Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Converting The West To Islam Through… Sex?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Converting the West to Islam Through… Sex?

Temporary marriage for the Islamization of the West is an idea so crazy it might just work.

June 28, 2008 - by Timothy Furnish

Much ink has been spilled in recent years — by Ba’at Yeor and Mark Steyn, most prominently — on the demographic decline of Europe vis-à-vis Islam. Heretofore the assumption has been that such could not happen in the U.S., that our higher birth rates — due in large measure to our greater religious adherence — would head off Islamization on the European model. But a recent line of Islamic attack advocated on the Yahoo group MahdiUniteMuslims (MUM) has forced me to reconsider that smug assumption.

For the past few weeks MUM — which is dedicated to uniting the Islamic world through belief in the Mahdi, the “rightly-guided one” of Islamic traditions who will create a global caliphate — has hosted a discussion about mut`ah, Shi`i temporary marriage, the “secret weapon that will convert the West to Islam in the later days before the advent of Imam al Mahdi” according to the ingenious Muslim who first advanced the idea (and is there any doubt it was a guy?). His starting point is the Islamic tradition that in the last days before the Mahdi returns, women will greatly outnumber men worldwide. This Muslim Hugh Hefner opines that “the West will not consider mut`ah as marriage but more at par [sic] with mistress or girlfriend though we consider it a valid form of marriage.”

He continues: “The West can never jail a Shi`ah for doing mut`ah. It is almost impossible to go to jail for doing mut`ah in the West” (except perhaps in Texas). “Even U.S. presidents galore had mistresses” (Bill Clinton, crypto-Shi`i?). And since “the craze about sex today is through the roof” (hard to argue there), mut`ah is not just man-made but “a divine plan,” for “when non-Muslim men learn that they can honorably have more women,” they “will flock to Shi`ah Islam. Sorry for the expression but Allah made women the bait” (feel free to insert fishing pole jokes here). The cumulative effects will then mount (both statistically and, one would presume, literally), for “when so many non-Muslim men come to Shi`ah Islam this will cause non-Muslim women to come to Shi`ah Islam too because an honorable and equitable polygynous mut`ah is better than being unmarried or just having flings with bad men, right?” Bottom-line: “This will cause a chain reaction of conversion to Islam from all corners. Even Sunnis will come to Shi`ah Islam because they want women.” In conclusion, this future editor of the Muslim Maxim pleads, “please do not hate mut`ah anymore. There is a reason for it. It is the secret weapon of the last days to bring the world to Shi`ah Islam.”

Before we consign this plan to the slop pen of male piggery — which in the name of tolerant multiculturalism we can’t do anyway (at least in Canada and Britain), since the author is Muslim — consider that mut`ah has a long pedigree in Islam. The Arabic term literally means “enjoyment, pleasure, gratification” and in its institutional form “temporary marriage contracted for a specified time and exclusively for the purpose of sexual pleasure” (Hans Wehr, A Dictionary of Modern Written Arabic). According to the Encyclopedia of Islam, mut`ah is an Arab cultural tradition left over from pre-Islamic times which, as per some traditions, was practiced by Muhammad himself and sanctioned in the Koran: Surah al-Nisa’[4]:28, which reads, “Allah wishes that they [your burdens] should be lightened, for man was created weak” (good to know the deity feels our pain in the carnality realm — if only the Christian God were so empathetic). In the early days of Islam (7th century CE) a token dowry had to be paid to the woman, which could be as little as one coin or even a handful of corn, and the period of the marriage could be anything from a day to several years.

