Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Ayat Tatheer (33:33)

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salaam.

A brother just asked in one of his threads:

My question is

who are ahly bait

1) prophet"s wives ( as qoran said)

2) hazrat fatima .hassan ,ali ,hussain,etc

3) both wives and hazrat fatima .hassan ,ali ,hussain,etc

Salaam.

The Qur'an does not say that wives are part of Ahlul'bayt (a.s.). What the Qur'an says is:

"O Prophet! say to your wives: If you desire this world's life and its adornment, then come, I will give you a provision and allow you to depart a goodly departing. And if you desire Allah and His Messenger and the latter abode, then surely Allah has prepared for the doers of good among you a mighty reward. O wives of the prophet! whoever of you commits an open indecency, the punishment shall be increased to her doubly; and this is easy to Allah. And whoever of you is obedient to Allah and His Messenger and does good, We will give to her her reward doubly, and We have prepared for her an honorable sustenance. O wives of the Prophet! you are not like any other of the women; If you will be on your guard, then be not soft in (your) speech, lest he in whose heart is a disease yearn; and speak a good word." (33:28-32)

If you read the Arabic, you will see that these verses are in the feminine gender usage, and are clearly directed towards the wives. The Surah continues:

"And stay in your houses and do not display your finery like the displaying of the ignorance of yore; and keep up prayer, and pay the poor-rate, and obey Allah and His Messenger. Allah only desires to keep away the uncleanness from you, O People of the House (Ahlul'bayt)! and to purify you a thorough purification." (33:33)

This is verse under discussion. The second sentence is the area of debate, and is known as Ayat Tatheer. It requires an examination using the Qur'an.

The Surah continues:

"And keep to mind what is recited in your houses of the communications of Allah and the wisdom; surely Allah is Knower of subtleties, Aware." (33:34)

If you examine the verses around Ayah Tatheer (second part of 33:33) you will find that the Qur'an is speaking strictly to the wives. The commands flow linguistically and maintain the theme even if you remove the second part of 33:33 from the verses cited above. The gender is changed from feminine to masculine for only this part of 33:33 -

ÅöäøóãóÇ íõÑöíÏõ Çááøóåõ áöíõÐúåöÈó Úóäúßõãõ ÇáÑöøÌúÓó Ãóåúáó ÇáúÈóíúÊö æóíõØóåöøÑóßõãú ÊóØúåöíÑðÇ

"Allah only desires to keep away the uncleanness from you, Ahlul'bayt, and to purify you a (thorough) purifying."

Some Sunnis will argue that this verse is direct towards the wives due to its position in this Surah, but this is impossible because the gender usage is masculine, and not feminine. The verses preceding and proceeding the second part of 33:33 are in feminine gender usage, while the second part of 33:33 has changed its usage to masculine.

Other Sunnis have argued that Rasoolullah (a.s.) is with the wives in this part of the verse. Some others, in a similar fashion, have said that Rasoolullah (a.s.), Imam Ali (a.s.), Bibi Fatima (a.s.), Imam Hasan (a.s.), Imam Hussein (a.s.), AND the wives are the people within "Ahlul'bayt" (a.s.).

The quickest and easiest Qur'anic refutation of this argument is as follows:

The first part of 33:33 and the other verses around it are in reference to solely the wives. There is no argument there. However, in the second part of 33:33, there is a change in gender (from feminine "kun" to masculine "kum"). Allah is now addressing a new set of people. Sunnis argue "but the wives are still included." This is a logical fallacy in Ahlul'sunnah method of Tafseer, because according to Ahlul'sunnah, the title "Ahlul'bayt" is all-inclusive for Rasoolullah (a.s.), Imam Ali (a.s.), Bibi Fatima (a.s.), Imam Hasan (a.s.), Imam Hussein (a.s.), AND the wives. But we see here that the Sunnis are arguing that the purification mentioned is dependent upon the wives obeying the verses around the Ayat Tatheer. Well, where are the commands for the rest of Ahlul'bayt (a.s.) to obey in order to be purified? The purification mentioned in 33:33 MUST be unconditional, because if the Sunni argument were true, than the rest of Ahlul'bayt (not only the wives) would have been given conditions to follow just like the wives. But this is not the case. It thus shows that it is a completely different context and a completely different theme.

