you'd better read quran and history of Islam with a closer attention. you must exclude the fabricated Ahadith, and extract the reliable ones. if you go on only based on your own reasoning, without getting use of knowledge, you will mislead on the way. Brother Kishmat is right. do you want guidance, get use of its means, why do you neglect ahadith? you were absolutely not born in times of the prophet saww, you have not perceived his time, so how are you going to get to know the right path? A PHILOSOPHER NEEDS TO KNOW THE ELEMENTS OF PHILOSOPHY, NO PHILOSOPHER HAS BECOME A PHILOSOPHOR WIOUT LEARNING THOSE ELEMENTS. if you are philosophizing anything you have to know the field. you only pop up ideas, based on nothing..

You are a sect get over it and a man made one , starting out with the Shia of Ali r.a. and the Shia of Mu3aawiyah then gradually evolved into what we have now .

Same applies to sunnis . Belief Is what the Quran and Sayidina Mu7ammad (pbuh) gave us , other than that most of it is man made .

:cry:

Jazak Allah brother

when I see Qur'an has not mentined the Holy name of Imam Ali A, while as Prophet saww sai in Qadir sermon "any Ayah, that has got "thou the believers" (íÇ ÇíåÇ ÇáÐíä ÂãäæÇ) And is addressing the true believers is in the honor of the Ali A", I get really sad. you know why? because it shows that these people were such great enemies of Amiramo'menin A that if they would only find a verse in the name of him A, they would never believe in God as well.

O! GOD! how oppressed my dear Amiralmo'menin was! and How oppressed he still is!

Ya Ali

So you are saying that Ali r.a. lost control of the muslims like Haaroon a.s. lost control over Bani Israel ?

Guest Zahrah
You are a sect get over it and a man made one , starting out with the Shia of Ali r.a. and the Shia of Mu3aawiyah then gradually evolved into what we have now .

Same applies to sunnis . Belief Is what the Quran and Sayidina Mu7ammad (pbuh) gave us , other than that most of it is man made .

I dont think you consider Prophet saww the one who talked sth other than what was relevated (wahy) to him. As God says in holy quran :if he talks other than what I relevate to him, I will cut hios vessel of life" he does not speak anything other than that. So go to Tafsir of Ad_Dor Al_Mansur by Soyouti, in his book you can find the tradition in which Prophet saww said "after me my followers will be separated to 73 groups [then he touches the shoulder of Imam Ali A and says] the only one who meets salvation are the followers of this person" and if you use Elmolrejal, you will understand that it is not a weak but a completely reliable hadith.

So you are saying that Ali r.a. lost control of the muslims like Haaroon a.s. lost control over Bani Israel ?

the is a difference between a prophet A and the successor of a prophet

the Prophet A invites people, while the successor is invited by the people. Now if the people dont want to invite the successor appointed by God and introduced by the Prophet A (no matter which Prophet or Successor A) it is people's problem, not seccessor's

Hazrat Noah (as) preached for thousands of years and only a few brought faith on Him (as). Will you blame Noah (as) on this that He (as) lost control of the Ummah??? Indeed they caused no harm to Prophet Noah (as) rather they harmed themselves. Similarly who left Ali bin Abi Talib (as) did not cause any harm to Him (as) rather to themselves and they were indeed misguided....

åóÐóÇäö ÎóÕúãóÇäö ÇÎúÊóÕóãõæÇ Ýöí ÑóÈøöåöãú ÝóÇáøóÐöíäó ßóÝóÑõæÇ ÞõØøöÚóÊú áóåõãú ËöíóÇÈñ ãøöä äøóÇÑò íõÕóÈøõ ãöä ÝóæúÞö ÑõÄõæÓöåöãõ ÇáúÍóãöíãõ {19}

[Quran 22:19] These are two adversaries who dispute about their Lord; then (as to) those who disbelieve, for them are cut out garments of fire, boiling water shall be poured over their heads.

The two disputants, opponents or antagonists referred to here are (i) men of faith who believe in Allah and carry out His will (ii) the disbelievers who deny their Lord and defy His will. In Sahih Bukhari Abu Dharr al Ghiffari, the truthful, is related to have said that six persons have been referred to in this verse i.e., Hamza bin Abd al Muttalib, Ali ibn abi Talib and Obayda bin Harith as the men of faith; and Utba bin Rabi-a, Shayba bin Rabi-a, and Walid bin Utba as the disbelievers. In the battle of Badr Ali killed Walid, Hamza killed Utba; and Obayda was martyred by Shayba.

Aqa Mahdi Puya says:

It is a well-known fact, unanimously agreed by almost all the Muslim scholars, that Ali was the first and foremost among the party of Allah, so he who was his opponent should belong to the party of falsehood. On this basis Ibn Abbas said that as the first and the foremost leader of those who have been addressed as believers in the Quran Ali is the main person who is referred to as the chief of them in all such verses.

Edited by Aabiss_Shakari

I dont think you consider Prophet saww the one who talked sth other than what was relevated (wahy) to him. As God says in holy quran :if he talks other than what I relevate to him, I will cut hios vessel of life" he does not speak anything other than that. So go to Tafsir of Ad_Dor Al_Mansur by Soyouti, in his book you can find the tradition in which Prophet saww said "after me my followers will be separated to 73 groups [then he touches the shoulder of Imam Ali A and says] the only one who meets salvation are the followers of this person" and if you use Elmolrejal, you will understand that it is not a weak but a completely reliable hadith.

the is a difference between a prophet A and the successor of a prophet

the Prophet A invites people, while the successor is invited by the people. Now if the people dont want to invite the successor appointed by God and introduced by the Prophet A (no matter which Prophet or Successor A) it is people's problem, not seccessor's

Pls stop posting your belief and emotions that has no effect on me period .

