Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

A Momin Child Needs Your Help

Rate this topic

(bismillah)

(salam)

I am Mohammed Shaur Abbas Moosavi s/o Mr. Syed Sajjad Hussain Moosavi, aged 3 1/2 years old living in Royapettah, Chennai, India and i have been diagnosed as CML ( Juvenile Chronic Meloid Leukemia, Ph Chromosome positive ) a type of BLOOD CANCER at the age of 7 months and at present i require a Related Bone Marrow Transplantation, to be performed as soon as possible, for that my brother's Cord Blood is preserved at Life Cell International Pvt. Ltd. Chennai.

I am currently being treated by Dr. Ranjan Kumar Mohapatra (Oncologist) at Apollo Speciality Hospital, CHENNAI. I have been on Imatinib (Veenat 150 mg.) for the past two years and am now Imatinib resistant and in Blast Crisis since April 2008. Now I am on Desatinib 50 mg. a day (Sprycel 50 mg.) which is costing more than One Lakh Indian Rupees (approx $ 2500 dollars) per month which my parents cannot afford.

VISIT SITE FOR MOE INFO

This child deserves every help that he can get.

• Veteran Member

God bless you for this thread.

This one thread might hold more merit in the eyes of God than the rest of the Internet all together.

I sincerely hope our brothers and sisters in this site will join in. If all the regular members chip in with just ten dollars each, it may quickly add up to the required sum of money very soon.

Thanks again

(salam)

Jazak Allah brother for your d'uaas and kind words. I absolutely agree with your sentiments and trust that sisters and brothers will reach out and try to save a very young life from being snuffed out.

These bloody leukemias are vicious killers.

• Veteran Member

Dear brothers and sisters

(salam)

Please note that since the child is Moosavi Syed, you can use your Sahme Saadat to contribute.

If the date for your annual KHUMS is still a bit way off, please note that you are entitled to pay from your future KHUMS.

You don't need to go to the bank to make a telegraphic transfer or to the post office to buy stamps. You can pay online. We live in an easy world.

Please remember what the Quran says "Whoever helps save one life will be deemed to have saved all mankind". [5:32]

Sister Rawshni, can the mods do something to give this thread a little bang ? Thanks

• Basic Members
(bismillah)

(salam)

I am Mohammed Shaur Abbas Moosavi s/o Mr. Syed Sajjad Hussain Moosavi, aged 3 1/2 years old living in Royapettah, Chennai, India and i have been diagnosed as CML ( Juvenile Chronic Meloid Leukemia, Ph Chromosome positive ) a type of BLOOD CANCER at the age of 7 months and at present i require a Related Bone Marrow Transplantation, to be performed as soon as possible, for that my brother's Cord Blood is preserved at Life Cell International Pvt. Ltd. Chennai.

I am currently being treated by Dr. Ranjan Kumar Mohapatra (Oncologist) at Apollo Speciality Hospital, CHENNAI. I have been on Imatinib (Veenat 150 mg.) for the past two years and am now Imatinib resistant and in Blast Crisis since April 2008. Now I am on Desatinib 50 mg. a day (Sprycel 50 mg.) which is costing more than One Lakh Indian Rupees (approx $ 2500 dollars) per month which my parents cannot afford.

VISIT SITE FOR MOE INFO

This child deserves every help that he can get.

Join in good deeds

ãøóä íóÔúÝóÚú ÔóÝóÇÚóÉð ÍóÓóäóÉð íóßõä áøóåõ äóÕöíÈñ ãøöäúåóÇ æóãóä íóÔúÝóÚú ÔóÝóÇÚóÉð ÓóíøöÆóÉð íóßõä áøóåõ ßöÝúáñ ãøöäúåóÇ æóßóÇäó Çááøåõ Úóáóì ßõáøö ÔóíúÁò ãøõÞöíÊðÇ {85}

[Yusufali 4:85] Whoever recommends and helps a good cause becomes a partner therein: And whoever recommends and helps an evil cause, shares in its burden: And Allah hath power over all things

Save a Life

ãöäú ÃóÌúáö Ðóáößó ßóÊóÈúäóÇ Úóáóì Èóäöí ÅöÓúÑóÇÆöíáó Ãóäøóåõ ãóä ÞóÊóáó äóÝúÓðÇ ÈöÛóíúÑö äóÝúÓò Ãóæú ÝóÓóÇÏò Ýöí ÇáÃóÑúÖö ÝóßóÃóäøóãóÇ ÞóÊóáó ÇáäøóÇÓó ÌóãöíÚðÇ æóãóäú ÃóÍúíóÇåóÇ ÝóßóÃóäøóãóÇ ÃóÍúíóÇ ÇáäøóÇÓó ÌóãöíÚðÇ æóáóÞóÏú ÌóÇÁÊúåõãú ÑõÓõáõäóÇ ÈöÇáÈóíøöäóÇÊö Ëõãøó Åöäøó ßóËöíÑÇð ãøöäúåõã ÈóÚúÏó Ðóáößó Ýöí ÇáÃóÑúÖö áóãõÓúÑöÝõæäó {32}

