In the Name of God بسم الله

Forcing Hijab

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Basically.... i know that some of you are going to pounce on me and i feel shameful to say it but... i dont wear a headscarf.

I know its really bad - I pray, I fast, I read quran, n my clothes are hijab, but Im finding it so difficult to wear head scarf. I dress modestly as to not attract attention to myself and I hope once I understand Islam a bit better then my faith will grow strong enough to find strength within me to wear it.

But for now, Im just not ready - the last thing I want to do is wear it and risk the chance that Id want to take it off.

My mother has always guided us but at the same time leave us to make our own decisions.

Im in my early 20s...and my mum has just decided that she going to force me to wear hijab... even thought im not ready. she is not accepting any excuse and says it is her duty as a mother to ensure I follow the rules.

She started comparing me to other family members and sayin im the only one that doesnt wear it - but they do bad things in secret!! mums argument was that at least nobody made the assumption that they are slags because they wear headscarf.

Surely, this cannot be true? I thought hijab had to start from within - how can somebody just wear hijab because they are forced to do so? That doesnt make somebody muslim, nor represent a stronger faith.

Somebody please give me your ideas - me and my mum are usually close but this is creating a distance between us!!

• Basic Members

I agree with shiasoldier ... dont mean to gang up on you sister but hijab is wajib.I have had this discussion with sisters that dont wear hijab before and the response that i get is very similar to yours. They tell me that they dont wear it because they are not ready ... My response is when will you be ready ? This is a sentiment that many muslim women have... when they are young and beautiful they dont wear it,but when they grow older and see that life is not so long,then they start practicing and being "good" muslims.

Having said that i totally understand where you are coming from ... many hijabi girls these days have become corrupted and make a mockery of truely practicing muslim girls. My advice is read up about advantages of hijab ... how it will benefit you!! and more importantly how it will improve your religion. One of the most interesting things i discovered from girls that were double minded about wearing hijab was that if they did wear it ... they wanted to wear it because they acually believed in it and wanted to do it properly . They felt that wearing it and then taking it off was disrespectful and a shame. I totally support these sentiments and believe that inshallah if you do decide to wear hijab that you follow it for its true purpose.

I end with a quote from Imam Ali (A.s) The worst sin is that which the sinner takes lightly.

Best of Luck !!!

• Advanced Member
I have tried it on my sister she yelled at me..

Also women usually think hijab is wajib when im ready..

Well guess what!!!! its wajib when your 9!!!

Soory for seeming like a whabbi @) but why do people not want to wear hijab..

Thanks for attempting to look at it from my point of view(!)

I didnt grow up around islamic surroundings, I found true islam by myself through my own research and thirst for knowledge. I dont have any muslim friends as there arent any in this area.

You may not be able to understand it and I dont have to justify myself to you as that wasnt my question - you may not understand and may look down on me, but i do not feel ready to - wearin a headscarf holds a big responsibility - its not just about placing a cloth over your head - anyone can do that - its the beauty of islam showing through your presence as a symbol. but me wearing one would change my life in every single way - and yes, maybe for the good. I just want my faith to grow a lot stronger than it is now - i dont want to wear one then just feel like a hypocrite. - how can one change their identity to a certain way without fully understanding islam?

• Advanced Member

Yes, its Wajib. No, it cannot be forced.

ÓõæۡÑóÉõ ÇáÈóÞóÑóÉ

ÈöÓۡãö ٱááåö ٱáÑøóÍۡãóÜٰäö ٱáÑøóÍöíãö

áóÇٓ ÅößۡÑóÇåó Ýöì ٱáÏøöíäöۖ ÞóÏ ÊøóÈóíøóäó ٱáÑøõÔۡÏõ ãöäó ٱáۡÛóìøöۚ Ýóãóä íóßۡÝõÑۡ ÈöٱáØøóÜٰÛõæÊö æóíõÄۡãöäۢ Èöٱááøóåö ÝóÞóÏö ٱÓۡÊóãۡÓóßó ÈöٱáۡÚõÑۡæóÉö ٱáۡæõËۡÞóìٰ áóÇ ٱäÝöÕóÇãó áóåóÇۗ æóٱááøóåõ ÓóãöíÚñ Úóáöíãñ (٢٥٦)

Al-Baqara 2:256

Let there be no compulsion in religion. Truth stands out clear from Error; whoever rejects Evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things. (256)

• Advanced Member
I end with a quote from Imam Ali (A.s) The worst sin is that which the sinner takes lightly.