I want you to prove to me Prophet mu7ammad PBUH was Shia , and Imam Ali a.s. was Shia and Allah SWT ordered us to be Shia and call ourselves Shia .

Give it your best shot , and pls not what you believe but proof .

Hazrat Noah (as) preached for thousands of years and only a few brought faith on Him (as). Will you blame Noah (as) on this that He (as) lost control of the Ummah??? Indeed they caused no harm to Prophet Noah (as) rather they harmed themselves. Similarly who left Ali bin Abi Talib (as) did not cause any harm to Him (as) rather to themselves and they were indeed misguided....

stop trying to worm your way round the question .

I am specifically talking about Haaroon and Muusa alaihima asalaam and Prophet Mu7ammad (pbuh) and Ali a.s.

does the comparison include Haroon a.s. loosing control of banu israel ? and Ali a.s. loosing control of the ISlamic empire ?

S@jaad the thread was intended to praise Hazrat Ali (as) and Shaikhain. The basic purpose was to see where they stand in the light of Quran and Sayings of Prophet (pbuh) but you could not present a single verse (except Surah Tauba) which has been rebutted by me when presented by you second time because i rebutted it previously when a Salafi was here to find something in the praise of Shaikhain. You are taking off topic the thread by your stubbornness. Repeating the queries again and again and derailing the topic.

(bismillah)

(salam)

æóÌóÇåöÏõæÇ Ýöí Çááøóåö ÍóÞøó ÌöåóÇÏöåö åõæó ÇÌúÊóÈóÇßõãú æóãóÇ ÌóÚóáó Úóáóíúßõãú Ýöí ÇáÏøöíäö ãöäú ÍóÑóÌò ãøöáøóÉó ÃóÈöíßõãú ÅöÈúÑóÇåöíãó åõæó ÓóãøóÇßõãõ ÇáúãõÓúáöãíäó ãöä ÞóÈúáõ æóÝöí åóÐóÇ áöíóßõæäó ÇáÑøóÓõæáõ ÔóåöíÏðÇ Úóáóíúßõãú æóÊóßõæäõæÇ ÔõåóÏóÇÁ Úóáóì ÇáäøóÇÓö ÝóÃóÞöíãõæÇ ÇáÕøóáóÇÉó æóÂÊõæÇ ÇáÒøóßóÇÉó æóÇÚúÊóÕöãõæÇ ÈöÇááøóåö åõæó ãóæúáóÇßõãú ÝóäöÚúãó Çáúãóæúáóì æóäöÚúãó ÇáäøóÕöíÑõ {78}

[Quran 22:78] And strive for Allah with the endeavour which is His right. He hath chosen you and hath not laid upon you in religion any hardship; the faith of your father Abraham (is yours). He hath named you Muslims of old time and in this (Scripture), that the messenger may be a witness against you, and that ye may be witnesses against mankind. So establish worship, pay the poor-due, and hold fast to Allah. He is your Protecting friend. A blessed Patron and a blessed Helper!

Strive as a believer for spiritual good and truth in all paths, to the maximum, to please Allah and His prophet. The religion of Allah, which Ibrahim followed, is Islam-complete submission to the will of Allah. Ibrahim, the first man to call himself a Muslim (Baqarah: 128), is the great ancestor of the Holy Prophet and his Ahl ul Bayt. The religion of Allah, Islam, was perfected and completed through the Holy Prophet. See al Ma-idah: 5 and 67.

The witness over mankind should be thoroughly purified, therefore Allah thoroughly purified the Ahl ul Bayt of the Holy Prophet in verse 33 of Al Ahzab, because He willed to appoint them as witnesses over all the human beings He has created and will create. The Holy Prophet is a witness over these thoroughly purified witnesses. At the revelation of this verse the Holy Prophet said:

"Only thirteen men have been addressed in this verse. Myself, my brother Ali, and the eleven Imams in his progeny." (Umdatul Bayan).

Aqa Mahdi Puya says:

"O you who believe" in verse 77 and "you be witnesses for mankind" in this verse have been addressed to those of the descendants of Ibrahim referred to in Baqarah: 124 and 128 and in his prayer (Ibrahim: 35 to 41), who never worshipped a ghayrallah (other than Allah)- The Holy Prophet and his Ahl ul Bayt identified in the verse of mubahila (Ali Imran: 61) are the descendants of Ibrahim.

Guest Zahrah
Pls stop posting your belief and emotions that has no effect on me period .

I want you to prove to me Prophet mu7ammad PBUH was Shia , and Imam Ali a.s. was Shia and Allah SWT ordered us to be Shia and call ourselves Shia .

Give it your best shot , and pls not what you believe but proof .

stop trying to worm your way round the question .

I am specifically talking about Haaroon and Muusa alaihima asalaam and Prophet Mu7ammad (pbuh) and Ali a.s.

does the comparison include Haroon a.s. loosing control of banu israel ? and Ali a.s. loosing control of the ISlamic empire ?

