Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Cardiff (wales) Shias?

Nemo

• Basic Members

Hi guys,

I will be moving to cardiff in Wales (UK) this sept to study my MSc, i don't know ANYONE there nor will i be studying with current friends, are there any momins in cardiff willing to help a sister find a second home in cardiff ??? :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

(salam) (bismillah)

Sister I met a few brother this week who are studying / working in cardiff, who have informed me that cardiff has two shia centres.

I will get you the address and contract numbers of the centre.

I wish you the best in your studies

lots of dua's

(salam)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Salam

There is an Iraqi centre: Imam ALi (as) Mosque, Metal street, splott. Lots of different nationalities that attend: Iranians, Bahranis, Kuwaitis, Omanians etc.

The shia population in Cardiff is quite large, so I wouldn't worry about being alone.

I think there's a female member of shiachat, raat ki ranni(??), who you can contact to find out more as she lives in Cardiff.

You will inshallah like Cardiff. Its a beautiful place.

• Basic Members

Salaam

Yes, i was reading about that centre yesterday. It's so difficult to get in touch with the right people, half of them don't seem to be responding to any emails. Anyway, thank you both for your help, i shall continue searching.

Wasalaam

• 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member
Nemo said:
Hi guys,

I will be moving to cardiff in Wales (UK) this sept to study my MSc, i don't know ANYONE there nor will i be studying with current friends, are there any momins in cardiff willing to help a sister find a second home in cardiff ??? :)

Salam My sister

I have met an iraqi shia a month ago. He said there is a significant number of shias in Cardiff. I think you will meet many momineen when you arive there. I also have some contact numbers for shia centers in Cardiff. I have not tried them yet. A shia member in another Arabic forum gave me these numbers. if you are interested I can forward them to you.

Unfortentely, I live here - in Exeter- with my small family. There are no shia mosque or islamic center or even organized shia community. Anyway, Exeter is not too far from Cardiff. You are welcomed to visit us or get in friendship with my wife and her friend who are studying English in the University.

Imam Ali Centre in Cardiff

[Mod Note: Video no longer visible was removed.]

• Advanced Member

Salaam

i'm aware of 2 punjabi centres in newport aprox about 12 miles away from cardiff

Islamic Society For Gwent and Hussani Mission, i think there are over 2000 momins in that city

both idara's are active throughout the year

about accomodation best bet is to see the internet and see if you can find any sort of accomadation

• 10 months later...
  • Basic Members

(wasalam) Thear are two islamic shia centre: 1- 22 salisbury Road 2- 54 metal street. for more information and help please contact shaikh abbasi on 07957448337 or mail: abbasi_law@yahoo.com

Yours

Abbasi

Hi guys,

• 9 years later...
Guest Ali Abbas

AsSalam o Alaikum

As a part of my medical training, I will be moving to West Wales for my training job in Prince Philip Hospital and Glangwili Hospital for 2-3 years. Anyone can suggest a better place to rent nearby where it will be easy to access HALAL FOOD and Imambargah

• 2 years later...