Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Mutah And Indo-pakistani Women

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salaam

like anything.. Mutah has its good points and bad - and like anything, the result of any action is due to the intention behind it. Mutah is a tool to try and prevent haraam, but like anything - if it's abused, as is known, there will be consequences.

Unwed women

I suppose one of the answers is because women dont want to be used, and also because women get emotionally attached - hence the reason women are only permitted to have one husband, and men up to 4 wives. To have someone one moment, and for them to leave the next because they're bored or whatever reason, would hurt anyone - male or female, but generally speaking its the females who get hurt. So maybe it's the fact that they're in a way, afraid?

Also, another possible answer is that many females probably wouldn't mind being in a relationship, however mutah is through the father's permission.. and most fathers aren't going to give their daughters into relationships that are just for fun. Maybe another reason?

and Furthermore the fact that mutah is 'temporary' after all, and many women look ahead to their future, and it is any womans desire to be in a stable relationship and not just messed around.. So mutah is an all round no for them.

These are only some of the possible reasons, and im aware there are many more. But in pakistani culture, i am aware, women are very much over protected in some circumstances, hence the reason that engaging in mutah seems so wrong.

Ok. Then why is mutah common in other countries like Iran, Iraq?

Why do people there like their sons/daughters to have temporary partners, but not in Pakistan. Why such a big difference?

lol.. many of these people abuse Mutah rules (im not sure about Iraq, but Iran certainly). They do the 'formula' but in many womens cases, without the father's permission.

Edited by Mystery-*
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Salams, I think women should have the right to choose whether to do mutah or not. The problem is that now, they don't have that right. Their family and their cultural dogmas decide it for them, and I

(salam) Am astounded to know that every single person related muttah with sex only .......muttah can be stipulated to just holding hands or kisses or allowing everything except sex or the total int

Salam I dont think there is a big mystery here as to why young women do not engage in mut'a. Women who have done mutah are not acceptable for marriage. There are big reasons for this. Most (all?) men

• Advanced Member
not everyone can controll thier nafs so muta'a is for them to keep away from haraam

If a person cannot control his nafs, but he is also unable to do mutah, then would he be allowed to fall into sin? Ofcourse, the answer is no. If he cannot do mutah, then he has to control his nafs. This proves that one cannot give the excuse that he cannot control his nafs. One can always control his sexual desire, even without getting married or doing mutah. If he cannot do this, then its his own fault - because Allah does not test anyone with a burden more than he can handle.

So while mutah is there to save people from haram, most individuals find themselves in position where mutah is not possible for them - so they cannot make this as a pretext for any sin. This means that according to Islam, one's sexual desire should never be high enough to make him fall into sin. And if he cannot control his desire (without getting married or doing mutah), he would stilll be punished in the next world - for having a sexual desire so great that it made him fall into sin.

Edited by Azadar-e-Ali
  • Site Administrators
Mutah is an ordained halal act. Yet there is a totally negative attitude about among Shia women in India and Pakistan.

The negative attitude re: mutah exists everywhere else in the world, not just the subcontinent. We just gotta learn to channel with the right people.

Sure every women out there is not accepting the mutah proposition due to various right or wrong reasons........but plenty of them will give it a try if we explain ourselves in the right manner.......

Salams

• Advanced Member

Since the mods will beat the [Edited Out] outta me if I make my own mutah thread I would like to ask a question here.

Are you allowed to do mutah then decide if you wanna marry someone..

Or you know you want to marry them its just the quotes of imams that make you want to do mutah first.

• Veteran Member

Salam

I dont think there is a big mystery here as to why young women do not engage in mut'a.

Women who have done mutah are not acceptable for marriage. There are big reasons for this.

Most (all?) men do not want women, who have been with another man (men), for permanent marriage - even if they, the men, have had many partners. The women know that. Their families know that. And the posters pushing for mut'a know that. And for many women in this world - or in this case, the Indo-Pakistani women - marriage is their only future.

Is a man's temporary physical need worth a woman's future?

Women who have children through mut'a are doublely hurt - and so is their fatherless child(ren) - regardless of the halal nature of their conception.

Those who are being selfish here are the oh so pious mut'a men who fail to see (or care to see) the consequence to those they hurt, while they move on to yet another partner.

There are uses for mut'a, but ruining people's lives isn't one of them.

Edited by Maryaam
  • Site Administrators
Are you allowed to do mutah then decide if you wanna marry someone..

Salams

Mutah is also a marriage, although temporary.

To answer your question,

Yes, but you shouldn't leave an impression that you intend to permanantly marry her, if you do not wish to do so from the beginning.

Don't be vague, as is the common practise among men. Be honest.

Or you know you want to marry them its just the quotes of imams that make you want to do mutah first.

This option is fine as well as long as the couple agree and the practice occurs within the boundaries of Islam.

Fi-Amanillah

• Veteran Member
What if a woman places a condition as part and parcel of the mutah contract that if she gets pregnant, the husband will give his name to the possible offspring and share the burden of its rearing?