[shakir 5:32] For this reason did We prescribe to the children of Israel that whoever slays a soul, unless it be for manslaughter or for mischief in the land, it is as though he slew all men; and whoever keeps it alive, it is as though he kept alive all men; and certainly Our messengers came to them with clear arguments, but even after that many of them certainly act extravagantly in the land.

• Site Administrators

Salams

The Prophet said:

" There are four groups on whose behalf I will intercede on the Ressurection Day: Those who honor my offspring after me; those who fulfill their needs; those who try to assist them in times they need them; and those who love them both wholeheartedly and verbally "

Uyun Al Akhbar - Vol 1 - English version - p:476

^

Thank you so much for pitching into help the child. Allah bless.

Dear brothers and sisters

(salam)

Please note that since the child is Moosavi Syed, you can use your Sahme Saadat to contribute.

If the date for your annual KHUMS is still a bit way off, please note that you are entitled to pay from your future KHUMS.

You don't need to go to the bank to make a telegraphic transfer or to the post office to buy stamps. You can pay online. We live in an easy world.

Please remember what the Quran says "Whoever helps save one life will be deemed to have saved all mankind". [5:32]

Sister Rawshni, can the mods do something to give this thread a little bang ? Thanks

(wasalam)

THank you Baqae for spelling out the many ways how the siters and brothers here canhelp.

The moderating team has already pinned the topic, which is very nice of them.

Apart from any material help that the members may provide, it is imperative that they remember the Shaur in their duaas.

Insha Allah Khayr.

how about you guys pool in resources and buy dastanib in bulk...it can be had for way way cheaper if bought directly...just run a search on one of the business portals...i just ran a search on google and this site came up http://www.huskerchem.com/contact/index.html

yes the child deserves every help.....but there must be a lot of children like him...what makes this kid soo special..a momin..just cuz he has this name? or cuz his parents are organised enuff to have a website up ...i forgot its all in a name for muslims and shias...quite sad

• Banned

salams

uff thats so sad...sis rawshni is there someway you can contect them, for them to set up a paypal account, to transfer funds into? it would be so much simpler, quicker and easier for people to help them financially rather than relying on western union etc

^

The request to set up this topic came to me from an Indian sister. I will see if I can somehow get in touch with the family and persuade them to set up a PayPal account.

They probably have not set up such an account because PayPal charges a ceratin percentage per transaction. while organizations such as the bigger banks and Western Union usually waive off their charges.

Wallahu 'aalam.

Jazak Allah for pointing this out.

• Banned

^^ true, its usually 2 or 3 pounds per transaction i think? i think that it will be worth it though, because of the added convenience and speed means anyone anywhere in the world with an internet connection can send money within a few minutes, rather than having to physically take the time out to walk into a bank/ western union

^^ true, its usually 2 or 3 pounds per transaction i think? i think that it will be worth it though, because of the added convenience and speed means anyone anywhere in the world with an internet connection can send money within a few minutes, rather than having to physically take the time out to walk into a bank/ western union

My husband just told me that the PayPal option is there and I just explored their payment screen. They have a PayPal option and they also accept payments via Credit Cards. So donations towards the kid's treatment can be made right from your computer.

PAYMENT VIA PAYPAL OPTION

• Banned

salams sis...sorry the link isnt working for me? how do i navigate to it from their website?

salams...sorry my monitor wasnt big enough...i found it now :blush:

• Banned

i remember a hadith from maula ali (as) regarding his love for children..

http://www.ezsoftech.com/stories/imamali3.asp

...She opened the door. Entering the house he said: "I wish to do some good acts. Either let me knead the flour and bake the bread or allow me to look after the children."

"Very well, but I can do the job of kneading and cooking better than you. You take care of the children till I finish cooking".