Thus, it is proven clearly and without a shadow of a doubt that this second part of 33:33 is a parenthetical verse (i.e. a verse which is embedded within a different set of verses). It is proven through this logical deduction that the purification mentioned in Ayat Tatheer is in fact unconditional and not dependent upon any order from Allah.

Some people have said that the verse says: "Allah only desires to REMOVE from you al-rijs".

These people have done tahreef of al-Qur'an and have attributed falsehood to it in order to hide the truth about this Ayah. It is in actuality "Allah only desires to KEEP AWAY from you al-rijs." The Arabic says "ankum al-rijs", not "minkum al-rijs", and 'ankum' denotes a continual and unbroken purification.

al-Rijs means ALL IMPURITIES. It is not a specific impurity, but refers to them all. For example, missing Salaah is impure, lying is impure, cheating is impure, and basically sinning in general is an impurity. Whoever is the recipient of such a divine verse is sinless (ma'soom).

People ask: "Well, why did Allah put this Ayat Tatheer in the middle of the the verses directed towards the wives? Is this not strange?"

In short, we say that it makes the Qur'an harder to tamper with, and is Allah's divine knowledge that He is able to create a very strong book which is hard to alter. Moreover, there are other places in the Qur'an where Allah has mentioned a new theme entirely in the midst of a flowing speech, even within a single verse. For example, 5:3. These parenthetical sentences are included within the flowing speech of the sentences around them:

"This day have those who disbelieve despaired of your religion, so fear them not, and fear Me. This day have I perfected for you your religion and completed My favor on you and chosen for you Islam as a religion."

As history shows, these two sentences were revealed entirely separate from the rest of the verse (i.e. in the final year of the Prophet's (a.s.) life at Ghadeer, when Ameer al-Momineen Ali ibn Abi Talib (a.s.) was appointed for the final time as the Prophet's (a.s.) designated successor.)

- Syed Mansab Ali Jafri

Edited by mansab.jafri
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are you out of your mind? It was not addressed as a whole. Go read the history of the revelation. It is a unanimous accepted FACT that the verses of the Qur'an are not compiled in chronological orde

Illogical argument. Allah has ordered Rasoolullah (a.s.) to compile the Qur'an in this fashion. You should read some history and realize that there are certain verses which came down before others, b

Brother, I believe you are talking with your own logic and have not read much about Islamic books etc. The first revelation that the Prophet Muhammad received is in the first verses from Sura al-'alaq

(salam)

This is very well written.

However the one thing I caution on is saying that it's a whole new top because it's not changing topic.

I mean if 5:3, it's not changing topic as well, it's just the phrase itself is not dependent on what is said before and after. It's a statement that means what it says, but what is said before and after of course have relationship to the phrase and vice versa.

For example, 5:3 shows the laws, even halal and haram, all have to due with Wilayah as well. IT's due to Wilyah of Allah (swt) and his Messenger (pbuh) we take that as halal and haram, authority is all one and the same, it's due to Allah (swt) we obey.. and the surah goes on to show that authority of Allah (swt) and Mohammad (pbuh) and his twelve Naqeebs (as) encompasses all aspects, from halals and harams, to spiritual, to political... and there is no seperation because the light is to obeyed in everything... The deen encompasses everything including what is mentioned before and after... and halal and haram are accepted due to Mastership of Allah (swt).

wa salam

Edited by Link
Guest fatima2003

my brothers, i once read that there are 2 other instances in the quran that has this" two things in one ayah" i would liek to know if you all can provide me those other ayat,,,,, i am needing to show it to someone......... and i cant remember the surah and ayat speaking in this manner.......

the context of the verse clearly states that these verses are infact referring to the wives of Prophet and nobody else.

