Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
A follower

Al-nebras Movie: Imam Ali (a)

Rate this topic

(bismillah)

(salam)

Al-Nebras Movie: Imam Ali (a)

al-nebras.jpg

Al-Nebras is a scintillating film that captures the distinguished life of Imam Ali (a). The film focuses on the eminent role of Imam Ali (a) during the lifetime of the Holy Prophet (s). It presents various dimensions of his matchless personality under the shadow of the best of creation, the Holy Prophet (s). The film artistically recreates striking scenes from the famous earliest battles of Islam to the plains of Ghadeer, where the religion of Islam was perfected with the appointment of Imam Ali (a) as the successor to the Holy Prophet (s). Al-Nebras covers some of the innumerable qualities found in the personality of Imam Ali (a) and comprehensively underlines his central position in the Islamic Message.

AIM TV: Al-Nebras Movie: Imam Ali (a)

I love this one! Really interesting and its always better to watch things to get a better understanding! hopefully eng. subs can be added so that everyone can enjoy it Insh.

:)

Yeah

(salam)

Because my Arabic vocabulary is less than proficient (more like that of a toddler learning his/her first sentences ^_^ ), I can't fully appreciate the movie. However, thank you very much for the link; I was able to find an extended clip of the Khaybar scene, and I enjoyed it very much.

EDIT: Is there a torrent available for the full version? :D

There is another movie about Imam Ali (as). Its actually an Iranian TV serial collected on 4 DVDs and ~28 hours long.

Its called "Shaheed-e-Kufah". I think its most probably available in English dubbing too.

It covers a period of history (very detailed) from the end (and causes of the end) of the rule of Uthman, the third king, then through the Caliphate of Ali (as), civil wars, and then all the way to the end of it.

Someone had put it up for download in the past but I cant find a free download link right now.

salam 3likom,

i dislike the way they "treated" rasulAllah(pbuh&hf) in this movie. The one who "act"..like rasulAllah(pbuh&hf) doesnt even deserve to be the dust of rasulAllah(pbuh&hf) and then how can they made his back as the back rasulAllah(pbuh&hf),his hand as the hand of rasulAllah(pbuh&hf) and lil bit hair he showed as the hair of rasulAllah(pbuh&hf)..

Imam Ali (as)..said: I'm the slave of the slave of Muhammad(pbuh&hf)..

Even the film The Message shows full respect towards RasulAllah(pbuh&hf) when they made the film..even the voice of RasulAllah(pbuh&hf) could not be imitated.!

Even the animation of film about RasulAllah(pbuh&hf) story also show full respect towards RasulAllah(pbuh&hf)

pls ban the part which is showing that "chosen" person to act as RasulAllah(pbuh&hf)..

such a shame if this is coming from the one who called shia,the lovers of ahl bayt(as) which is saying they love ahl bayt(as) but disgrace the status of RasulAllah(pbuh&hf) in this film...shia should show MORE respect than the others towards RASULALLAH(pbuh&hf)..

HE IS RASULALLAH(pbuh&hf) & HABIBALLAH....

Enough of what happened in nowadays situation where the KUFR insulted our beloved rasulAllah(pbuh&hf)...

I'm sorry if anyone doesnt like these words of mine...but even the dust from RasulAllah(pbuh&hf) we dont deserve to imitate..

i suggest they should ban the part which had showed the form of RasulAllah(pbuh&hf)..

I'm sure the film makers always consult a group of scholars or Islamic institution for directions on this matter. But I do agree with you to some extent.

However, please think of the masses who are being fed satan morning noon and night via television, cable, video disks. Illiterate people who can't even read. You have no idea how they feel when they experience works such as these. There are so many people who love the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) among those people too.

Knowing the massive amounts of awareness such works bring to them when they view it, I feel the impact is justified and well worth it. Can you think of a better utilization of television and digital video disks?

Even a child today knows and understands that movies are made by ordinary people called "actors".

But at the same time, I think that perhaps the features and voice of most prominent and sacred figures of our religion should be respected in a way that an actor may not get associated with that figure in the mind of a viewer.

I'm sure the film makers always consult a group of scholars or Islamic institution for directions on this matter. But I do agree with you to some extent.

However, please think of the masses who are being fed satan morning noon and night via television, cable, video disks. Illiterate people who can't even read. You have no idea how they feel when they experience works such as these. There are so many people who love the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) among those people too.

