Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Mutah And Indo-pakistani Women

Rate this topic

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Salams, I think women should have the right to choose whether to do mutah or not. The problem is that now, they don't have that right. Their family and their cultural dogmas decide it for them, and I

(salam) Am astounded to know that every single person related muttah with sex only .......muttah can be stipulated to just holding hands or kisses or allowing everything except sex or the total int

Salam I dont think there is a big mystery here as to why young women do not engage in mut'a. Women who have done mutah are not acceptable for marriage. There are big reasons for this. Most (all?) men

• Advanced Member
At least the wom,en I am talking about have pretty much as much knowledge about the subject as the more knowledgeable Shia man.

It is just that due to inexplicable reason, they find it unacceptable.

(salam)

then perhaps they know that its makrooh to undergo mutah when they are virgins

• Advanced Member
(salam)

What is the point of Mutah if young men can't do mutah with young women? The people are so close-minded they are in their dark ages believing in superstitions and stupid cultural dogmas.

and their dogmas step over the karmas of all the lonesome mutah-able singles

• Advanced Member

Hang on. First thing is, I have seen Mutahs [though only a few] transform into permanent marriage. That is just one aspect.

Then:

Sexual frustration leads to haraam. I have seen that happen.

Sexual frustration leads to various mental and physical problems. I have seen that happen too.

Sexial frustration, in certain cases leads to ascetism and a woman becoming asocial. I have seen that happen too.

• Advanced Member

Rite rite ....i agree with u....but what if this same guy does not what to transfer the mutah to a permanent marriage??

Will this girl let him go so easily?? wont she miss him?? wont she think..wish she shldnt have met him at all???

Look sis..as a part of this indo/pak culture...we girls have been brought up with certain values n morals........its not as easy for us...unless u prefer to live your whole life in those few moments of "mutah"....now that again sounds very bookish :)

• Advanced Member

So far as I know

Mutah is bound by a time limit and a mahr, and if the parties are nutually agreeable, they forego the time limit. I may be wrong, but I think, they do not have to continue staying togethjer as husband and wife after the agreed upon time has expired, except agree to keep their relationship going. If however, they do not consciously agree to such a continuation, they automatically become haraam to each other and the woman also has to observe iddah.

Now, specifically your questions:

If the husband in a mutah does not wish to continue the relationship, there is no way anybody can make him.

Your second question is a tricky one. It involves the psycological make-up of the woman concerned, and how realistic and practical she is. In any cases, divorces happen in permanent marriages also. And they usually wound and scar the woman concerned for life. In a mutah scenario, at least the woman would be knowing she is marrying the man concerned for an agreed period of time, and will part company after that period.

I do not know of any values or moral which go against something ordained by Allah. What you are talking about is a sopcio-cultural taboo, especially propagated by the enemies of the Shia faith.

• Basic Members
Mutah is an ordained halal act. Yet there is a totally negative attitude about among Shia women in India and Pakistan.

I would like to know the reasons.

salamz

YA ALI MADAD

BASICALLY INDIO-PAK IS PREDOMINANTLY SUNNI REGION( if we dont consider other religions), SO SHIA CANNOT PARCTICE THERE RELIGION FREELY, SECONDALY NON_SHIAS HAVE ALWAYS CRTICIZED MUTGHA AS AN UN ISLAM ACT ( illegal sexual relation). MAY BE DUE TO THIS REASON SHIA IN SUBCONTINENT AVOID MUTHA.

• Advanced Member

Same old discussions :squeez:

Im a Pakistani and i cant accept Mutah at all. Although i know its permitted and all. I believe in controlling ones Nafs, that is all religion is about, controllng desires for the sake of Allah. I wud have no respect for a person who had been in Mutah.

I cant imagine being seen by someone who is with me for some days or month or whatever jus for the sake of thier damn desires!! No way!!

Now dont argue back, i dont want to debate about it, its my personal opinion and i dont respect this idea at all.

And i dont think a respectful father or mother will allow thier children to go out with someone who is halal for them for time being only, and i dont think anyone will feel comfortable to marry people who have been in Mutah.

I wil rather stay with one guy for lifetime in permenant marriage and will only give HIM the right over me, than going for Mutah.

Edited by Mrs F
  • Advanced Member

Agree with Irfan Ali. This is the primary reason why mutah is non-existant in Pakistan. Pakistani shias live in a sunni-dominated country where is socially unacceptable and completely forbidden. I have seen many shia families who understand the permissibility and benefits of mutah and yet would never agree to it because of social restrictions.