No, it's referring to Rasool (pbuh) and his family (as).

it talks about the reason why Allah wants them to stay in their houses.

It has that implied, "or do you want God and his Messenger..". If they want his Messenger (pbuh), they should leave that darkness and times of igorance and obey him... The world they would choose is nothing but Al-Rijs, and if they want his Messenger (pbuh) who is treasure box of his treasures and there is nothing compared to what he is given, then they ought to forget the world.

"..and obey His Messenger (to the wives). O you who believe God and his Angels send blessings on the Prophet.." Just as it's on topic there, how is off topic to state that God's wish towards him (pbuh) in 33:33, after all, the commands to them is due them being wives of him (pbuh) and it's all manifesting his rank and the awe that is required to him, as well as 33:33, shows his family (as) share with him in the right of the awe and respect and obedience and the wives of the Imams (as) are also warned in the same manner.

It also shows the World is in fact nothing but Al-Rijs, over here, it exposes that hell is surrounded by lusts and worldly desires, and akheera is by obedience to Messenger (pbuh) and gaining from his treasures.

'O Prophet! Tell to your wives, and daughters and Muslim women, that they should keep putting a part of their wrapping covers over their faces. This is nearer than this that if they are recognized, they should not be annoyed. And Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.'

33:59

is this what you are talking about?

Seems my memory got screwed up sorry there is no such place!

There is no blame on them in respect of their fathers, nor their brothers, nor their brothers' sons, nor their sisters' sons nor their own women, nor of what their right hands possess; and be careful of (your duty to) Allah; surely Allah is a witness of all things.[the bold is in feminine] (see the sudden change of address]

Surely Allah and His angels bless the Prophet; O you who believe! call for (Divine) blessings on him and salute him with a (becoming) salutation.

So you have in the same aya Mohammad (pbuh) being addressed and then "female plural", then next verse to those who believe.

Sorry I got confused..

And the next verse shows it's on topic to relate Taqwa with rank of Prophet (pbuh) and the command towards taqwa again right before that is plural feminine.

So why is it not odd in 33:55 that it happens? It's not odd, they are discussed but Mohammad (pbuh) is being told about them and then he turns to them and tells them to fear Allah (swt). So what's the big deal? In fact, this is part of the beautiful nature and flow of Quran.

So to do that in 33:33 (and their and Wilayah and Reality was discussed), it's not strange at all neither does it make off-topic.

Edited by Link

So why does Allah (swt) suddenly address wives? What is the relationship with them being addressed to have Taqwa and rank of Nabi (pbuh)? Wasn't the same taqwa commanded before 33:33.. wasn't all the admonishment and command and related with that, so why here they reminded and then blessing verse? Why is Mohammad (pbuh) addressed in 33:33 along with his chosen family, what is the relationship with that and 33:6.

If you ponder more about it, you will see it's integrated Awe and rights of him (pbuh) due to his position with Allah (swt) with his family (as), the Ulil-Arham in 33.6.

There is no blame on them in respect of their fathers, nor their brothers, nor their brothers' sons, nor their sisters' sons nor their own women,nor of what their right hands possess; and be careful of (your duty to) Allah; surely Allah is a witness of all things.

Surely Allah and His angels bless the Prophet; O you who believe! call for (Divine) blessings on him and salute him with a (becoming) salutation.

Mohammad (pbuh) addressed in blue.

Wives addressed in Pink.

Believers addressed in 33:56.

Did the topic ever change, did it really? Or is it all on topic and related to 33:6?

33:33 is on topic of the Surah, Ahlulbayt (as) being turned to, is not strange, it happens through out the Surah, Allah (swt) changing people he addresses, for example all of a sudden says "O Prophet.."..

