Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

How Would You Feel

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member
alright i just registered so i could know your views. At this moment in time i feel so awful. i mean how can she say that. oh well i always thought i was adopted.

The problem is easily solved if you try and develop an Islamic attitude, according to which physical beauty means nothing. What we should aim for is beauty of the spirit, not the body.

Your sister's beauty will fade away in a few years. What matters in the end is not physical but moral and ethical beauty. That is what you should try to excel in.

• Basic Members
The problem is easily solved if you try and develop an Islamic attitude, according to which physical beauty means nothing. What we should aim for is beauty of the spirit, not the body.

Your sister's beauty will fade away in a few years. What matters in the end is not physical but moral and ethical beauty. That is what you should try to excel in.

i know physical beauty doesn't matter. but the thing is i know for a fact she's not prettier than me. oh man i'm so depressed. i've been lying in bed for 5 hours now, trying to make myself feel better.

Never had a sister. Prolly would depend on how mother would say it. If the manner was not insulting or a jibe, Iwouldn't mind her saying so.

and yea she was trying to insult me.

• Advanced Member
i know physical beauty doesn't matter. but the thing is i know for a fact she's not prettier than me. oh man i'm so depressed. i've been lying in bed for 5 hours now, trying to make myself feel better.

awwwwwww :(

okay so i kinda know how you feel.. i have girl cousins even though not sisters.... so like all my aunts and uncles are always saying how they are just soooper pretty even my parents even though they never even made it half way through high school :cry: yeah right as if education matters for anything anyway right ..... and omg ... wow that summer was horrible! *run away crying*

Edited by GuCcI

• Veteran Member

Come on, Batool !

Do you know that the black and ugly Bilal was much dearer to our Holy Prophet than many of his fairer skinned companions ? Physical beauty is rubbish. It means nothing.

Spread out your prayer mat and thank God that you are not as ugly as many other women in the world. It just does not matter who in the world has more or less of good looks.

As I said before, beauty is only skin-deep. It means nothing.

Cheer up ! There are many things one needs to be happy about. And I am also sure your mother did not mean to insult you.

• Basic Members
Come on, Batool !

Do you know that the black and ugly Bilal was much dearer to our Holy Prophet than many of his fairer skinned companions. Physical beauty is rubbish. It means nothing.

Roll up your prayer mat and thank God that you are not as ugly as many other women in the world. It just does not matter who in the world has more or less of good looks.

As I said before, beauty is only skin-deep. It means nothing.

Cheer up ! There are many things one needs to be happy about.

but i bet hazrat Bilal's (as) mum never called him ugly. and i know i should be thankful and i am. i know i'm not ugly. but why did she have to say it? i mean i already know i'm not her favourite.

• Veteran Member
but i bet hazrat Bilal's mum never called him ugly.

How do you know ? Mothers say a lot of things that they don't mean.

but why did she have to say it?

She may not have been aware that you will take it so seriously. Now cheer up !

i mean i already know i'm not her favourite.

A mother's MAAMTA is always there even when she appears to love one child more than another. MAAMTA is equal for all children.

• Basic Members
How do you know ? Mothers say a lot of things that they don't mean.

She may not have been aware that you will take it so seriously. Now cheer up !

A mother's MAAMTA is always there even when she appears to love one child more than another. MAAMTA is equal for all children.

no its not. atleast not with my mum. anyway its always been that way so i'm kind of used to it now. i guess you're right. there's a lot of other things to cheer up about. such as doing 500 kick ups. i finally did it today. thanks.

• Veteran Member
no its not. atleast not with my mum.

When you are a mother yourself, you will realise than MAAMTA is always the same for all children. The apparent love may be diffrerent but not MAAMTA. That is always the same.

Just wait until you have kids of your own.

• Advanced Member

Wow, why all this bitterness sweets? After all she is your sister. Be happy for her and as Kaka said, move on.

Sorry sunshine, but if this was indeed true, you wouldn't feel depressed.

Now put on a smile.

Edited by Cee

• Veteran Member
well i can do 500 kick ups so i guess that makes me pretty cool. aww thanks that did make me feel better. i owe you one.

There you go. . B)

lol I thought he was talking about me too! :P because he put a ^ before his reply. :lol:

No, lol. It's cuz' you posted 1 second before me..

Edited by Kaka Sahib