However, in areas of Pakistan where shias are in the majority, for example Sakardu, mutah is commonly practised. This shows that most Pakistani shias are greatly influenced by the sunni culture as far as mutah is concerned.

Mrs F, Islam gives you the right not to contract mutah for whatever reason you may have. However, it would be wrong for you to degrade and insult others who have done mutah purely for religious reasons.

Edited by Liggel
  • Advanced Member

Thats not true. Its not the influence of anyone, Sunnis have restricted soo many things like Matam, weeping and etc, no one gets influence by it than why will they get influence by Mutah. The fact is, no one will like thier daughters or son spending time with someone who is just a temproriy partner for them.

lol :squeez:

lol, idhar bhi agaye ap apni comedy karne :P

Edited by Mrs F
  • Advanced Member
The fact is, no one will like thier daughters or son spending time with someone who is just a temproriy partner for them.

Ok. Then why is mutah common in other countries like Iran, Iraq?

Why do people there like their sons/daughters to have temporary partners, but not in Pakistan. Why such a big difference?

• Advanced Member
Ok. Then why is mutah common in other countries like Iran, Iraq?

Why do people there like their sons/daughters to have temporary partners, but not in Pakistan. Why such a big difference?

It totally depends on how one views it. I dont think even Iran or Iraq some families wud been going for Mutah. Similarly in Pakistan, there are many families including mine, who doesnt accept this at all. Basically, USED girls or boys are not accepted by many families in Pakistan or in India. I dont know about other countries, but i prefer staying AWAY from someone who is has been used by some random person!

I know, culture too plays a role, but more than culture, its the concern of parents. No one wud like to live with a person who has been linked with someone else.

Nobody buys second hand things unless we;re helpless too or if we cannot find something similar. Same goes for Mutah, no one wud like to marry someone who has been into it unless there is no way left or no marriage proposals are coming for them!

However, in areas of Pakistan where shias are in the majority, for example Sakardu, mutah is commonly practised. This shows that most Pakistani shias are greatly influenced by the sunni culture as far as mutah is concerned.

This seems a very authoritative statement. Could you document it some way?

• Advanced Member

I am an Indian, but, I am not against mutah as a whole. It is a very nice thing, if used in a right and respectable manner.

I just question and object where people use mutah in 'what I call' unethical ways e.g. as a means of kind of legal prostitution, where you really cannot make out the difference, or a means to satisfy lust by older rich men to younger economically distressed women.

Well, a lot of people throughout the world discourage sex outside of permanent marriage due to the risk of preganancy. Even if two people attempt to prevent that from happening, it only takes one moment to have a lifetime consequence from the relationship. If the relationship does not lead to permanent marriage, then the lady ends up with a child without a father who is present in its life. So that might be one reason why some women there and elsewhere would prefer to avoid it and go for permanent mariage.

• Advanced Member

I know a couple of people who have done mutah for companionship without any physical relationship. One of them wanted to get to know the potential spouse better in this way. This might be a positive sign that people are slowly educating themselves about the benefits of mutah.

(wasalam)

Well, a lot of people throughout the world discourage sex outside of permanent marriage due to the risk of preganancy. Even if two people attempt to prevent that from happening, it only takes one moment to have a lifetime consequence from the relationship. If the relationship does not lead to permanent marriage, then the lady ends up with a child without a father who is present in its life. So that might be one reason why some women there and elsewhere would prefer to avoid it and go for permanent mariage.

What if a woman places a condition as part and parcel of the mutah contract that if she gets pregnant, the husband will give his name to the possible offspring and share the burden of its rearing?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Basic Members
Same old discussions :squeez:

Im a Pakistani and i cant accept Mutah at all. Although i know its permitted and all. I believe in controlling ones Nafs, that is all religion is about, controllng desires for the sake of Allah. I wud have no respect for a person who had been in Mutah.

I cant imagine being seen by someone who is with me for some days or month or whatever jus for the sake of thier damn desires!! No way!!

Now dont argue back, i dont want to debate about it, its my personal opinion and i dont respect this idea at all.

And i dont think a respectful father or mother will allow thier children to go out with someone who is halal for them for time being only, and i dont think anyone will feel comfortable to marry people who have been in Mutah.

I wil rather stay with one guy for lifetime in permenant marriage and will only give HIM the right over me, than going for Mutah.

