Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Bani Hashim110

Sayed Mohmad Rida Al Shirazi

Rate this topic

Islamic Educational Center of Orange County-Costa Mesa

http://www.iecoc.org IECOC: 3194-B Airport Loop Dr. Costa Mesa, CA-USA 92626

In the Name of Allah, the Infinitely Compassionate, the Most Merciful.

“Who say, when afflicted with calamity: ‘To Allah We belong, and to Him is our return.’” (2:156)

Allatheena itha asabathum museebatun qaloo inna lillahi wainna ilayhi rajiAAoona

????????? ????? ???????????? ?????????? ???????? ?????? ?????? ????????? ???????? ?????????

It is with heartfelt condolences and content by Divine decree that we announce to the Muslim ummah of North America the sad passing of the honorable Ayatollah Sayed Muhammad Ridha Al-Shirazi.

May Allah (swt) raise his rank in Paradise , his sad departure happened on Sunday, June 1st, 2008 in the holy city of Qum ( Iran ) at the young age of 48.

The dear departed Sayed Muhammad Ridha Shirazi is the oldest son of the late Marjah of the Grand Ayatollah Sayed Muhammad Al-Shirazi.

He was born in the holy city of Karbala , Iraq and lived in exile in Kuwait and Iran for over 30 years.

The much-lamented Sayed Muhammad Ridha Shirazi is a renowned Muslim jurist theologian scholar. His incredible in-depth knowledge was passed onto hundreds of graduating Muslim scholars around the world. Many Muslims greatly absorbed Islamic wisdom and knowledge from his teachings. He was a humble valiant contributor of Islam and Ahlul-Bayt. A light of source that shun across the hearts and minds of all Muslims, the beloved Sayed Muhammad Ridha Shirazi will greatly be missed.

His burial will take place on Tuesday, June 3rd, 2008 in the holy city of Karbala , Iraq .

The Islamic Educational Center of Orange County (IECOC) requests your presence for a special memorial service in his honor on Thursday, June 5th, 2008 after the magrib prayers at IECOC.

Copyright Islamic Educational Center of Orange County-Costa Mesa 2007. Tel: 714-432-0060 / Fax: 714-432-0070

All rights reserved. http://www.iecoc.org / info@iecoc.org

Inna Lillahi wa Inna Ilayhi Raji'oon :cry:

It is a great loss for the Muslim Ummah... RIP

Are you sure his burial was in Karbala? Because I was watcing it on ASC and it was in Qom. :unsure:

Inna Lillahi wa Inna Ilayhi Raji'oon :cry:

It is a great loss for the Muslim Ummah... RIP

Are you sure his burial was in Karbala? Because I was watcing it on ASC and it was in Qom. :unsure:

Yes it is in Karbla

I totally agree with you, Sah.

Its quite disappointing... also, that they have shown absolutely nothing on the Iranian TV channels and Al Forat about is death!

I was really surprised. on ASC and Anwar we were watching live coverage from Karbala... but there was nothing on the other channels.

Its sad, really.

*sigh*

Allah Yerhama :cry:.

I'm very upset ShiaChat has done absolutely nothing to mourn his death. His name should be on the ShiaChat banner in big red letters!

I so agree with u...its such a shame!!! In iraq 2day they were mourning his death....more than 1million of ppl...in iraq....from Karbala, Najaf, Baghdad, Nasreea, Kout, diwanejah, and many other cities.....! And there was delegation from al around da world....kuwait, iran saudiarabia, oman, bahrain etc....!

And all he delegation of hawzat in nafaj and karbala participated.....and here there is not even one singel article form the mods honouring him n his death......!

And I do wanna no da reason y they havent put his name on shiachat banner....could some of u shiachat mods explain? This is the least thing u guys could do!

http://www.nahrainnet.net/news/52/ARTICLE/...2008-06-05.html

peace

I totally agree with you, Sah.

Its quite disappointing... also, that they have shown absolutely nothing on the Iranian TV channels and Al Forat about is death!

I was really surprised. on ASC and Anwar we were watching live coverage from Karbala... but there was nothing on the other channels.

Its sad, really.

*sigh*

It is more than disappointing!!! None of the tv channels ve shown his death ceremony! Just 3 tv channels showed it.... Al-anwar tv as u mentioned http://www.alanwartv.com/ alzahra and ahlulbayt. The other iraqi shia channesl r owned by different politicals parties, they only look for their own benefits.....thats y they ve lost their credibility!!! I wont call em a shiachannels cuz they didnt event mention bout this ayatollahs death...!

