Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
The Power Of 14

Imam Jafa'ar Sadiq (as)'s Loved Abu Bakr?

Rate this topic

(salam)

May you all be in the Best of Health, ameen :)

Okay lets look at Naqshbandis, i was just browsing through websites n i stumbled upon this Naqshbandi website, and saw Imam Jafa'ar Sadiq (as)'s name, and so i clicked and this is what i found:

Jafar ibn Muhammad received from the Prophet two lines of inheritance: the secret of the Prophet through Ali and through Abu Bakr .

In him the two lineages met and for that reason he was called ?Inheritor of the Prophetic Station and of the Truthful Station .?

In him was reflected the light of the knowledge of Truth and Reality. That light shone forth and that knowledge was spread widely through him during his lifetime.

Jafar (as) narrated from his father, Muhammad al-Baqir, that a man came to his grandfather, Zain al-Abidin , and said:

?Tell me about Abu Bakr!? He said, ?You mean as-Siddiq??

The man said, ?How do you call him as-Siddiq when he is against you, the family of the Prophet ?? He replied, ?Woe to you. The Prophet r called him ?as-Siddiq? and God accepted his title of as-Siddiq. If you want to come to me, keep the love of Abu Bakr and Umar in your heart.?

Jafar (as) said:

The best intercession that I hope for is the intercession of Abu Bakr as-Siddiq .?

The following invocation is reported from Jafar as-Sadiq :

O God, You are my witness that I love Abu Bakr and I love Umar and if what I am saying is not true may God cut me off from the intercession of Muhammad .

:!!!: haha made me laff, so brothers n sisters, i wonder wht u guys think???

Heres the link if u want to have a look urself :P http://www.nurmuhammad.com/GoldenChain/GS/...njafarsadiq.htm

Ali Ali

Ya sis

TPO14

Edited by The Power Of 14

lol

Well I read once on Shichat, that Sayyid Fadlalla said a hadith (not in same terms) on Imam Jafar (as) that he said that he has two mothers or alike.

But you know brother, I an ex sunni don't hate Abu Bakr like some Shias hate him. For me Abu Bakr was a great companion of the Prophet no doubt in it, maybe some hypocritical after the dead of the Prophet but you know we can't compare him to Imam Ali (as). But I think Abu Bakr made many efforts to follow Islam correctly.

This matter of Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthman is to take in the context of history and not by expressing our feelings or our immense love for the Ahlul Bayt. Yes they were hypocritcals in their deeds toward Ahlul Bayt but don't forget that the major 2 groups after the death of the Prphet were one of the Family of the Prophet and the other one of Companions.

Personaly, I am not for FITNA in the muslim umma.

Maybe we SHIAS don't emphasize very much the deeds of those companions who fell martyrs in the battles for Islam. Afterall, Islam is not complete without the EARLY COMPANIONS of the Prophet.

Don't forget this brother.

Edited by bakr_umar

Btw im a girl, just thought i let u kno eh :)

Yes brother he made efforts, but they were invain, because i dnt, personally think that after Killing Paak Bibi Fatima (sa), that i can love him more, or hate him less.

And he made efforts, good for him, but his best pal Umar didnt help him, plus thats it really isnt it, doesnt matter how many efforts he made, he still committed something i dnt think he will ever get forgiveness for.

But hey thats my opinion, u neva know maybe because the Nearly Companions made Islam, sahabas like Abu Bakr n Umar may Get Jannah, u no... after killing Hazrat Mohsin (as) or Crushing Paak Bibi (sa) behind a door... ;)

But still who am i to judge :) Thnk you for your input brother, its greatly apreciated :) btw i dnt mean to sound sarci, if i do im sorry :angel:

Ali Ali

Ya sis

TPO14

Btw im a girl, just thought i let u kno eh :)

Yes brother he made efforts, but they were invain, because i dnt, personally think that after Killing Paak Bibi Fatima (sa), that i can love him more, or hate him less.

And he made efforts, good for him, but his best pal Umar didnt help him, plus thats it really isnt it, doesnt matter how many efforts he made, he still committed something i dnt think he will ever get forgiveness for.

But hey thats my opinion, u neva know maybe because the Nearly Companions made Islam, sahabas like Abu Bakr n Umar may Get Jannah, u no... after killing Hazrat Mohsin (as) or Crushing Paak Bibi (sa) behind a door... ;)

But still who am i to judge :) Thnk you for your input brother, its greatly apreciated :) btw i dnt mean to sound sarci, if i do im sorry :angel:

Ali Ali

Ya sis

TPO14

lol Sister

Nor Abu Bakr, nor Umar, nor Uthman killed Lady fatimah (as)

And as for the Hadiths by Imam Sadiq (as) and Imam Zayn ul Abideen (as). Who's the narrator? In which books are they? That site doesn't even give references. Sounds like fake.