I gave you the book and the author name who was a sunni, you might have a sight propblem.

what I said about successor and Prophet was not my idea it is the ideology behind this subject, introdiced and acceptedby many scholars and Intellectuals whether sunni or shia.

S@jaad the thread was intended to praise Hazrat Ali (as) and Shaikhain. The basic purpose was to see where they stand in the light of Quran and Sayings of Prophet (pbuh) but you could not present a single verse (except Surah Tauba) which has been rebutted by me when presented by you second time because i rebutted it previously when a Salafi was here to find something in the praise of Shaikhain. You are taking off topic the thread by your stubbornness. Repeating the queries again and again and derailing the topic.

it is really interesting that these sunis share the same characteristics.

1. they dont present any proof.

2. they dont know rejal Elm even of their own sect

3. beat around the bush rather than giving the answer supposed to the question they are asked or the subject being discussed

4. they blame shias of what, in fact, they are to be accused of themselves.

So tell us why is Zaid a normal sa7aabi mentioned in the Quran and not one Imam By name ?

What is this criteria? Do you beleive in all 125,000/- Prophets (as). BTW you say Abu Bakar is mentioned in the verse of Tauba you mentioned. Why he was not mentioned by name :P. So Zaid was even superior to Abu Bakar in this ways???

What is this criteria? Do you beleive in all 125,000/- Prophets (as). BTW you say Abu Bakar is mentioned in the verse of Tauba you mentioned. Why he was not mentioned by name :P. So Zaid was even superior to Abu Bakar in this ways???

Not talking about Abu Bakr - Why isnt an Imam mentioned in the Quran ?

So are the prophets mentioned in the Quran higher ranked then the Imams after all :) ?

and is Zaid better than the Imams ?

Not talking about Abu Bakr - Why isnt an Imam mentioned in the Quran ?

So are the prophets mentioned in the Quran higher ranked then the Imams after all :) ?

and is Zaid better than the Imams ?

This thread is even About Abu Bakr but what one can do when Quran is silent about Him. This is your point that if some one's is mentioned in Quran then He is superior than the other but not my point. My point is that Quran has given the chracterstics of the persons and Prophet (pbuh) has described that about whose chracterstics Quran has talked about. Solely this is the purpose of the this thread to find out the Quranic verses in the praise of Ali (as) or Shaikhain and second it with the saying of Prophet (pbuh). :)

It is quite easy to have the names but too difficult to have the chracterstics. But i suggest instead of derailing the thread with off-topic foolish posts you should make one other thread to talk on this point (mentioning of name in Quran). Inshallah you will find me there :)

(salam)

I am very new at this website, but I have learned so much already, especially from this topic alone.May Allah reward everyone here that have proven Ali (as) better than the Shaikhain.Ofcourse, it's obvious Ali (as) is MUCH higher than them, and it's known there are about 300 ayat praising Ali (as).It's sad that Ali (as) is being compared to hypocrytes that claim to be successors of Muhammed (pbuh), but Inshallah the Shaikhain supporters will be guided to the right path to believe in the Messenger of Allah (pbuh), and the Ahlul Bayt(as), because they aren't following Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) if they don't follow his 12 Imams (as) which Allah (swt) chose as Prophet Muhammed's (pbuh) successors.

I mainly replied to this topic just to thank the believers, but I do have one verse from the Qu'ran, and though I'm sure many have already said this verse here, I want to keep it as a reminder to the unbelievers:

(bismillah)

æóÞóÑۡäó Ýöì ÈõíõæÊößõäøó æóáóÇ ÊóÈóÑøóÌۡäó ÊóÈóÑøõÌó ٱáۡÌóÜٰåöáöíøóÉö ٱáۡÃõæáóìٰۖ æóÃóÞöãۡäó ٱáÕøóáóæٰÉó æóÁóÇÊöíäó ٱáÒøóڪóæٰÉó æóÃóØöÚۡäó ٱááøóåó æóÑóÓõæáóåõۚ ۥۤ ÅöäøóãóÇ íõÑöíÏõ ٱááøóåõ áöíõÐۡåöÈó Úóäڪõãõ ٱáÑøöÌۡÓó Ãóåۡáó ٱáۡÈóíۡÊö æóíõØóåøöÑóßõãۡ ÊóØۡåöíÑð۬Ç

And stay in your houses. Bedizen not yourselves with the bedizenment of the Time of Ignorance. Be regular in prayer, and pay the poor-due, and obey Allah and His messenger. Allah's wish is but to remove uncleanness far from you, O Folk of the Household, and cleanse you with a thorough cleansing. [33:33]

Ahlul Bayt (as) have been thoroughly cleaned by Allah (swt).Remember this before you claim Abu Bakr was the first caliph, or when you ignorantly curse the Shia religion and say it is kufir, because once the Day of Judgment comes, you will realize how you were deeply mistaken, and the proofs were clear in the Qu'ran, but you believed in the Shaikhain.

Inshallah I will be able to participate more here and give some verses in praise of Ali (as).

(salam)

^^ Jazak Allah & welcome to the board my dear brother. :)

(salam)

Thank you, bro. (This is my new account my other one stopped working)..I just want to make a point using the same verse (33:33):

I just noticed while going around on this topic that some people are saying "Oh, no Abu Bakr was the first MAN to believe in Islam, and Imam Ali (as) was the first CHILD.Those who support this little "excuse" are wrong.You people need to notice that Ali (as) and Ahlul Bayt (as) are purified thoroughly by Allah (swt), as said in [33:33].Anyone purified by Allah (swt) is obviously infalliable...