Just 3 tv channels showed it.... Al-anwar tv as u mentioned http://www.alanwartv.com/ alzahra and ahlulbayt. The other iraqi shia channesl r owned by different politicals parties, they only look for their own benefits.....thats y they ve lost their credibility!!! I wont call em a shiachannels cuz they didnt event mention bout this ayatollahs death...!

Do the 3 TV channels you mention broadcast ALL of the funerals for ALL of the ulama who pass away in the world regardless of ethnicity, language, location, ideology, or family name? Do they broadcast the funerals of all of the the well known ulama who pass away in India and Africa and other areas and who also are mourned by many people? Do they commemorate the loss of all of the ulamaa who pass away in Iran even if they do not agree with them?

If they do not, it is better to fix that first than to criticize others for their lapses.

Edited by BintAlHoda

Innaa lillah wa innaa ilayhi raaji3oun. I was also thinking about how much tension there must be between the pro-shirazi community and the pro-khomeini community because they don't broadcast anything about the other... i've never seen anything on anwar about imam Khomeini or Khamenei or come to think of it, any marja that is not affiliated with Ayat. Shirazi or S. Murtadha Qazwini. At the same time I've been looking for even a simple announcement of Ayat. Mohammad Redha Shirazi death on Iranian channels or Manar or even a statement but failed. It's surprising because he's a marja, not just anyone. One can only hope there's a good reason for all of this because on both sides you can find intelligent, pious, and sincere scholars on the path of Ahlulbayt.

Do the 3 TV channels you mention broadcast ALL of the funerals for ALL of the ulama who pass away in the world regardless of ethnicity, language, location, ideology, or family name? Do they broadcast the funerals of all of the the well known ulama who pass away in India and Africa and other areas and who also are mourned by many people? Do they commemorate the loss of all of the ulamaa who pass away in Iran even if they do not agree with them?

If they do not, it is better to fix that first than to criticize others for their lapses.

You ought to be ashamed for that ignorant comment u made! Do u even watch al anwar channel or al zahra? ( i dnt no bout ahlulbayt cuz we dnt ve it! ) But I am sure if u do watch al anwar channel u wouldnt have made such a stupid remark. Cuz the khotobaa in al anwar channel who give lectures they all belong 2different schools of thoughts (different marajae) Since this tv channel have been established no death of an alim has occured....with exception to the death of Ayatullah Al-Shaikh Mirza Jawad al tabrizi (may his soul rip) and they broadcasted it der with Quran and mourned him so dnt come here n spread fitna plz! We sould all love each other n respect each other no matter wut......

But then lets ASSUME that these channels dnt commemorate the loss of none ulama just their own....would that give u the right to do same? Wut took place on the 1st of june on sunday is a tragedy ... not atragedy that took place 10years or more ago....it happened recently n none of the shia channels even mentioned it didnt even send their condolence???!!! Even Al jazeera reported his death!

I once again extend my deep condolences to the Imam of Time.... and the Muslim world on the sad demise of Ayatullah Mohammad Ridah al Shirazi.... May Allah almighty grant this great scholar the lofty status ya rab....!

Also, being part of the mod/admin crew, shouldnt u have consulted the others before posting what u did_ This is not a "give your opinion" thread. I asked for an explanation to as why you didnt include his name on the banner/board, and all you did was talk out of sheer ignorance. All i can say is sad...very sad

Innaa lillah wa innaa ilayhi raaji3oun. I was also thinking about how much tension there must be between the pro-shirazi community and the pro-khomeini community because they don't broadcast anything about the other... i've never seen anything on anwar about imam Khomeini or Khamenei or come to think of it, any marja that is not affiliated with Ayat. Shirazi or S. Murtadha Qazwini. At the same time I've been looking for even a simple announcement of Ayat. Mohammad Redha Shirazi death on Iranian channels or Manar or even a statement but failed. It's surprising because he's a marja, not just anyone. One can only hope there's a good reason for all of this because on both sides you can find intelligent, pious, and sincere scholars on the path of Ahlulbayt.

With respect to what you said regarding al anwar not reporting anything not linking to al shirazi, you are vry wrong. Get your facts straight. Besides, the reason why al anwar does not broadcast anything about Imam Khomeini (may his soul rip) & Khamenei is because Iran hasnt contributed with anything to be reported in the channel. If they did, im pretty certain al anwar would broadcast it. I dont see why they wouldnt? :huh: :huh:

We are all muslim and SHIA! WHats really sad is that we continously cry for Imam Al mahdis apperance, yet we cant even reunite.

