Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
mansab.jafri

Hassanain Rajabali Refuting Original Sin And Crucifixion

Rate this topic

The debate itself took place a few years ago. I still haven't managed to find the complete copy of the debate, be it online or offline. This youtube clip shows only a small part of it. Does anyone know where I can watch the entire debate?

Edited by Kaka Sahib

Umm, I'm sure everyone else is wondering how exactly this proves anything.

I believe that Bro. Rajabali made many good points and I hope the Christians in the audience were opening up and taking in the viewpoint. If they can find anything convincing that retracts the Islamic viewpoint on it, than they should have nothing to worry about it. If they can't, it only represents the limitation that is Christianity. If a religion can not answer all questions put forth with it, than it is not right.

I believe that Bro. Rajabali made many good points and I hope the Christians in the audience were opening up and taking in the viewpoint. If they can find anything convincing that retracts the Islamic viewpoint on it, than they should have nothing to worry about it. If they can't, it only represents the limitation that is Christianity. If a religion can not answer all questions put forth with it, than it is not right.

This is not a question for Christianity or even Judaism. As a Christian, I am not the least bit concerned about Adam and Eve or "original sin". You can leap forward thousands of years if you want to the story of Noah and, as a Christian, I have no concern for that either. If someone wishes to make the argument that I should be concerned, let him make that argument.

Otherwise, Judaism begins with Abram and Christianity begins with Jesus. Prove otherwise and we'll talk.

As a Christian, I am not the least bit concerned about Adam and Eve or "original sin".

But isn't that one of the most fundamental aspects of Christianity?

Otherwise, Judaism begins with Abram and Christianity begins with Jesus. Prove otherwise and we'll talk.

Did Islam begin with Muhammad (pbuh)? No, Islam began as early as Adam and continued on to Abraham, Noah, Moses, etc. Prove that anything pre-Jesus is irrelevant in Christianity. Judiasm, Christianity, and Islam are all the same story of monotheism and have the same chain of prophets. The only difference between these religions is over who is the last person in that chain and what significance that means. Islam is the only religion that goes through the full chain and ends at Muhammad (pbuh). Judiasm and Christianity fall short because they stop the chain too early.

Edited by Shia Engineer

snapback.pngIMAnonymous, on Jul 7 2008, 10:46 PM, said:

As a Christian, I am not the least bit concerned about Adam and Eve or "original sin".

But isn't that one of the most fundamental aspects of Christianity?

IMA isn't around much anymore but to answer the question, yeah, so what? I mean, what bearing does it have on life today?

Adam was made from the dust of the earth, or...7 different types of clay. Who gets to say? What difference does it make?

As for original sin, every religion that believes so has come up with an age of accountability for their kids so that doesn't matter much either.

The actual original sin, as mentioned in all our scriptures is the pride of Iblis. The "sins" of the father carried down thru generations is more likely to be STDs.

Did Islam begin with Muhammad (pbuh)? No, Islam began as early as Adam and continued on to Abraham, Noah, Moses, etc. Prove that anything pre-Jesus is irrelevant in Christianity. Judiasm, Christianity, and Islam are all the same story of monotheism and have the same chain of prophets. The only difference between these religions is over who is the last person in that chain and what significance that means. Islam is the only religion that goes through the full chain and ends at Muhammad (pbuh). Judiasm and Christianity fall short because they stop the chain too early.

I've mentioned before that if Islam is the name of the original religion from the ages I'm fine with that. Muslims claim Muhammad is the 124,000th Prophet and there are no more, There's some 123, 850 names missing from the list, care to fill in the rest? if you're not up on the "before", you may not have a grasp on the "after". If 124,000 Prophets were equal then somebody should at least know their names, no?

Let's not forget Islam split because they couldn't agree on who should be next in line after Muhammad.

If a religion can not answer all questions put forth with it, than it is not right.

There's a website, 60 questions Muslims don't want to answer, wanna give it a go?

As for the crucifixion, there is a tremendous amout of arguments on both sides. (enough to make athiests out of many) The main Muslim ayat is 4:157, which continues into 158 which is used as the basis for all stories/conjectures. After extensive dialogue and study I'd be thinking that if every Ayat has 7 meanings and everyone decides on only one meaning than something is amiss. It would be shallow to ignore 6 deeper meanings. One of the key events everyone by-passes for the sake of shallow argument is "ascension". As far as Prophets go that's 3 in 124,000. The rest must have done something equally cool?