Mut`ah survived in Sunni Islam until the time of the second caliph, Umar, who outlawed its open adherence. It has always been legal according to the bulk of Shi`i jurists, however. No less a modern authority on Shi`ism than Tabataba’i in his Shi`ite Islam (SUNY Press, 1975) sanctions mut`ah, adducing primarily Surah al-Mu`minun [23]:5ff: “the believers must … abstain from sex except with those joined to them in the marriage bond or the captives whom their right hands possess.” (By the way, that phrase “whom your right hands possess” occurs also in Surah al-Nisa’ [4]:24, which the famous modern Koran translator and commentator Yusuf Ali glosses as meaning women “taken [as] captives in a jihad.” As if jihad needed any more sanction.) Tabataba’i asserts that “it is … clear that since temporary marriage was not forbidden by the Prophet it was a legitimate marriage and not a form of adultery.” In less crass language than the aforementioned MUM poster, Tabataba’i argues in much the same vein that since “permanent marriage cannot fulfill the instinctive sexual desires of everyone … Islam has legitimized temporary marriage.”

His view of mut`ah as a necessary evil to prevent the greater sin of outright fornication was advocated in the 1990s by former Iranian President Rafsanjani and, just last year, by Interior Minister Mustafa Pur-Muhammadi. However, neither of these Shi`i politicians was clever enough to advance mut`ah as a means of Islamizing the corrupt, decadent West, as is being done on MUM. Keeping it simple, the plan boils down to: a married man “should marry two or three Shi`ah women at the same time, all as mut`ah” (with the caveat that “if you are a married man already you won’t be able to do this right unless you divorce your wife and remarry her along with another Shi`ah woman so both are equal” — another aspect of Islamic law known as `iddah, the interval that must be observed between when a woman is widowed or divorced and when she can remarry).

I fear that our mut`ah advocate may have hit upon a policy more dangerous to American civilization than WMDs or even the intellectual appeal of Islam purely as a religion: the siren song of sex. Men are notoriously weak in this regard, and if mut`ah is allowed to exist, even sub rosa, how long will it be before irreligious, or even lapsed Christian, American males begin to see the sexual advantages of Shi`i Islam? Some would certainly argue that mut`ah is a more realistic marriage institution for the male of the species than that rather more demanding serial monogamy which Christianity has mandated. And even in these days of rising ethanol demand, a handful of corn is not that hard to come by.

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/converting-th...am-through-sex/

Edited by basha
  • Advanced Member

I believe the title of this topic is a little misleading. It would probably be better to say 'Converting Women in the West to Islam through Lawful Relations'.

Men in the west have sex without Islam. Casual sex is vey much a part of the western culture. They do not see Islam as an opportunity to have sex.

In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with a woman getting involved with a Muslim man and converting to Islam. Isn't this usually the case be it mut'a or nikka? You have to remember that we are not in a country where Muslim women are readily available for every brother that seeks a wife.

Allow me to share part of a hadith I read today concerning Adam (as) and Hawa, as related by Imam Ja'far As-Sadiq (as):

At that moment Allah created in Adam the desire of seeking the nearness of woman and He had already taught Adam the tenets of faith. Adam said, 'My Lord! You have permitted me to take her, but what can I give in return so that You are pleased?'

'Impart to her religious knowledge and I shall be satisfied with you.'

'I shall do as You desire' agreed Adam. 'I accept!' said Allah, 'I hereby marry her to you. Take her.'

Hayat Al-Qulub vol. 1 p. 44

Edited by Asad1969
  • Advanced Member
It would probably be better to say 'Converting Women in the West to Islam through Lawful Relations'.

i agree with you as well as the title of this topic was a little misleading,...

sign me up!

*gets out his pen*

:!!!: you cracked me up mdm,...wallah you are the most hilriouse charechter on this forum,..!!!!

• Forum Administrators

I've seen sentiments similar to this in right-wing journals.

On the one hand they criticise Islam/Muslims for various things such as male/female relations, restrictions on alcohol etc., dress codes etc.

Then, in other articles, they consider the challenges facing Western society e.g. collapse of the family as a social structure, rising levels of addictions etc. And invariably the solutions that they come up with are similar to Islamic precepts, but they just can't acknowledge this.

The article above does exactly this, but in a roundabout way.