I apologize if you were offended. I watch anwar a lot and personally have never seen a segment about someone who isn't affiliated. I hope I have my facts wrong. Can you mention a few names?

"the reason why al anwar does not broadcast anything about Imam Khomeini (may his soul rip) & Khamenei is because Iran hasnt contributed with anything to be reported in the channel."

What do you mean by contribution? Dying?

Ayatullah Shirazi is talked about and his pictures etc. are shown all day long on his death anniversary (on salaam tv for ex.) but not the same with Imam Khomeini. Same with Iranian channels who don't broadcast anything about Ayatullah Shirazi. Ayatullah Khamenei makes khutbas all the time yet they don't broadcast it on anwar, and Ayatullah Sadeq Shirazi makes khutbas as well and they're not shown on Iranian channels or Manar.

I'm disgusted by your lack of respect on this specific matter, not only coming from a fellow shia... but also coming from an admin on this site, after a long absence from this site, i come back to see what shiachat has done about a Great loss to our religion i see this shameless comment from a mod...

and as for your other comment regarding different channels covering this loss, regardless of their actions, shiachat should not take a certain and very OBVIOUS and POLITICAL stance on this matter and show some respect for the dead and quite possibily one of the most respect famillies of scholars by showing a better sign of mourning for their death

Allah yesamhich ya bint el hoda

I'm disgusted by your lack of respect on this specific matter, not only coming from a fellow shia... but also coming from an admin on this site, after a long absence from this site, i come back to see what shiachat has done about a Great loss to our religion i see this shameless comment from a mod...

I am not speaking as an admin or mod on this point. I am expressing no political stance and have no authority to do so from the board.

However, I admit I was surprised (and even dismayed) to hear the comments about being "disappointed" in ShiaChat (and I was really responding to that, not the satellite channels, but I did not want to say what I was thinking directly). It is easy to mourn the dead who come from our countries and whose names we know, who speak our language and whom we generally agree with. It is easy to criticize others for not doing the same. But is it right to criticize others when we ourselves do not always give equal attention to other marhoumeen?

I hope my point is clear inshallah.

Edited by BintAlHoda

(bismillah)

(salam)

Ok what is going on here?

Who is responsable for the death of Al Shaheed Ayatullah Sayed Mohamad Rida Al Shirazi ???

I thought it was a normal wisaal, not a shahadaa?

Allah Yerhama :cry:.

I'm very upset ShiaChat has done absolutely nothing to mourn his death. His name should be on the ShiaChat banner in big red letters!

IT SHOULD BE SAID!!! SOME PEOPLE ON SHIA CHAT HAVE SOME GRUDGES AGAINST CERTAIN PEOPLE..ASTAGHFURALLAH..

Marhum Ayatollah Sayed Muhammad Ridha Al-Shirazi ,

Qum,01/06/2008 (26 Jamaadi ul Awwal 1429)

We regret to inform you of the sad demise of Marhum Ayatollah Sayed Muhammad Ridha Al-Shirazi who passed away in Qum on Sunday 1 June 2008, 26 Jamaadi ul Awwal 1429. The Marhum was buried in Karbala on Tuesday 3 June 2008, 28 Jamaadi ul Awwal 1429. Mumineen are requested to remember the Marhum in their prayers.

seyd mohammad ridha shirazi (rahimahollah)

IT SHOULD BE SAID!!! SOME PEOPLE ON SHIA CHAT HAVE SOME GRUDGES AGAINST CERTAIN PEOPLE..ASTAGHFURALLAH..

I don't want to discuss this too much because I DO find it disrespectful, and I wouldn't have this sort of discussion at a funeral.

However, where are these ideas coming from? From what I wrote??? I honestly find THIS sort of attitude very disturbing, that is why I wrote what I wrote in response to what written above. (Aside from the fact I strongly dislike asabiyyah in all forms, and I felt disturbed by what was being said) There is no hidden conspiracy or agenda here on ShiaChat. There is a broad spectrum of political and ideological beliefs among the admins and I am sure you know that. Rather than "badmouthing" this site - and using its resources to do so - why not be grateful to the people have put it together, who are running it, who are paying for it, and who decided to dedicate a substantial part of their lives to making sure it continues? I am not talking about myself. Rather I am talking about those people who actually invested serious amounts of time, money, and effort into getting SC online in the first place.

dont worry i wont hold my breath for shiachat to put a banner mourning our loss, but for those who are interested go ahead and click on the banner of Shiavideo.com they have some information

Khalaf, I think you missed my entire point. As long as you are still talking about "OUR" loss and "us" versus "them", I think you didn't get what I was saying. Please go back and reread :)

Edited by BintAlHoda

I am not speaking as an admin or mod on this point. I am expressing no political stance and have no authority to do so from the board.