Edited by Link
  • Advanced Member

Salaam.

Shukrun, brother Link.

Hmmm, I understand what you are saying. My understanding was that when Allah does this parenthetical inclusion, it is changing topic, but true, I agree with you that the topics are all the same, for it is clear that Allah revealed each Surah with a particular theme in mind, and so naturally, the verses must flow together... Good point, brother, I never thought of it like that. :)

Would you say it is accurate to say: it is changing reference but the theme remains the same? Because in your point of view, the Surah is maintaining its coherence, but am I wrong to say that the context is now changing?

- Mansab

Edited by mansab.jafri

033.028 O Prophet! say to your wives: If you desire this world's life and its adornment, then come, I will give you a provision and allow you to depart a goodly departing

Nabi (pbuh) being addressed right?

And if you desire Allah and His Messenger and the latter abode, then surely Allah has prepared for the doers of good among you a mighty reward.

O wives of the prophet! whoever of you commits an open indecency, the punishment shall be increased to her doubly; and this IS easy to Allah.

And whoever of you is obedient to Allah and His Messenger and does good, We will give to her her reward doubly, and We have prepared for her an honorable sustenance.

O wives of the Prophet! you are not like any other of the women; If you will be on your guard, then be not soft in (your) speech, lest he in whose heart is a disease yearn; and speak a good word.

And stay in your houses and do not display your finery like the displaying of the ignorance of yore; and keep up prayer, and pay the poor-rate, and obey Allah and His Messenger. Allah only desires to keep away the uncleanness from you, O people of the House! and to purify you a (thorough) purifying.

So addresses Mohammad (pbuh) again in last line of 33:33 along with his family, how is off-topic?

Isn't before discussing their duty due to being wives of Mohammad (pbuh), isn't it really about him, isn't wanting God and his Messenger about his reality, and "obey God and his Messenger" about his Wilayah, again so mentioning those who share with him in that right and position and authority, in mist of that, what's off-topic, what's not to do with 33:6. After they are the Ulil-Arham in 33:6, who too have more right over the believers then themselves.

• Advanced Member

Very true.

The only objection I can think of is that it can be argued that the purification therein is not unconditional then, for at least the Prophet (a.s.)......

EDIT: It seems I now understand what you're saying, bro Link... interesting.

- Mansab

Edited by mansab.jafri
  • Advanced Member
(salam)

This is very well written.

However the one thing I caution on is saying that it's a whole new top because it's not changing topic.

I mean if 5:3, it's not changing topic as well, it's just the phrase itself is not dependent on what is said before and after. It's a statement that means what it says, but what is said before and after of course have relationship to the phrase and vice versa.

For example, 5:3 shows the laws, even halal and haram, all have to due with Wilayah as well. IT's due to Wilyah of Allah (swt) and his Messenger (pbuh) we take that as halal and haram, authority is all one and the same, it's due to Allah (swt) we obey.. and the surah goes on to show that authority of Allah (swt) and Mohammad (pbuh) and his twelve Naqeebs (as) encompasses all aspects, from halals and harams, to spiritual, to political... and there is no seperation because the light is to obeyed in everything... The deen encompasses everything including what is mentioned before and after... and halal and haram are accepted due to Mastership of Allah (swt).

wa salam

For 5:3, if this were the case, wouldn't Allah have put a verse which was dependant of "day"? Allah says: "This DAY", so wouldn't it have been more logical to place a verse like 5:55 in the middle of 5:3, which shows timelessly the aspect of Wilayah?

- Mansab

Would you say it is accurate to say: it is changing reference but the theme remains the same? Because in your point of view, the Surah is maintaining its coherence, but am I wrong to say that the context is now changing?

Salam bro

If you mean context in who is being addressed then yes.

But it been about the right in 33:6, everything, I mean even the mention of fighting and believers and not running away, all has to do with it.