Best of Luck !!!

Im not taking it lightly - everyday I wish I had the guts to wear it. and I know you'll say its shaytaan pulling me back. maybe it is. i just want that feeling to go away. but for now, no one answered my question - how is it right to make someone wear hijab if they didnt fully understand islam or the point of it?

• Advanced Member
Im not taking it lightly - everyday I wish I had the guts to wear it. and I know you'll say its shaytaan pulling me back. maybe it is. i just want that feeling to go away. but for now, no one answered my question - how is it right to make someone wear hijab if they didnt fully understand islam or the point of it?

Your question was answered sister 2:256 (above). Refer it to Allah and His Prophet (SAAS)

• Basic Members

Well ... if you were younger and your parents told you to wear a headscarf, they would have done so because they know that it would be for your own good.. in terms of modesty etc. Islam does not force hijab onto women but it does have its advantages even if you do not understand islam as well as you should. I do however feel that it is your duty to find out about feminism in islam especially if you live in a western culture which is unfamiliar with hijab... there are books which would be useful to read and familiarise yourself with the basic concepts e.g. Women: by Mahdi Mahrizi

• Advanced Member

Ofcoz, hijab is Wajib. But forcing someone is not right.

Prophet Muhammad too didnt force people to accept Islam, he preached them and taught them the importance of religion.

Sister, Allah has blessed us with soo much, and in return He just asked us to pray, fast, and for girls to wear Hijab. We can atleast do this for Allah, cant we? Look at His blessings, they're uncountable, and look at us? What are we doing for Allah? Going out and letting Na-Mahrams see us without our Hijab?!

Sister, just imagine how our Prophets and Imams feel when they see the ladies of thier Ummah without thier headcovered. And how happy Shaitan gets when he sees majority of ladies without headcovered.

All this feelings of not wanting to fulfill the Orders of Allah is the whisper of Shaitan. And in even Quran, Allah says, Only My Faithful servants will not listen to the whispers of Satan.

I was 12 when my mom asked me to wear hijab, and i always refused, but when she told me all what i have said to you, i realized my mistake and realized how wrong i was and how i was making the Satan happy by this, i took up Hijab, and alhumd, i wear a strict and proper Hijab. And im thankful to Allah for guuding me.

Moreover, we cover ourselves when we pray, why do we do that? Its just coz Allah wants us to be that way. If Allah wants us to pray with headcovered and not even a single hair shud be seen, even when we're at home and praying, than think how we shud be when we're outside!!

May Allah bless you and may you understand the importance of Hijab! Its the flag of Islam! We shud be proud of it!

Edited by Mrs F

• Advanced Member

out of three sisters I have, one doesn't wear it, because she feels its just a piece of cloth on top of her already modest clothing and behaviour... And that you get sisters who wear it but it isn't reflected behaviour wise...

...In that case if it is just a piece of cloth then so what? If youknow then covering your hair is pleasing to Allah SWT (and vice versa) as per the interpretations of the Qur'an and Sunnah, then what is stopping you? Do you really want to show people your hair that much? OR are are you scared of hiding it from people?

I see a beard as the hijaab for men, so when I grw mine one ramadhan, I looked in the mirror and thought "yallah why not", of course i attracted criticism from family members and even some friends, but I kept onto it, and now I have something I thougth I never would have, regardless of whether I was ready.

At-least try it, go see your hijaabi friends and get them to help you out Insha'Allah, don't get all fashuonable with it otherwise Allah SWT will question your intentions as to whether you wanted to please Him or whether you wanted to look as acceptable as possible with your hijaab...

as-salam `alaykum,

First, I want you to know I mean this with (in sha Allah) the best of intentions. Though my words may seem harsh, they are with the concern of a brother in the faith. And two, I am a sinner myself with so many areas in which I am lacking, and fall terribly short of the ideals and goods we speak of.