There is clearly a social problem in the West with some groups of men having multiple partners either at the same time or one after the other. There is a significant problem in terms of their being very limited rights for the women involved.

IMHO what this author has seen is that Islam offers a legal solution. But the western mindset has been so corrupted:

multiple wives no way - multiple girlfriends ok © Haji 2003.

that they are singularly unable to accept this.

• Advanced Member

I don't neccessarily agree with this article because if you think about it, why in the world would people in the West who are non-religious to begin with and have casual sex whenever they want without any feelings of regret even care about such a thing as Mutah......mutah is only for the God-fearing people who want to do things in a halal manner but to the average jo on the street it doesn't make a difference to him.

• Basic Members
I don't neccessarily agree with this article because if you think about it, why in the world would people in the West who are non-religious to begin with and have casual sex whenever they want without any feelings of regret even care about such a thing as Mutah......mutah is only for the God-fearing people who want to do things in a halal manner but to the average jo on the street it doesn't make a difference to him.

thxz

• Advanced Member

(salam)

You really cannot compete with west on the matter of sexual intimacies. Irreligious societies were never lacking in this matter.

What the west lacks is in spirituality. That is what we should be focusing on when propagating.

• Basic Members

This is the kind of reasons why the far right parties like the BNP come out with that Islam wants to take over etc etc.

Let the West be what it is, if one is not happy with it then one does not need to live in the West. It sounds like a woman who gets married to a guy and knows he has indifferences but is happy with it to start of with, then slowly tries to change him.

The bottom line is practice your religion because you have the right to do so, if someone comes to you for guidance tell them about the religion but there is no need to get all militant and try and change everything about the west as clearly people enjoy the benefits they get i.e. good job, good money, good houses and so on.

• Advanced Member
What will they come up with next to demean Shia Islam?

This isn't a fabricated charge. There was a user on shiachat very recently as well who was propagating this same stupidity for a long time (till he got banned). Then he came back with other accounts, but they were all eventually banned as well. (Or at least I hope they were.) He also spammed many of our email addresses for a long time with this same nonsense. But, fortunately for the rest of the Shi'as, apparently this man is the only person who has such a severely psychotic world view, so I'm not too worried about his behavior right now.

I've known several non-Muslim women in the West who came to Islam this way and also very quickly left Islam when the guys left them like a piece of trash and dumped them for a bride back home. What a wonderful lesson about the moral and family values of Islam.

• Advanced Member
I've known several non-Muslim women in the West who came to Islam this way and also very quickly left Islam when the guys left them like a piece of trash and dumped them for a bride back home. What a wonderful lesson about the moral and family values of Islam.

Exactly.

And the ulemah in my community have ALWAYS denounced this wishful-thinking of Mutah-as-Dawah. Yeah, right.

• Basic Members

Here is an interesting story, I have two friends from childhood, both christians.

I am japanese and i love sushi. My friends never even tried sushi. They hated the idea of raw fish. I tried to convince them to at least try it but they didn't listen.

I had a reunion with my friends after ten years and I jokingly said, "lets go out for sushi.

To my surprise they both agreed and said ok! I was shocked and asked how this is possible.

It so happened after many years that both of my friends dated girls that loved sushi lol.

My friends explained that it is common that when you really want a girl to like you you try to like what they like.

Tom said, I probably would have never even tried sushi if not for her and actually I really love it now, even though we broke up years ago.

John said almost the same thing, he doesn't love it but he likes some types of sushi and can tolerate the other types.

Now replace the word sushi with Islam above and the names Tom and John with Lisa and Jennifer...you get the idea.

Muta will not convert a person to Islam but it is an effective means to cause them to at least consider Islam. The fact of the matter is many women probably would not even consider Islam if it wasn't for a relationship they had with a muslim man. after the relationship is over some stay in Islam and some don't. There is some gain and some loss but the gain far outweighs the loss.

Anyway, the key to the spread of Islam in the West is our women. When they become more accepting of polygyny Islam will literally take off in the West.