However, I admit I was surprised (and even dismayed) to hear the comments about being "disappointed" in ShiaChat (and I was really responding to that, not the satellite channels, but I did not want to say what I was thinking directly). It is easy to mourn the dead who come from our countries and whose names we know, who speak our language and whom we generally agree with. It is easy to criticize others for not doing the same. But is it right to criticize others when we ourselves do not always give equal attention to other marhoumeen?

I hope my point is clear inshallah.

I don't want to discuss this too much because I DO find it disrespectful, and I wouldn't have this sort of discussion at a funeral.

However, where are these ideas coming from? From what I wrote??? I honestly find THIS sort of attitude very disturbing, that is why I wrote what I wrote in response to what written above. (Aside from the fact I strongly dislike asabiyyah in all forms, and I felt disturbed by what was being said) There is no hidden conspiracy or agenda here on ShiaChat. There is a broad spectrum of political and ideological beliefs among the admins and I am sure you know that. Rather than "badmouthing" this site - and using its resources to do so - why not be grateful to the people have put it together, who are running it, who are paying for it, and who decided to dedicate a substantial part of their lives to making sure it continues? I am not talking about myself. Rather I am talking about those people who actually invested serious amounts of time, money, and effort into getting SC online in the first place.

Totally unrelated prattle. Instead of giving a solid and forthright answer to the question(s) asked, you connect irrelevant matters and justify the fact that nothing was done by saying we "disregard" other great international scholars, and "therefore" should have nothing to say.

This isn't about the members, but about the factor that Shiachat did nothing to mourn Ayatollah Sayid Ridha Al-Shirazi (may he rip).

Indeed. There's definitely no point in taking this any further.

the person who invested the most into this site does not believe in it anymore, which comes to show how much unity us as Muslim Shias have, brother Ali started this site and he's left everything about it behind, its attitude like what has been displayed in this post that pullls us apart

and as for me saying OUR loss, I am speaking about the Muslims worldwide

I apologize if you were offended. I watch anwar a lot and personally have never seen a segment about someone who isn't affiliated. I hope I have my facts wrong. Can you mention a few names?

"the reason why al anwar does not broadcast anything about Imam Khomeini (may his soul rip) & Khamenei is because Iran hasnt contributed with anything to be reported in the channel."

What do you mean by contribution? Dying?

Ayatullah Shirazi is talked about and his pictures etc. are shown all day long on his death anniversary (on salaam tv for ex.) but not the same with Imam Khomeini. Same with Iranian channels who don't broadcast anything about Ayatullah Shirazi. Ayatullah Khamenei makes khutbas all the time yet they don't broadcast it on anwar, and Ayatullah Sadeq Shirazi makes khutbas as well and they're not shown on Iranian channels or Manar.

I m just sayin that dnt no for sure.....anyway the reason y they dnt put khameneis speech is cuz al anwar is an islamic channel, not political.

Some names; Sayeed Moneer al Khabaz, Sheikh Mohammed Jouma, Sayeed Baqeer al Mohri, Sayed al Hashimee, Sheikh al safar to name a few...

Peace

Inna lilaah wa inna ilaihi raji'oon

I will always remember his eloquent speeches that I listened to while growing up. He was truly an inspiration for me; he always reminded the listener about the afterlife, judgement day, that death is haq and that life might be very short as it clearly was with his life (however very fruitful).... therefore, he always warned that one should seize the moment and do as much "khair" in this life as possible before it was too late. His departure from this world is yet another lesson for us to prepare ourselves for the next life.

May Allah have mercy on his soul and bring him into His Paradise in the vicinity of Mohammad (pbuh) wa Aal Mohammad (pbuh) and may He hasten the appearance of Sahib Az Zaman (aj).

Edited by Saberah

First of all sister, i was not pointing fingers, and actually the point i was trying to cross, is that even on threads that are commemorating a death, people still bring in politics and i do think that is wrong and disrespectful. And i do appreaciate the ppl who put this site together, but not the users who bring in HATRED for a dead person (may Allah bless his soul). Anyhow if you or any other user have something against this man, or even commemorating his death, then they should not post something opposed to the WHOLE idea of this thread.

(bismillah)

(salam)

Was he one of those Shirazis who have insulted Imam Khamenei in public?

I'm only asking because I don't know anything about him.

Let me just say that I throw everything away what is against Imam Khamenei like I trhow a hadith away which is against the Quran

(wasalam)