My point:

Whether Imam Ali (as) was a CHILD,ADULT, or BABY, he would have accepted Islam.Abu Bakr was just another adult, that believed Muhammed (pbuh), but Imam Ali (as) was indeed the first man.

(salam)

(bismillah)

(salam)

Though this verse is not in the praise of Hazrat Ali (as). However, an incident is referred in the commentary of this verse which shows that Hazrat Ali (as) was more knowledgable then Shaikhain regarding Sharia and was more "Just" then them. (I am telling this to those who wrongly beleive that Shaikhain were superior to Hazrat Ali (as). I personally know this is foolish to compare Ali (as) with Shaikhain).

ÇáÒøóÇäöíóÉõ æóÇáÒøóÇäöí ÝóÇÌúáöÏõæÇ ßõáøó æóÇÍöÏò ãøöäúåõãóÇ ãöÆóÉó ÌóáúÏóÉò æóáóÇ ÊóÃúÎõÐúßõã ÈöåöãóÇ ÑóÃúÝóÉñ Ýöí Ïöíäö Çááøóåö Åöä ßõäÊõãú ÊõÄúãöäõæäó ÈöÇááøóåö æóÇáúíóæúãö ÇáúÂÎöÑö æóáúíóÔúåóÏú ÚóÐóÇÈóåõãóÇ ØóÇÆöÝóÉñ ãøöäó ÇáúãõÄúãöäöíäó {2}

[Quran 24:2] (As for) the fornicatress and the fornicator, flog each of them, (giving) a hundred stripes, and let not pity for them detain you in the matter of obedience to Allah, if you believe in Allah and the last day, and let a party of believers witness their chastisement.

To give an example of how meticulous one should be in judging such cases an event that took place in the reign of Umar bin Khattab is narrated below:

Six persons, accused of adultery, were produced before the then caliph, Umar bin Khattab. At once he sentenced them to flogging, each of them with a hundred stripes. When Ali pointed out to him that his judgement was in contravention of the divine law, Umar requested him to give his own judgement.

Ali (as) said:

Execute the first.

Stone to death the second.

Punish the third with a hundred stripes.

Punish the fourth with fifty stripes. Warn the fifth and set him free.

Set the sixth free without any penalty.

All wondered as to why Ali gave a different verdict for each of the 6 persons tried for the same crime.

Ali explained:

The first is a dhimmi, a disbeliever under the protection of the Muslim state, who committed the crime of adultery with a believing woman, and having violated the law of Islam has ceased to be a dhimmi, therefore he must be executed.

The second is a married man whose punishment is stoning to death.

The third is to be flogged with a hundred stripes because he is a bachelor.

The fourth is a slave, so fifty stripes is his punishment .

The fifth has only been warned because he was caught in the crime inadvertently.

The sixth is insane, so the law cannot be applied on him.

Then Umar said:

"Had there not been Ali, Umar would have perished."

(bismillah)

(salam)

Çááøóåõ äõæÑõ ÇáÓøóãóÇæóÇÊö æóÇáúÃóÑúÖö ãóËóáõ äõæÑöåö ßóãöÔúßóÇÉò ÝöíåóÇ ãöÕúÈóÇÍñ ÇáúãöÕúÈóÇÍõ Ýöí ÒõÌóÇÌóÉò ÇáÒøõÌóÇÌóÉõ ßóÃóäøóåóÇ ßóæúßóÈñ ÏõÑøöíøñ íõæÞóÏõ ãöä ÔóÌóÑóÉò ãøõÈóÇÑóßóÉò ÒóíúÊõæäöÉò áøóÇ ÔóÑúÞöíøóÉò æóáóÇ ÛóÑúÈöíøóÉò íóßóÇÏõ ÒóíúÊõåóÇ íõÖöíÁõ æóáóæú áóãú ÊóãúÓóÓúåõ äóÇÑñ äøõæÑñ Úóáóì äõæÑò íóåúÏöí Çááøóåõ áöäõæÑöåö ãóä íóÔóÇÁ æóíóÖúÑöÈõ Çááøóåõ ÇáúÃóãúËóÇáó áöáäøóÇÓö æóÇááøóåõ Èößõáøö ÔóíúÁò Úóáöíãñ {35}

[Quran 24:35] Allah is the light of the heavens and the earth; a likeness of His light is as a niche in which is a lamp, the lamp is in a glass, (and) the glass is as it were a brightly shining star, lit from a blessed olive-tree, neither eastern nor western, the oil whereof almost gives light though fire touch it not-- light upon light-- Allah guides to His light whom He pleases, and Allah sets forth parables for men, and Allah is Cognizant of all things.

