Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
SyedZ1

How To Dispose Of Literature Containing Names Of Allah And Ahlulbayt (

Rate this topic

Salaam,

Sorry if this topic has been bought up before but how should one go about disposing of literature containing the names of Allah and Ahlulbayt (a.s)?

I have lots of leaflets, newsletters etc that I have read and have no use for them now.

Salaam,

Sorry if this topic has been bought up before but how should one go about disposing of literature containing the names of Allah and Ahlulbayt (a.s)?

I have lots of leaflets, newsletters etc that I have read and have no use for them now.

I usually dispose of such literature at my local recycling center.

I usually dispose of such literature at my local recycling center.

Alaikum salaam

yes this is a real problem as I understood we were not supposed to just throw away with normal rubbish. I have been taught that you can either place in water until the ink fades or burn the pages. But sometimes with larger things this is a problem I know.

I recently had an issue because when I was younger someone gave me a Quran - I just kept this on top of my bookshelf because I since received other Qurans that I preferred (they had Farsi and English translations). Then very recently reading a report on Ahmadiyyahs and an address of one of their mosques I realised that those who gave me the Quran were Ahmadiyyah and it was in fact an Ahmadiyyah translation of the Quran. I presume the Arabic was still correct though. I didn't want this version in the house - in case my children tried to read the English part of it and are mis-informed but knew I couldn't throw it away. It also seemed wrong to burn a Quran!!! Luckily (for this case!) the Ahmadiyya mosque still exists in London so I posted it back to them! It was worth the cost of the postage.

But sometimes you are given things like this that you do not want, but they may have an Ayat or names of Allah and it is a problem. Also you can't just give it to anywhere like a charity shop because it may fall into the hands of those who disrespect the words and place somewhere najes.

I would welcome a discussion on this issue. Thanks for posting this.

Allah hafez

Fatimeh

Also you can't just give it to anywhere like a charity shop because it may fall into the hands of those who disrespect the words and place somewhere najes.

I don't think we would be accountable for how literature is handled once we're no longer responsible for it, although I could be mistaken.

..i dont know ,burning the name of Allah swt is an impossible thing for me to do,how can i?

salaam

yes when I was told this I also was unable to do it - so I either still have the things I wanted to dispose of or I have put them under running water.

For example I have done some Arabic courses and we were given Ayat from the Quran to practice. I now have 2 or 3 copies of the same sheet and need to de-clutter my files/study. I will probably was under running water then throw away the remaining mushy paper! Burning seems hard to do.

I would like to know that this is correct though.

Allah hafez

Fatimeh