When you became baligh, it became wajib on you to do this. You being "ready" or not is irrelevant, it is the law. (How many nine year old girls do you really think are going to be fully cognizant of all the reasoning, philosophy, commitment and so on when they start wearing it anyhow?) By not covering, and continuing to not do so even though you know you're supposed to, you are sinning. As such, you are risking the punishment in the Hereafter by continuing this course. So as to you question, your mother putting pressure on you to wear it is likely because she cares about you, her daughter, and is afraid of what become of you should you persist in your disobeying of Allah's Law. What she's trying to do now (I'd guess) is some amr bi'l-ma`ruf wa nahi `an al-munkar.

The "I'm not ready" excuse is simply an excuse, and not very convincing to other than yourself. Should you delay performing your prayers, your fasts, and so on until you have reached a higher level of spiritual gnosis? Or do you think maybe you'll never get there _until_ you start doing the required actions?

Personally, I think too much emphasis is put on the headscarf at times. Don't get me wrong there, I believe in its obligation, what I mean is that what is wajib is to cover your `awrah completely, of which the hair of a woman is a part. Are you hesistant to cover your breasts in public? Why not? What is the difference between that and covering the hair? The difference is simply that non-Muslims don't do it generally speaking (do you think that will be a good excuse before God for why you haven't been doing it? that you're following the customs of people outside your faith?) Also, as women tend to have a lot of vanity surrounding their beauty (which is fine, actually), and hair being a large part of that, this one simple thing (cover it) seems to them an immense challenge to overcome. Don't you see though? As it is a challenge in itself, wearing it in itself is the (at least initial) answer to that. There is no being "ready" for it. You either do it (and be living in conformity with the Law) or you don't (and you sin). What's holding you (and other sisters) back is ego, and Shaytan and his minions are taking advantage of that.

How by sinning will you somehow get holier to the point where you will then obey the Law? Would you agree with a person who said they weren't holy enough to stop drinking alcohol, so until they are, they'll keep doing it?

And finally, ask yourself this. What do you think Hadhrat Fatima (as) would think? What would you tell her if you met her?

• Advanced Member

You seem to know what hijab is and it's importance. So I'm not gonna say why you should do it or it's benefits, I'm sure u already know. :)

Hijab is Wajib, but you already know that. Prayer is also wajib, but what would you say to someone that said, "I'm not ready for prayers, because I don't wanna feel like a hypocrite. I'd rather grow stronger in faith first."

There's a quote I read before, I'm not sure which Imam it's from or it's source, maybe someone else here can help me, but it goes something like, "Don't sacrifice religion for the sake of humility."

I understand that you feel you might wanna take it off after wearing it for a while, but don't you think that's the real test? Don't you think that you'll grow stronger once you actually wear it? Having to wait for stronger faith doesn't make sense to me. I think wearing it will strengthen faith, not waiting to wear it.

• Advanced Member
Yes, its Wajib. No, it cannot be forced.

ÓõæۡÑóÉõ ÇáÈóÞóÑóÉ

áóÇٓ ÅößۡÑóÇåó Ýöì ٱáÏøöíäöۖ ÞóÏ ÊøóÈóíøóäó ٱáÑøõÔۡÏõ ãöäó ٱáۡÛóìøöۚ Ýóãóä íóßۡÝõÑۡ ÈöٱáØøóÜٰÛõæÊö æóíõÄۡãöäۢ Èöٱááøóåö ÝóÞóÏö ٱÓۡÊóãۡÓóßó ÈöٱáۡÚõÑۡæóÉö ٱáۡæõËۡÞóìٰ áóÇ ٱäÝöÕóÇãó áóåóÇۗ æóٱááøóåõ ÓóãöíÚñ Úóáöíãñ (٢٥٦)

Al-Baqara 2:256

Let there be no compulsion in religion. Truth stands out clear from Error; whoever rejects Evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things. (256)

Br. Asad, reading upon the tafseer of that Ayah, it refers more along to no compulsion in forcing someone to follow Islam, it is not discussing certain aspects of religion or enforcing them. But like Imam Ali (as) has mentioned in Hadeeth, there will come a time when people will take what they want from Islam and leave what they find doesn't suit them.

A question that just often boggles my mind is that 'Surely Allah (SWT) knew that many Muslim women will not feel 'ready', yet He, in His Infinite Wisdom, He made it compulsory on Muslim Women at the age of 9. So are we saying that He is not aware of our inner feelings of not being ready or anticipation or other thoughts?