Realistically, how enforceable is that? They have laws in the west for men to be responsilbe for children they willingly fathered - but left and moved on. There is a lot of trouble enforcing these laws - even if they get some money for the child - the man does not share rearing him or her. If a man wants to leave his past behind, he can. A woman can't - she raises the child on her own.

• Basic Members
Realistically, how enforceable is that? They have laws in the west for men to be responsilbe for children they willingly fathered - but left and moved on. There is a lot of trouble enforcing these laws - even if they get some money for the child - the man does not share rearing him or her. If a man wants to leave his past behind, he can. A woman can't - she raises the child on her own.

Salaam

Well i agree with u but here i want to include something.

That in muta'a rules a men is responsible for child it's wajib on him if he don't he do sin he will be responsible to answer on jugmentday we can't say that only women have to survive men also survive i know few people who did muta'a and concieved a child and know they give monthly money to the mother of the child so don't involve everyone in this case

Actually in Indo-Pakistan here many of couple do muta'a just they know little bit about muta'a they don't know completly about muta'a and they just know do muta'a if have sexual desires.

They don't know completly so therefore it's look like wrong in our society

But in Iran and Iraq there is rules and regulations to do muta'a i know about it and recently agha-e-khamanai order their government to issue a forms of muta'a those who want to do muta'a so they solved their problem as their many of them miss used.

• Advanced Member
And also depriving themselves of a shot at permanent marriage via mutah

Maybe because once you are, how shall I put it, 'deflowered' in this culture, you are less likely to get permanently married.

In Pakistan/India I don't see why people would rather perform Muta, permanent marriage is much more feasible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

There is a social stigma attached to Mutah as it is equated with promiscuity in the sub-continent. It is not, though. It is as much a religious rite or sacrament as permanent marriage.

But this is theory.The ground reality is women wait for permanent marriage in the hope of some prince charming, while age passes them by; yet they do not enter into a Mutah arrangement for fear of the social consequences.

It is a matter of a midset.

• Veteran Member

^^^ Exactly, even so much spread of information technology, and mobile technology, Muttah has become more important because there are more chances of indulging in haram. Now even those with 15000 per month income are not able to maintain permanent marriage. What option is left for him? Mutah is no doubt a blessing for those who want to avoid sin. There is rapid spread of brothel houses in Pakistan like in Lahore i see. In such like situations Mutah should be given place in the society.

• Advanced Member
Mutah is an ordained halal act. Yet there is a totally negative attitude about among Shia women in India and Pakistan.

I would like to know the reasons.

I wonder if they did mutah, would the men in India and Pakistan still marry them permanently and regard them with honor? If not, maybe that is why. Most women, after all, ultimately want honor and permanent marriage.

• Advanced Member
I know a couple of people who have done mutah for companionship without any physical relationship. One of them wanted to get to know the potential spouse better in this way. This might be a positive sign that people are slowly educating themselves about the benefits of mutah.

(wasalam)

I really promote this kind of mutah :)

• Advanced Member
What's wrong with 'legal prostitition' if it truly is legal by God? What is prostitution? Effectively, it is a woman selling her body/sex for money and a man purchasing such services for money/compensation, and thereby they both fulfill a need. Now, it may not always be the best resort, but it fulfills God-given needs in a way. It is said that divorce shakes the Throne of God, but it is still allowed and done. Similary, eating zabiha beef is also halal, but may not be always a great idea.

I see nothing wrong with mutah or a truly 'legal prostitution', which is one way of describing mutah; although, mutah is how you use it really, as it need not involve sex either. Thus, a girl who conducts mutah is not necessarily a 'prostitute', which is merely a derogatory term for the practicionern of this natural and legal phenomenon. There is even a narration that from the Imams (as) that one should do mutah at least once in a lifetime.

I have even read of a prominent arif and teacher of ethics in Najaf who basically did the same thing while a youth. It is healthy and necessary in moderation, as are all other things.

Mutah is frowned upon only due to deeply-ingrained cultural mindsets of the Subcontinent and other places, nothing else.

Bro, my example describes a place where mutah is used as exploitation of poor women. We can very well say that the woman has agreed, but under normal economic conditions, she wouldn't have agreed, so, in a way, it is exploitation. Thats the lust I despise. If the girl and boy agree wholeheartedly to do mutah, who am I to object.

I do not consider a girl who has done mutah, to be a prostitute, if she has not done it for money. If she has done it for money, I call it her exploitation due to the inability of the society to give her enough means to earn her livelihood.

• 1 month later...
  • Advanced Member

Money, by the way, has always been a consideratioion in 99 percent of marriages, temporary or permanent. Mahr is most often money, immediate or deffered, and it is the sole discretion of the woman to accept or reject what is offered, and to waive what she accepted if wants to waive it.

• Advanced Member
Money, by the way, has always been a consideratioion in 99 percent of marriages, temporary or permanent. Mahr is most often money, immediate or deffered, and it is the sole discretion of the woman to accept or reject what is offered, and to waive what she accepted if wants to waive it.

