Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Tylenol...

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

Just recently, my friends and I were talking about face creams, lotions, and so on (the girl stuff ;P). Throughout our conversation one of my friends mentioned how she uses tylenol to heal her pimples! I was shocked and to be honest, I am still sketchy about her idea. She said just before she goes to bed she applies it on her pimples (crushed tylenol) and it heals rapidly but not immediately. So I was wondering if any of the sisters (or perhaps brtohers lol) have heard, or tried this before or have the urge to??

Waiting for your responses=]

Wassalam~

• Advanced Member
(bismillah)

(salam)

Just recently, my friends and I were talking about face creams, lotions, and so on (the girl stuff ;P). Throughout our conversation one of my friends mentioned how she uses tylenol to heal her pimples! I was shocked and to be honest, I am still sketchy about her idea. She said just before she goes to bed she applies it on her pimples (crushed tylenol) and it heals rapidly but not immediately. So I was wondering if any of the sisters (or perhaps brtohers lol) have heard, or tried this before or have the urge to??

Waiting for your responses=]

Wassalam~

honestly, i have never heard anything like that before.... it may not even be healthy for your friend!

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

honestly, i have never heard anything like that before.... it may not even be healthy for your friend!
I don't think its safe..

it could have effect later on..

^^I know and that's the thing..I decided to post on ShiaChat to see what people think of this idea. My friend isn't the most reliable source out there, and using tylenol for pimples may just be something she picked up from back home in China.

I don't know..but I am personally not willing to try it :unsure:

Wassalam~

i don't know about tylenol itself, but some people try to use aspirin to heal pimples since it is an anti-inflammatory, and pimples are caused by bacteria+inflammation. i don't really think it works but it might work for some. no clue about safety issues :)

(salam)

Can’t say anything about the side effects ... But I wouldn't ever try its myself.

I think ur friend or anyone else who has acne should visit a dermatologist, because acne can happen due to a variety of physiological reasons. For example hormonal imbalance during puberty stage and it can happen due to dietary imbalance too.

Keep washing face regularly and keep the skin clean. And please don't use towels to wipe ur face, it worsen acne, instead use tissue papers or disposable handkerchiefs.

• Advanced Member

salaam alaikum

Never heard of this and would not try either. I always used Ivory soap to wash my face , used aloe vera to moisturize and put neosporin on any pimples that popped up. That and try not to touch your face with yours hands alot because of the oil and dirt on them.

wa salaam

• Advanced Member

(salam)

using tylenol won't help at all coz unlike aspirin and NSAIDs, tylenol (which contains acetaminophen) is not particularly effective against pain from inflammatory disorders, since it doesn't reduce the underlying inflammation.

It is imp. to avoid excessive amounts of tylenol (acetaminophen) as this may cause damage to the liver or kidneys.

Aspirin can help as it contains salicylic acid which is the common ingredient in most anti-acne preparations.

Your friend should visit a dermatologist and stop self-medicating herself with unproven therapies. I knew of a guy who casually applied steroid drops (prescribed for some other condition) to his acne and that exacerbated his condition so much that he had to get admitted in the hospital with his constant burning sensation over his entire face. In short, pls visit ur doc!

• Advanced Member
(salam)

using tylenol won't help at all coz unlike aspirin and NSAIDs, tylenol (which contains acetaminophen) is not particularly effective against pain from inflammatory disorders, since it doesn't reduce the underlying inflammation.

It is imp. to avoid excessive amounts of tylenol (acetaminophen) as this may cause damage to the liver or kidneys.

Aspirin can help as it contains salicylic acid which is the common ingredient in most anti-acne preparations.

Your friend should visit a dermatologist and stop self-medicating herself with unproven therapies. I knew of a guy who casually applied steroid drops (prescribed for some other condition) to his acne and that exacerbated his condition so much that he had to get admitted in the hospital with his constant burning sensation over his entire face. In short, pls visit ur doc!

absolutely true^^^^

i've seen a few people with acetominophen toxicity....not a pretty sight!

get to a doc!

• Veteran Member
(salam)

(wasalam)

I was told by a friend that works at the hospital emergency. that Tylenol overdose is the second leading cause for the need of liver transplants. It is odd because there is so much of it in the pharmacy - you would have thought it was relatively harmless.

As for spots - I have never used it - but I have friends that use toothpaste.. :blink:

Edited by Maryaam