There has been logic behind every law laid by Allah (SWT), so what's different about this one?

I sympathize with you, and I understand that we may not truly know how you are feeling with the distance between you and your mother, but all I can advise is that please take a moment and ponder, why has Allah (SWT) made it wajib? If surely He is right, then the fact that you aren't feeling 'ready' is not right, because Allah (SWT) only enforces logically and with reasoning and Infinite Wisdom.

Please do not mistake the above verse of compulsion in religion, the tafseer narrates that to be no compulsion in converting to religion, though Prophet Muhammad (SAW) spread the religion of Islam, he did not force anybody to convert, yet if you are a Muslim, you surely cannot choose what to accept and what not to accept, a true believer accepts it all.

Maybe it will work in your favor if you wear hijab now, accepting your mother's force, it saves the extra time, because you know you did not enforce it when it was wajib upon you, so doing it now, your mum is trying to help save you.

Keep in mind, for every breath you take, not wearing hijab, the ahzab, punishment, is on the mahram men of your family, your father, brother, etc...

Iltimaase Dua.

Sister, think what is best for you long term, you may not 'feel' ready, but trust your mother's judgment, and Allah (SWT)'s judgment, we pray for the best for you, and we pray you find ease and comfort in what you chose to follow, and may Allah (SWT) always shower His blessings on you.

• Advanced Member
I think men have the same need for reflection before hijab. Look at how many men do not have a beard. They grow one when they are ready and when it is a true reflection of their internal hijab..

sa7

Although with a beard it isn't as simple as putting it on before leaving the house and taking it off when back inside...

...Basically, all this talk of 'being ready' is an exaggeration, no offence, people shouldn't be comparing hijaab to an actual big step such as marriage or having your first child, where there is actually very important things to consider.

With hijaab, its between you and Allah SWT. You wear it? Thawaab for you and Insha'Allah less haraam... You don't wear it? Haraam for you and subhanullah less thawaab. Simple as that.

Edited by muhammed_1428

• Advanced Member
Let there be no compulsion in religion

Asad1969. Your interpretation of this verse is wrong. This verse implies to people who are non-muslims. It means that you cannot force someone to become a muslim. But once he has accepted Islam as his religion, then Islamic laws and regulations can be enforced upon him. This is why many sins are punishable by Islamic court. So this verse is only meant for non-muslims - not for muslims.

No, it cannot be forced.

According to Aytollah Seestani's Fatwa on this:

If the governement of a country is Islamic, then it has the right - in certain cases - to take some sort of action against women who breach Islamic rules and morals by not wearing hijab or dressing inappropriately. The exact "action" would be decided by the Islamic jurist while considering all the aspects of the situation, time and place.

So, hijab "can" be enforced (in some manner) - or some action can be taken against women who dont wear hijab - in certain cases where the "Islamic" government believes it is necessary to do so.

Edited by Azadar-e-Ali

• Advanced Member

Is it right for a mother to force her daughter to wear a blouse in public?

Honestly, I don't think it is beneficial to force hijab on an adult, but it definitely should be strongly encouraged. It should have been more strongly emphasized when the girl was young, and now it would be perfectly natural.

• Advanced Member
Asad1969. Your interpretation of this verse is wrong. This verse implies to people who are non-muslims. It means that you cannot force someone to become a muslim. But once he has accepted Islam as his religion, then Islamic laws and regulations can be enforced upon him. This is why many sins are punishable by Islamic court. So this verse is only meant for non-muslims - not for muslims.

I did not interpret the verse. I just said what the Quran says: La (no) Ikraaha (compulsion) Fi (in) Deen (Religion).

That what it says.

It doesn't say: 'No compulsion for non-Muslims'. It doesn't say: 'No forced conversion'.

It does say: No compulsion in religion.

It is a clear verse. No need to debate its meaning. I accept what Allah clearly says: No compulsion in religion.

Common Sense:

Allah does not accept false worship. Allah does not accept showing off. If a woman covers her head, without doing so for the sake of Allah, then who is she covering for?