Knowing the massive amounts of awareness such works bring to them when they view it, I feel the impact is justified and well worth it. Can you think of a better utilization of television and digital video disks?

Even a child today knows and understands that movies are made by ordinary people called "actors".

But at the same time, I think that perhaps the features and voice of most prominent and sacred figures of our religion should be respected in a way that an actor may not get associated with that figure in the mind of a viewer.

salam 3likom,

dearly brother thank u for replying however..

i follow the scholars who teach the way of high respect towards the highest personality..and i'm satisfied with the scholars who does not even like the face of the imams(as) to be portrayed in a drawing term.

i think u've watched the film musalsal Imam Ali(as)..they directed the film even better..they even conducted it with sensitivity..regarding our sunni brethren where even the face of Othman they didnt show it in the movie..

people should recognize RasulAllah(pbuh&hf) through heart and to make such film about the greatest personality is good but do not imitate their way through an actor as we are not even a dust compare to them..if Imam Ali(as) said he is the slave of a slave of RasulAllah (pbuh&hf)..what about us..as even we cant be compared to Imam Khomeini(ra)?

have u watched the video of Imam Khomeini(ra) where he cant even speak about Imam Ali(as)'s character? he have no words to portray the greatness of Imam Ali(as) then how can those people made such film and made an actor to become RasulAllah(pbuh).?

try to imagine yourself as that actor which ur part is the part to be called as RasulAllah(pbuh&hf), even it is not real but YOU, are RasulAllah(pbuh&hf)???? i think if I was that actor i will vomit out at myself and cry to death!I'm sinful!

Am not asking to ban this film but ban the part which had showed the form of RasulAllah(pbuh&hf).

Another film is the film Ghareeb e- toos.perfectly good!

Seeing that film makes people to disrespect RasulAllah(pbuh&hf) as that ordinary muslem made RasulAllah(pbuh&hf) to be looks ordinary !! This film disgrade RasulALlah (pbuh&hf) status.

RasulAllah(pbuh&hf) nobility are disgrace in this film...they should re-conduct this film or else ban every part which shows RasulAllah(pbuh&hf) figure and voice.

What happened in Denmark, one of the reason is our fault.We dont know how to respect RasulAllah(pbuh&hf)..for example even the one who called muslem draw the face of RasulAllah(pbuh&hf)..if we dont know how to..give highest respect to RasulAllah(pbuh&hf) then how could those kufr respect him(pbuh&hf)?

Pls stand for RasulAlah(pbuh&hf) …

I love mawkeeb and others film which is great for any sincere soul.But its more loving to read about what does this Al-Nebras film is trying to tell the audience rather than watching it as the message has been added with negative figure of RasulAllah(pbuh&hf)!

Am smelling something fishy in here.the way they dressed RasulAllah (pbuh&hf) improper than Imam Ali(as),They even almost made us to see the face of RasulAllah(pbuh&hf)..am afraid the shia will be disgraced more because the “treatment” they’ve made for RasulAllah(pbuh&hf),even more worst if there’s plot to separate the Ummah existed through this film!!!!And why do we need faces to inspire the love within our chest for Allah’s beloved? Should we draw Allah’s face(God forbid) to inspire our love for him(swt)???

Pls, let us investigate more!!

salam 3likom brother,

The best and perfect way is to follow how they make film "The message"..the film makers respect the spirituality of message of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh&hf) and dont make any impersonation for Prophet Muhammad(pbuh&hf)..they did not show " RasulAllah(pbuh&hf)" in that film . That way will show up more beauty within a film and we can feel the highness of RasulAllah(pbuh&hf) within our chest.if am not mistaken..even Imam Ali(as) figure have not been shown as he is the central-figures of the faith.

Guys does anyone have a link to Al Nebras movie with english subtitles/voice?

I know on Youtube if you search Al-Nebras there is the complete movie in arabic .... but some form of translation will make things easier for everyone who does not know Arabic completely. :(

I know on Youtube if you search Al-Nebras there is the complete movie in arabic .... but some form of translation will make things easier for everyone who does not know Arabic completely. :(

Ahh are you still waiting for this.

I am too :(

Ahh are you still waiting for this.

I am too :(

here is some of the movie, retitled as "the battle of Khaybar." it is good video quality and has good english subtitles. quite enjoyable.