Also, it's related to what is said before and after, you get the Thaqalain message as well as it relates to what world is and what akheera is, in other words, this is one of the places where the truth of the akheera and world are shown, and the darkness and dirtiness is the world. There is hadiths about Akheera and shows wha tis with Allah (swt) is what we get in Akheera. Therefore the good deeds that are from the light, they form treasures in our souls, here Ahlulbayt (as) are shown to not being kept away from anything but Al-Rijs, and hence it diminishes love of the world and makes one hate it, because if you pay attention with your heart, Ahlulbayt (as) are the Treasures and not wanting them and preferring world is preferring nothing but [Edited Out] over pure GOLD.

When you understand this, and you do Salat, and you remember Mohammad (pbuh) and think of his name, and how it related to what you said before "By the name of God..all praise belongs to God.." You begin to love and crave the good deeds, you understand where you should go to and what you should leave behind. In other words, doing good deed becomes easy. You also know the goodness of loving Ahlulbayt (as) by that being linked to loving God and hence, you as Suratal Ahzab commands, bless Mohammad (pbuh) and his family (as), and also hope by that love, darkness is overwhelmed by light and perhaps through that, you can interceded by their light and Guidance and being helped and guided to the place you hope for.

There is billion darknessess to choose from, because there is endless ways of deviating from the light, but there is only light.. If you want to stay in your house then do so, but if you want to travel to God and his Messenger (pbuh) then keep in mind that is the TRUE WEALTH.

Everything becomes easy and Quran is also all about the inward of Salat and in fact it has Salat explained but it's only the Awliya who understand it all from there. I suggest you read Adab as-Salat over and over again, and you will begin to see what Salat is, and how it's a taweel of Quran.

This will also strengthen your political views as well and you will understand politics today through Quran in a way you haven't thought of before.

wa salam

• Advanced Member

Salaam.

Yeah, that's what I mean. I've always thought that the Surahs maintain a particular theme which all verses flow towards... but their style and contexts can be different.

I guess I have no problem whatsoever in saying that the parenthetical verses are not independent of the rest of the verses around them... interesting, bro, I have not thought of it that way except on a superficial level... you have shown me a new angle and approach, Shukrun, may Allah bless you.

- Mansab

Salaam.

Yeah, that's what I mean. I've always thought that the Surahs maintain a particular theme which all verses flow towards... but their style and contexts can be different.

I guess I have no problem whatsoever in saying that the parenthetical verses are not independent of the rest of the verses around them... interesting, bro, I have not thought of it that way except on a superficial level... you have shown me a new angle and approach, Shukrun, may Allah bless you.

- Mansab

Salaam bro

Just read Ibn Arabi (qas) books and Khomeini (qas) books, this is all I've really done.. and it's made me see Quran in ways I would not have seen, especially if not having read Tafsir Ibn Arabi (qas), which although very brief, was a very good eye opener to me.

We all need help to see Quran, hadiths help, Irfan and Sufi books help and help see hadiths properly as well, and pondering helps too, and also knowing there is much we will never notice and know the link and reasons why it's placed like that, unless shown.

Here is a hadith that will help :D

We are the near ones, companions, treasure holders and doors . Houses are not entered save through their doors. Whoever enters them from other than the door is called a thief. The delicacies of the Qur'an are about them and they are the treasurers of Allah.

Imam Ali [as], Sermon 153, Nahjul Balagha

These days, I'm trying to complete al-Mizan fi Tafseer al-Qur'an.

But bro I'm definitely going to check out Tafseer ibn Arabi afterwards. I am deeply interested now.

- Mansab

Salam

Tafsir Al-Mizan is excellent and probably the best tafsir out there but remember Tatabatabai (qas) said it was for the lay people and wanted to be for everyone but he didn't show most of what he knew.

He wanted to opens doors of thinking and help see how clearly Imama is in there, he didn't go into it with the assumption the basics of Marifa were alreadly accepted, rather he was trying to get people open up to the basics and he has helped a lot. He also opened up for me the most, another way of reading hadiths. the way he brings hadiths and talks about them, to me this is what of the most important things to learn from him.

