Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Guest fatima2003

New Shia Muslimah

Rate this topic

Guest fatima2003

assalaamu al3ikom wara7matullah

i have good news...... one of the women here who is sunni..... she is 39 years old, divorced cause of islam, 2 kids, she used to be a christian, she is white lady...lol... blonde the whole bit....she converted to islam a 4 year ago.... became sunni.,..... i have been speaking to her.about all this and i show her why ect...and she is want to be shi'i... she say she believe in shi'ite islam and want to be shi'i......... ma sha'Allah......

but really i dont know what to do with her now....lol can anyone help me?

I am not a teacher for new shia i dont think but i am in the position where i have to be..... and i really dont know how to do this and i feel alone....... now that i have convinced her that shi'ite islam is correct and true, how do i show her how to be a shi'i? we do not live near any masajid and we are the only shi'a here....... what do i do now?????

Ya Ali Madad

Guest fatima2003

motivation...hhmmm i was just told her that i did and she ask me why and she have alllll these questions and i answered them and show to her in the quran and show to her in the ahadeeth at the masjid here and talked to her and she tell me she decide it is right and wish to be shia......she has been talking to me for a couple months now......

ok.... ill look online for the book......

Ya Ali Madad

Edited by fatima2003

First the practical parts, that is, show her how to do salat and wudhu the Shi`i way.

Beyond that, study the lives of the Imams, read their teachings. You also are a convert to the path of the Imams (as), al-hamdu lillah, so study together.

Guest fatima2003

and this is what scares me what if i show her somehting wrong or do the worng thing.....

wallahi im not qualified!!!!!!!!!

refer to al-islam.org they have almost everything with references

but motivation is key without it everything else is useless so dont underestimate it

here is the book , the best book on Ali by a shia author , not so much as in historical detail but in understanding the essence of the personality of Ali and what made him special , no it wasnt just relation with prophet or the fact that he was born in kaabah or banu hashim it was much much more

http://www.al-islam.org/polarization/

Edited by Panzerwaffe

If she has got an internet access, it would be wonderful to have discussions with her if she sign up for shiachat, and i know we have very good people here like Mansab Jafri. He is very well educated and even to some degree i can teach her some basics.

Just ask to spare 2 hours or so per day and start a thread there in General Discussion and people could give their suggestions and references to motivate her and teach her.!

what you suggest?

PS: and good job always keep an eye on all the ladies in your town ya akht :D

If she has got an internet access, it would be wonderful to have discussions with her if she sign up for shiachat, and i know we have very good people here like Mansab Jafri. He is very well educated and even to some degree i can teach her some basics.

Just ask to spare 2 hours or so per day and start a thread there in General Discussion and people could give their suggestions and references to motivate her and teach her.!

what you suggest?

PS: and good job always keep an eye on all the ladies in your town :D

^^ Mashallah... sister i advise you not let her join SC or she will become psycho :D or you got to prepare her mind to face us hehehe lolz ::P

Edited by Jaf

salam

it's hard to know what to say online since you have to see the situation in person.

however, given that she is 39 years old, i think that does change your responsibility somewhat. (i am assuming you are younger than 39) for starters, as we age, we develop a strong sense of dignity and do not always take to being "instructed" by someone younger due to the fact that they lack the life wisdom of age (even if they know something we do not). it's hard to respect that while at the same time offering guidance. it's a bit like trying to guide your own parents or an aunt or uncle.

i would imagine that her own "life needs" at that stage of life are paramount. as a divorcee and single mother, she is facing the possibility of going into old age alone and exhausting herself with the responsibility of caring for her children. it would be ideal if it would be easy for her to marry within the community, but, the fact is, at that age, it is hard to remarry unless you have some amazing characteristic that overrides age. still, i would imagine that that would be something that would be on her mind (unless she is already involved with someone). if there is anything you could do to facilitate that and she is interested, i'm sure she wouldn'tmind... you could always introduce her to shiamatch.com.

other than that... your main responsibility is to offer sincere advice and guidance if she requests it (directly or indirectly). you do not really have the obligation to be her "teacher" although whatever you can offer her is a gift as long as it is delivered with humility. if you get along well and can be a sincere friend, that would be a wonderful thing. however, you should "keep it real" and if you aren't genuinely interested in friendship, it's better not to "fake it".

you are the only shi'a there? that must be tough... there must be some shi'a group SOMEWHERE where you are... try to let her know about whatever is closest even if it is a little far... you can't really practice a religion all on your own; there is a social component too, particularly for someone who has never had access to any aspect of real-life shi'a culture

if you can introduce her to some religious leaders (ulama) who speak her language she might be able to ask them any questions or maybe they could help her address some concerns

at least you have company now ;)

btw true blondes are quite rare... unless it's hair dye lol

i have good news...... one of the women here who is sunni..... she is 39 years old, divorced cause of islam, 2 kids, she used to be a christian, she is white lady...lol... blonde the whole bit....she converted to islam a 4 year ago.... became sunni.,..... i have been speaking to her.about all this and i show her why ect...and she is want to be shi'i... she say she believe in shi'ite islam and want to be shi'i......... ma sha'Allah......

I am not a teacher for new shia i dont think but i am in the position where i have to be..... and i really dont know how to do this and i feel alone....... now that i have convinced her that shi'ite islam is correct and true, how do i show her how to be a shi'i? we do not live near any masajid and we are the only shi'a here....... what do i do now?????