Obedience to Allah is based on the heart of the individual. Allah looks at the heart and the deeds. Not just the deeds. In all the years I have studied Quran and Ahulul Bayt (as), I have never found compulsion in te case of Muslims or non-Muslims. The Prophet (SAAS) did not force people to practice Islam.

Question: If you force someone to make salat, can you force his mind to focus on Allah? Can you force his heart to embrace his salat? No you cannot. You can only force him to go through the physical movements. In such case, you would only be forcing him to disobey Allah.

The same goes for forcing a woman to wear hijab.

• Advanced Member

That's awesome shiasoldier @)

But people do make fun of you, at least they do where I live, calling me a terrorist, etc.

Sis, what exactly is holding you back? Islam is like a ladder. Each steps brings you closer and closer to Allah. You can't skip a step and then 'go back to it.' It wouldn't help you progress at all. Hijab is ONE of the steps to take if you want to 'strengthen your faith' as you said. It's more of a component of strong faith rather than vice versa. lAnd you said you already wear hijab appropriate clothes, so technically you're already doing it. You just have to take that last step. :)

Edited by Fasiha Jafri

• Advanced Member

Br. Asad, reading upon the tafseer of that Ayah, it refers more along to no compulsion in forcing someone to follow Islam, it is not discussing certain aspects of religion or enforcing them. But like Imam Ali (as) has mentioned in Hadeeth, there will come a time when people will take what they want from Islam and leave what they find doesn't suit them.

My reply-

Allah says in Hadith Al-Qudsi:

'O son of Adam! A king will be thrown in Hell because of his oppression, an Arab because of his pride of being an Arab, a scholar because of his jealousy, the poor because of his lies, businessmen because of their treachery, farmer because of their ignorance, worshipers because of their showing off, wealthy because of their pride, indigents because of their carelessness, dyers because of their fraud, preventeor of zakat because of their prevention.

Then where are the seekers of Jannat?'

It doesn't suit people to accept the clear verses of Allah (SWT), so a agree with Imam 'Ali (as).

Please post the tafsir and its source. As I have given you evidence from the words of Allah (SWT). So provide your evidence that the verse means something other then what it says. Loosely quoting a non-related hadith is not considered as tafsir.

I still contend: 'There is no compulsion in religion.' The heart cannot be forced, and Allah does not accept false worship. Prove me wrong.

Edited by Asad1969

You may not be able to understand it and I dont have to justify myself to you as that wasnt my question - you may not understand and may look down on me, but i do not feel ready to - wearin a headscarf holds a big responsibility - its not just about placing a cloth over your head - anyone can do that - its the beauty of islam showing through your presence as a symbol. but me wearing one would change my life in every single way - and yes, maybe for the good. I just want my faith to grow a lot stronger than it is now - i dont want to wear one then just feel like a hypocrite. - how can one change their identity to a certain way without fully understanding islam?

(salam)

you might be putting too much of a philosophical burden on the headscarf. it is, essentially, just a piece of cloth that we have been commanded to wear. you say you are modest in your dress and behavior already, so i don't think that would be a problem. it is not said anywhere that we need to have absolute faith or be a perfect person to wear it; it just says to wear it. we always continue to grow and develop throughout our lives. a lot of people find too that once they start wearing hijab, they are more conscious of their actions and try to be more careful about what they do.

of course, in a non muslim environment, wearing a headscarf can be challenging because people will look to you as an example of islam... but from what you say about yourself above, it sounds like you are a decent person so i don't think that's a problem :) no one's perfect.

the only case where i would personally advise someone NOT to wear one is if they are blatantly going out and doing haraam things (like drinking at bars, etc) or have habits that would be shameful to islam like excessively loud and frequent swearing and cussing. however, even then, it is still wajib upon them to wear it and it is not my business to tell them not to (it's just my private hope).

however, i do think that 20+ is too late to be "forced" to wear hijab since you are already an adult at that age and are responsible before Allah for making your own good decisions.

Edited by BintAlHoda

• Advanced Member
I still contend: 'There is no compulsion in religion.' The heart cannot be forced, and Allah does not accept false worship. Prove me wrong.

That verse is not intended for muslims. It is intended for non-muslims who have the option whether they want to convert or not. Many people, like you, however are mistaken into believing that this verse means muslims are free to do whatever they wish and can go against Islamic rules - without any check.