But he himself doesn't want any to stick at what he showed only nor is it his level of knowledge.

Tatabatabai (qas) is indeed one of the greatest scholars and he's opened a lot for me as well, May God sanctify his soul.

Remember Imam Jaffar (as) said:

The key to ignorance is being satisfied with the knowledge one possesses, and placing all one's trust in it. The key to knowledge is the desire to exchange one level of knowledge for a higher level, together with divine grace and guidance.

So Tatabatabai (qas), his tafsir is truly amazing, but there is much higher levels of way of reading and relating and paying attention to, which he had of course. So we have to climb the steps of knowledge, Tatabatabi (qas) has helped extend us knowledge, but he doesn't want people to stay there.

Shaykh al-Akbar ibn al-'Arabi al-Mursi radyAllahu 'anhu says in the blessed Futuhat al-Makiyya, in one of the early chapters, and there are hundreds,

"Know once and for all that there is not in the entire Umma of Muhammad anyone who is better than Abu Bakr except `Isa (as)."

Shaykh al-Akbar ibn al-'Arabi

Odd I read in Futuhatal Makeeya that Ali (as) is the closest of all creation to Mohammad (pbuh) where he talks about Mohammad (pbuh) being created first.

And in tafsir ibn Arabi (qas), mentions Ali (as) with Mohammad (pbuh) before and they are who taught the Angels

And said Imam Mahdi (as) is the son of Hassan Al-Askari (as), but I thinking you there is one stamped version that contradicts all the others right :P

So of course, all the ones out there were fabricated by shia, but the one they find later with this his seal then is the right one, cause it's signed it means it's the real one cause you everyone knows his signature. :lol:

Let me repeat, Shaykh al-Akbar ibn al-'Arabi al-Andalusi radyAllahu 'anhu says in Chapter 93, if one was wondering

"Know once and for all that there is not in the entire Umma of Muhammad anyone who is better than Abu Bakr except `Isa :as:"

amaizing!

Edited by Sijistani

Amazing how you guys don't understand anything he said regarding your conjecturing scholars in Futuhatal Makeeya which you guys still stick to as holy and all while he showed the ignorance of all of them :lol:

This is what I've read in it:

"and the closest to him out of creation is Ali ibn Abi Talib.."

So how can Abu Baker be better then 2nd best of creation of all mankind?

Either he was mistaken there or mistaken the other place or maybe neither :P

Anyways, www.altafsir.com has his tafsir, anyone can go read it there if they want...

Just expect there to find hadiths about Mohammad (pbuh) and Ali (as) being two lights before creation and Ali (as) not anyone else, being called Amiral Momineen (as) for 5:55 says Ameeral Momineen" (no one but a shia knows Ali (as) as "Ameeral Momineen", sunnis see Umar for example as Ameeral Momineen as well, and hence simply saying Ameeral Momineen is not sufficient to know it's Ali (as) but for 5:55, he says "like Ameer Al-Momineen (alayhis salam) it was brought down regarding his right/truth".

Sunnis know Ali (as) as Ameeral Momineen, only shias refer to him as that, I got to admit he was really smart on how he went about this, pure genius.

Anyways, this conversation is off-topic. Topic is about 33:33.

Any response to this:

But we see here that the Sunnis are arguing that the purification mentioned is dependent upon the wives obeying the verses around the Ayat Tatheer. Well, where are the commands for the rest of Ahlul'bayt (a.s.) to obey in order to be purified? The purification mentioned in 33:33 MUST be unconditional, because if the Sunni argument were true, than the rest of Ahlul'bayt (not only the wives) would have been given conditions to follow just like the wives. But this is not the case.
Thus, it is proven clearly and without a shadow of a doubt that this second part of 33:33 is a parenthetical verse (i.e. a verse which is embedded within a different set of verses).