Ýöí ÈõíõæÊò ÃóÐöäó Çááøóåõ Ãóä ÊõÑúÝóÚó æóíõÐúßóÑó ÝöíåóÇ ÇÓúãõåõ íõÓóÈøöÍõ áóåõ ÝöíåóÇ ÈöÇáúÛõÏõæøö æóÇáúÂÕóÇáö {36}

[Quran 24:36] In houses which Allah has permitted to be exalted and that His name may be remembered in them; there glorify Him therein in the mornings and the evenings,

The great mystery of existence, its eternal origin and infinite permanence is described in the most comprehensive and eloquent parable of light, which contains layer upon layer of allegorical comparisons to make apparent to man the purpose of the great author of the universe. The physical light is but a reflection of the true light in the realm of reality, and that true light is Allah. The performance of light is to manifest. It is Allah who manifests the universe. The human beings can only think of the factors of the spiritual world in terms of the phenomenal experience obtainable through physical senses; and in the phenomenal world light is the purest thing known to man. Due to the limitations of human experience man cannot see the real light but perceive only the lighted objects. So the physical experience is an illusion, because physical light has drawbacks incidental to its physical nature. It is dependent upon some source external to itself; it is a passing phenomenon; if it is taken to be a form of motion or energy it is unstable, like all physical phenomena; and it is dependent on space and time. The perfect light of Allah is free from any such defects. It prevails everywhere. It envelops everything. It is independent of time and space. The niche (mishkat) is the recess in the wall, high from the ground in the house. The divine light, according to the parable, is placed high above everything, all that which has been created, the whole universe. The lamp is the core of the real illumination. It is placed inside a glass which protects it from any outside interference or disturbance (refer to Saff: 8). The illumination shines bright like a star. In this world, governed by the laws of cause and effect, it becomes natural to know what makes the lamp burn, as no lamp burns without oil. So to give man the idea of causative factor of the generation of light, it is said that the oil of the blessed tree of olive keeps the lamp alive. It is said that after the great flood, the olive tree was the first to grow on the earth. This mystic olive is not localised. It is neither of the east nor of the west. It is universal like the light of Allah.

The light of wisdom (the Quran) in the heart of the Holy Prophet is as protected as the lamp in the glass. Verses 77 to 79 of al Waqi-ah clearly state that the Quran is a protected book; and no one can touch it save the thoroughly purified, the Ahl ul Bayt, according to the verse 33 of Ahzab. Therefore the true interpretation of "light upon light" is the Holy Prophet and his Ahl ul Bayt. It is further made clear in the next verse.

[Quran 24:36] In houses which Allah has permitted to be exalted and that His name may be remembered in them; there glorify Him therein in the mornings and the evenings,

The houses referred to in this verse are said to be (i) the Ka-bah, built by Ibrahim and Ismail (ii) the masjid in Jerusalem, built by Dawud and Sulayman (iii) the masjid in Quba and the masjid in Madina, both built under the command of the Holy Prophet.

Imam Muhammad bin Ali al Baqir said:

"The houses referred to in verse 36 of An Nur are the houses of the prophets and the holy Imams."

Thalabi, in the interpretation of this verse, relates from Anas bin Malik and Buraydah that when the Holy Prophet recited this verse, Abu Bakr stood up and asked, pointing towards the house of Ali and Fatimah, whether that house was included in the houses referred to and the Holy Prophet replied:

"Yes, and it is better than other houses to which this verse refers."

Qutadah, an eminent scholar, says that once he told Imam Jafar bin Muhammad as Sadiq, while sitting in his company:

"I sat with many a great scholar, but my heart never felt the awe and reverence in any company it feels in your presence."

The Imam said:

"Because you are sitting in the house glorified by Allah in the Quran (and recited this verse)."

For "Allah guides whom He wills to His light" see the commentary of al Baqarah: 256 and 257-he who believes in Allah, indeed, has taken hold of the firmest handhold (or rope) which will not break off. Allah brings them out of the darkness into light-It is obvious that those who are guided unto His light are the thoroughly purified ones. They alone are the manifestations of the real light. Those who follow these reflection of the divine light receive guidance from the grace of Allah to the extend or degree of their sincere attachment to them. Salman was the only companion of the Holy Prophet who achieved the distinction of becoming one of the Ahl ul Bayt.

The Holy Prophet said:

"My Ahl ul Bayt are like the ark of Nuh. Whosoever sails on it is safe, and whosoever holds back shall perish."

Nubuwwah and imamah, jointly or separately, are the most perfect guidance unto the light of Allah. Allah Himself chooses and appoints the guide, but His choice is not arbitrary. There are conditions which have to be fulfilled. Refer to the commentary of al Baqarah: 124. When Allah appointed Ibrahim as an Imam after testing his faith and awareness, for the whole mankind, he requested Allah to continue this august office in his progeny. Allah agreed to do so, but "it is a covenant which shall not reach the unjust (zalim)" was added. According to verse 13 of Luqman polytheism is the greatest injustice (zulm), therefore as explained in detail in the commentary of al Baqarah: 124 the Ahl ul Bayt of the Holy Prophet was the only group which never worshipped any ghayrallah. Those who had worshipped idols at any time in their lives could not be chosen as Imams at all, but after becoming Muslims if they had accepted the Imams of the Ahl ul Bayt as their guides, and followed them, then, according to the degree of their sincerity and awareness, they are entitled to occupy suitable position in the journey towards the enlightenment available from the light of Allah. Mere verbal profession of faith in Allah without attachment to the Ahl ul Bayt is as bad as hypocrisy.

The existence of the supreme being has been compared to light in order to make human intellect understand a great attribute of Allah, otherwise He is the inconceivable absolute who has created the light. Light is His manifestation. It is not His being.

Aqa Mahdi Puya says:

To know the proper application of ayah al Nur the following points should be kept in view:

(i) It is a parable.

(ii) A parable implies several applications corresponding to various aspects.

(iii) The light should be understood in its widest sense, as a self-evident being which is evident by itself, and through which other beings become evident.