Mut'ah is not the key, polygyny is.

No matter how easy and casual sex is in the West, the rule is still "1 woman at a time". A person can have multiple women but only 1 at a time.

The west has serial polygyny but Islam offers simultaneous polygyny which is every western man's dream.

Mut'ah gives us an advantage over the sunnis because it is a simpler more flexible marriage contract which can be customized and tailored to fit the needs of almost anyone.

When long-term polygynous mut'ah becomes socially acceptable among the Shi'ah you will see every westerner both male and female saying "Hey, I'd prefer that than what I have right now."

See also:

http://www.google.com/search?q=average+num...tf8&oe=utf8

Two life-long mut'ah wives is much healthier for the man and woman then having 10 or more serial partners in your life.

It is really just common sense. When the ratio of single men to women is 85:100, 15% of the men need to take 2 wives simultaneously and not serially, for the society to be stable.

Islam, and more specially Shi'ah Islam is the only religion that can offer such stability to Western Society.

Edited by yarjullah
Muta will not convert a person to Islam but it is an effective means to cause them to at least consider Islam. The fact of the matter is many women probably would not even consider Islam if it wasn't for a relationship they had with a muslim man. after the relationship is over some stay in Islam and some don't. There is some gain and some loss but the gain far outweighs the loss.

Gain for whom? What sort of future does that lady have in the Muslim community? You know how hard it is for any Muslim woman to remarry after a divorce, let alone a pre-marital relationship. You might say these are backwards ideas and need to change, but, the fact is, that is the reality in many places. And what kind of respect is she going to get from people who know that she came to Islam from an extra-marital relationship? Probably she will just be bombarded by more "mutah suitors" because they figure she is "used" so it is ok to ask for that relationship from her. So she stays in Islam... so what? Is it really that wonderful that she just lives her life degraded and alone? What if she has kids and Mr. Dawah decides he's more interested in da'wah than being a father and she is left alone in the Muslim community as a single mother? Is that a great example of Islam?

As a small example, I know of a lady who was in that situation, who come to Islam because of a guy, was treated like someone not worthy of commitment and then dumped, and is in a mental hospital because of what he put her through while he is living with a nice girl from his hometown in a respsectful marriage. So she's a Muslim now. Does that make it all better???

Yes, some women who are in these situations do find a way to move ahead in life, but this is an all too common situation. You need to think about what it is like for the women you are talking about and not idealize.

Edited by BintAlHoda
  • 2 weeks later...

Alslam alaikum

A huge proportion if not the majority of the convert females (who themself constitute 80% of the converts) have converted thanx to mut3ah and permenant marriage ,

the emotional relationship has a huge influnce and the women usually gets influnced by her husband and looks up to his lifestyle, this is a fact that can not be denied and thats one of the reasons why Allah says :

"and the food of ahlulkitab is hallal for you and the protected women from ahlulkitab if you gave them thier rewards"

how do you think the imams converted persia to islam?? mariage was the most effective way

look at our imams alot of theier parents were persians and other nationalities and they maried lots of women and had lots of kids

• Advanced Member

Using marriage for dawah has all kinds of pitfalls. When guys do mutah-e-dawah (I like that term), it leaves many girls unmarried in the Muslim community. This just worsens the uneven male to female ratio. Now I am not saying that reverts to Islam are not worthy of marrying Muslim men, so please do not assume that is what I am saying. Another pitfall is that it brings out the jerk in men. Muslim men often abuse reverts because these women do not have a traditional family structure to answer to.

