Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
dingdong

Why Dont The Shia Wear The Niqab?

Rate this topic

Salam Alaikum

this is a generalization. I ahve noticed that most shia sisters dont wear the niqab Even though it is the sunnah of Bibi Fatima Zahra (as). On he otehr hand mostly the wahabbis type people who I ahve noticed wear the niqab. So why is this even though it is the shia who should have the best of hijab and charachter?

its not part of hijab, so we dont have to wear it.

"Wahabie type of people" can refer to saudies and other arab countries, where the majority of woman cover their face be it shia or sunni.

It's definitely more difficult for Muslim woman to wear a niqab in the west, so that is probably why your niqab observations are very limited.

Edited by Kaka Sahib

hmmm good point.

fadak: yes its a part of hijab. Bibi Fatima Zahra (A)S used to wear AFAIK and is recommended. Anyways some mujtahids like Ayatollah Khoei said its wajib as obligatory precaution which means theres a chance that its wajib.

But even here in the UAE there very few people who wear it. The ones who do wear it are AFAIK the wahabbi extremist types. Why is that the deviant wahabbis in general have a better hijab than us Shias?

Majority of marja' say it's not required. If you go to south Lebnan there are quite a few that wear them. Not niqab though, that's where even your face is covered correct? Some women in jnoub Lebnan wear the abayyah, where only their face is showing.

Yeah its not required by most and in general I think you will always find a marja who says its not required. But my question is that why is it that this mustahab act is done by the deviant types but not the Shia even though the Shia love Bibi Fatima Zahra (as).

Niqab is the one which covers your face.

Yeah its not required by most and in general I think you will always find a marja who says its not required. But my question is that why is it that this mustahab act is done by the deviant types but not the Shia even though the Shia love Bibi Fatima Zahra (as).

Niqab is the one which covers your face.

That's because in places like Saudi Arabia and Afghanistan, the regimes would do unspeakable things to some women who wouldn't wear the niqab. They treat their women like dirt and second class citizens in those places more often than not, so high majority of those women are forced to wear it, it's not because they love Ahlul Bayt or anything remote to that.

Simply because a lot of muslim girls out there go through a lot of social problems because theyre basically covering their hair etc. so imagine how difficult it would be for lets say a uni student to wear the niqab to uni, and just imagine the difficulties she will be going through. its easier said then done. its all a struggle.

I am not talking about the west. I am talking about the middle east. In the west I am not sure but I think it is haram to wear the niqab. Anyways so what about the Muslim countries? At least wear it to the mosque?

hmm makes sense. Ok so if we Shias love the Ahlul Bayt (as) so much then why dont more people wear the niqab. I am not attacking us or judging us.

Yea Saudi Arabia is requirement for all women to wear niqab. Anyway, I don't really know bro, maybe the sisters here can answer for us :)?

I like the abaya better in my opinion, in farsi I guess you call it "chador".

I am generalizing and no its not requried but it is recommended so why dont we see a majority of shias wearing the niqab? Atleast in the Muslim countries, atleast where it is easy to wear it like when going to a mosque or someone house or something.

In Bahrain, quite alot of the Shia women wear Niqab, maybe just in the west the Shia women tend not to.

As Shias we have been told to respect the law of the land, and currently, due to political climate, wearing a niqab is not the best idea.

Wahabis couldn't care less if they hurt the feelings of other people, they would pray Namaaz in the middle of the road and piss everyone off if they have to, I have seen it done in an aeroplane, where 2 wahabis prayed on the isle, obstructing almost everyone who wanted to move up and down. What image you think those people in the plane got of Islam?