Ya Ali Madad

Edited by BintAlHoda

Guest fatima2003

thank bint al-hoda... this is wonderful advice..... i appreciate it very much.... yeah the shia masjid is a 2 hour drive one way..... closest one........ so it does make it hard......

her children are older, her daughter is 17 and her son is 23... i guess she got married she told me when she was only 15 year........

I dont know what exceptional attributres she has she is just a regualr perosn i think...... but i know she wants to marry again... she told me this once......

hhmmm.... as for the men here, my brothers.....lol.... you too are too much.... you make me laugh soooo hard.....

Ya Ali Madad

Put your friend in online contact with SpIzo.

Bismillah-ar-Rahman-ar-Raheem,

Aoa,

You could give her this link: www.ConvertsToIslam.com , Zaynab who runs this site is a Convert of 14 years and may be a good person to help this lady.

Was Salaamu Alaikum

Pseudonym

yeah ill tell her about SC.... maybe this is a good thing..... it would make me feel better anyway.....

anmd btw... your PS was a little different.. the implications of it are pretty big.....lol.... not searching for oportunities for mutah for you jaf.......lol

Ya Ali Madad

Why not? This may be the best way to experience Shi'ism. There are a lot of eligible young mullahs and others around to teach her many things.

Guest fatima2003

you are a 100% full fledged one of us.... but they do not allow you to vote on the polls or go into the chat room or send private messages until you have at least 50 posts to your name here on the forum.... this is to weed out all the peopel who are here to only make us a trouble and not to be part of our family......some peopel they get banned before they can reach 50 posts because they are bad people........

post-45373-1209423333.gif

ohhh welcome to SC,,,, hope you enjoy it here and have a great time and learn a lot.... also feel free to post topics and ask quesiotns and join the crowd....... before you know it you will have reached 50+ posts.... time go real fast here......

post-45373-1209423345.gif

Ya Ali Madad

Edited by fatima2003

Ya Ali Madad

Please sister refrain from describing her looks especially if she is a hijabi. Look at the effect. She is not a piece of meat, and jokes of this kind are not Islamic ettiquette. Sorry to be harsh.

Guest fatima2003

you are right sister.......

she is just different to me because she is american and a muslim this was all my point origionally was and i htink maybe another american eprson may understand how i can to help her.... was not expecting the guys.... wasnt thinking.... i will be more careful..... insha'Allah in the future....

barakallah feek

Ya Ali Madad

Direct her to the (shia) revert muslims website, where she can meet others like herself, it will serve to encourage....

and this is what scares me what if i show her somehting wrong or do the worng thing.....

wallahi im not qualified!!!!!!!!!

Salams,

If you have a good relationship with her, then you are the best one to be her teacher.

You don't really know if you 'know' something, unless you can teach it to someone else.

Teaching is the best kind of learning. If you need a particular fact, you might not know it

off the top of your head, but you probably know where to look it up or who to talk to and find out

Noone knows everything (not even me, :lol: ).

She is probaly more scared than you are. Keep the relationship good and don't be afraid to say

"I don't know, I'll have to find out for you".

Well,,, she was sunni... and cz of devorce she become shiat aal albayt??? what a great news man!!! yupie she is devorced,... ok its good that she become shiat aal albayt but not becuse of devorce... so hasbunallah on this... anyway tell her to be ggod shia she should go husaineyyas at late nights and find some shia guy , i prefer if he is younger than her... and then maybe they can buy fishes... and turtles... and all together she the guy fishes, turtles can make la3en to omar and abu baker... then she will go jannah by direct ticket.. like WIZZ lines lol... cheers guys!

you can't really practice a religion all on your own; there is a social component too.....

You said it! Couldn't say it better.I have tried to explain this for my mom but i don't feel she understand.She is not muslim and doesn't understand how hard it is and how hard it is to find a spouse here in Norway.She doesn't know how the shia environment is. :( That the men there doesn't wanna marry a single mom with 3 kids...But I NOW how the men think.I don't know how they are in USA but here in Nrway they are bit racist to convert women.Even they see that there are converts who need a husbnd they prefer to get one woman direct from homecountry and risk to pay a lot of money and have to wait long time for family reunion. Converts don't ask for much mahr either.It is more difficult also for converts to practice islam all alone than it is forone who is raised as muslim by muslim parents cause they have it from mothers milk.They learn f.ex about ashura from they are very small. As a convert it is difficult for me to teach my youngest daughter about this.I am almost never in hussainia anymore since I don't feel welcomed there....

Shia revert website???? Address please!! :D :D :D I want to get to know other shia reverts out there in the big world.Here in Norway there are so FEW!!!!! :( Almost only sunnis. They have a good sisterhood since they are so many.I only know about 4 or 5 shia converts who use hijab but i don't have so much contact with them.

Edited by ummleyla

Shia revert website???? Address please!! :D :D :D I want to get to know other shia reverts out there in the big world.Here in Norway there are so FEW!!!!! :( Almost only sunnis. They have a good sisterhood since they are so many.I only know about 4 or 5 shia converts who use hijab but i don't have so much contact with them.

Google the Revert Muslim Association - that is one place we shia reverts may 'hang out'. You're welcome too, of course.

Also, shiasisters.net is not for reverts only but it is really nice forums.

al-islam.org is a good place for her to find books to read for information.

I also moderate some yahoogroups for shia reverts but they're not that active - if she's interested, let me know.

You can also have her e-mail or write me personally; if you want that you can insha'Allah pm me for address.