Salaam

Well sorry Sister i can't stay with my mouth shut as u post silly statement if don't want any argument so u should keep this statement with u and keep ur mouth shut u r denying islamic rules

that wat u thing is all wrong except only one thing that it's controlling ur nafs that's gud if u controll ur nafs but muta'a is for those who can't controll thier nafs against thier desire

so what should they do should they allowed to do haraam wat should they

tell me sister

not everyone can controll thier nafs so muta'a is for them to keep away from haraam wat if any women marry with a guy who invovled in haraam can she accept him as husband but if a guy did muta'a he can convence his wife that is was his compelsion.

As it is halaal as u also agree with this by urself

But i don't know why u hate so much

Don't see this world with ur eyes always

some time see this with others' eyes

Because many people have thier sexual desire one can controll and other one can't who can controll his desire ha has a special categary in jugment day but if we skip the muta'a from our relegion then haraam activity will spread everywhere no one can hide themself from haraam so wat do u think should it be ok will u ok with this

wat if a man or women can't controll their desire so wat they do

Tell me u don't have any answer of this

GOD knows better

Therefore islam allowed us to do muta'a

So please first satudy about it and see what is fact what is the history of this why it is halaal

well everyone is not invovled in muta'a just like U.

• Advanced Member
This seems a very authoritative statement. Could you document it some way?

ShiaSoldier@2007 not wanting to sound stupid used all the big words he knew in a sentence.

Big Words were indubidly proliferated per Sir Thomasical Gergantiunation II. Unequivocally there was unambiguous astronomical day when Gergantiunation excogitated the conglomerate erudition of paraphernalia. Notwithstanding he was insensate Gergantiunation conceived in envisageing deductive that diacritic conceivably permitted sonorousness perspicacious by commissioning morphemes that bagatelle posterior kumtux. A dexterous consummatent and stupid were consanguineous!

I am an Indian, but, I am not against mutah as a whole. It is a very nice thing, if used in a right and respectable manner.

I just question and object where people use mutah in 'what I call' unethical ways e.g. as a means of kind of legal prostitution, where you really cannot make out the difference, or a means to satisfy lust by older rich men to younger economically distressed women.

What's wrong with 'legal prostitition' if it truly is legal by God? What is prostitution? Effectively, it is a woman selling her body/sex for money and a man purchasing such services for money/compensation, and thereby they both fulfill a need. Now, it may not always be the best resort, but it fulfills God-given needs in a way. It is said that divorce shakes the Throne of God, but it is still allowed and done. Similary, eating zabiha beef is also halal, but may not be always a great idea.

I see nothing wrong with mutah or a truly 'legal prostitution', which is one way of describing mutah; although, mutah is how you use it really, as it need not involve sex either. Thus, a girl who conducts mutah is not necessarily a 'prostitute', which is merely a derogatory term for the practicionern of this natural and legal phenomenon. There is even a narration that from the Imams (as) that one should do mutah at least once in a lifetime.

I have even read of a prominent arif and teacher of ethics in Najaf who basically did the same thing while a youth. It is healthy and necessary in moderation, as are all other things.

Mutah is frowned upon only due to deeply-ingrained cultural mindsets of the Subcontinent and other places, nothing else.

• Advanced Member
ShiaSoldier@2007 not wanting to sound stupid used all the big words he knew in a sentence.

Big Words were indubidly proliferated per Sir Thomasical Gergantiunation II. Unequivocally there was unambiguous astronomical day when Gergantiunation excogitated the conglomerate erudition of paraphernalia. Notwithstanding he was insensate Gergantiunation conceived in envisageing deductive that diacritic conceivably permitted sonorousness perspicacious by commissioning morphemes that bagatelle posterior kumtux. A dexterous consummatent and stupid were consanguineous!

:!!!:

The consanguineous conglomerate will be eternally indebted to your extempore verbosity of a polemic for backing up the authoritative statement unequivocally.

• Advanced Member

Ones attitude towards a perticular thing depends on brought up,environment and the people one lives the whole life in.

Muttah is far off,,, our culture does not accept divorce or even remarraige. People look down on a divorce and exclude her from society. Its mostly influence of Hindu culture.

Alhamdullilah over past two decades more and more remarraiges are happening and people are slowly opening up their minds and coming out of their shells and accepting divorce too.

Maybe in future Muttah too will get acceptance. Its all time and need, that change the peoples mind...

I am talking here about South India and its shias.

Edited by Sunrise