Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
mansab.jafri

For Shialife: Ibn Taymiyyah Thread

Rate this topic

W/salam Mansab,

brother i do not know why you made another topic for such as simple query i made.

You called Ibn Tamiyah a nasibi and i provided quotes of his love for Ahlel Bayt.

Salaam, bro.

Bro, there are MANY Sunni scholars spanning across the centuries who have regarded ibn Taymiyyah as an infidel.

He is the forefather of the Nasibi Wahabi ideology. They call him "Sheikh al-Islam".

He wrote many insulting things about Imam Ali (a.s.). I can quote them for you if you would like.

- Mansab

Edited by mansab.jafri

Shaykh Ibn Taymiyya is not an infidel. Neither is he a nasibi/rafidi for that matter. It is the ijmaa' of the Sunni Scholars (Imam ibn 'Abidin radiallahu anhu Imam al-Nawawi radiallahu anhu Shaykh Muhammad Zahid al-Kawthari radiallahu anhu and the Habaib in Yemen)

I hope this makes it clear and ends this senseless thread.

Edited by Sijistani

Shaykh Ibn Taymiyya is not an infidel. Neither is he a nasibi/rafidi for that matter. It is the ijmaa' of the Sunni Scholars (Imam ibn 'Abidin radiallahu anhu Imam al-Nawawi radiallahu anhu Shaykh Muhammad Zahid al-Kawthari radiallahu anhu and the Habaib in Yemen)

I hope this makes it clear and ends this senseless thread.

Again, you lie.

Sijistani, you are very shameless sometimes, attributing the entire Ahlul'sunnah "ijma" to a few guys from here and there.

These scholars aren't worth the dust of people like ibn Hajar Asqalani according to your own school of thought, so get real. MANY PEOPLE have criticized him, and I don't even want to talk to you about it, this thread was not for you.

But thanks for clarifying your opinion on the word "ijma". It must be the same "ijma" obtained for Abu Bak'r when he ditched the funeral of the Prophet (a.s.). Such rubbish!

- Mansab

Ibn Taymiyya held the belief that with logic, one couldn't attain religious truths. It was the main, evident thought in his writings. We've all seen to many real life experiences that did quite the opposite.

Let me show you who lies: is there a difference between 'infidel' and 'MANY PEOPLE have criticized him'? la hawla wala quwwata illa billah

Ibn Taymiyya is not an infidel. He is a Muslim. This is the position of the four schools. You can confirm it yourself. All other positions are wrong. You can quote anyone else from the Sunni 'ulama, doesn't really matter. The people who you call few guys from here and there are the principal source of positions today.

I can sit here and cite dozens of people who have called him a kafir, but I don't really want to waste my time on you because you believe in the same IJMA that Abu Bak'r received for his usurpation.

Don't waste my time. This thread is not for you.

Anyone who believes in anthropomorphism of Allah is a kafir, period. The Qur'an is clear on this.

- Mansab

Go on cite them, it does not really matter. you can also cite those people who Ibn taymiyya called kafir, it does not really matter.

What matters is the position of the 4 schools, that he is NOT AN INFIDEL, but a Muslim.

Regarding whether we can call people 'kaafir' based on their 'anthropomorphism, is a DIFFERENT ISSUE. And wasn't this thread about Ibn Taymiyya and his belief on the book nahj ul-balagha? How did he become a 'kaafir'?

Actually, this thread was for a dialog between myself and brother Shialife. If you want to discuss your issues, do it somewhere else.

Case closed.

- Mansab

If Ibn Taimiyah was not a kaffir, then no kaffir has ever been born or died.

(salam)

No doubt antropomorphism is kufr, the question is whether Ibn Taymiyyah was really an antorpomorphist or not.

Many scholars leaned towards the opinion that he was, others give him the benefit of a doubt. But yes there are things in his writings which lean towards there being antropomorphistic tendenices.

Also many criticized him for being a Nasibi in his own time. And whether he was or not is impossible to say, i do not posses the knowledge of the hearts. But he did say several things that we find degrading about Amir-ul-Mu'mineen (alaihi assalaam).