And as for the Hadiths by Imam Sadiq (as) and Imam Zayn ul Abideen (as). Who's the narrator? In which books are they? That site doesn't even give references. Sounds like fake.

LOL

Ye, i was going through websites and discovered this one, made me laff, its a Naqshbandi site n to think they believe all this, sheeesh :(

The mother of Hazrat Imam Jafar as Sadiq (as) was grand daughter of Abu bakar. She was descendant of Muhammad Bin Abu Bakar (ra). Muhammad Bin Abu Bakar (ra) came to Hazrat Ali (as) when his mother Asma Bint e Umeess was married to Ali (as) after the death of Abu Bakar. Muhammad Bin Abu Bakar (ra) was true momin and even he (ra) fought against Aysha in the battle of Jamal and after the battle took her back to Madina. This clearly shows how much adherence Muhammad Bin Abu Bakar (ra) had with Abu Bakar's family.

The mother of Hazrat Imam Jafar as Sadiq (as) was grand daughter of Abu bakar. She was descendant of Muhammad Bin Abu Bakar (ra). Muhammad Bin Abu Bakar (ra) came to Hazrat Ali (as) when his mother Asma Bint e Umeess was married to Ali (as) after the death of Abu Bakar. Muhammad Bin Abu Bakar (ra) was true momin and even he (ra) fought against Aysha in the battle of Jamal and after the battle took her back to Madina. This clearly shows how much adherence Muhammad Bin Abu Bakar (ra) had with Abu Bakar's family.

Fatimid shia sources dont agree with your stement.these are abbassid by products.Muhammad bin abu bakr was a Step-Son of abu bakr,NOT biological son of abu bakr.During the ''ridha wars''ábu bakr also ordered the murder of many shiites who refused him Zakat.one of the war prisoners form these campaigns was muhammad''bin''abu bakrs mother.and also imam Baqir had 2 wives named umm Farwa.one was a Hassani sayeda and another was the Granddaughter of muhammad(r.a).it is not clear wich one was Jafar(a.s)'s Mother.in any case its safe to say jafar al-sadiq(SWS) has no blood relation with abu bakr.

Imam Jafar Sadiq was the descendent of both Muhammad ibn abu bakr and Abdur rahman ibn abu bakr

Muhammad ibn abu bakrs son Qasim was married to Asma the daughter of Abdur rahman ibn abu bakr and their daughter Um Farwa was the mother of Imam Jafar Sadiq. Both Sunni and Shia agree on this as it is written in both sunni and Shia books. There is not dispute on this. Muhammad ibn abu bakr was killed by the ummayads in Egypt and Abdur rahman was well know for his hatred of the appointment of Yazid. His challenged Muawiya publicly on this. It appears he died soon after.  

lol

Well I read once on Shichat, that Sayyid Fadlalla said a hadith (not in same terms) on Imam Jafar (as) that he said that he has two mothers or alike.

But you know brother, I an ex sunni don't hate Abu Bakr like some Shias hate him. For me Abu Bakr was a great companion of the Prophet no doubt in it, maybe some hypocritical after the dead of the Prophet but you know we can't compare him to Imam Ali (as). But I think Abu Bakr made many efforts to follow Islam correctly.

This matter of Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthman is to take in the context of history and not by expressing our feelings or our immense love for the Ahlul Bayt. Yes they were hypocritcals in their deeds toward Ahlul Bayt but don't forget that the major 2 groups after the death of the Prphet were one of the Family of the Prophet and the other one of Companions.

Personaly, I am not for FITNA in the muslim umma.

Maybe we SHIAS don't emphasize very much the deeds of those companions who fell martyrs in the battles for Islam. Afterall, Islam is not complete without the EARLY COMPANIONS of the Prophet.

Don't forget this brother.

I am so confused if you have really converted!!

This issue is undoubted in shia sources and there are plenty of ahadith which prove these people involved in Lady's martyrdom ( or more than involvement).Also there are some sunni proofs in this regard and even Ibn Taymiyah admitted so tried to vindicate(minhaj ussunna 8:291)  . I do not want to bring narrations to this thread but i give you only some sources:

Almusannaf 7:432

Tarikh Tabari 3:202,430

Alighdulfarid 5:13,2:254

Alimamh wassyasah 1:18

By the way let us not talk about her martyrdom , would you please tell me her idea about these people?was she satisfied with them?

refer to these books and find the answer:

sahih albukhari 4:42

musnad ahmad 1:6

sunan bayhaghi 6:300

Regarding what you mentioned about companions I accept that many people helped prophet and I do not talk about their intentions but that does not mean we should not hate them regarding dirty work they have done to Ahlulbayt.Let me give you an example :