Or is there agreement?

Edited by Link
  • Advanced Member

only reason the wifes are not in ahlulbayt is because, if there is a divorce between man and wife they r no longer part of the family.

so there is always that part that will/might be broken,

but ur son/daughter is the link no one can break,

but ofcorz on the other hand we see Salman (as) as part of Ahlulbayt. because Prophet Proclaimed it.

There is no blame on them in respect of their fathers, nor their brothers, nor their brothers' sons, nor their sisters' sons nor their own women, nor of what their right hands possess; and be careful of (your duty to) Allah; surely Allah is a witness of all things.[the bold is in feminine] (see the sudden change of address]

hmm i see no sudden change in address.

hmm i see no sudden change in address.

The same reason why a lot of people don't see 33:33 a change, because in English there is no female or male change in the sentence, but in Arabic, it's clear.

áøóÇ ÌõäóÇÍó Úóáóíúåöäøó Ýöí ÂÈóÇÆöåöäøó æóáóÇ ÃóÈúäóÇÆöåöäøó æóáóÇ ÅöÎúæóÇäöåöäøó æóáóÇ ÃóÈúäóÇÁ ÅöÎúæóÇäöåöäøó æóáóÇ ÃóÈúäóÇÁ ÃóÎóæóÇÊöåöäøó æóáóÇ äöÓóÇÆöåöäøó æóáóÇ ãóÇ ãóáóßóÊú ÃóíúãóÇäõåõäøó æóÇÊøóÞöíäó Çááøóåó Åöäøó Çááøóåó ßóÇäó Úóáóì ßõáøö ÔóíúÁò ÔóåöíÏðÇ {55

æóÇÊøóÞöíäó Çááøóåó

is female, while before that it was talking about them to Mohammad (pbuh).

those verses are not the allegorical ones they are clear

"3.7": He it is Who has revealed the Book to you; some of its verses are decisive, they are the basis of the Book,

for all to understand and the context in them is overwhelmingly in favor of prophet's wives being called ahlul bayt which simply means part members of the house of prophet, nothing significant unless

and others are allegorical; then as for those in whose hearts there is perversity they follow the part of it which is allegorical, seeking to mislead and seeking to give it (their own) interpretation. but none knows its interpretation except Allah, and those who are firmly rooted in knowledge say: We believe in it, it is all from our Lord; and none do mind except those having understanding.
  • Advanced Member

Incorrect, brother. If Sunni and Shi'i are debating over it for centuries, it is not a clear-cut answer. It requires a tafseer using the decisive verses to put it into perspective.

for all to understand and the context in them is overwhelmingly in favor of prophet's wives being called ahlul bayt which simply means part members of the house of prophet, nothing significant unless

Brother, you have not read my first post, have you? Read and ponder on it.

Do you read Arabic, bro? Do you know what the difference between 'kun' and 'kum' is?

Also, where is Usman Abbas, he is trying to run rampant in other threads causing some strange Fitnah, why doesn't he come for a logical discussion?

- Mansab

Edited by mansab.jafri

The word Àhlulbayt is not unclear, it`s been shown to be chosen ones in the Quran, if you read suratal hud and suratal auli-imran, and so many other places abotu chosen family, then how can *the family* be unclear? how can people of that not be seen as chosen ones?

It is not unclear, it`is clear...

for all to understand and the context in them is overwhelmingly in favor of prophet's wives

OK, you can think that.. but if your wrong it might lead to hell and disbelief.

nothing significant unless

Allah (swt) dictated verses and verses about chosen family so that when people read `*the house*, they suppose think it`s not significant and is unrelated to guidance, and it is just historical analysis of the past.. and so on??

The family of Guidance are all chosen people, and Quran is not unclear in that...

al-Bayt clearly means that in Quran, just go back read surah 3 and surah 11, and you get proper meaning of surah 33.