There is a penal code system in Islam. If you break the rules, you can be punished by the Islamic court. If you steal, your fingers may be chopped off (if you meet the requirements for that punishment). Similary, if you dont wear proper Islamic dress, you may be answerable in front of Islamic jurist.

Allah does not accept false worship

This is true, but irrelevant for the topic under discussion. Forcing hijab is not meant to make someone pious; but to protect others from the effects of a non-hijabi. Your comment can also be negated by the famous hadith of the Prophet (s) where he said that parents should force their children to pray, if they refuse to start praying by a certain age.

Now it is possible that someone who is forced into doing a pious act may not get any reward from Allah - because Allah does not accept false worship. But the main purpose in forcing pious deeds upon others is to safeguard the society as a whole from the ill-effects of ignoring the pious deeds.

When you come out on the street, in public, then you are not alone. Your actions affect the society as a whole and if your actions are wrong, then you may be held liable - because you are effecting the society by your wrong actions - not because the law wants to enforce piety upon you.

• Advanced Member
Many people, like you, however are mistaken into believing that this verse means muslims are free to do whatever they wish and can go against Islamic rules - without any check.

1. You are making statments without providing evidence.

2. You are implying that you know what I believe. You have no idea about how many verses I can throw at you to further prove my point. A parents right over a child is not relevent to the topic.

3. I will kindly request once again: please post your source. Thus far I have provided Quran and haddith that are directly related. Yet, the same respect has not been shown. Instead, I'm getting emotional responses without evidence.

I will accept anything that is DIRECTLY related to FORCING hijab. Give it from Quran or Ahlul Bayt (as). Not from personal opinions coupled with indirect insults.

B)

• Advanced Member
Many people, like you, however are mistaken into believing that this verse means muslims are free to do whatever they wish and can go against Islamic rules - without any check.

1. You are making statments without providing evidence.

2. You are implying that you know what I believe. You have no idea about how many verses I can throw at you to further prove my point. A parents right over a child is not relevent to the topic.

3. I will kindly request once again: please post your source. Thus far I have provided Quran and haddith that are directly related. Yet, the same respect has not been shown. Instead, I'm getting emotional responses without evidence.

I will accept anything that is DIRECTLY related to FORCING hijab. Give it from Quran or Ahlul Bayt (as). Not from personal opinions coupled with indirect insults.

B)

PS: Forcing your own children to make salat does not safeguard society. It is not the same as forcing someone unrelated to observe hijab.

Here, I'll make it easy for you:

What is the punishment for not wearing hijab? Quote your source.

Edited by Asad1969

• Advanced Member
Where force/coercion begin, deen finishes

Allahu Akbar! You are right!

YOU CANNOT USE ISLAM TO JUSTIFY OPPRESSION!

There is no Islamic fascism; we don't beat women with sticks just because a hair slipped out from their hijab.

Forcing someone to practice Islam is forcing them to despise Islam.

Even in the case of our wives, we are instructed to admonish them, not force them.

ÓõæۡÑóÉõ ÏåÑ / ÇáÇٕäÓóÇä

ÅöäøóÇٓ ÃóÚۡÊóÏۡäóÇ áöáۡßóÜٰÝöÑöíäó ÓóáóÜٰÓöáóÇú æóÃóÛۡáóÜٰáÇð۬ æóÓóÚöíÑðÇ (٤)

Al-Insan 76:3

Verily, we have shown him the way: let him accept or reject it.

• Basic Members

Salaam

Hey everyone

I’m new to this forum and came across this topic I haven’t gone through each and every post in this thread cus its too long so if what I’m going to say has been said then I’m sorry;

In regards to wearing of hijab you and everyone knows the rule, but ultimately it’s your choice to wear it or not and if you’re not ready you’re not it’s as simple as that. From some of the posts I have read it would appear the we have our own extreme shia guys on here.

So if you don’t want to wear it don’t, if you do then do and yeah your mum cant force nor can anyone else you religion and the judgement of you is between the big guy upstairs and you, anyone else being judgemental or otherwise really need to take long hard look at themselves.