That is extremely indecent and not to be condoned.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member
At least the wom,en I am talking about have pretty much as much knowledge about the subject as the more knowledgeable Shia man.

It is just that due to inexplicable reason, they find it unacceptable.

I think we should say thx God that they have negative attitude about mutah...

The big reason in Pakistan & India about the negative attitude is... that there are some girls related with the profession of prostitution are calling their sick profession as mutah and also showing herself as a shia girls... I'm from Pak.. I know that girls of Hera Mandi (Lahore) are arranging majalis for Moharram and showing herself as shia and doing their business under the rules of Mutah... and our Pakistani Law cant do anything against those girls.... and becoz of these girls our religion is being notorious....

Mutah is really sick...

everybody is giving positive comments on it... but nobody knows its that type of side effects...

What you people say about it?

Edited by maqeelr
  • Advanced Member

^I already read the complete post. Even if it is being misused, it is wrong to call it 'sick' or show 'negative attitude' about something recommended by Imams(a).

And BTW, Pak women are not against mutah. It's just the requirement of 'father's-permission-for-virgin', which stops them from practicing mutah. :)

w/s

Edited by Jondab_Azdi
  • Advanced Member
^I already read the complete post. Even if it is being misused, it is wrong to call it 'sick' or show 'negative attitude' about something recommended by Imams(a).

And BTW, Pak women are not against mutah. It's just the requirement of 'father's-permission-for-virgin', which stops them from practicing mutah. :)

w/s

Well... I know its according to Islam... but I'm not satisfied about it...

• Advanced Member

QUESTION:

What is your idea about ESTEHBAABE-MOT'E? Have we got any HADITH 'bout that?

ANSWER:

Bismihi-l-Haqq

There is unanimity amongst the Muslims that temporary marriage (mut'ah) was sanctioned and approved by the Qur'an and the sunnah of the Prophet (S). The dispute on this issue between the Shia and the Sunnis centres on whether or not this legislation was abrogated by a subsequent Qur'anic verse and hadith-reports of the Prophet (S). Our position (i.e. Shia), which can be documented with solid evidence, is that no such abrogation took place in the lifetime of the Prophet. Recently, an M.A. thesis on Mut'ah by Br. Riad Ahmad was submitted to the Department of Islamic Studies at McGill University. It has gone for binding and cataloguing, and should be available in a few months.

The legislation on temporary marriage (mut'ah) is commonly invoked to stigmatize the Shiah and is equated to a form of legalized prostitution. Such a misconception is due to the inability to position this institution within the larger social context. Islamic social legislation is comprehensive and thus must address all possible scenarios. Preservation of this practice was so important that the Imams (a.s.) used to encourage their followers to contract mut'ah. The hadiths that recommend mut'ah have to be understood in this context, i.e. it was meant to revive (yuhyi) and maintain this institution. See for example the hadith from Wasa'il-us-Shi'ah (Tehran, 1397 A.H. vol.14,

p. 444) under the chapter on Nikah and section on Desirability (Istihbaab) of Contracting Mut'ah: On the authority of the 6th Imam (a) who is reported to have said that every man who contracts mut'ah and then performs the ghusl, God creates from every drop (of water) that drips from him seventy angels who seek his forgiveness till the Day of Judgment . . . Another hadith says that He forgives sins when one perfoms the ghusl equal to the number of hair. Other traditions that recommend mut'ah: I love a man who does not leave this world until he contracts mut'ah even if it is only once, and prays jum'ah in a congregation; once the sixth Imam (a.s.) asked his companion Muhammad b. Muslim if he had ever performed mut'ah to which he replied no. The Imam said that do not leave this world until you have revived (tuhyi) the sunnah. You will notice that wherever the Imams strongly recommend mut'ah, it is in the context of reviving the sunnah of the Prophet (S). This becomes even clearer when we examine the hadith reports that discourage (karaahat) mut'ah for those who already have access to their permanent wives. This is the view of Professor Murtada Mutahhari and Ayatullah Fadlullah. The latter believes that mut'ah can be prohibited if it is warranted for the preservation of public interest.

I should clarify, however, that all present-day jurists allow men to enter into a mutah contract irrespective of whether they are permanently married or not. Ayatullah Fadlullah puts a limit of 4 wives, inclusive of permanent and temporay wives, whereas others put no restriction on the number of temporary wives. It is prohibited to marry a virgin in both temporary and permanent marriage without the consent of her guardian (wali). It is also reprehensible (makruh) to engage in mut'ah contract with a virgin.

wa bi-l-laahi-t-tawfiq,

Hamid Mavani

Sources: Sachiko Murata, Temporay Marriage (Mut'a) in Islamic Law

The Rights of Women in Islam

Mohammad Sharif, Innocently Accused: Fixed Term Marriage

Al-Amili, Wasa'il-us-Shi'ah

Al-Urwat-ul-Wuthqa with commentaries by marjas

Ayat. Fadlullah, Ta'ammulat-ul-Islamiyyah hawl-al-Mar'ah

http://www.al-islam.org/organizations/Aali...k/msg00029.html