(iv) The light emanating from a source may pass through transparent or opaque mediums. Generally it is not serviceable when it passes through an opaque medium but is profitable when it goes through a transparent medium.

Transparent mediums have different degrees of transparency. Better conductivity depends on the degree of refinement and purification of the medium.

There may be a source or cause which produces the light. It may also be self-illuminating .

(vii) Usually light proceeding from a source illuminates a particular area, leaving other areas unlighted.

(viii) The source of the light, in this verse, is not localised. It is neither of the east nor the west-not any particular area or direction. See my note in Maryam: 16 to 40.

(ix) The parable is applicable to the process of creation as well as to guidance and also to legislation in order to regulate human behaviour both as an individual and as a member of society.

(x) Light as a symbol of guidance is one of the attributes of Allah. It is manifested in both the realms of creation and legislation.

Allah is the light through which every created being comes into evidence, and every being is guided toward the destination where it should reach. To reach to the destination of salvation, bliss and satisfaction it has to do that which guidance points out.

In every realm and sphere there is a point in which the light of creation or guidance manifests itself originally, and then illuminates the surroundings. Niche {mishtat) refers to this "point" as the exalted holy place chosen for the manifestation of Allah's name and attributes. There should be an entity whose cognitive self becomes the focus of light. Such entities have been pointed out clearly in Ahzab: 33 and Ali Imran: 61 as the first and the foremost in receiving the light of existence in the arc of descent and the-last in the arc of ascent. In the realm of creation they are the best entities or "points" in which the light of creation manifested itself originally. In the realm of legislation and guidance too they are the best models.

If applied to any individual the niche is the power of expression and the "house" (in which the niche is situated) is the body.

If applied to the group of the Ahl ul Bayt and the prophets, the niche in the house is the Holy Prophet.

The divine light passed through the purest transparent chain of prophets, without any detour, and manifested itself in its full glory in the Holy Prophet, to illuminate the human society for ever.

All the mediums-lamp, glass etcetera-which are the various stages between the original source and the final spreading of the light should be of the highest transparency so as not to affect the purity of light passing through them. It implies that the minds, hearts, loins and wombs of the ancestors of the Holy Prophet were free from the dirt of polytheism.

The house in which the niche always remained is described in verse 36. There always exists a group of persons whose hearts and minds are fully occupied with the remembrance of Allah.

The niche is the source of light, and the oil of the blessed tree is a pure "light above light". There is not a slightest trace of darkness. Darkness or evil exists outside the sphere of the houses in which the niche is located and cannot enter into it.

Edited by Aabiss_Shakari

And now this is commentary compiled by Ayatullah Sayyid Kamal Faghih Imani

'Light' is something that is itself bright and causes the brightness of other things. In Islamic culture, several things have been mentioned as 'light', including: The Holy Qur'an, tradition, knowledge, wisdom, faith, guidance, Islam, the holy Prophet (p.b.u.h.), and the Infallible Imams (a.s.).

Imam Ali (a.s.) said: "Nothing I saw unless I saw Allah before it, after it, and along with it."[1]

Concerning the Pure Essence of Allah a famous Persian poet says:

When I look at desert,

I see You.

When I look at sea,

I see You.

Whatever I look at, mountain and plain,

I see a sign of Your elegant stature.

For commenting on the above verse, there have been said many words, and commentators, philosophers, and Islamic mystics have discussed a lot.

The relation of this verse with the previous verses is in this way that in the former holy verses the discussion focused on chastity, struggling against indecency by means of various ways, and since what guarantees the execution of all Divine ordinances, especially controlling unrestrained instincts, more importantly sexual instinct, which is the most powerful one, can not be done without having 'faith' as support, finally the discussion is led to 'faith' and its powerful influence, when the verse begins saying:

"Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth..."

What a nice, interesting, and valuable sentence! Yes Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. He is the brightness and illuminator of all of them.

Some commentators have interpreted the word 'Light' here as guider and leader; and some of them have interpreted it as 'lighter' and some as 'beautifying'.

All these meanings are true, but the concept of the verse is still more inclusive. In the Qur'an and Islamic Narrations some entities are called as 'light':

1. The Glorious Qur'an: As Sura Al-ma'idah, No. 5, verse 15 is recited: "... indeed there has come to you light, from Allah, a Light and a clear Book." Also recite in Sura Al-'A'raf, No. 7, verse 157: "... Then those who... and follow the light which has been sent down with him: these are they that are the prosperous ones."

2. Faith: We read in Sura Al-Baqarah, No. 2, verse 257: "Allah is the Guardian of those who have faith; He brings them out of darkness into the light..."

3. Divine Guidance and clear-sightedness: As it is mentioned in Sura Al-An'am, No. 6, verse 122: "Is he who was dead (with ignorance and polytheism) and We gave him life (by Our guidance), and provided him with a light by which he walks among the people, as one whose likeness is in the utter darkness (of ignorance and polytheism) whence he cannot come forth from thema ..."

4. Islam Religion: It is said in Sura At-Taubah, No. 9, verse 32: "... and Allah refuses but to perfect His Light, though the infidels detest it."

5. The Prophet (p.b.u.h.): In Sura Al-Ahzab, No. 33, verse 46 we read about the Prophet (p.b.u.h.): "And as a summoner unto Allah by His permission, and as a light-giving torch."

6. Imams and the Infallible Leaders: As we read in Ziyarat-i-Jami'ah: "Allah created you (as) lights, then He set you encircled (His Throne)." In the same Ziyarat we read: "You are the light for the good ones and guiders of those who do good deeds."