She went to knead the flour. Immediately he grilled some meat, which he had brought and fed the children saying to each child while putting morsel in his mouth: "My son, forgive Ali if he has failed in his duty towards you"

The flour got ready; she called: "Gentleman! Put fire in the oven". He went and put fire in the oven. When flames rose up, he brought his face near the fire and said, "Taste the heat of fire. It is the punishment for those who fail in their duty towards orphans and widows."...

inshallah Our Ameer ul Momineen will not fail in his duty towards protecting this child from harm

• Advanced Member

I forward the link, and the sad part was the view of poeple. They have no hearts really. The comment i got about this was "Oh come on, this kind of mails are always mailed around, we shudnt believe it etc" Im soo hurt to see this.

I wish people wud understand the need of this lil child who is suffering soo much.

May Allah protect this lil kid for the sake of Imam Hussain's sacrifice. Inshallah!

• Banned

^^ theres a saying from imam ali (as), "dont be ashamed by giving a little, because giving nothing is even less than that", hopefully if enough people keep forwarding the message SOME momin will either help with dhuas or financially

i suggest we contact our local idaras for help - maybe print out the page and stick it on the masjid noticeboard, inshallah ill be doing it for jummah maybe that will be more effective than chainmail?

• Advanced Member
^^ theres a saying from imam ali (as), "dont be ashamed by giving a little, because giving nothing is even less than that", hopefully if enough people keep forwarding the message SOME momin will either help with dhuas or financially

i suggest we contact our local idaras for help - maybe print out the page and stick it on the masjid noticeboard, inshallah ill be doing it for jummah maybe that will be more effective than chainmail?

Thats a good idea. I think people wud hardly notice mails, so noticeboard is a nice way to tell people.

I dun have a printer, but Inshallah ill try to do smoething, we have Masjid-az-Zahra near my house, i can than give that to my dad, he can stick it there.

MAy Allah help the kid.. May people realize the pain of this lil child. Ameen

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

InshaAllah Khair...

May Allah(swt) help the lil Angle.... InshaAllah things will go well and he'll be fine completely very soon.

My prayers are with him and will do whatever will be possible InshaAllah.

Wassalam.

(bismillah) (salam),

May Allah grant comprehensive, least painful and quick recovery to this child. Here is some information regarding Chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML)

Alternative Names

CML; Chronic granulocytic leukemia; Leukemia - chronic granulocytic (CML)

Definition

Chronic myelogenous leukemia is cancer of the bone marrow.

Causes

CML can occur in adults (usually middle-aged) and children. The disease affects 1 to 2 people per 100,000 and accounts for 7 - 20% cases of leukemia. It is usually associated with a chromosome abnormality called the Philadelphia chromosome.

CML causes rapid growth of the blood-forming cells (myeloid precursors) in the bone marrow, peripheral blood, and body tissues.

Exposure to ionizing radiation is one possible trigger for this chromosome abnormality. Such exposure could occur from a nuclear disaster or from treatment of a previous cancer, like thyroid cancer or Hodgkin's lymphoma. However, the vast majority of people treated for cancer with radiation do not go on to develop leukemia. It takes many years to develop leukemia from this cause.

Symptoms

Chronic myelogenous leukemia is grouped into several phases.

The chronic phase that can last for months or years. The disease may have few or no symptoms during this time. Most people are diagnosed by during this stage, when they are being tested for something else.

The accelerated phase is a more dangerous phase, during which the leukemia cells grow more quickly. Acceleration of the disease may be associated with fever (without infection), bone pain, and a swollen spleen.

If untreated, CML progresses to the blast crisis phase. This phase is very difficult to treat and is marked by a very high count of immature white blood cells (leukemia cells). Bleeding and infection may occur due to bone marrow failure.

Other possible symptoms include:

* Fatigue

* Weakness

* Excessive sweating (night sweats)

* Low-grade fever

* Pressure under the left ribs from an swollen spleen

* Bleeding and bruising

* Sudden appearance of small red marks on the skin (petechiae)

Exams and Tests

A physical examination often reveals an enlarged spleen. A CBC shows an increased number of white blood cells.

Other tests that may be done include:

* CBC differential

* Bone marrow aspiration

* Testing for the presence of the Philadelphia chromosome

* Molecular assay for the bcr-abl gene

This disease may also alter the results of the following tests:

* Vitamin B-12 level

* Uric acid

* Platelet count

Treatment

Imatinib (Gleevec) is the first line of therapy for all patients. Gleevec blocks the Philadelphia chromosome and is assosicated with very high rates of remission. Similar drugs are being developed.

Sometimes a chemotherapy medicine called hydroxyurea (Hydrea) is used temporarily to control the white blood cell count.

The only known cure for CMS is a bone marrow transplant or stem cell transplantation

Edited by Dr_Asad_77

There is a link to the child's site. I believe the site also has a contact link. Drop a question there and you will get the up to date status. It appears the site is managed by the child's family.