Peace

• Advanced Member
Salaam

Hey everyone

I’m new to this forum and came across this topic I haven’t gone through each and every post in this thread cus its too long so if what I’m going to say has been said then I’m sorry;

In regards to wearing of hijab you and everyone knows the rule, but ultimately it’s your choice to wear it or not and if you’re not ready you’re not it’s as simple as that. From some of the posts I have read it would appear the we have our own extreme shia guys on here.

So if you don’t want to wear it don’t, if you do then do and yeah your mum cant force nor can anyone else you religion and the judgement of you is between the big guy upstairs and you, anyone else being judgemental or otherwise really need to take long hard look at themselves.

Peace

If its b/w Allah and the person, than why did Prophet Muhammad teach others? Why did he showed others the right path? He cud have said too, its b/w u and Allah!!

As a Muslim, A TRUE MUSLIM, its ones duty to guide our fellow brothers and sisters. One who quitely sees a sin taking place is himself a Sinner.

There are no extreme Shia vewis or whatever you have called it, its the concern of Muslims for thier fellow brothers and sisters. Dont misguide her by saying all that, please read the Hadiths and Quranic verses which tells the importance and compulsion of Hijab.

ws

• Advanced Member

I agree with macisaac's post. Very well put.:)

Islam is about submission to Allah (swt)...

At the end, after contemplating about what people have said here and your own research if you choose to do that...make sure you're doin it for Allah (swt) and not for your mom. Your mom is encouraging you to submit fully to Allah (swt), and at the end you are doing it because you know that He (swt) wants you to.

• Advanced Member
I agree with macisaac's post. Very well put.:)

Islam is about submission to Allah (swt)...

At the end, after contemplating about what people have said here and your own research if you choose to do that...make sure you're doin it for Allah (swt) and not for your mom. Your mom is encouraging you to submit fully to Allah (swt), and at the end you are doing it because you know that He (swt) wants you to.

Allahu Akbar! Its the difference between submitting to Allah (SWT) or submitting to the will of the people. Submitting to anyone other than Allah (SWT), for which Allah (SWT) has not sent authority (don't overlook that part), is shirk. Plain and simple. We can force someone to go through motions, but we cannot force the heart to submit. A sister who is forced to wear hijab, is not doing it for the sake of Allah (SWT). She is doing it for the sake of not getting punished. Allah has given authority to parents over children, to train them. But even a parent doesn't have control over the heart of the child.

A woman should not be forced to wear a hijab, she should wat to wear her hijab because she loves to obey Allah (SWT).

If there were a clear argument from Quran and Ahlul Bayt (as) supporting force in this matter, it should be easy to quote them. Aside from these things there is misguidance.

Allah commands us to Love Ahlul Bayt (as) 42:23. It is very important that we Love Ahlul Bayt (as). I cannot emphasise how important that is! But it would be ridiculous to pass a law that forces people to comply with this command 42:23.

If such a law were passed, then people would be sitting here debating whether or not we can force Muslims to love Ahlul Bayt (as). And just like this topic, people would be giving their opinions, rather than referring it to Allah and His Prophet (SAAS).

Edited by Asad1969

• Basic Members
If its b/w Allah and the person, than why did Prophet Muhammad teach others? Why did he showed others the right path? He cud have said too, its b/w u and Allah!!

As a Muslim, A TRUE MUSLIM, its ones duty to guide our fellow brothers and sisters. One who quitely sees a sin taking place is himself a Sinner.

There are no extreme Shia vewis or whatever you have called it, its the concern of Muslims for thier fellow brothers and sisters. Dont misguide her by saying all that, please read the Hadiths and Quranic verses which tells the importance and compulsion of Hijab.

ws

I’m not misguiding anyone thank you very much....the Prophet taught other the religion because that was his duty and that is why he was sent down to do, how could he not teach and then say it’s between and individual and Allah, he couldn’t. Now that we have it and know and understand it, it is something we do for Allah not for mum/dad/brother/sister etc therefore a person’s religion is between themselves and Allah that is the bottom line.

In this case there is no point people saying you have to do it because I'm sure she knows what she needs to do, but she should only do it when she is ready and again that is the bottom line as there is no point in someone doing something religious for someone else as it will ultimately be pointless and not done for the right reasons.

Also there do appear to be some extreme views.

Lastly I'll say it again, if the author of this thread is not ready then don’t wear it until you are.

WS