7. Science and Knowledge: This is also mentioned as light, as we read in a famous tradition: "Knowledge is a light that Allah casts in any heart that He wills."

The above mentioned matters are on one side and, on the other side, we must study carefully the special characteristics of light some of its properties and qualities are as follows:

a. Light is the most beautiful and delicate entity in the world of material. It is the source of all beauties and delicacies.

b. As scientists say, light has got the highest velocity in the world; 300,000 kilometers per second. Light can circulate the earth 7 times in less than a second (in a wink), therefore, extraordinarily great astronomical distances are only measured by the speed of light per year. It means the extent that light, with its extraordinary speed, can go in a year.

c. Light is a means for making things comprehensible and for viewing different creatures of the world. Without it we cannot see anything, therefore, it is both visible and making visible.

d. The light of the sun, which is the most important light of our world, grows flowers and plants. It is in fact the secret of all living creatures' survival, and it is impossible for any one or any creature to continue to live without light (directly or indirectly).

e. Today, it has been proven that all the colours that we see are the result of sunlight or other similar lights, otherwise, creatures have no colour in absolute darkness.

f. All existing energies in our environment, except atomic energy, are resulted from sunlight. The movement of Winds, falling of rain, movement of rivers, floods, and waterfalls and, finally, the movement of all living creatures are derived from sunlight.

The source of warmness, heat and what warms creatures is the very sunlight. Even the heat of fire that is gained from wood of trees or coal or petroleum and its derivatives are from the heat of sun, because all of them go back, according to scientific researches, to plants and animals that have acquired heat from sun and have stored it in themselves. Therefore, the movement of engines is because of it, too.

g. The light of sun kills kinds of microbes and harmful insects. And if there were not the shining of this blissful light, the earth would turn into a great hospital whose inhabitants would be coming to grips with death.

Shortly, as we look more and closely at this strange phenomenon of the world (light), its valuable benefits and blesses will be more obvious.

Now, with these two introductions, if we want to choose a parallel or comparison from among sensible creatures of this world for Allah's Pure Essence (although He, the Almighty, is higher than any comparison), can we select any word other than 'light'? He is the same Lord Who is the Creator of all universe. He is the Lighter of the world of creation, all living creatures are alive because of His command, and all creatures are sustained by Him, so that if for a second He stops His blissful looking at creatures, all will be inexistent.

It is interesting that as much as any being is related to Him, it acquires luminousness with respect to it:

The Holy Qur'an is light, because it is His words.

Islam is light, because it is His religion.

The prophets are light, because they are His messengers.

Infallible Imams (a.s.) are Divine lights, because they are guardians of His religion after the prophets.

Faith is light, because it is the secret of relationship with Him.

Knowledge is light, because it brings familiarity with Him. Therefore,

"Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth..."

If we consider a wider meaning for light, that is: 'anything whose essence is obvious and apparent and clears other things', in this case applying the word 'light' to His Pure Essence is not likening, because nothing in the world of creation is more apparent and obvious than Him, and all other things than Him are apparent because of Him.

In the book named: TauHud we read a tradition by Imam Ali Ibn mas-ar-Rida (a.s.). That Imam was questioned about the interpretation of the verse, "Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth...", and he said: "He guides both the inhabitants of the earth and the inhabitants of the heavens."

In fact, this is one of the qualities of the Divine Light, but it is certainly not limited to it. Thus, all the mentioned commentaries of this verse can be included in what was said. Each of them refers to one of the dimensions of this unique Light.

It is interesting that in the 47th part of Jushan KAbir supplication, which is a collection of Allah's attributes, we read: "...Oh Light of lights! Oh Lighter of lights! Oh Creator of lights! Oh Administrator of light! Oh Measurer of light! Oh Light of all lights! Oh Light before any light! Oh Light after any light! Oh Light that is superior to any light! Oh Light that has no parallel!"

Therefore, all lights of universe come from His Light and return to the Light of His Pure Essence.

Mentioning the above fact, the holy Qur'an specifies the manner and the way of Divine Light by means of an exact and nice similitude. It says:

"... The similitude of His light is as a niche wherein is a lamp. The lamp is in a glass. The glass is as it were a glittering star, lit from a blessed olive-tree, neither of the East nor of the West, whose oil would almost glow forth (of itself) though no fire touched it. Light upon light, Allah guides unto His Light whom He pleases, and Allah sets forth similitudes for mankind, and Allah is All-Aware of all things."

To explain this example, paying attention to some matters is necessary:

The Arabic word/miskat/ is, in fact, a hole and a tiny place which was used to be created in a wall and old common lanterns were kept in it in order to be protected from wind and storm. And sometimes a ledge was made in the room and the side of that part of the wall, toward the yard, was covered with glass. Thus, both inside of the room and the yard were lighted, meanwhile the lantern was saved from any wind and storm. Again 'Mishkat' was also applied to the glass cases that were made in the form of cubic rectangle, which had a lid and on the top of it there was an opening for letting air out and it was used for putting light in it. In short, 'Mishkat' is a case for protecting light against wind and storm and, since it was often made in wall, the light was focused and reflected.

The Arabic word /Zujajah/ means glass. In fact, it is applied to transparent stones and since glass is made of stone materials and it is transparent, it is also called /zujajah/. Here it means a bulb that is put on the lamp to protect its flame and to lead the movement of air from bottom to the top and to increase the lightness of the torch.