Talhah and Zubayr helped Islam a lot but we hate them since they have established a war against their Imam to whom they have paid homage.Every Muslim including people you mentioned paid homage to Ali as on Ghadir they broke their word though.Let us see what quran says about such people:

فَبِما نَقْضِهِمْ ميثاقَهُمْ لَعَنَّاهُمْ وَ جَعَلْنا قُلُوبَهُمْ قاسِيَةً يُحَرِّفُونَ الْكَلِمَ عَنْ مَواضِعِهِ وَ نَسُوا حَظًّا مِمَّا ذُكِّرُوا بِهِ وَ لا تَزالُ تَطَّلِعُ عَلى‏ خائِنَةٍ مِنْهُمْ إِلاَّ قَليلاً مِنْهُمْ فَاعْفُ عَنْهُمْ وَ اصْفَحْ إِنَّ اللَّهَ يُحِبُّ الْمُحْسِنينَ

Then, because of their breaking their covenant We cursed them and made their hearts hard: they pervert words from their meanings, and have forgotten a part of what they were reminded. You will not cease to learn of some of their treachery, excepting a few of them. Yet excuse them and forbear. Indeed Allah loves the virtuous(5:13)

وَ الَّذينَ يَنْقُضُونَ عَهْدَ اللَّهِ مِنْ بَعْدِ ميثاقِهِ وَ يَقْطَعُونَ ما أَمَرَ اللَّهُ بِهِ أَنْ يُوصَلَ وَ يُفْسِدُونَ فِي الْأَرْضِ أُولئِكَ لَهُمُ اللَّعْنَةُ وَ لَهُمْ سُوءُ الدَّارِ

But as for those who break Allah's compact after having pledged it solemnly, and sever what Allah has commanded to be joined, and cause corruption in the earth it is such on whom the curse will lie, and for them will be the ills of the] ultimate [abode(13:25)

إِنَّ شَرَّ الدَّوَابِّ عِنْدَ اللَّهِ الَّذينَ كَفَرُوا فَهُمْ لا يُؤْمِنُونَ الَّذينَ عاهَدْتَ مِنْهُمْ ثُمَّ يَنْقُضُونَ عَهْدَهُمْ في‏ كُلِّ مَرَّةٍ وَ هُمْ لا يَتَّقُونَ 

Indeed the worst of beasts in Allah's sight are those who are faithless; so they will not have fait.Those with whom you made a treaty, and who violated their treaty every time, and who are not God wary(8:56)

Yes, when we look at the book Kash ful ghumma, we see that it is highly unreliable and not an established Shi'i hadith book. Almost all of the ahadith in it are weak.

bakr_umar is right twelvers o today generally speaking don't highlite enough the sacrifices made by the early companons of the Prophet even the ones who were actually quite sympathetic to the cause of ALi

if you are not son of abu talib you are pretty much excluded from any public remembrance in twelve circles, I'm sure not the case of twelve scholars though who have recounted the deeds and heroics of these sahaba in their works

even if you are a banu hashim sahabi  e.g many son of Harith of banu hashim who fought in Badr etc

Source of this opinion?

It is not among those that we use often, in which most of the hadiths are weak anyway (al Kaafi has mostly weak hadiths), and little is information on the author is available. It's not even one of the hadith books that we even use occasionally either. Basically, it's pretty unknown from what I know of it. To add to that, the trustable narrations from Ja'far al Sadiq (as) contradict what has supposedly been said by him in this narration.

ws

Yes, when we look at the book Kash ful ghumma, we see that it is highly unreliable and not an established Shi'i hadith book. Almost all of the ahadith in it are weak.

Lol

Ok pal

I have personally met Shia scholars and asked them of their opinion

So whatever mate

Lol

Ok pal

I have personally met Shia scholars and asked them of their opinion

So whatever mate

Sorry to burst your bubble but most of al Kaafi has mostly weak ahadith and that is our most reliable book. You just can't rely on books like these. I don't know which scholars told you that this book is reliable because it just isn't- its highly unreliable.

ws

Edited by Thaqalyn

Sorry to burst your bubble but most of al Kaafi has mostly weak ahadith and that is our most reliable book. You just can't rely on books like these. I don't know which scholars told you that this book is reliable because it just isn't- its highly unreliable.

ws

It was not about reliability .... It was about whose book it is ..... It is a Shia book ....now if u say its unreliable than that's fine ..... Obviously when someone has written things against ur point of view .... How will it be reliable .... Anyways I leave it here ....

JAZAKALLAH KHER