My point is that Muslim men need to examine their intentions for marriage with non-Muslims. Do they just want that hot blonde chick because she is gorgeous? If that is so, then that is the wrong reason and it undermines hijab. There are many beautiful (both on the inside and out) women who are already Muslims, but you just can't tell because they are doing hijab. That hot blonde chick's beauty is on display for everyone to see and that is why you are attracted to her, and if a Muslim girl dressed that way then you would be attracted to her too. But the Muslim girl dresses modestly and a lot of Muslim women are really gorgeous under that hijab. If you are really interested in dawah then go out and engage in discussions with our non-Muslim brothers. Convince them intellectually that Islam is the right path, not by messing with their emotions (through marriage). Convince the brain, not the heart. Ultimately Islam is about logic and if she converted because of her heart then she is liable to go astray if the relationship sours, as pointed out by BintAlHoda.

• Advanced Member
As a small example, I know of a lady who was in that situation, who come to Islam because of a guy, was treated like someone not worthy of commitment and then dumped, and is in a mental hospital because of what he put her through while he is living with a nice girl from his hometown in a respsectful marriage. So she's a Muslim now. Does that make it all better???

This is all too common, and that is the problem. If a person is introduced to Islam only as a way to get to have relations with the partner they want, what are the odds they are going to remain a practicing Muslim after that person dumps them? I have no problem with a person converting after meeting a person they wish to marry. I have a problem with the born-Muslim introducing a person to Islam for the sake of having "halal" sex with them, then treating them as unworthy of permanent commitment. If you are going to "date" (i.e. serial Mutah) non-Muslims, at least have the decency to introduce them to some respectful Muslims who will be their friends and will guide them as they grow in faith and welcome them into the Islamic community. Isn't it better to be in permanent marriage with a Muslim, no matter what their religion was two years or two weeks ago, than to go from one temporary partner to another, then find a nice virgin from back home to innoculate with whatever diseases have been picked up during the serial mutahs?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member
This is all too common, and that is the problem. If a person is introduced to Islam only as a way to get to have relations with the partner they want, what are the odds they are going to remain a practicing Muslim after that person dumps them? I have no problem with a person converting after meeting a person they wish to marry. I have a problem with the born-Muslim introducing a person to Islam for the sake of having "halal" sex with them, then treating them as unworthy of permanent commitment. If you are going to "date" (i.e. serial Mutah) non-Muslims, at least have the decency to introduce them to some respectful Muslims who will be their friends and will guide them as they grow in faith and welcome them into the Islamic community. Isn't it better to be in permanent marriage with a Muslim, no matter what their religion was two years or two weeks ago, than to go from one temporary partner to another, then find a nice virgin from back home to innoculate with whatever diseases have been picked up during the serial mutahs?

Here's another interesting recent article on the subject:

http://www.worldmag.com/articles/14210

• Advanced Member
Here's another interesting recent article on the subject:

http://www.worldmag.com/articles/14210

That's a Christianist political propaganda magazine. I think it is published by Falwell's group. It isn't exactly respectable journalism. If the story is true, this is disgraceful, but we can't rely on "facts" from this source.

• Advanced Member
If you are really interested in dawah then go out and engage in discussions with our non-Muslim brothers. Convince them intellectually that Islam is the right path, not by messing with their emotions (through marriage). Convince the brain, not the heart. Ultimately Islam is about logic and if she converted because of her heart then she is liable to go astray if the relationship sours, as pointed out by BintAlHoda.

Well said. Convince the brain, not the heart, I like that. Plus as BBK stated, Islam is about logic - so why not use this powerful source of strength to attract others to Islam? A religion whose foundation built on logic - now that's different and unique,and can be very appealing to those who are more educated and academic.

• 1 month later...

MDM is at times hilarious. At other times, he's jst socially irresponsible. For someone who's dying to run out and fight for Imam mehdi, I'd say first do your bit to help lean up society. In case he hasn't noticed...when the Imam arrives....some ppl will be too busy contemplating "what sleazebag to have mutah with now?" which is exactly what the West wants. Why do you think the West has built sex up to the point where it controls ppl's lives? In fact, lemme start a topic on this.

i agree with you as well as the title of this topic was a little misleading,...

:!!!: you cracked me up mdm,...wallah you are the most hilriouse charechter on this forum,..!!!!