The Arabic word /misbah/ means a lamp that usually has a wick and a flammable oil material and the wick is burned.

The Qur'anic sentence "... lit from a blessed olive-tree, neither of the East nor of the West, ..." refers to an energetic material which is particularly suitable for this lamp, because olive oil is pressed from a blissful and fruitful tree. It is one of the best oils for burning. It comes from a tree that all its branches and stems must be equally exposed to sunlight and it must be neither located in the eastern part of the garden near wall nor in the western part of it, where one side of it is in expose of sunlight, otherwise, its fruits will be half ripe and half unripe nor its oil will be pure. Now we realize that for having a full light of this lamp, we must have 4 factors: a lantern which protects the lamp completely, and focuses light without decreasing its light. A bulb that regulates the movement of air and it must be so transparent that does never prevent lighting. A lamp that produces light by using wick. And, finally, an energetic material that is pure and clean and must be so flammable that as though it is going to be burnt without touch of fire.

All of these, on one side, show the reality of material and its appearance. On the other side, great Islamic commentators

have different opinions about the concept of this likening; or, in other words, to what Divine Light it is likened:

Some say that its purpose is that guiding light that Allah casts in the heart of the believers; in other words, its purpose is 'faith' that is placed in the hearts of the believers.

Some say that it is the holy Qur'an that casts light in the heart of man.

Some say that the similitude refers to the noble Prophet (p.b.u.h.).

Some say that it refers to the reasons of monotheism and Allah's justice.

Some commentators have interpreted it as the spirit of piety and obedience, which is the cause of goodness and prosperity.

In fact, all the extensions that are for the spiritual light in the holy Qur'an and Islamic narrations are mentioned here as commentary. The spirit and concept of all of them is, in fact, one thing and that is the light of 'guidance', which comes from the holy Qur'an, revelation, and prophets, and it develops by reasons of monotheism and its result is submitting to Allah's command and piety.

Note: The light of faith that is in the heart of the believers has all these 4 factors which exist in a lighting lamp.

"Misbah" is those very flames of faith that appear in the heart of the believer wherefrom the light of guidance comes.

"Zujajah" and bulb is the heart of the believer that controls faith in his entity. And "ieshkat" is the chest of the believer or, in another word, it is the collection of his personality, knowledge, sciences, and thoughts that saves his faith from mishaps.

The meaning of the Qur'anic phrase which says: "... a blessed olive-tree, ..." is the very Divine revelation whose essence is fully pure and sincere and the believers' faith is fruitful and flaming by it.

In fact,this is the Light of Allah,the light which illuminates the heavens and the earth, and it comes from the center of the believers' heart and lights all their entity and being.

The reasons that are gained through wisdom and intellect are mixed with the light of revelation and will be the extension of 'light upon light'.

And it is by this that the receptive hearts are guided to the Divine light, and the concept of "... Allah guides unto His Light whom He pleases ..." is applied to them.

Therefore, for saving this Divine Light (the light of faith and guidance), a collection of Islamic teachings, knowledge, self-edification,and ethic is necessary to protect this "Misbah" as a "Mishkat" does.

It also needs an apt and receptive heart to regulate this program like 'zujajah'. And help through revelation is needed to give energy to it, like the blessed olive tree.

And this light of revelation must be free from deviating money-oriented tendencies that are western and eastern and cause decay, evilness and darkness.

It must be so pure, and clear, free from deviation that it mobilizes all man's powers without help of anything and becomes the extension of "... whose oil would almost glow forth (of itself) though no fire touched it..."

Any kind of interpretation by personal opinion, incorrect prejudice, personal tastes, imposed ideas, inclination to west and east, and any superstitions that defile the fruit of this blessed tree will decrease the luminosity of this lamp and sometimes put out the light.

This is the example that Allah has stated for His Light in this verse and He is All-Aware of all things.

We understand from the above matters that if we see in narrations by the infallible Imams that 'Mishkat' is interpreted as the heart of the Prophet (p.b.u.h.), 'Misbah' as the light of knowledge, 'Zujajah'' as Imam Ali (a.s.), his successors, and 'Shajaratin Muburakah' (the blessed tree) as 'IbRuhim Khalil who is the root of this family, and the Qur'anic sentence: "neither of the East nor of the West" as negation of inclination to Judaism and Christianity, these are in fact the other face of that light of guidance and faith and are the statement of a clear extension of them, but it is not limited to them only.

And also if some commentators have interpreted this Divine Light as the holy Qur'an or intellectual reasons, or the holy Prophet (p.b.u.h.), it has a root in common with the commentary of the above verse, too.

(bismillah)

(salam)

[Quran 24:35] Allah is the light of the heavens and the earth; a likeness of His light is as a niche in which is a lamp, the lamp is in a glass, (and) the glass is as it were a brightly shining star, lit from a blessed olive-tree, neither eastern nor western, the oil whereof almost gives light though fire touch it not-- light upon light-- Allah guides to His light whom He pleases, and Allah sets forth parables for men, and Allah is Cognizant of all things.

When i recited "light upon light", it made me remember the "Conquerence of Makkah" when Ali bin Abi Talib (as) climbed up the shoulders of Hazrat Muhammad (pbuh) and broke the idols. :)

Allahuma Salae Ala Muhammadin Wa Aalae Muhammad.

Edited by Aabiss_Shakari